Page 1193 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 193109311431183118911901191119211931194119511961197120312431293 ... LastLast
Results 29,801 to 29,825 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Fair point. Still not stone, meaning that the plot line in question (since it revolved around the idea that the Statue of Liberty is stone, when it's actually metal) is not consistent with itself.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I just googled it, and I can't find anything on statues having to be made of stone in order to turn into weeping angels.

Yeah, I don't think stone is a requirement. But still, it seemed like some pointless cinematic thing when the statue of liberty turned into an angel. If I remember correctly, it didn't serve any purpose in the plot whatsoever.

The only redeeming factor about that episode is that Amy and Rory finally left. I actually liked Rory, but not Amy.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Earlier in the episode, the angels don't really move much at all and they just look like statues (as they're supposed to). The tension mounts as the characters learn the true nature of the angels, even after being freaked out about them beforehand. We also get little glimpses of what the angels are capable of, but nothing super cinematic or exciting. All in all, the episode itself is really good but the angels as DW monsters are kind of overrated (mostly due to the fandom)
    jesus christ this is the scene i watched and my enjoyment had nothing to do with the content. it just ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~LOOKED SUPER LOW BUDGET AND ALSO LIKE THE DIRECTOR AND CINEMATOGRAPHERS HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~~*

why have i needed to say exactly the same thing 4 times ****ing hell
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    jesus christ this is the scene i watched and my enjoyment had nothing to do with the content. it just ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~LOOKED SUPER LOW BUDGET AND ALSO LIKE THE DIRECTOR AND CINEMATOGRAPHERS HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~~*

You're not allowed to criticize Dr. Who, that's why.

Y'know, I've never watched Doctor Who. I can't say I feel like I'm missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think stone is a requirement.
    I remember otherwise -- but if I didn't, why would I be bringing it up? (This may also just be that it never happened otherwise and, well, poor reception to how the Angels were noticeably different just by the second episode, with especially that "An image of an Angel is itself an Angel" seeming really goddamned contrived.)

But still, it seemed like some pointless cinematic thing when the statue of liberty turned into an angel. If I remember correctly, it didn't serve any purpose in the plot whatsoever.
    It clearly was to make it seem like ~the earth was in more danger oh noes~ because apparently the audience of Doctor Who regularly forgets what they're watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    You're not allowed to criticize Dr. Who, that's why.
    That's sacred cow status for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
    Not really. A few of the episodes are pretty okay, but that's mostly the older portions of the series. Also, science fiction is... well, a troubled genre on whole.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 15th May 2013 at 3:22 AM.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
    I suggest you watch the first four seasons of the new series and then stop

Then you won't be missing out

^ Click this for good times ^

I could never really get into Dr. Who, is it really that meh?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    I'd say so

Next question
    Running for the thrill of it

I actually find Top Gear more overrated than Doctor Who.

I find game of thrones the most overrated show ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    I find game of thrones the most overrated show ever.
    I don't think we can be friends anymore.

#sorryimnotsorry

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    We only went on for it for about nine million pages, you know.

Honestly, I don't like much TV in general.

The usual links

the red dead redemption soundtrack is so good
    life is
    a game

That's one of those many, many video games I haven't played.

If I can find a used copy around for a decent price, though, I'll be changing that. But well... used video games; when you're looking for something, you can't find it cheaply. And if you can, it's probably damaged to hell and back.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    That's one of those many, many video games I haven't played.

If I can find a used copy around for a decent price, though, I'll be changing that. But well... used video games; when you're looking for something, you can't find it cheaply. And if you can, it's probably damaged to hell and back.
    I saw that game at Target last week for ten dollars. It surely can't be that difficult to find that particular game used for cheap.

If Target's selling it for $10, I can probably find it for, like, a quarter, then, yeah.

The usual links

stop being cheap and just buy it, it's great
    life is
    a game

The past three times I have changed my bed-sheets, my long-haired currently-moulting cat has decided to make her way up to the bed the next day.

are you American? are you also fat? maybe you can be the one to help me!

i'm trying to budget for this trip i am making to the US of A and need to know how much i need to allocate for food. i will mostly be eating fast food. what is the average cost of a medium or large meal from the likes of mcdonalds, wendys, kfc, subway or burger king? if you know other chains that i could visit please let me know! i am hoping to spend less than $20 a day on food, is this realistic? thanks in advance
    life is
    a game

Honestly the whole "you have to play this game/watch this show" thing is really getting old.* I understand people can get excited about things they like, but it's a bit frustrating to constantly bombarded about how you need to watch X or play Y. It's like I can't talk about these things without someone giving some sort of sales pitch.

*I am targeting this message towards everyone in general, including myself.

are you American? are you also fat? maybe you can be the one to help me!

i'm trying to budget for this trip i am making to the US of A and need to know how much i need to allocate for food. i will mostly be eating fast food. what is the average cost of a medium or large meal from the likes of mcdonalds, wendys, kfc, subway or burger king? if you know other chains that i could visit please let me know! i am hoping to spend less than $20 a day on food, is this realistic? thanks in advance
    I often find order 2 hamburders fries and a drink from the dollar menu to be cheaper and just as filling as one of the value menus. (it does give you a bit less to drink, but you can always choose a bigger drink) But for 20 dollars a day you should be able to order pretty much whatever you want, since most value meals top out around 6 dollars. The only thing to really watch for is Taco Bell, depending on what you order prices can be either really cheap or more than plan on spending. (so you may want to do your math before ordering)
    Last edited by Zazie; 16th May 2013 at 4:06 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I often find order 2 hamburders fries and a drink from the dollar menu to be cheaper and just as filling as one of the value menus. (it does give you a bit less to drink, but you can always choose a bigger drink) But for 20 dollars a day you should be able to order pretty much whatever you want, since most value meals top out around 6 dollars. The only thing to really watch for is Taco Bell, depending on what you order prices can be either really cheap or more than plan on spending. (so you may want to do your math before ordering)
    i don't do Mexican food, so that's not a concern. good to hear they mostly top out at $6 though, that's insanely cheap. still keen to hear more replies though
    life is
    a game

The dollar menu at mickey d's is your best bet. Though they took the fries off the dollar menu so they cost a little more now. BK usually has some special sgoing on like buy a whopper and get a whopper jr free or something. Wendys is the most expensive ( meals ranging in the $10 area) but taste better and are more well made for the most part. Their fires suck though

Page 1193 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 193109311431183118911901191119211931194119511961197120312431293 ... LastLast