Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ash Versus the Champion (713)

Hahaha saw the pictures, he actually fell asleep exactly like Garp standing and with the snotball there.

Seems like a pretty fun episode, will watch it later when it becomes "available".

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    He is talking about Gigalith.
    I know he was, but with so much Bouffalant in the episode, I have Gigalith and Bouffalant on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hahaha saw the pictures, he actually fell asleep exactly like Garp standing and with the snotball there.

Seems like a pretty fun episode, will watch it later when it becomes "available".
    Luffy does that too. It would be funny if Ash also did that, I know it would be out of character for Ash since he's battle happy, but it would be like One Piece more. But still, it was a pretty funny episode.

Spoiler:- Luffy and Garp:
    Last edited by playerking; 13th October 2011 at 2:11 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I know, I was comparing old men that is why I meantioned Garp(even though Alder seems 10 years younger then Garp).

Quote Originally Posted by fukamaru View Post
    OMG Trip has Legend Badge >_<
    No he doesn't.

Spoiler:

Well, I'll admit I liked the episode, but like dman stated, it would have been even better if Ash/Cilan/Iris/Trip used a/different Pokemon(for Ash and Iris, anything other then Axew and Pikachu), but oh well, I think Alder is still pretty cool, he also has more personality then past Champions
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Wow alder is a noob he's a champion seriously that's sad a mad gigalith with an actual problem in his leg really?! And I just noticed it has a mouth.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Wow alder is a noob he's a champion seriously that's sad a mad gigalith with an actual problem in his leg really?! And I just noticed it has a mouth.
    Gee, what do you guys want Alder to act like? Some calm old geezer filled with the wisdom of a billion Xatus?
    I think not, I like him as a bro/loser.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Episode looks interesting and funny, mainly funny. Can't wait to watch it.

I'm disappointed Trip didn't battle Alder but oh well.

Looks like there are Anime exclusive badges...not surprised.

Alder seems like an interesting guy...odd...very odd though.

I think I'll enjoy this episode but probably not as much as I thought I would have.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Once again nowhere on the internet, so I looked at the photos. It looks disappointing, to be honest. The battle had no winner, and Trip was pretty pointless. I thought Serperior or Unfezant would premiere, but I guess not.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Hated this episode, absolutely hated it. The battle sucked, somehow Trip has more badges then Ash (worst rivalry ever), Ash used Screenhogachu once again instead of one of his reserves, the entire "Trip meeting Alder" plot was wasted, and it was just plain boring. Also, Alder was a complete jackhole, acting like a jerk to Trip, and FALLING ASLEEP DURING A BATTLE. I feel sorry that Afrobull has to put up with such a fool.

3/10

I'm with Dman on this one, the anime is really going downhill.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    somehow Trip has more badges then Ash (worst rivalry ever)
    Was Gary and Ash's rivalry the worst too then? Considering Gary had more badges.

Ash used Screenhogachu once again instead of one of his reserves
    Seems natural to have Ash's main Pokemon go up against the champion in a 1v1.

the entire "Trip meeting Alder" plot was wasted, and it was just plain boring.
    Not really, it was used to show how disappointed, annoyed and ashamed Trip was of his idol.

Also, Alder was a complete jackhole, acting like a jerk to Trip, and FALLING ASLEEP DURING A BATTLE. I feel sorry that Afrobull has to put up with such a fool.
    That was the whole point of his personality and character, to seem incredibly different to some serious strong trainer.

I'm with Dman on this one, the anime is really going downhill.
    Or maybe, people just can't accept the anime for what it is, instead of complaining about every god damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Once again nowhere on the internet, so I looked at the photos. It looks disappointing, to be honest. The battle had no winner, and Trip was pretty pointless. I thought Serperior or Unfezant would premiere, but I guess not.
    Eh, if you install Keyhole you can watch it at 11am GMT, but it's kinda pixelly and sometimes lags, and also airs at a time where I'm usually at work.
    ....Food poisoning can come in handy sometimes.

Also, I know that the whole "It's a kids show" excuse has been done too many times, but complaining just because Trip didn't debut a new Pokemon and that the anime is truly going downhill sounds like a load of bollocks. Don't we watch this show to be entertained, to see what's going on with Dento and co. (fock Ash) every week and maybe have a few sh!ts n' giggles?
    I wonder if there's a necessity for a thread entitled "What's your idealistic version of the anime?" sometimes, because all I see is people being jelly over how their high expectations haven't been reached.

So, who won and how?
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    So, who won and how?
    Nobody really won.

Alder fell asleep and didn't command Boufallent so it attacked Alder instead.

He fed it an apple as an apology and from there the battle just stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    So, who won and how?
        Spoiler:- Kinda big spoilers.:
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 13th October 2011 at 10:31 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Boy, it was mostly Trip fighting the guy, how disapointing. Darn you writers! Messing me up with the episode title like that.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

It seemed like a waste of episode to me, the only pokemon of Ash's we see happens to be the one seen in the last 712 episodes, you know because we are only intrested in him and not any of ash's ogther pokemon. would it hurt too much to have a few seconds at least, of a shafted reserve?

Why, writers waste another opportunity to show one of the new 8 pokemon you made ash catch and have done nothing with? BORING
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Why does it say on Bulbapedia that Ash lost when clearly Bouffalant stopped the battle midway to have a temper tantrum?

Oh wait, it got edited. Good to see that there's someone intelligent over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Was Gary and Ash's rivalry the worst too then? Considering Gary had more badges.
    Yeah, he even extended the 8 badge limit by winning 10 badges
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    No he doesn't.

Spoiler:
    Nice Spoilers there.

Well I got a chance to watch finally, and let me just say that it was "Alright". It was cool and all but I just think that I got trolled because it was mentioned that Trip battles Alder, I guess it was said that Trip wants to battle Alder. @___@ Even worse is that we see none of Ash's Pokemon except the temper tantrum Pikachu. No Pokemon at all from Shooter as well.:/ I did enjoy the Shooter & Santuro stuff and it makes me curious as to what it will be in the Dub. Seeing that random Gigalith reminding me of the Metagross/Magnezone Episode minus the Magnezone. No memorable BGM's... I am getting a bit ticked hearing the evolution theme all the time. They should have used Alder's battle music since..... you know, Ash battled Alder.

All I am glad for is that we see them passing the damn bridge.... FINALLY! And also I am applauding for a 14 day waiting period..... Awesome.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Spoiler:- Ash's badges:

Spoiler:- Trip's badges:

I don't understand why Trip's badges look different (Insect, Bolt and Quake badges). Does anybody know why?
    Last edited by Zya; 14th October 2011 at 3:55 AM.

Does anyone have a link to the new ending? I heard they changed it to the second part of the old ending.
    Leader Fred

Idea: Pokemon game for Wii that is just like regular series games, meaning gyms and Elite 4 and wild pokemon, maybe with all 649 pokemon in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zya View Post
        Spoiler:- Ash's badges:

Spoiler:- Trip's badges:

I don't understand why Trip's badges look different (Insect, Bolt and Quake badges). Does anybody know why?
    Because the 3 badges that Trip has that look different aren't the Insect, Bolt, or Quake Badges, they are Anime-only badges. I should have expected the writers to pull it off this saga since they always seem to showcase different badges aside from the usual 8 from the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader Fred View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the new ending? I heard they changed it to the second part of the old ending.
    New opening? Oh new ending.... ~____~ No I haven't seen any place that has it.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

This episode was very funny, but I didn't like it much. It was cool to see Gigaiath for the 1st time. Baffuron was very funny in this episode. It was getting very frustrated with Alder when he wouldn't call out orders since he was sleeping instead. Baffuron's reactions were priceless! I couldn't stop laughing at the Gang's and Baffuron's reactions to Alder sleeping and then the Gang's reaction to Baffuron knocking out Alder with Head Charge. Alder was hilarious when he got in trouble with Jenny, and then fell when he tried to jump off when Jenny threatened with handcuffs. Alder definitely didn't act like a champion in the battle against Ash... The battle had to be the worst ever. It was very Brock-like for Alder to be flirting with Joy, and considering his age, it was creepy... Alder lifted Gigaiath up after Gigaiath knocked him out like Baffuron did earlier, to find the problem which ended up being a nail of some sort. Trip became so dissappointed at what Alder had become, and left. It was funny when Alder kept saying his name wrong. Alder gave Baffuron an apple, and ironically became hungry himself right after.

1/100

Ugh you guys always complaining... I just saw the last half of the episode, from where Shooti (or should I say Shutaro, or what was it that Alder called him :'D) dashes off. But what I've read from here, the beginning sounds like pretty goddamn good too! I liked that the battle didn't have a winner, since now they can battle again and the tables are clear. Though I feel kinda bad for Shutaro :/ His dream-champion wasn't the one after all. Well, for him at least.

And I gotta say, Alder truly is the best champion so far. I already liked his design very much and now with the personality the gave him. I'm gonna start fangirling him just like Shutaro used to did! I love how he's not that serious, and his flirting habits and just about everything! Hope he'll appear again, I'll be highly disappointed if doesn't. And did he call Ash 'Santaro?'

Gosh I love that man. And I think it was a great episode (at least the bits I saw), I don't know what you're talking about when you're saying that the anime is going downhills? These last few episodes have been entertaining as what! And so has been the whole season too!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast