Page 528 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 428478518524525526527528529530531532538578628 ... LastLast
Results 13,176 to 13,200 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Malanu View Post
    I don't see it. The Mods here give you enough rope, if you hang yourself with it it is on your shoulder. Cruxis was old enough to know what was and wasn't acceptable behavior on forums and chose to post in an inappropriate manner. That he lasted as long as he did is a testament to the Mods restraint.
    The mods shouldn't give rope, though, in my opinion.

Also, "restraint?" This happened right in front of them. That's beyond restraint, mate, that's outright non-action.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    Made it to level 15 without losing any hearts. Lost them all on 17.

Staring at the ceiling fans in school instead of doing work really helped.

Lol I love you guys. And I do need a nap because I only got like 3 hours of sleep last night.

Made it without losing a single heart until level 18. Lost the next one at level 20. Game Over at level 23.

Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Fugit View Post
    The mods shouldn't give rope, though, in my opinion.

Also, "restraint?" This happened right in front of them. That's beyond restraint, mate, that's outright non-action.
    Figure of speech TF. The Mods get crap if they are strict they also get crap if they are lenient. They have a crap job that gets little to no respect from us users. Long and short, Cruxis knew full well he was being inciteful and crude. He has no right to be upset for what happened because of his own actions. he needs to man up, move on, and learn from his experience.

@Atari... No problem, get some sleep and come back when yer a bit more frosty!

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I've enjoyed this forum more since I turned 18. Maybe because my life became worse? I don't know, but still.
    Well in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    I also thinks its funny how everyone was kissing Cruxis' *** and encouraging his rampage but now that he seems to be gone everyone is all is denying giving him any support.
    I noticed that too. Yesterday it was "the best thing to happen to sppf in years" (although Ethan's departure was far more exciting), and the Malanu makes one post about people defending Cruxis (?), and suddenly it's OHNO WE WEREN'T DEFENDING HIM.

Well at least his crusade breaks up the monotony a little bit.

You post the best stuff here. I got to level 11 and lost it all.

On the subject of modding here, I honestly think we need another mod here. Profesco seems to do the bulk of the work in Misc., and he can't be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Well in general.On the subject of modding here, I honestly think we need another mod here. Profesco seems to do the bulk of the work in Misc., and he can't be everywhere.
    This is indeed a good idea. Prof has done a great job but as you said he cannot be everywhere at once.

So true!

This is indeed a good idea. Prof has done a great job but as you said he cannot be everywhere at once.
    You're pretty level-headed and impartial........

#MalanuForMiscMod2012

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    #MalanuForMiscMod2012
    LOL!Oh heavens no! I don't want that job E-K!

So true!

Got to level 29. I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I think I might be a hawk.

Cheers for another cool link, though.
    Running for the thrill of it

For that same reason you're perfect for it. Because you don't want it, you wouldn't abuse it.

It's the folk that want mod-ship more than anyone that end up applying the rules selectively, letting their buddies off the hook, yet slamming the hammer on anyone who's ever disagreed with them or got on their bad side, for whatever reason, which in turn leads to complaints over their rulings.

Yes I would! I would abuse it. That's why I don't want it. I'd be hammer happy and many would be very VERY displeased.

So true!

Yes I would! I would abuse it. That's why I don't want it. I'd be hammer happy and many would be very VERY displeased.
    Hmm - you certainly do not come off as the vindictive, or vengeful type.

So that is hard for me to imagine.

Not vengeful or vindictive, just letter of the law strict, with no excuses. Military law esque enforcement.

So true!

Being a mod isn't so bad. You just have to not care when people get pissy about your decisions. The mods are doing well in that department. I've dealt with mods who took things personally and didn't act very professional even when they were getting paid to mod. Can't say anything about the mods in other sections, but the Misc. mods are good at being level headed at least. People also should realize that mods are just doing their jobs. On the site I mod for, I've had to enforce rules I didn't agree with. Sometimes it comes with the territory.

Figure of speech TF. The Mods get crap if they are strict they also get crap if they are lenient. They have a crap job that gets little to no respect from us users. Long and short, Cruxis knew full well he was being inciteful and crude. He has no right to be upset for what happened because of his own actions. he needs to man up, move on, and learn from his experience.
    If he had been infracted beforehand, he would have known that he wouldn't be allowed to get away with it anymore. It's like expelling a student who always forgets their books when they've been given little to no warning up until that point instead of just giving a detention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    For that same reason you're perfect for it. Because you don't want it, you wouldn't abuse it.

It's the folk that want mod-ship more than anyone that end up applying the rules selectively, letting their buddies off the hook, yet slamming the hammer on anyone who's ever disagreed with them or got on their bad side, for whatever reason, which in turn leads to complaints over their rulings.
    Joe can always unmod them if they abuse it.

we don't know if he was infracted, and frankly I don't buy into the "I didn't know" defense in this case. He should have known full well he was tempting fate with what he was saying. Unless he talks that way in front of his parents/teachers/boss without admonishment he has no excuse. Heck I'd shot him a PM or two saying he was pushing it. I also shot him one or two saying his crap was funny too... when it was.

So true!

I'm not even sure why anyone would want to be a mod. People look at mods differently than regular users. You either have members kissing up to you or members afraid of you, because it's uncommon for them to look at you like a person instead of an authority figure. It's rough because mods take a lot of crap for simply doing their job. Few among us could take that kind of stress.

no one is ever getting modded because i say so

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

17 is ****ing evil

Ill b new mod gyz.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Ill b new mod gyz.
    shh dnt say tat cuz then u wont be mod
    Running for the thrill of it

Being a mod here isn't so bad. (:<

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Ill b new mod gyz.
    You wouldn't be able to handle it. :<
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 28th April 2012 at 9:07 PM.

I got to 20, which is impressive considering how many distractions are around me.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    shh dnt say tat cuz then u wont be mod
    Ah...The infinite paradox. XD

Page 528 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 428478518524525526527528529530531532538578628 ... LastLast