Page 870 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 770820860866867868869870871872873874880920970 ... LastLast
Results 21,726 to 21,750 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    She gain so much reception because she was a pretty white girl and Amercians eat that up. If it was a bum or someone from the ghetto, no one would give it a second thought.

Oh, and there's nothing "Lol"about what happened.
    I never said that what happened to her was 'lol' if that's what you think I meant. I only wrote that because I've been seeing it flood my news feed all over Facebook and it was more of a 'Oh boy here we go again!' type of thing. 8)

With this rather unfortunate event making national news, the name Shania Gray comes to mind. Admittedly, I only heard about her because people compare her story to Amanda Todd's. How a young black girl who was raped and murdered isn't receiving as much attention as a young white girl who killed herself over bullying solely because of race. :T

Anywho...

oh it's a love/hate romance. 'cause i could watch her dance, if i've got my boots.
    credit to Ruby Moon

^I think it's called Missing White Girl Syndrome? Where the news will talk more about white girls rather then any other race or sex if there's a crime committed against them, by the by does anybody here like Thomas Dolby.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    I never said that what happened to her was 'lol' if that's what you think I meant. I only wrote that because I've been seeing it flood my news feed all over Facebook and it was more of a 'Oh boy here we go again!' type of thing. 8)
    Whoops, forgive me for misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post

Sean Connery 4 best James Bond woot
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    Lol Amanda Todd, with all her memorial pages on Facebook. She isn't the only person to kill herself due to bullying but why did she gain so much reception?

Not like it matters. In another week no one will even care as much as they say they do. Like Kony 2012, Adalia Rose, and every other 'pity' bandwagon.
    I was waiting for something like this to pop up.

I believe she could have stopped herself from everything straight from her boob flash. She did it on a chat room, its pretty obvious to a lot of people that she could have shut the damn computer down. Yet, she had to make a big deal about it. If she commited suicide because of that, she never would have stood a chance in the real world unless she turned into a stripper.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Dude, Pierce Brosnan is my favorite Bond.
    Yeah, I was saying he isn't the worst because Rezzzzzzzo said he was. I do think Sean Connery is better than Brosnan but Brosnan was a great Bond.

e:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Do you (or anyone else who reads this) have any other brilliant game suggestions?
    E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
    But in all seriousness, I more I think about it LA Noire might be one of the most underrated games of all time. Well, not really; because everyone who played it loved it, but I feel like not that many people played it. Idk man, it was nearly perfect, the story was plotgasmic, the graphics were sleek, the gameplay was pretty fun, and the game just sort of stays with you.
    I'm probably doing a bad job of describing it, so you should go check out some trailers/reviews if you haven't yet; but I'm guessing you've probably already heard of it.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 16th October 2012 at 1:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    But in all seriousness, I more I think about it LA Noire might be one of the most underrated games of all time. Well, not really; because everyone who played it loved it, but I feel like not that many people played it. Idk man, it was nearly perfect, the story was plotgasmic, the graphics were sleek, the gameplay was pretty fun, and the game just sort of stays with you.
    I'm probably doing a bad job of describing it, so you should go check out some trailers/reviews if you haven't yet; but I'm guessing you've probably already heard of it.
    I played it and didn't like it at all, personally.
    The idea was kinda cool, but it was pretty much just SPAM ACCUSE TO WIN. It was kinda bland, tbh.
    The best part of the game was finding and driving the Reliant Robin. Best car. Other than that it just felt like GTA but you're playing a cop, so you can't punch hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    I played it and didn't like it at all, personally.
    The idea was kinda cool, but it was pretty much just SPAM ACCUSE TO WIN. It was kinda bland, tbh.
    The best part of the game was finding and driving the Reliant Robin. Best car. Other than that it just felt like GTA but you're playing a cop, so you can't punch hookers.
    There were definitely bland parts and it probably dragged on for too long but I'm willing to overlook that because the rest was so awesome.
    Interestingly, I only used "accuse" like 5 times the entire game. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    I guess it's sort of like GTA in that it's an big world with cops and bad guys, but GTA is a sandbox game while LA Noire is way more plot-driven and story-based, so of course you couldn't punch hookers because Cole Phelps would never hit a woman. I got pretty immersed in it and I liked it although there were times it felt like a chore to play. So I'd give it like a 8.3/10.

Saints Row is the best sandbox game series.

Whore'd Mode makes it a lock to win.

a good post

I only have Saints Row: The Third, but holy **** is it fun.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post

I believe she could have stopped herself from everything straight from her boob flash. She did it on a chat room, its pretty obvious to a lot of people that she could have shut the damn computer down. Yet, she had to make a big deal about it. If she commited suicide because of that, she never would have stood a chance in the real world unless she turned into a stripper.
    **** you. Did you read the story? She did not "make a big deal about it." The man who anonymously pressured her to flash him sent the pictures to everyone in her hometown after she refused to service him sexually. The people at her school chased her with the pictures all the way across the country. If she were a boy, do you think this would have happened? The man would have been blamed for being a pedophile. But we live in a culture where women's bodies are inherently shameful and where one mistake as a teenager can make you a pariah no matter where you go.

What the **** is wrong with you?
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

gotta love members who are bad at sarcasm and condescend those who dont pick up on it
    wh

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    **** you. Did you read the story? She did not "make a big deal about it." The man who anonymously pressured her to flash him sent the pictures to everyone in her hometown after she refused to service him sexually. The people at her school chased her with the pictures all the way across the country. If she were a boy, do you think this would have happened? The man would have been blamed for being a pedophile. But we live in a culture where women's bodies are inherently shameful and where one mistake as a teenager can make you a pariah no matter where you go.

just gonna quote this
    life is
    a game

best post on spp

if i was still a staff member here i would make an upvoting system to give you 1000000 upvotes and then immediately disable the upvoting system for everyone else
    wh

Yeah I'll leave the Amanda Todd topic sit.

I've never played a Saints Row game. There are too many good games out there that I want to play, but am unable to get to them all. First world problems, yadda yadda.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post

Another quality post by Autismic

so right now my life is dumb and stupid because of things
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB
    Man Rave, remember when you used to be a mod, that was like the coolest **** ever.
    That was once upon a long time ago in a different lifetime of mine.

lmao

gotta love members who are bad at sarcasm and condescend those who dont pick up on it
    lol

Infamous says hi.
    This is the same person who made jokes about the Aurora shooting a week after it happened.

Autismic, that was pretty low-brow and rude. The girl killed herself for crying out loud!

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Hey, Autismic? I don't know what anyone told you, but there is no such thing as a person who tells jokes about a tragedy who is cool, especially not on the internet.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Deku_Link View Post
    What?

I knew you were a good person at heart, jb.

So I'm banned from /v/ for three days for making a thread about video games. I should have known that was a bad idea. Oh well, time to reset the router. I wanted to rename my network, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    So I'm banned from /v/ for three days for making a thread about video games. I should have known that was a bad idea.
    I don't have that Simon Pegg clapping gif, but I don't know which I'd apply it to in this case. Until then, have a video link to the theme from the greatest game I've never played.

The usual links

Page 870 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 770820860866867868869870871872873874880920970 ... LastLast