Page 743 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast
Results 18,551 to 18,575 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Well it's a 20 minute commercial. How many of those would be good?
    Hasbro has made a lot of decent counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic
    Wait, no, that's the "North American Man-Boy Love Association." That won't work.
    North American May-Boy Love Association. /low-hanging fruit

Would people watch a show about the Messing with Sasquatch commercials?

I mean they already tried the Geico cavemen and that failed miserably.
    There's already the Search for Bigfoot show, which is pretty much Messing with Sasquatch if Sasquatch never actually showed up on camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

I now feel that I have way too many posts in this thread.

Guys... i see everything... i can see everything within everything...

mindblow of truth

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Hasbro has made a lot of decent counter-arguments.
    Hasbro didn't drag things out over 15 years though with sub par quality. Unless they did, my knowledge on that stuff isn't the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I now feel that I have way too many posts in this thread.
    I'm number 6. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans since my posts go largely ignored. HEY! Don't you dare quote this post just to prove me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post

mindblow of truth

Hasbro didn't drag things out over 15 years though with sub par quality. Unless they did, my knowledge on that stuff isn't the best.
    Oh, yeah, definitely. But all their shows are unquestionably 20-minute toy commercials, and many of them hold up quite well as kids' or all-ages series.

Man, I wish most of the gifs I had weren't too big for this board's file size limits. I have a lot of them that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    I'm number 6. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans since my posts go largely ignored. HEY! Don't you dare quote this post just to prove me wrong!
    too late
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Like Transformers messed with the status quo and actually wrote stuff like the main character dying, so you can tell while it was a toy commercial they put some effort in it.

Cenocronic might actually have more than me due to him and MS being the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post

mindblow of truth

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    North American May-Boy Love Association. /low-hanging fruit
    Dammit, man...

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Cenocronic might actually have more than me due to him and MS being the same person.
    I'm off by 15.

... guess I'd better spam more.

Man, I'm so disappointed that this image is about 300 kb too big to use in my sig:
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

And just when I was starting to forget why I disliked you...

Am I the only one finds it annoying when people ***** about how others don't respond to them or add something just to get a response (ie. what you did at the end of your post)

Also, this post was directed more generally at people who do this than just ES7...

I also went to the mall this evening to go shopping, and came across what looked like a onesie or what ever you call those things babies wear, but made for teenager girls... Could someone please explain it to me... It looked really ugly :'(

It was a joke. Why you took it personally and harped on people that have nothing to do with you is a complete mystery to me.

It was a joke. Why you took it personally and harped on people that have nothing to do with you is a complete mystery to me.
    Yes, obviously I took it increadibly personally and feel as if this is a very serious matter. And yes, because I'm only allowed to respond to posts that involve me, totally forgot about that :P

*snore* Sarcasm is boring. Tell us a joke about kittens.

Hey everyone I got a new computer it is pretty fab.
    OH ALSO we found an apartment that is also pretty fab.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

I'm number 6.
    How do you even find stuff like that out? There's probably some forum tool I'm missing here, but.
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

Sorry sorry I know rape is the hot topic now, but just thought I'd answer these briefly. Feel free to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Order of the Phoenix gets bashed a lot for being angsty, but I think that was a deliberate choice to keep Harry more real as a character.
    Being angsty and being a complete whiny little douche are two seperate things.

At that point in the series he's a 15 year old boy, and 15 is a really difficult age.
    Spare me.

That said, I have to say my favorite HP book objectively is Goblet of Fire. I thought it had a great plot and it was really the turning point in the series.
    It suffers from many of the problems that Order suffers from too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Hang on a second here - I thought the Goblet of Fire was one of the best; as a single book it has one of the best plots amongst the seven
    It's 100 pages too long, it has plots which just seem to meander to nowhere (Hermione and the House Elves), Cedric Diggory's death didn't actually serve as much of a plot point, but I shall grant you that the basic idea is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    It's heavily, heavily, heavily, heavily, heavily, heavily, heavily, heavily, heavily implied. It's impossible not to pick up on it if you are aware of rape, even more so if one knows the lore of centaurs.
    It's a children's book. It's not implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansy :] View Post
    If i recall correctly J.K. Rowling was actually considerring killing him off in the fourth or fifth book... Personally I'm a bit neutral on ron, while he can appear as a douche alot of the time, but honestly Harry wasn't always a super great friend to him either.
    I doubt this is true seeing as she said she'd scribed the last chapter before she'd even had the first book published.

Anyway, that is all, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    If I'm remembering my time in Pokemon Anime Discussion correctly, he thinks the show was amazing singlehandedly because of May and without her his opinion plummeted. I know she's just a cartoon character, but she's still supposed to be a preteen cartoon character, so there's that.
    He seems to like Iris so far, but his opinions change completely depending on who he's talking to, so it's hard to judge what he really thinks. He did seem to like DP too, once he got over May being written off. :U

Right now, he seems far more obsessed with hating Misty than he does with loving May, although I guess his hatred of the former is just because she's not May.

Quote Originally Posted by Murton View Post
    How do you even find stuff like that out? There's probably some forum tool I'm missing here, but.
    Click the number of replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I doubt this is true seeing as she said she'd scribed the last chapter before she'd even had the first book published.
    I think it was actually Arthur Weasley she said that about, not Ron. She definitely wanted to kill him off instead of Lupin and Tonks, regardless.

CyberCubed is banned. The rallying against his fanfiction here was what probably made it possible so thank you sppf activists.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It's a children's book. It's not implied.
    Again, the same children's book that implies sexual relations between a man and his goats. This implication was confirmed.

No, it is true. It's in this video somewhere; I'm not prepared to watch it all again for the precise moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I think it was actually Arthur Weasley she said that about, not Ron. She definitely wanted to kill him off instead of Lupin and Tonks, regardless.
    Arthur was also indeed intended to die, and would have appeared in "The Forest Again" alongside Sirius, James and Lily instead of Lupin.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    CyberCubed is banned. The rallying against his fanfiction here was what probably made it possible so thank you sppf activists.
    He's been banned countless times now. I don't know why he isn't permabanned.

*goes to the Debate snack bar and puts a finger over a his mouth, hovering over the glass like a little kid*

I'll take the Reese's mister.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

*drops by and says hey*
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Again, the same children's book that implies sexual relations between a man and his goats. This implication was confirmed.
    I'll need to see a source to believe that, because having the centaurs gang rape Umbridge is nonsensical, both because it's a children's book, and because it would provide a degree of sympathy for her.

No, it is true. It's in this video somewhere; I'm not prepared to watch it all again for the precise moment.
    Rowling BS. Why say she'd written the final chapter and then come up with this? She's got a history of it. It's up there with the after the event "reveal" of Dumbledore as gay. She would never have had the drive to kill off Ron.

But I think in my absolute heart of heart of hearts, although I did seriously consider killing Ron, [I wouldn't have done it],
    It's Rowling creating **** after the event.

I'll need to see a source to believe that, because having the centaurs gang rape Umbridge is nonsensical, both because it's a children's book, and because it would provide a degree of sympathy for her.
    http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/10/20/j-k-rowling-at-carnegie-hall-reveals-dumbledore-is-gay-neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more:

Q: In the Goblet of Fire Dumbledore said his brother was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms [JKR buries her head, to laughter] on a goat; what were the inappropriate charms he was practicing on that goat?

JKR: How old are you?

Eight.

JKR: I think that he was trying to make a goat that was easy to keep clean [laughter], curly horns. That's a joke that works on a couple of levels. I really like Aberforth and his goats. But you know Aberforth having this strange fondness for goats if you've read book seven, came in really useful to Harry, later on, because a goat, a stag, you know. If you're a stupid Death Eater, what's the difference. So, that is my answer to YOU.

[loud applause]
    It's Rowling creating **** after the event.
    OK.

Page 743 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast