Page 984 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 88493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast
Results 24,576 to 24,600 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #24576
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I actually googled it and apparently it came from Suicide Silence.

    Then Drake made it popular 'cause he's Drake.

    In any respect.. ew.

  2. #24577
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    755

    Default

    man

    i seriously look good in that pea coat i got for christmas
    last.fm
    facebook


    OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

  3. #24578
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    A few pages have passed I know, apologies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deku_Link View Post
    does SC not realize that *****ing about a rape victim's grammar is trivializing rape lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    does not trivialize rape by implying that her message is null and void due to the fact that she used bad grammar.
    I assume that the two of you understand the difference between content and presentation yes? Her sign carries about as much significant weight as a facebook status update. You'll excuse me if I don't lose too much sleep over mythically trvialising an already trivialised argument.

    It was exactly the same with those nauseating 99% placards and then the "repartees" from those who disagreed with them. They contributed **** all except for a few people "sharing" it with their facebook friends and congratulating themselves on being pro/anti the "cause".

    Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    please tell me more about how inaccurate her personal account of being raped was, because we all know you were there and have all the facts
    Ok, no prob. Let's begin.

    "My rapist doesn't know he's a rapist" - Uh, yeah he does, unless he's genuinely mentally deficient.

    "You taught him it wasn't his fault"- Who is "you"? The police chief who sparked the "****walks"? If so, why is this going on tumblr? Why does she not cut back on the block caps and refer to him by name. If it's not him, no idea who she's referring to. I think we're all taught that rape is usually the rapist's fault. Honestly, who hasn't been taught that (or simply worked it out through common sense and education)?

    "This culture, your culture, my culture, told them, told me, this was my fault"- No it didn't and no it doesn't. We're not in Saudi Arabia. A tiny tiny minority does not constitute a culture. No Western culture as an entirety condones rape or blames the woman for it occurring. That's just such a worthless statement. I'm aware of how utterly callous that sounds and of course I don't wish to belittle her suffering (despite your loaded attempts to suggest such a thing. For future reference, the clue is in the syntax and choice of words. At no point do I refer to her personal account of being raped as inaccurate. I refer to her sign as being inaccurate. They're two separate things.). However, I can't substantiate any significance to her wider argument and nor should anyone else.

    Prefer if you take it to V/PM if you have anything more to say.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 29th December 2012 at 7:58 PM.

  4. #24579
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    I saw Life of Pi and Safety not Guarenteed recently. If you want to see some good movies this winter, they are worth checking out.

    I haven't seen Les Miserables or the Hobbit. The former because I wasn't that into the play and the latter because it looks like an overindulgent cash grab.
    Last edited by Zazie; 29th December 2012 at 2:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Honestly the OP's attention seeking has really gone into overdrive recently.
    Best Signature Ever!

  5. #24580
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i still have to see the hobbit though. i had to read it for school this year.
    I wish my school curriculum had been this cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    man

    i seriously look good in that pea coat i got for christmas
    It's hard to look bad in a pea coat. They're pretty great.

  6. #24581
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    I actually googled it and apparently it came from Suicide Silence.

    Then Drake made it popular 'cause he's Drake.

    In any respect.. ew.
    Actually, the Suicide Silence version of "You Only Live Once" wasn't the first song to be named that. There was a song by the same title recorded by The Strokes in 2006, five years earlier. Personally, I prefer the that version better. However, if you really want to be technical about it, the saying has been around for ages, just maybe not particularly in those words. In fact, there was dialogue in Pokemon Yellow that had the exact phrasing.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  7. #24582
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Luminoise City
    Posts
    310

    Default

    well i had to read that. it was rthe best book so far. i also read eusebius and agustine

    Credit to Sworn Metalhead

  8. #24583
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADORRRR
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    I actually googled it and apparently it came from Suicide Silence.

    Then Drake made it popular 'cause he's Drake.

    In any respect.. ew.

    Suicide Silence will never be forgiven for the atrocity they have brought upon mankind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    mods are like the animals at the zoo. fun observe and sometimes throw peanuts at. some of them are even scary at first but after going back and seeing them a few times you realize that they arent. you even realize that some of them may be painfully boring.

  9. #24584
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I wish my school curriculum had been this cool.
    Yeah, I read The Hobbit in 9th grade. It was the only substantial piece of literature that I enjoyed the whole year, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    Suicide Silence will never be forgiven for the atrocity they have brought upon mankind.
    Preach.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  10. #24585
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Actually, the Suicide Silence version of "You Only Live Once" wasn't the first song to be named that. There was a song by the same title recorded by The Strokes in 2006, five years earlier. Personally, I prefer the that version better. However, if you really want to be technical about it, the saying has been around for ages, just maybe not particularly in those words. In fact, there was dialogue in Pokemon Yellow that had the exact phrasing.
    Pretty good song.
    Also ha, I saw that in picture form yesterday.

    I'm sure that "YOLO" has been going on for a very long time. Imagine in medieval days when men decided to joust for some fair maiden and they thought "Hmm.. I could become severely disfigured or die from this.. but.. YOLO!!".
    That was a terrible example.
    I just woke up.

  11. #24586
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADORRRR
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    In any case "swag" and everything related (i.e. snapbacks, low riding) is wayyyy worse than people who say YOLO

    Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    mods are like the animals at the zoo. fun observe and sometimes throw peanuts at. some of them are even scary at first but after going back and seeing them a few times you realize that they arent. you even realize that some of them may be painfully boring.

  12. #24587
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I got swag.

    I wear my pants down to my calves. That's how much swag I got.

  13. #24588
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Yeah, I read The Hobbit in 9th grade. It was the only substantial piece of literature that I enjoyed the whole year, though.
    That's a bummer. I can't remember reading anything good in 9th grade.. I didn't start to enjoy the books we read until I forced my way into the honors class.

  14. #24589
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    In any case "swag" and everything related (i.e. snapbacks, low riding) is wayyyy worse than people who say YOLO
    This is nothing wrong with snapbacks.

  15. #24590
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Worst post of the year.



    We'll miss ya.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  16. #24591
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Lol didn't he just win Mod of the year?

  17. #24592
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    I'm less concerned about him being removed as a mod because it doesn't really matter who's modding so long as there aren't any tools on the staff (which there aren't, at least in Misc.), but I'm pretty concerned about the fact that he modified all of his info and the rules thread to be all cryptic about sailing into the night upon the river Styx or w/e.

  18. #24593
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    dope boy
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    thats sad i liked profesco great mod great guy

    I wonder who's next in line to take the reigns of Misc. (besides Kirby and Kreis)
    maybe it's because we mod smart people and smart people tend to share a lot of the same characteristics.....

    your average spp user

  19. #24594
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Profesco's gone? He was nice

  20. #24595
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    thats sad i liked profesco great mod great guy

    I wonder who's next in line to take the reigns of Misc. (besides Kirby and Kreis)
    So that's why they had the "most likely to become a mod" category in SPPf Awards... :P

    I really don't care as long as the person selected (if there is one) isn't an idiot, though that's not really something to be concerned about in my mind, because Kreis is a cool guy.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  21. #24596
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,137

    Default

    Maybe that's why I made the sppf awards??? who knows.....
    pm me any reports/questions that you may have

  22. #24597
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    And thus the mod who legitimately cared about the users is no more.

  23. #24598
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Kreis, how do I get a post count like yours? I am willing to pay big money.

    Also, when did this become GCT4? Thought it was the second version of the thread, if memory serves correctly.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  24. #24599
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,773

    Default

    Was Profesco even active as a member of the forums all that much for the past, well... let's be honest, about half a year?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue
    The usual links

  25. #24600
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Profesco's gone? He was nice
    O_o"
    if you say so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Kreis, how do I get a post count like yours? I am willing to pay big money.

    Also, when did this become GCT4? Thought it was the second version of the thread, if memory serves correctly.
    thats what i was wondering...
    Live long and prosper


    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Page 984 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 88493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •