Page 930 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8308809209269279289299309319329339349409801030 ... LastLast
Results 23,226 to 23,250 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

i would consider getting a tattoo but i'm a loser who can't deal with pain. also the only place i'd probably get them is on my arm and i have an arm condition.

tattoos can be cool though. i think the idea of being inspired by something enough you're willing to (semi) permanently add it on your body is really cool. even if they're bad ones. i'm not into sleeve tattoos and the like, though, just judging from looks. not that anyone should care.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    HEY, you just like, totally stole my voice. isn't it bad enough that our profiles look almost identical?
    duuuuude why did you change your profile

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    That's a lie since I don't like your voice.
    Side effect of it being to good.

man jb your voice is like

ice

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by indifference View Post
    It's a pretty tattoo. The font in combination with the butterfly is perfect.
    Thanks. It took me weeks to pick out a font. XD

Pick comic sans instead.
    [03:16] <kesha> youre a 10 baby

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Pick comic sans instead.
    I'm not stylish enough to be a hipster so something so ironic wouldn't suit me. ;P

I couldn't stand getting a tattoo
    Not because of the pain (which isn't that bad I've heard) I just think its incredibly retarded to permanently scar yourself. To me, its just not worth it one bit.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Not because of the pain (which isn't that bad I've heard) I just think its incredibly retarded to permanently scar yourself. To me, its just not worth it one bit.
    I used to debate about whether it's worth it to put something on my body for the rest of my life. But, y'know, I work with people who are dying. Life is incredibly short, and at the end of it all, some ink in your dermis really isn't a big deal. If it's nice to look at and it makes someone happy, I don't think it's "retarded" at all.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 21st November 2012 at 4:17 AM.

Transplanting olfactory cells from a paralyzed dog's nose into its spinal cord initiated some neural regeneration, allowing the dog functional use of its hind legs once again.

Understand that.

Though we are lightyears and millions of dollars away from applying this in the human arena, we have made the lame walk once more. Miracles become reality in the hands of neuroscience. My professional field beats all of the rest of yours. Haha.
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Transplanting olfactory cells from a paralyzed dog's nose into its spinal cord initiated some neural regeneration, allowing the dog functional use of its hind legs once again.

Understand that.

Though we are lightyears and millions of dollars away from applying this in the human arena, we have made the lame walk once more. Miracles become reality in the hands of neuroscience. My professional field beats all of the rest of yours. Haha.

I dunno about lightyears. I mean, vet medicine and human medicine are pretty similar. The millions of dollars thing... Yeah, probably. Everything costs money, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I hope not. It's a simple design, but I put it together myself. And the vast majority of Angels & Airwaves tattoos out there involve their logos in some way. There is this one on Google that has the same lyrics, but the design is totally different.
    It's possible that I'm just delusional.
    Or maybe I just saw the lyrics and maybe saw a butterfly somewhere iduno.

Edit: So wait, nose cells were put into a spine and created a re-working leg?
    Dat sh!t cray.

Good job using ableist language to insult other people in this forum! This is, like, silver-star level dickheadedness, at least.

Understand that.

But...does it rock? Because mine does (lolzlolzlolz).
    But seriously that's really cool.

Although you know that lightyear is a measure of distance and not time, right? I'm assuming you do. This is more for people who will read that and perpetuate the misconception.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    It's possible that I'm just delusional.
    Or maybe I just saw the lyrics and maybe saw a butterfly somewhere iduno.

Edit: So wait, nose cells were put into a spine and created a re-working leg?
    Dat sh!t cray.
    You may have seen it here since I did post it in the picture thread last month. =P

Animals like cats, with their spinal cords severed just above the hind limb extensions - so motor messages from the brain cannot reach the legs - reflexively perform the walking motion when placed on a moving treadmill (I assume the same goes for dogs). Paraplegic humans can't seem to manage this same interesting feat. It's also not an answer to more particular disabilities that come with nerve damage in the spinal cord, like fine motor articulation or bladder control. Maybe lightyears was too strong an estimate, but I'm being cautious. =P

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    Although you know that lightyear is a measure of distance and not time, right? I'm assuming you do. This is more for people who will read that and perpetuate the misconception.
    I've known it ever since the first Gym in Yellow version.

So I don't know why I used it to imply a timeframe. How inattentive of me. (Though time and distance - space - are really the same, just different forms of the single spacetime continuum, so... *nerd nerd*)
    Last edited by Profesco; 21st November 2012 at 5:25 AM.

I used to debate about whether it's worth it to put something on my body for the rest of my life. But, y'know, I work with people who are dying. Life is incredibly short, and at the end of it all, some ink in your dermis really isn't a big deal. If it's nice to look at and it makes someone happy, I don't think it's "retarded" at all.
    Well you are right and all but for me it just doesn't sound appealing at all
    Everyone has a different taste

Good job using ableist language to insult other people in this forum! This is, like, silver-star level dickheadedness, at least.
    im such a good person aren't I?

I'm suddenly beginning to think that everyone on this forum is a staunch liberal
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 21st November 2012 at 5:26 AM.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Understand that.

You of all people should know lightyears are a distance of measurement, not time.

You may have seen it here since I did post it in the picture thread last month. =P
    Oh! I was going to say that as well lol. That's probably where I've seen it then.

Animals like cats, with their spinal cords severed just above the hind limb extensions - so motor messages from the brain cannot reach the legs - reflexively perform the walking motion when placed on a moving treadmill (I assume the same goes for dogs). Paraplegic humans can't seem to manage this same interesting feat. It's also not an answer to more particular disabilities that come with nerve damage in the spinal cord, like fine motor articulation or bladder control. Maybe lightyears was too strong an estimate, but I'm being cautious. =P
    I wonder... Do you think maybe it has something to do with us being bipedal? The reason in my brain is way simpler than me trying to explain my thoughts so I'll just leave it at that question. You have a way more extensive knowledge of this kind of thing.

Well you are right and all but for me it just doesn't sound appealing at all
    Everyone has a different taste

In other news the weather is nice
    It's fine if it doesn't appeal to you. It doesn't make a decision "retarded," though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    You of all people should know lightyears are a distance of measurement, not time.
    Yeah, my blunder was embarassing, but at least I'm not alone in making silly oversights. ;P

But seriously that's really cool.
    Good news is it was an experimental trial, not just a one-off thing. Link, along with a before-after video of one of the successful dogs.

I wonder... Do you think maybe it has something to do with us being bipedal? The reason in my brain is way simpler than me trying to explain my thoughts so I'll just leave it at that question. You have a way more extensive knowledge of this kind of thing.
    I really don't know. I guess it certainly could be. I was sort of wondering if it had anything to do with our greater reliance on the neocortex. I mean to say, our brainstem and hindbrain still manage involuntary life processes, and humans do still exhibit some mild forms of motor decision-making and control at the spinal level, but we're all tied up to the cortices. Voluntary movements depend on the neural networks that begin in the primary motor cortex (we may coincide theoretically here, since bipedalism and our developed brains are evolutionarily linked). Besides that, the link mentions simple distance as an obstacle - some axons travel all the way down the spinal cord, after all (not necessarily ones relevant to this study in detail). The regeneration in the study didn't extend across even the full distance from brain to spinal cord.

Anyway, I don't -

Actually, it looks like the full-text journal article is accessible. Score! Link.

Yeah, my blunder was embarassing, but at least I'm not alone in making silly oversights. ;P
    I'll be honest; I don't see the mistake here.

Guess I am one of those "retards" then... ಠ_ಠ

[19:00] <%Tiffany> that me

I suppose one could say it's "retarded" (how clever) to have such a silly viewpoint, Zenotwapal.

I'm suddenly beginning to think that everyone on this forum is a staunch liberal
    You could say that about everywhere on the internet, though, with rare exception.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

My professional field beats all of the rest of yours. Haha.
    Yeah, well, I might be educating the next professional in a field so it's whatever.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 930 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8308809209269279289299309319329339349409801030 ... LastLast