Page 870 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 770820860866867868869870871872873874880920970 ... LastLast
Results 21,726 to 21,750 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #21726
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    She gain so much reception because she was a pretty white girl and Amercians eat that up. If it was a bum or someone from the ghetto, no one would give it a second thought.

    Oh, and there's nothing "Lol"about what happened.
    I never said that what happened to her was 'lol' if that's what you think I meant. I only wrote that because I've been seeing it flood my news feed all over Facebook and it was more of a 'Oh boy here we go again!' type of thing. 8)

    With this rather unfortunate event making national news, the name Shania Gray comes to mind. Admittedly, I only heard about her because people compare her story to Amanda Todd's. How a young black girl who was raped and murdered isn't receiving as much attention as a young white girl who killed herself over bullying solely because of race. :T

    Anywho...

    oh it's a love/hate romance. 'cause i could watch her dance, if i've got my boots.
    credit to Ruby Moon

  2. #21727
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    ^I think it's called Missing White Girl Syndrome? Where the news will talk more about white girls rather then any other race or sex if there's a crime committed against them, by the by does anybody here like Thomas Dolby.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

  3. #21728
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    I never said that what happened to her was 'lol' if that's what you think I meant. I only wrote that because I've been seeing it flood my news feed all over Facebook and it was more of a 'Oh boy here we go again!' type of thing. 8)
    Whoops, forgive me for misunderstanding.

  4. #21729
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post

    Sean Connery 4 best James Bond woot
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

  5. #21730
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    Lol Amanda Todd, with all her memorial pages on Facebook. She isn't the only person to kill herself due to bullying but why did she gain so much reception?

    Not like it matters. In another week no one will even care as much as they say they do. Like Kony 2012, Adalia Rose, and every other 'pity' bandwagon.
    I was waiting for something like this to pop up.

    I believe she could have stopped herself from everything straight from her boob flash. She did it on a chat room, its pretty obvious to a lot of people that she could have shut the damn computer down. Yet, she had to make a big deal about it. If she commited suicide because of that, she never would have stood a chance in the real world unless she turned into a stripper.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  6. #21731
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Dude, Pierce Brosnan is my favorite Bond.
    Yeah, I was saying he isn't the worst because Rezzzzzzzo said he was. I do think Sean Connery is better than Brosnan but Brosnan was a great Bond.

    e:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Do you (or anyone else who reads this) have any other brilliant game suggestions?
    E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
    But in all seriousness, I more I think about it LA Noire might be one of the most underrated games of all time. Well, not really; because everyone who played it loved it, but I feel like not that many people played it. Idk man, it was nearly perfect, the story was plotgasmic, the graphics were sleek, the gameplay was pretty fun, and the game just sort of stays with you.
    I'm probably doing a bad job of describing it, so you should go check out some trailers/reviews if you haven't yet; but I'm guessing you've probably already heard of it.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 16th October 2012 at 1:13 AM.

  7. #21732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    But in all seriousness, I more I think about it LA Noire might be one of the most underrated games of all time. Well, not really; because everyone who played it loved it, but I feel like not that many people played it. Idk man, it was nearly perfect, the story was plotgasmic, the graphics were sleek, the gameplay was pretty fun, and the game just sort of stays with you.
    I'm probably doing a bad job of describing it, so you should go check out some trailers/reviews if you haven't yet; but I'm guessing you've probably already heard of it.
    I played it and didn't like it at all, personally.
    The idea was kinda cool, but it was pretty much just SPAM ACCUSE TO WIN. It was kinda bland, tbh.
    The best part of the game was finding and driving the Reliant Robin. Best car. Other than that it just felt like GTA but you're playing a cop, so you can't punch hookers.

  8. #21733
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    I played it and didn't like it at all, personally.
    The idea was kinda cool, but it was pretty much just SPAM ACCUSE TO WIN. It was kinda bland, tbh.
    The best part of the game was finding and driving the Reliant Robin. Best car. Other than that it just felt like GTA but you're playing a cop, so you can't punch hookers.
    There were definitely bland parts and it probably dragged on for too long but I'm willing to overlook that because the rest was so awesome.
    Interestingly, I only used "accuse" like 5 times the entire game. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    I guess it's sort of like GTA in that it's an big world with cops and bad guys, but GTA is a sandbox game while LA Noire is way more plot-driven and story-based, so of course you couldn't punch hookers because Cole Phelps would never hit a woman. I got pretty immersed in it and I liked it although there were times it felt like a chore to play. So I'd give it like a 8.3/10.

  9. #21734
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,980

    Default

    Saints Row is the best sandbox game series.

  10. #21735
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Whore'd Mode makes it a lock to win.

  11. #21736
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Veldt.
    Posts
    5,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Saints Row is the best sandbox game series.
    a good post

  12. #21737
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,890

    Default

    I only have Saints Row: The Third, but holy **** is it fun.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  13. #21738
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ehhhhhhhh
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    I was waiting for something like this to pop up.

    I believe she could have stopped herself from everything straight from her boob flash. She did it on a chat room, its pretty obvious to a lot of people that she could have shut the damn computer down. Yet, she had to make a big deal about it. If she commited suicide because of that, she never would have stood a chance in the real world unless she turned into a stripper.
    **** you. Did you read the story? She did not "make a big deal about it." The man who anonymously pressured her to flash him sent the pictures to everyone in her hometown after she refused to service him sexually. The people at her school chased her with the pictures all the way across the country. If she were a boy, do you think this would have happened? The man would have been blamed for being a pedophile. But we live in a culture where women's bodies are inherently shameful and where one mistake as a teenager can make you a pariah no matter where you go.

    What the **** is wrong with you?
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

  14. #21739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    KORUSAN IS A VERY BAD POSTER
    Posts
    388

    Default

    gotta love members who are bad at sarcasm and condescend those who dont pick up on it
    wh

  15. #21740
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    **** you. Did you read the story? She did not "make a big deal about it." The man who anonymously pressured her to flash him sent the pictures to everyone in her hometown after she refused to service him sexually. The people at her school chased her with the pictures all the way across the country. If she were a boy, do you think this would have happened? The man would have been blamed for being a pedophile. But we live in a culture where women's bodies are inherently shameful and where one mistake as a teenager can make you a pariah no matter where you go.

    What the **** is wrong with you?
    just gonna quote this
    life is
    a game

  16. #21741
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    KORUSAN IS A VERY BAD POSTER
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    **** you. Did you read the story? She did not "make a big deal about it." The man who anonymously pressured her to flash him sent the pictures to everyone in her hometown after she refused to service him sexually. The people at her school chased her with the pictures all the way across the country. If she were a boy, do you think this would have happened? The man would have been blamed for being a pedophile. But we live in a culture where women's bodies are inherently shameful and where one mistake as a teenager can make you a pariah no matter where you go.

    What the **** is wrong with you?
    best post on spp

    if i was still a staff member here i would make an upvoting system to give you 1000000 upvotes and then immediately disable the upvoting system for everyone else
    wh

  17. #21742
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Yeah I'll leave the Amanda Todd topic sit.

    I've never played a Saints Row game. There are too many good games out there that I want to play, but am unable to get to them all. First world problems, yadda yadda.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  18. #21743
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    I was waiting for something like this to pop up.

    I believe she could have stopped herself from everything straight from her boob flash. She did it on a chat room, its pretty obvious to a lot of people that she could have shut the damn computer down. Yet, she had to make a big deal about it. If she commited suicide because of that, she never would have stood a chance in the real world unless she turned into a stripper.
    Another quality post by Autismic

    so right now my life is dumb and stupid because of things
    oopsie

  19. #21744
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tecksas
    Posts
    7,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB
    Man Rave, remember when you used to be a mod, that was like the coolest **** ever.
    That was once upon a long time ago in a different lifetime of mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    **** you. Did you read the story? She did not "make a big deal about it." The man who anonymously pressured her to flash him sent the pictures to everyone in her hometown after she refused to service him sexually. The people at her school chased her with the pictures all the way across the country. If she were a boy, do you think this would have happened? The man would have been blamed for being a pedophile. But we live in a culture where women's bodies are inherently shameful and where one mistake as a teenager can make you a pariah no matter where you go.

    What the **** is wrong with you?
    lmao

    gotta love members who are bad at sarcasm and condescend those who dont pick up on it
    lol

  20. #21745
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'll sing Row, you sing Row
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Saints Row is the best sandbox game series.
    Infamous says hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    What the **** is wrong with you?
    This is the same person who made jokes about the Aurora shooting a week after it happened.

  21. #21746
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Karkat's head. :o)
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Autismic, that was pretty low-brow and rude. The girl killed herself for crying out loud!

    I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

    So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

  22. #21747
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,890

    Default

    Hey, Autismic? I don't know what anyone told you, but there is no such thing as a person who tells jokes about a tragedy who is cool, especially not on the internet.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  23. #21748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deku_Link View Post
    gotta love members who are bad at sarcasm and condescend those who dont pick up on it
    What?

  24. #21749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Saints Row is the best sandbox game series.
    I knew you were a good person at heart, jb.

    So I'm banned from /v/ for three days for making a thread about video games. I should have known that was a bad idea. Oh well, time to reset the router. I wanted to rename my network, anyways.

  25. #21750
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    So I'm banned from /v/ for three days for making a thread about video games. I should have known that was a bad idea.
    I don't have that Simon Pegg clapping gif, but I don't know which I'd apply it to in this case. Until then, have a video link to the theme from the greatest game I've never played.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

Page 870 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 770820860866867868869870871872873874880920970 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •