Page 261 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 1612112512572582592602612622632642652713113611261 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Not even 24 hours? That's disappointing =/
    I have claimed Pokemon Emerald. U jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Some people get off to that kind of stuff.

By the way, Glass Eye, your user title really tickles me.
    Thanks. It's probably way above the heads of the typical poster here, but that's half the reason for using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    That's funny. I thought it was destined for a smooth and relevant ride after the topic-creator falsely claimed to be a conservative Christian man.

tl;dr Kirby is comically bad about determining what is and is not a surprise.
    How long it lasted isn't important. It got to 12 pages and lasted for quite a sizable amount of time after it ceased to be entertaining. I would call it a stunning sucess.

Didn't the last one last like three days?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Didn't the last one last like three days?
    Apparently it's not healthy to have one that long. Bad for your testicles, I think.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    That's funny. I thought it was destined for a smooth and relevant ride after the topic-creator falsely claimed to be a conservative Christian man.

tl;dr Kirby is comically bad about determining what is and is not a surprise.
    I'm comically bad about determining a lot of things :P
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

I believe each virginity thread in succession lasted for a shorter duration than its predecessor.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Which, of course, is exactly the opposite of how it goes in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Which, of course, is exactly the opposite of how it goes in real life.
    I lol'd.

Also, I'm sad
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

I'm attempting to use a Deino in White. Is it weak? Cause I know it evolves at levels 50 and 64...so? Anyway, Coca Cola all the way! I'm actually drinking Coke right now! Ahh, such a satisfying taste that just invigorates the mouth Drink Coke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCharmander View Post
    I'm attempting to use a Deino in White. Is it weak? Cause I know it evolves at levels 50 and 64...so?
    It's not prohibitively weak, but it is saddled with Hustle, which cuts the accuracy of all your physical moves to 80% of their starting rate. Unless your Deino has a load of Sp. Atk. training under its belt, you may have a hard time dealing damage to your opponents reliably and quickly enough to make it easy to proceed through the game.

On a related note, I wonder what's up with so many 5th Gen Pokemon evolving 20-30 levels later than all of their comparable peers from every previous generation? =/

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

deino is more special oriented anyways iirc but doesn't get Dragon Pulse nor Dark Pulse unless you breed

Well, I have the Trio Badge and a level 15 Deino with Dragon Pulse, because I bred then traded from my completed Pokemon Black!! I am going to use the same moveset as Carlita's Hydreigon, DragonBreath, Flamethrower, Focus Blast and Hyper Voice. Awesome, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    Also, I'm sad
    And why is that?

I'm attempting to use a Deino in White. Is it weak? Cause I know it evolves at levels 50 and 64...so?
    It's quite the opposite actually. Deino is an extraordinarily strong Pokemon. It's base attack stat combined with it's ability is practically unheard of for a first stage Pokemon. It's held back by it's piss poor movepool though. I still don't understand why it can't learn Dragon Claw or Hone Claws or anything halfway decent for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    It's not prohibitively weak, but it is saddled with Hustle, which cuts the accuracy of all your physical moves to 80% of their starting rate. Unless your Deino has a load of Sp. Atk. training under its belt, you may have a hard time dealing damage to your opponents reliably and quickly enough to make it easy to proceed through the game.
    Just pointing out that Deino's (and Zwelious') strongest attribute is their attack stat not their special attack. Things do a sharp 180 once it evolves into Hydreigon though.

Also Hustle is anything but a hindrance. It's an ability that most Pokemon would kill for. The accuracy drop can be annoying but the attack boost more than makes up for it. You'd see it more often in competitive play if it wasn't for it's relatively poor distribution. More often than not the only Pokemon you'll see running it are Durant and occasionally Togekiss.

Fun fact: Thanks to Hustle, Zwelious has the strongest Outrage in 5th gen. look it up

On a related note, I wonder what's up with so many 5th Gen Pokemon evolving 20-30 levels later than all of their comparable peers from every previous generation? =/
    That's still up for debate. As far as I know Game Freak hasn't actually commented on it, but what I think it all boils down to is Game Freak's way of upping the difficulty curve.

Personally I like it. It makes my journey through the main game more interesting and I feel more accomplished once my Pokemon fully evolve.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

I'm attempting to use a Deino in White. Is it weak? Cause I know it evolves at levels 50 and 64...so? Anyway, Coca Cola all the way! I'm actually drinking Coke right now! Ahh, such a satisfying taste that just invigorates the mouth Drink Coke!!!
    Awh, the 'My Girlfriend' post went away....=/

Get Deino. Hydregion is a really good sp. attker and just has awesome typing in general.

Nah, I'll have my root beer
    I have claimed Pokemon Emerald. U jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    Just pointing out that Deino's (and Zwelious') strongest attribute is their attack stat not their special attack. Things do a sharp 180 once it evolves into Hydreigon though.

Also Hustle is anything but a hindrance. It's an ability that most Pokemon would kill for. The accuracy drop can be annoying but the attack boost more than makes up for it. You'd see it more often in competitive play if it wasn't for it's relatively poor distribution. More often than not the only Pokemon you'll see running it are Durant and occasionally Togekiss.
    That's what I meant when I suggested Sp. Atk. training, since its Sp. Atk. stat is only second lowest to its Speed, and its physical movepool is limited in scope and by Hustle - so if you want a Deino that's going to be easy/fun to train, you'll want a specially-packing one. Speaking of which, Hustle is cool for competitive, maybe, but in regular gameplay you want reliability and consistency more than you do sheer power. Training a Hustle Pokemon is a different game than using one in any particular battle.

That's still up for debate. As far as I know Game Freak hasn't actually commented on it, but what I think it all boils down to is Game Freak's way of upping the difficulty curve.

Personally I like it. It makes my journey through the main game more interesting and I feel more accomplished once my Pokemon fully evolve.
    Yeah, I like it too, considering I almost always neglect evolving my Pokemon until late-game. But it's such an abrupt and noticeable change, is all. =0

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

On soda: I don't drink soda, because I really don't like the flavor. I've tried 'em all, Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, 7 Up, Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, (etc.) but none have really appealed to me.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Meinshao would be the better choice. It's just more useful all around.

What's up everyone?

One of my mom's co-workers made home made chocolate candies for people in the office. My mom can't eat chocolate, so I'm being nice and eating it for her.

Also, way to be creepy and copy jb's sig/avatar.

That's mildly novel.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

It's 1 AM and I think it's my most ingenious idea ever.

You forgot the Straight-Edge-Brony. ;O
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Well, I'm interested to see where this goes, but I'm also sleepy. Sleep wins over SPPf; good night all.

I'd rather self-induce vomiting than associate that phrase with myself.

If you say so.
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Page 261 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 1612112512572582592602612622632642652713113611261 ... LastLast