Page 947 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8478979379439449459469479489499509519579971047 ... LastLast
Results 23,651 to 23,675 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

My username is closer to my first one, which was Money902. I don't know why I changed it to Seelöwe in the first place.

I doubt anyone cares though, since I rarely post in this thread anymore.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Does it make your press the direction you want to jump toward before you press the button ?

They make you do that in Castlevania 3 and it is really frustrating. The game is difficult enough without having to fight the controls.
    Nah. I think that control scheme is only present in the three NES games, and maybe the old Gameboy games and the Wii-Ware Rebirth.

The controls are very fair. It's just ball-breakingly difficult.

I'm Playful Nightmare. Not that you'd know me, of course. I rarely post as it is, even though I lurk all day long.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Who am I?
    I HAVE NO IDEA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    My username is closer to my first one, which was Money902. I don't know why I changed it to Seelöwe in the first place.

I doubt anyone cares though, since I rarely post in this thread anymore.
    Because mo' moneyy = mo' problemms?

Quote Originally Posted by Locked In My Asylum View Post
    I'm Playful Nightmare. Not that you'd know me, of course. I rarely post as it is, even though I lurk all day long.
    I remember. You guys are being total downers; stop harshing my buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    Masturbation

Do you know who I am?
    My evil twin brother? Because I though that by throwing him into Jupiter I would have seen the last of him.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Nah. I think that control scheme is only present in the three NES games, and maybe the old Gameboy games and the Wii-Ware Rebirth.

how good is it? i've been considering seeking out a ROM of it. i haven't liked the series since the RPG style the series did with games like Symphony of the Night, and since Symphony is a sequel to it and all...

Masturbation

Do you know who I am?
    Everyone I ever met at community college.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Lmao I see all these people quoting my new username and I'm like, "Hey didn't I say that?" then I realize that it is me lol

Ok that probably isn't funny

No, it is funny. You are fine.

Lmao I see all these people quoting my new username and I'm like, "Hey didn't I say that?" then I realize that it is me lol

Ok that probably isn't funny
    not funny, BUT HILARIOUS!
    *slaps knee*
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Evilyn View Post
    how good is it? i've been considering seeking out a ROM of it. i haven't liked the series since the RPG style the series did with games like Symphony of the Night, and since Symphony is a sequel to it and all...
    It's the last classic-style, level-based game in the series before Symphony of the Night. Good design and hard as nails (though probably not as hard as the NES ones). And there are alternate levels and secrets all over the place that give a bit of the exploration kick the later games have.

Get it if you like fun and video-games sometimes. If you have a Wii, download it for that so Konami gets your moneys.
    Last edited by Cipher; 2nd December 2012 at 2:55 AM.

Who am I?
    Judging from the initials, I would guess Jeff Beck.

I should try the game out eventually then. (along with Super Castlevania and Bloodlines)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Close.

Mirror's Edge totally needs a sequel, like now.

Close.

I tried it, found out I'm not supposed to explicitly chase after the goons, and stopped playing it. Is it good?

I should try the game out eventually then. (along with Super Castlevania and Bloodlines)
    i've only played a little bit of Bloodlines so i can't comment on that, but Super Castlevania is a slight bit of a black sheep of the series- it plays much faster paced than the original but it lacks any of the RPG elements. it's also a bit mediocre compared to some of the similar platformers on the SNES, but i still like it.

i guess i'd compare the difference between say, Castlevania 1 and Super Castlevania to something similar to the difference between classic Megaman and Megaman X. i like all of the things mentioned in this though, so you know. just saying that in case you were planning on dropping a hundred dollars for it on eBay or something.
    It's the last classic-style, level-based game in the series before Symphony of the Night. Good design and hard as nails (though probably not as hard as the NES ones). And there are alternate levels and secrets all over the place that give a bit of the exploration kick the later games have.

Get it if you like fun and video-games sometimes. If you have a Wii, download it for that so Konami gets your moneys.
    if it's just the exploration and none of the grinding the RPG Castlevania games have then that's cool. and it'd give me a reason to touch my Wii, which i shelled out full price for because i got it at launch, so i guess that's reason enough too. thanks for the response.

ok u guys can rejoice now i changed all the names

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Why do you insist on making more work for me as a complete and total buzzkill?

The usual links

i've only played a little bit of Bloodlines so i can't comment on that, but Super Castlevania is a slight bit of a black sheep of the series- it plays much faster paced than the original but it lacks any of the RPG elements. it's also a bit mediocre compared to some of the similar platformers on the SNES, but i still like it.

i guess i'd compare the difference between say, Castlevania 1 and Super Castlevania to something similar to the difference between classic Megaman and Megaman X. i like all of the things mentioned in this though, so you know. just saying that in case you were planning on dropping a hundred dollars for it on eBay or something.
    I prefer Megaman X to the original series so I will take that as a positive. (Or it may be that I tend to prefer 16 over 8 bit in general.)
    Last edited by Zazie; 2nd December 2012 at 4:14 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Why do you insist on making more work for me as a complete and total buzzkill?
    who is this bro
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

i like all of the things mentioned in this though, so you know. just saying that in case you were planning on dropping a hundred dollars for it on eBay or something.
    I should point out that, like Rondo and the NES games, it's also under $10 to download on the Wii.

And it's also worth a play, although it's probably the easiest of the classic-style games (which might be a good thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Psh, I've tried striking a conversation with you on Steam at least three times now and every time you never respond
    You sure it's me you're trying to talk to? Because the only person that ever tries to initiate a conversation with me on Steam, aside from a close friend, is some guy from /v/ who only wants to talk about Minecraft and TF2, so pretty much no one.

She might think you're not hot enough to continue a conversation with.

Seriously though, land whales can't be picky with who they talk to. If I don't get bored with a conversation, I'll talk to a person as often as they want to. If I do get bored, yeah, I just don't respond, then it gets awkward and I don't sign on for a few days and just hope they don't try to initiate a conversation again.
    My people skills are terrible.

This is a good post.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    You sure it's me you're trying to talk to? Because the only person that ever tries to initiate a conversation with me on Steam, aside from a close friend, is some guy from /v/ who only wants to talk about Minecraft and TF2, so pretty much no one.
    I want so badly to make a snide remark about Minecraft, but I was in an FYE today (yeah, yeah, I know, but I bought a copy of Rush's Roll the Bones for $6; came pretty close to buying Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds, too, because it was a tenner and everyone on tumblr that I know pretty much ****ing loves her/them, so I feel obligated to learn and hate it) and they had foam Minecraft pickaxes and swords, and a cart had Minecraft t-shirts alongside many shirts depicting the typical "meme faces," so I don't think I even need to.

They even make a Minecraft pickax bottle opener, presumably because you really need to be hammered to enjoy Minecr

Really, that more bugs me because that sounds extremely uncomfortable to use, and at twenty bucks, why bother? I can probably get one for less than ten that has a nice rubberized grip.

e: And yes, I'm getting down really hard on Minecraft, but I think it's jumped its shark.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 2nd December 2012 at 6:29 AM.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    (yeah, yeah, I know, but I bought a copy of Rush's Roll the Bones for $6)
    You have wonderful tastes in music and I respect that.
    they had foam Minecraft pickaxes and swords, and a cart had Minecraft t-shirts alongside many shirts depicting the typical "meme faces," so I don't think I even need to.

e: And yes, I'm getting down really hard on Minecraft, but I think it's jumped its shark.
    Yeah, the whole Internet culture jumping into the mainstream is kind of annoying. Like, the second you post a picture anywhere, expect to see it in about a week at HotTopic on someone's poorly-made tshirt. I REALLY don't get it. Like, a friend of mine has a shirt with troll face on it, and it's just kind of off-putting. Like, just seeing that kind of "LOLINTERNETREFERENCE" on someone's shirt, in public, I try to avoid those people like the plague. Sure, it was kinda funny maybe three or four years ago, but seriously, spending money on something that isn't even funny is probably one of the dumbest things a person could do.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Yeah, the whole Internet culture jumping into the mainstream is kind of annoying. Like, the second you post a picture anywhere, expect to see it in about a week at HotTopic on someone's poorly-made tshirt. I REALLY don't get it. Like, a friend of mine has a shirt with troll face on it, and it's just kind of off-putting. Like, just seeing that kind of "LOLINTERNETREFERENCE" on someone's shirt, in public, I try to avoid those people like the plague. Sure, it was kinda funny maybe three or four years ago, but seriously, spending money on something that isn't even funny is probably one of the dumbest things a person could do.
    Yeah. If I... really wanted something like that, I could probably make it myself, and not fund people who, probably, have something questionable about what they're doing. Specifically on the internet meme things, someone needs to take these people aside and say to them, "You're not special and you're making a lot of other internet users look like immature manchildren*."

(*adjusted to gender because I have no idea what the **** other-gender versions of "manchild" and derivatives are, if you can even call "manchild" gendered)

The usual links

Page 947 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8478979379439449459469479489499509519579971047 ... LastLast