Page 1196 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 196109611461186119211931194119511961197119811991200120612461296 ... LastLast
Results 29,876 to 29,900 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

maybe american subway is shit (i hope not) but subway owns here
    life is
    a game

Working at a Subway made me realize a Subway is only as good as the people running it. But I guess that's a lot of food places really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Working at a Subway made me realize a Subway is only as good as the people running it. But I guess that's a lot of food places really.
    Alot of places where you work at are alot like that actually in all reality.

I've been working at Victoria's Secret for the past year already, and pretty much, it kinda sucks, but the store is only as good as the people who work there.

Well... that was odd. In case anyone here is still fully trusting of American Law Enforcement... (note: I am American, so my speeds will be in MPH. Apologies to 90% of the board)

Here I am on a highway which has a sort of on-ramp. It's a weird on-ramp that's actually the continuation of the high way, while going straight on will end it. On the main part, and the ramp, the speed is 55 miles per hour. Now, when I was 16 and learning how to drive, I was taught, by a police officer no less, that NO ONE would ever pull someone over for going about 5 mph over the speed limit. Having driven at 5 over for 6 years now with no issue, it makes sense that I would be doing so tonight.

Later down the highway, the speed limit turns to 60 mph. I notice a truck parked right in front of this sign, blocking off view of it. However, I know where the sign is, and begin speeding once I pass it. It's then that the truck flips its headlights on and pulls behind me, where I notice it's a police vehicle. I stop my acceleration at 63 mph, never passing that point. The truck follows me for about 2 minutes before flipping on its lights and pulling me over. I fought this especially weird given that there was another car ahead of me going noticeably faster.

As the officer comes to my window, he informs me that, apparently he clocked me in at 66 mph at the ramp I mentioned. This ramp, by the way, isn't even visible from the spot where they were radaring. So, he leaves to write me the ticket for the radar of my speed that he got without being able to see me. When he returns, for no explained reason, he states that he reduced my radar'd speed to 60, meaning that he fabricated the ticket, admittedly for my sake, to make it appear as if I was going a mere 5 over the speed limit on a clear, dry evening. He leaves, and I take the time to look at the ticket itself.

There are three spots where the ticket can say or imply what my speed was. It clearly states that the speed limit was 55, while noting the mile marker where they were radaring and the speed limit was, in actually, 60 mph. Next to this it says that my speed was 60. Then, in the area designated for extra details, the officer clearly lists my speed as being 66 mph, with an immediate note following saying that I was going 5 mph over.

In summation:
    - Claimed to have captured my speed before they even saw me
    - Claimed I was going 6 mph over my actual speed at that time
    - Fabricated the facts that they put on the ticket to where I shouldn't have even been pulled over to begin with
    - Noted a mile marker where the speed limit would contradict the one put on the ticket
    - Put both the claimed radar speed and the made-up reduced speed on the ticket, giving me physical proof of the officer contradicting himself

I've decided what I'm going to do, personally (see ya in court, bros! ), but I thought this might make an interesting topic of discussion.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

^yeah, law enforcement are pretty stupid and full of shit.

We don't need spackers like that patrolling the streets legally stealing money from people.

Insomnia is a B***H.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    I've decided what I'm going to do, personally (see ya in court, bros! ), but I thought this might make an interesting topic of discussion.
    Take a picture of yourself after you win the case for the memories.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Many policemen are small little men who get off on the power. Unfortunately, this reflects badly on those who actually do worthwhile and stellar work.

The great thing about Britain though is PCSO's. They have no legal authority over you, yet still try and act with authority. It's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Many policemen are small little men who get off on the power. Unfortunately, this reflects badly on those who actually do worthwhile and stellar work.

The great thing about Britain though is PCSO's. They have no legal authority over you, yet still try and act with authority. It's hilarious.
    This.

There are really good policemen who actually do their jobs well and care for the people.

I've ran into alot of police over the past few years, and have met some pretty nice people in the service. But there are also those who are just miserable pathetic people who get off on the power to show off for something they are lacking in, just because they like it and couldn't fit in well with the rest of society and just to show how "tough" they are. Oh well... too bad...

it's not like we can make things equal: like stripping the police of all their human rights as soon as they don a badge and enforce the law.

Mm, during some of my... incidents... where I have been at fault, I've met with some really nice officers. By no means am I implying that all, or even the majority, are like the ones that soured my evening.
    My Shinies:

corrupt cops is why i have a dashcam

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    they're shit because most subways here arent run by amercians

they used to be, but not anymore

Hi-five everyone!

Maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    it pretty much is, you're better off going to another sandwich place here

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    Hi-five everyone!

Maybe not...
    i got you bro
    *high five*

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

This.

While we're sharing stories of cosmic losers who get off to the tiny amount of power they are given, a couple years back, my mom and I were driving home. I've probably mentioned this before, but I live in a small town in Illinois now, in a subdivision in the middle of corn country. We're in a shitty, beat-up old van.

This cop pulls us over and cites us for not having used our turn signal. We clearly did. He was probably just pulling us over because we ~*looked suspicious*~, being in a crappy vehicle and all. There was no way for us to actually prove that we used our turn signal.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I remember I was driving home from work at night and I wasn't speeding or anything, and this cop just pulls me over outta nowhere and told me I had a broken tail light. And then when he asked me to find my registration and insurance, I couldn't find my insurance for some reason even after looking for five minutes. And then he just let me go without showing it. And I really did have a broken tail light. Man, pigs are all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I remember I was driving home from work at night and I wasn't speeding or anything, and this cop just pulls me over outta nowhere and told me I had a broken tail light. And then when he asked me to find my registration and insurance, I couldn't find my insurance for some reason even after looking for five minutes. And then he just let me go without showing it. And I really did have a broken tail light. Man, pigs are all the same!
    Man, I hope you sued his *** so hard!
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Not capable of doing their job and delicious when barbequed?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Sadly, experience has confirmed this for me. Last summer, my sister and her friends were out in the park somewhere around 11:00 PM (Keep in mind, this is a small town, with relatively low crime). I figure "Hey, it's summer, it's pretty normal for some teenage girls to be hanging out in a park on a summer night." After a while though, five police cars show up to deal with three teenage girls (because, heaven forbid, they must be armed to the teeth). Dang, talk about a bunch of wimps. They always seem to complain about how their police department is short on funds. But, they can afford to send five cops out to harass people for the stupidest BS. And when you do need them (Like the one time a drunk, passed out woman decided to sneak into my room) you have to practically twist their arms to get them to do anything.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    in the middle of corn country.
    Welcome to Illinois.

Completely unrelated to the cops topic but... I've lived near St. Louis for the majority of my life and I went to the Anheuser-Busch brewery for the first time today. Free tour and free beer. (What's not to like about that?) And I actually found a beer that I like so that's cool I guess.

I'm a RCMP kid . Therefor it makes me sad to see when there's so many... shitty cops in the states. Seriously. Not that the RCMP is perfect mind you but good lord the cops in the states

Star-Lord

Games today play like this.

Pretty much.

I blame poor implementation of the save feature
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Games today play like this.

I died at the LOZ part.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Page 1196 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 196109611461186119211931194119511961197119811991200120612461296 ... LastLast