Page 1280 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 280118012301270127612771278127912801281128212831284129013301380 ... LastLast
Results 31,976 to 32,000 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Any here have spanish class before this is my first time in one.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Spanish class sucked when I was in school. Why that was a requirement is beyond me.

Spanish is part of the list of easy languages to learn, you just got to put some effort into it. The great thing about learning a romance language is that you'll be able to understand some of the other romance languages, such as Portuguese, Italian and French.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

I'd recommend taking Latin before you take any other foreign languages, if you have the option of course. It makes learning many other languages that much easier.

I love spanish its my second favorite class.
    My friend on the other hand is conviced that Japansee is much easyer and that Spanish sucks.
    She is really starting to turn into a weeboo.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.

Helps with the SATs too, if you're still in high school. A lot of words used have Latin prefixes and suffixes, so even if you don't know the definition of a word, you can get an idea of what it means.

Edit: I'm talking about Latin, not Spanish for the SATs.
    Last edited by Kreis; 7th October 2013 at 1:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Helps with the SATs too, if you're still in high school. A lot of words used have Latin prefixes and suffixes, so even if you don't know the definition of a word, you can get an idea of what it means.
    Good thing I'm in Middle school .

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Spanish class sucked when I was in school. Why that was a requirement is beyond me.
    Probably because there's so many Spanish speaking people in the United States? French is a requirement in Canada for the same basic reason I would assum.e

Spanish is part of the list of easy languages to learn, you just got to put some effort into it. The great thing about learning a romance language is that you'll be able to understand some of the other romance languages, such as Portuguese, Italian and French.
    As a French speaker I can confirm this. I'm actually able to read a good amount of Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. Nowhere to call myself proficient in the language, but enough to get the general gist of the phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by the lounge View Post
    I'd recommend taking Latin before you take any other foreign languages, if you have the option of course. It makes learning many other languages that much easier.
    Super helpful for Science as well I find because of suffixes and prefixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    I love spanish its my second favorite class.
    My friend on the other hand is conviced that Japansee is much easyer and that Spanish sucks.
    She is really starting to turn into a weeboo.
    Yeah that is serious weaboo behavior because you don't have to learn an entire new Alphabet in Spanish so it's objectively a lot easier to learn than something like Japanese. But of course, with any language it's abut how much work you put into it so she is probably super invested in learning Japanese over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Probably because there's so many Spanish speaking people in the United States? French is a requirement in Canada for the same basic reason I would assum.e

As a French speaker I can confirm this. I'm actually able to read a good amount of Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. Nowhere to call myself proficient in the language, but enough to get the general gist of the phrase.

Super helpful for Science as well I find because of suffixes and prefixes.

Yeah that is serious weaboo behavior because you don't have to learn an entire new Alphabet in Spanish so it's objectively a lot easier to learn than something like Japanese. But of course, with any language it's abut how much work you put into it so she is probably super invested in learning Japanese over anything else.
    The thing is she was never intresed in Japaness until she starterd watching Ouran Highschool Club.

Hey, whatever gets people more cultured is great. It's annoying that some people are learning Japanese because of anime or w/e, but considering that several people never bother to learn second languages, I think it's pretty a cool thing when people go out of their way to learn a different language.

I actually agree. As long as they're having fun learning their language and keep themselves motivated I think that's a pretty good thing. A lot of people grow out of that sort of weaboo-ish behavior. I'll assume that you're both young but just give it time haha.

I'm in the process of learning German as a third language and I'm so glad I'm taking these courses. It's so fun.
    Last edited by Moogles; 7th October 2013 at 2:08 AM.

Hey, whatever gets people more cultured is great. It's annoying that some people are learning Japanese because of anime or w/e, but considering that several people never bother to learn second languages, I think it's pretty a cool thing when people go out of their way to learn a different language.

I know that it's just she keeps shoving it down my Mouth.

I find it a bit annoying when people are all judgey when I mention possibly learning Japanese to read/watch anime/manga. Apparently I am not allowed to want to learn a language for practical reasons, I have to have a deep unsterstanding of the culture or something. Otherwise I am a apparently a weeaboo, despite not being engaged in the level of Japanophilia that the poeple making complaints are. I don't want call people names or anything, but it does seem like the pot calling the kettle black. No offense to people who are interested in Japanese culture mind you, that's cool and all, I just think people shouldn't be so quick to toss around the insults.

I really should learn some Spanish, it's pretty practical, and there lot's of opportunities to use it. And I should probably brush up on my French too, since I already have some basic familiarity, even if I haven't been good at it.

I'm in the process of learning German as a third language and I'm so glad I'm taking these courses. It's so fun.
    My German teacher was kind of nuts. He made me throw a football (American football), at his poster of Napoleon. He was a pretty good teacher though, my class had a lot of "at risk" students but he got everyone learning. Except the 3rd of the class that was expelled for drugs.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th October 2013 at 2:29 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I find it a bit annoying when people are all judgey when I mention possibly learning Japanese to read/watch anime/manga. Apparently I am not allowed to want to learn a language for practical reasons, I have to have a deep unsterstanding of the culture or something. Otherwise I am a apparently a weeaboo, despite not being engaged in the level of Japanophilia that the poeple making complaints are. I don't want call people names or anything, but it does seem like the pot calling the kettle black. No offense to people who are interested in Japanese culture mind you, that's cool and all, I just think people shouldn't be so quick to toss around the insults.

I really should learn some Spanish, it's pretty practical, and there lot's of opportunities to use it. And I should probably brush up on my French too, since I already have some basic familiarity, even if I haven't been good at it.

My German teacher was kind of nuts. He made me throw a football (American football), at his poster of Napoleon. He was a pretty good teacher though, my class had a lot of "at risk" students but he got everyone learning. Except the 3rd of the class that was expelled for drugs.
    I think I should change the subject from my weeboo friend.
    I think once I get a good understanding of Spanish and can speak it well I'll try Japaness then maybe Arabic since I am a Muslim I need to know it.

I'm just a little butthurt because my school was actually teaching us Chinese, which I was learning all the way up until 6th grade, then decided to switch to Spanish. Looking back, it was easier to learn than Spanish was.

That said, I do know a good deal of Spanish but I'm eventually going to lose it because I never use it. It's kinda like math.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm just a little butthurt because my school was actually teaching us Chinese, which I was learning all the way up until 6th grade, then decided to switch to Spanish. Looking back, it was easier to learn than Spanish was.

That said, I do know a good deal of Spanish but I'm eventually going to lose it because I never use it. It's kinda like math.
    LOL I hate math too it's pretty much useless in the real world anyway.

Actually I had to use trigonometry when I was helping my dad re-do the Garage.

So no not all math is useless in a real world standard lmao. You should be using Math as a real world application when you go shopping among other things.

I use math when shopping.

That's probably the only time I use math.

Well maybe Im just not good at math.
    So any one here every tried visting another country I really want to see places.

yes i have been to some places
    life is
    a game

Here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me want to wag my tail, when it comes I wanna wail, MAIL!!!!!!!!!!

I use math pretty frequently, mostly for dice/card probabilities and guitar modding. It may not be everyday stuff, but I have found that some of the slightly more advanced math can let you figure out some pretty interesting stuff.

Not everyone need to know or care about anything beyond basic math, but it's not exactly worthless either.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I use math regularly to calculate probability, and to determine how much I should hate myself.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Answer: a lot.

Page 1280 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 280118012301270127612771278127912801281128212831284129013301380 ... LastLast