Page 932 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8328829229289299309319329339349359369429821032 ... LastLast
Results 23,276 to 23,300 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I hate concerts, because the audience keeps screaming all the time. I mean, if they want to excercise their lungs, why don't they go to a party like normal people do? e___e

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Latests shows I've been to were to see Flogging Molly, once on St. Patricks day and the other the day before St. Patty's. Both shows kicked my ***.
    You got to see Flogging Molly? Consider me very, very jealous. D:

^ My friend has seen them numerous times in small pubs and I think she's met them too.

edit: Ninja'd , that was to PeskyPersian.
    editedit: I forgot to check out that song you posted, moot. I shall. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    KMFDM is in Chicago in a few months.
    Contextual clues suggest that is not a fried chicken purveyor. That's all the information I've got about KMFDM so far.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    You're already in my group
    life is
    a game

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

We all kinda knew, though, that creationists egotistically assume they're right because they've got some invisible boogieman on their side. God's got an awesome beard, but not much else going for him -- would you want to believe in someone who doesn't backhand (through various methods) priests who touch little boys? You know, never mind that one is based on shitloads* of research over the years, and one was just something that someone scribbled in a book once upon a time because they were afraid of the dark.

*Actual technical term!

Though the chart was good, especially that last entry, which reads like "Both sides are douche bags who think entirely too highly of the human species."
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

My complaint is with rampant oversimplification and mischaracterization of the "other side" - which is actually frequently a complaint applied to both sides. So much of the discourse obscures more than it clarifies and teaches. This textbook (is it really one?) is guilty of shorthanding the evolutionary perspective, yes, but the frustrating thing is that the science - the good science: the valid reasoning, confirmed predictions from hypotheses, modest refinements of theory, constrained extrapolation to reality, strict observance of logical relationships and possibilities - is still and actually all out there. It is just easily lost amid the noise of not only the obscurantists of the creation movement but also of all the bad science and demonstrably ill-qualified science vocalizers that are out there too. We can't afford that kind of mess in our wider society, let alone in our educational system. To see things like this Louisiana classroom nonsense is discouraging for the ideal of science education and hopeful popular science communicators. =/

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

This is why neither should be taught in school. Anyone who is interested in either could easily study it outside the classroom.

Use that time for recess or something, stop American kids from getting fatter.

Well, if God does exist(and I believe he does) he could really do anything he wanted. Just saying.

But I believe in evolution; creationism just doesn't...fit in...with the miracles in the Bible, which, other than the creation of the world, were all physically possible. I'm not saying the creationist theory must be wrong; it could happen. But nothing's really proven, so it's kind of stupid to go around teaching any of those theories in schools :/

Evolution I can understand being taught, as I've never seen any [good] arguments against it(except platypuses).

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Contextual clues suggest that is not a fried chicken purveyor. That's all the information I've got about KMFDM so far.
    This is KMFDM. To make things more confusing there is also a band called MDFMK which is pretty much the same band under a different name for one album.
    Last edited by Zazie; 22nd November 2012 at 5:15 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greatguy View Post
    Well, if God does exist(and I believe he does) he could really do anything he wanted. Just saying.
    Really now?

I used to pray to God to cure my deafness for years, it wasn't until I was 16 when I just gave up and stop believing in him.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Religious arguments?

Never mind, I'm out of this...

My paleontologist friends and I have been crying over that for awhile now. Did you see the article where senator Marco Rubio, who is on the technology and SCIENCE committee, says he has no way of knowing how old the earth is?

**** these people.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by greatguy View Post

But I believe in evolution; creationism just doesn't...fit in...with the miracles in the Bible, which, other than the creation of the world, were all physically possible. I'm not saying the creationist theory must be wrong; it could happen. But nothing's really proven, so it's kind of stupid to go around teaching any of those theories in schools :/

Evolution I can understand being taught, as I've never seen any [good] arguments against it(except platypuses).
    See, I have a simple solution that could make everyone happy -- The Bible was (choose here: a. "written incorrectly with blanks filled in"; b. "extremely metaphorical, allegorical, and just plain exaggerated by its human authors and re-printers"), and evolution is actually correct and what God intended. The claim is that God knows everything, so wouldn't he know that things change? Just think of it as a software update.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Really now?

I used to pray to God to cure my deafness for years, it wasn't until I was 16 when I just gave up and stop believing in him.
    Well, God's kind of a dick, under the assumption that he exists.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    You got to see Flogging Molly? Consider me very, very jealous. D:
    First time I saw them, I puked from awesomeness overload when I got home.

Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

:D

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Really now?

If you constantly begged for a man to give you money would you expect him to give it to you

Not trying to start anything but your kind of being selfish here. God isn't going to magically fix **** in your life no matter how bad it gets.
    go ahead and call me a bad person for saying that but i really dont care i love jesus
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 23rd November 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    If you constantly begged for a man to give you money would you expect him to give it to you

Not trying to start anything but your kind of being selfish here. God isn't going to magically fix **** in your life no matter how bad it gets.
    go ahead and call me a bad person for saying that but i really dont care i love jesus
    If I was poor and had no money, then yes, I would expect that someone would give at least a bit of their money to help.

I'm sorry, but who the hell are you to tell someone deaf that it's "selfish" for them to want to be given the same natural abilities that you use and enjoy every day?

so wait are we talking about God now? Because if we are, I certainly have a few things to contribute

Dude Flogging Molly came to my school once for our last day of classes concert. It was awesome. Def the best LDOC.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Lmao did you see the loser who posted the one direction thread

loser

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

i did not see that.

;(
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Well, God's kind of a dick, under the assumption that he exists.
    Yeah that is true.

But God isn't just any man.

If God created me then that wouldn't that make him my parent and wouldn't he do everything in his power for his child, since you know parents only want the best for their child.

Let take my real parents when they found out that I was deaf they decided that they would do everything in their power that I would get the support that I needed.

They sent me to private school so I could get the best education, even when money was tight, they took me to every hearing check ups, sent me to speech therapy so I could learn to speak, they just did what a normal loving parent would do and I am forever grateful to them for that.

God however was no-where to be found.

Not trying to start anything but your kind of being selfish here.
    Oh sorry, I didn't know that I had no right to ask to have natural hearing.

God isn't going to magically fix **** in your life no matter how bad it gets.
    Why though, is it because he can't or won't do it or is it because he doesn't exist. Furthermore what does god get out of making people suffer does that mean that god is evil?

Too bad you failed to show understanding and compassion that Jesus himself was talking about.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

woah man mellow out dude

life is good no need to argue

I'm so stoned

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    I'm so stoned
    And I am surprised.

I thought you were just being stupid during all of this time browsing the forum~
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 23rd November 2012 at 2:36 AM.

Page 932 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8328829229289299309319329339349359369429821032 ... LastLast