Page 944 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8448949349409419429439449459469479489549941044 ... LastLast
Results 23,576 to 23,600 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    I remember beating that thing with a pretty major Ninja Turtles franchise character a few years back.

My guess is that if you pick any anime character that lots of other people who like anime also like to ask Internet genies about, it will guess your anime character and then you can go back to watching hentai.

Anything else will probably give it pause. Or at least that was the case a while ago.
    I beat him with a character named Abberline from Black Butler. That genie just could not guess who he was. XD

@Sugar
    Geeze, glad to hear it wasn't anything more serious. Does his memory reset back to a certain point in time ,kind of thing? Or just the past few seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    I got a call from the local EMS yesterday telling me that my dad didn't show up for work that morning and they took him to the ER. They told me that when they arrived at his house, he was dressed and seemed to be doing fine other than the fact that he was walking around confused and didn't seem to remember anything. My first thought was something along the lines of a stroke, but after I got to the hospital, it turns out he was diagnosed with Transient Global Amnesia (temporary short-term memory loss). He's a neurologist so every few minutes his memory would "reset" and he would diagnose himself with TGA again and tell us the story about the first time he diagnosed someone with it. It was a relief to know that was all it was, and after I was told that it was benign and that it didn't lead to anything else, it was actually pretty funny.
    Dude you know what you should do?

You should change his computer clock so that it's like a few days before Christmas, and maybe you can score some early Christmas presents. Unless you're Jewish or something, in which case you're screwed

Also, I'm glad to see that after all these years you still haven't changed your sig even once

^ Click this for good times ^

i love it when doing things in the admin control causes database errors

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

No more name changes, I guess.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

it's working but some ****ing ******* stole a bunch of names again so i have to fix it. whoever did that i will ip ban your ***.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

What? Cruxis is still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I worry about my parents too, they're getting on and I don't live in the area anymore. They're thinking about retiring here though, which means I can keep an eye on them.
    Thankfully neither side of my family seems seem to have any medical history (other than type 2 diabetes on my mom's side from obesity), so that's a good sign that I won't have to worry about losing them early to some form of cancer or what not. Shit happens though, so all we can really do is hope for the best. I don't think my parents plan on retiring anytime soon, but i'm pretty sure they plan on staying in Ohio for awhile. At least until my brother moves out.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    @Sugar
    Geeze, glad to hear it wasn't anything more serious. Does his memory reset back to a certain point in time ,kind of thing? Or just the past few seconds?
    Every few minutes it would "reset". He seemed to be aware of his surroundings and his situation well enough so that we wouldn't have to tell him every 5 minutes about where he was and why. 10 minutes after his colleague left (he dropped in to see him) he was vaguely aware that he came to visit but he wasn't entirely sure. Most of the time he would just repeat the story about the first time he diagnosed someone with TGA and then go on to talk about the irony of the situation. It was surreal but also pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Dude you know what you should do?

You should change his computer clock so that it's like a few days before Christmas, and maybe you can score some early Christmas presents. Unless you're Jewish or something, in which case you're screwed

Also, I'm glad to see that after all these years you still haven't changed your sig even once
    Yeah, I'm Jewish. I was tempted to just order pizza and convince him that he ordered it, but something about taking advantage of elderly family members with a neurological syndrome just doesn't sit right with me... that and I wasn't hungry.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

i dont know who it is. whoever it is is a jerk because all it does is make more work for me because then that person's change takes twice as long. try to do something nice for people and of course some ******* always has to ruin it :|

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    i dont know who it is. whoever it is is a jerk because all it does is make more work for me because then that person's change takes twice as long. try to do something nice for people and of course some ******* always has to ruin it :|
    ...wow
    1 I didn't even knw that was possible.
    2 this os a site that has kids on it, u might want to knock the intensity level down a bit.(personally I think its hilarious to listen to someone go on a rant but still)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Could you just have people PM the names they want to a 'dummy' account instead of making them public on the thread? Or would that just lead to a bunch of other and potentially more frustrating problems?
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    ...wow
    2 this os a site that has kids on it, u might want to knock the intensity level down a bit.(personally I think its hilarious to listen to someone go on a rant but still)
    yeah bro think of the children! how very irresponsible of you ellie >=(
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    ...wow
    Ellie is always intense. She's like a less sticky Ke$ha.

nirvana is a very good band

You mean to say that Ellie, an admin, has no idea there's children here? And that children will somehow be upset by her complaining?
    L m a o

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Ellie is always intense. She's like a less sticky Ke$ha.
    I noticed >.>
    I think its funny but there are kids from the 10 Ish range and I don't think serebii would aprecciate losing members cuz their parents have a problem with the staff.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Serebii appointed her as admin, I think if he was worried about that then he wouldn't have appointed her as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Serebii appointed her as admin, I think if he was worried about that then he wouldn't have appointed her as one.
    Vary true, just stating the obvious.
    #AlphaSapphire

hahahahahahaha less sticky ke$ha, i like that. and dude it's starred out, im not even evading the censor. people post worse crap in this thread every day :U

as for the dummy acct, i could do that but there's a few problems:
    1) when it's in a thread, i can see 20 (or more/less depending on how many posts per page) requests at once. if it's a pm, i have to click back and forth out of the pm. that may not sound like that big of a problem but for this month i have about 300 changes to do, and when it's that many it gets to be a pain
    2) people change their mind throughout the month. theres several posts where ive looked at the edit history bc i was bored and saw they changed it like 4 times. if we had an account to pm they couldnt go back and be like NO JUST KIDDING I WANT TO KEEP MY NAME and i would have potentially wasted my time changing twice
    3) pm space is finite. i could set it up so the account has more space than a typical user but the max amount of pm's is 65000 so if a few dedicated people really wanted to **** with the system they could send it so many pm's that no more could be accepted. with a thread it doesnt matter how many times someone spams, you can still post more.

still i am trying to think of something to do to at least improve the situation for next time. i have considered soft-deleting the thread so only mods can see it after the month is up but whoever made the dummy accounts this time did it on october 30th so it wouldnt help that

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    hahahahahahaha less sticky ke$ha, i like that. and dude it's starred out, im not even evading the censor. people post worse crap in this thread every day :U

as for the dummy acct, i could do that but there's a few problems:
    1) when it's in a thread, i can see 20 (or more/less depending on how many posts per page) requests at once. if it's a pm, i have to click back and forth out of the pm. that may not sound like that big of a problem but for this month i have about 300 changes to do, and when it's that many it gets to be a pain
    2) people change their mind throughout the month. theres several posts where ive looked at the edit history bc i was bored and saw they changed it. if we had an account to pm they couldnt go back and be like NO JUST KIDDING I WANT TO KEEP MY NAME and i would have potentially wasted my time changing twice
    3) pm space is finite. i could set it up so the account has more space than a typical user but the max amount of pm's is 65000 so if a few dedicated people really wanted to **** with the system they could send it so many pm's that no more could be accepted. with a thread it doesnt matter how many times someone spams, you can still post more.

still i am trying to think of something to do to at least improve the situation for next time. i have considered soft-deleting the thread so only mods can see it after the month is up but whoever made the dummy accounts this time did it on october 30th so it wouldnt help that
    Oh yeah there are way worse, but I'm on this thread so I mentioned it on this thread. Just ignore me.
    #AlphaSapphire

another ownage delivered by those rascals at spp-misc! LOL I'M EDGY

SO BRAVE.jpg

22. Default

Gracias senorita Ellie~

Jeez did the name changes just take effect? I barely recognise half the people on my friends list.
    #AlphaSapphire

The name changes finally happened.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Oh, am I not going to be able to recognize people again? Darn.

EDIT:

"Autis-misc"

You clever dog, you. Seriously, I actually laughed a little.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Page 944 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8448949349409419429439449459469479489549941044 ... LastLast