Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash Versus the Champion (713)

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The hell!? It has a mouth!?
    Yeah, I was shocked too when I saw the mouth. Although, I discovered it in the Pokedex 3D.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

And now they're on the bridge and they say goodbye to Alder, looks like Alder made a mistake about something.

But the episode ends with them walking along the bridge.

New ending, sort of.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Overall, it was a really nice and funny episode.

I expected to see a battle between Trip and Alder... oh, well...
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

The ending uses another verse!?

New ending was showed

Bah only saw the last two minutes.

Lol so Alder acts like Luffy/Ace/Garp from One Piece? like likes to eat, jokester and falls asleep during stuff haha.

I officially love Alder, Pokemon's Garp.(ofc I still need to watch the episode to know).

Saw the ending lol, new remix and animation Oo.

Did Shooti battle him? and lol at him mispronouncing his name as Shooter :P.

Weird episode if you ask me... It's not a filler of course, but it wasn't really that exciting if you ask me... No Trip new pokemon, Alder just fooling around and weird Gigaith in streets. LOL.
    RandomOne

I think I just watched the best episode of Best Wishes yet. I mean, not a single complaint made about the episode other than the typical complaints about how Ash should be way more experienced than Trip. Don't you think that takes the fun outta the rivalry if Ash curbstomped Trip every time?

EDIT: Don't be a wet blanket, RandomOne.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    A nail in the foot...reminds me of that Tyranitar episode...
    Reminds me of the Bruno episode to be frank...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Guys, where's the preview for the next episode, or was it replaced by that dumb Pikachu special?

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    I think I just watched the best episode of Best Wishes yet. I mean, not a single complaint made about the episode other than the typical complaints about how Ash should be way more experienced than Trip. Don't you think that takes the fun outta the rivalry if Ash curbstomped Trip every time?

Dude, the guy who JUST got his starter, beat Pikachu who is most likely a very high level. Sorry it just doesn't wash. Removing Pikachu's moves in the first episodes was a jerk move. Even if it was done by my favorite legendary in existence.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

I doubt it would be a fun rivalry if he curbsomped him all the time.

Wet blanket? Wow, you're the weirdest.

I can say whatever I want even if it's not your opinion if I am not mistaken, so I didn't like this episode much.
    RandomOne

This episode was plain boring.

It's really hard to like an episode where NO Pokemon show up at all.

Plus dialogue heavy, and even if I understood what they were saying, I still can't like an episode where NO Pokemon show up at all.

Another week goes by and reserve Pokemon get cheated out of screen time again. And we have to deal with a crappy random Pikachu short next week (which I won't be watching). Losing faith in Pokemon fast and quick.

Of the things I "liked":

1. Alder sleeping during the battle.
    2. I kind of liked Gigalith's voice, but the background music made it sound ugly.

If this episode was written by the same person who wrote the Duosion/Beheeyem episode, he can kindly take a permanent vacation. Edit: Of course it isn't, because that would be too easy.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 13th October 2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    Dude, the guy who JUST got his starter, beat Pikachu who is most likely a very high level. Sorry it just doesn't wash. Removing Pikachu's moves in the first episodes was a jerk move. Even if it was done by my favorite legendary in existence.
    That was needed. Do you know what a Rivalry is, well if Trip didn't have the upper hand from the start, it wouldn't of been a very good one. The rival should always be better because it's more of a challenge.

Who cares about Pokemon not appearing and that it was too talkative, even though except from the battle, no Pokemon needed to show up (Although, maybe the Gigalith rampaging bit could of used a Pokemon or two appearing) and it was about them meeting Alder, so who cares if it is talkative.

It was a good episode, nothing much else to say except that I loved Bouffalant and Alder's moments.
    Last edited by playerking; 13th October 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bwahahahaha!

He calls him "Shooter!"
    *Shutaro.

Also, he called Satoshi "Santaro". He has problems remembering names.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOne View Post
    Wet blanket? Wow, you're the weirdest.

I can say whatever I want even if it's not your opinion if I am not mistaken, so I didn't like this episode much.
    Well then, I can say WATEVA I WANT too and so I say, don't be hatin'. Look into your heart and find some sort of affection for this episode, for Alder the Bro and Shooter. If I can find anything at all to complain about, it's that I haven't been trolled like I've been the last 50 something weeks.

Also, Dman, how can you say that no Pokemon showed up at all when clearly I saw a Bouffalant, a Pikachu, a Gigalith, a Herdier, an Axew and a bunch of Deerling and Sandile appeared on-screen, if I ain't mistaken? Either that or I'm going blind.

He meant pokemons of the main cast (without Pikachu and Axew of course). Ash could have send someone to help with the Gigaith thing or Idk.
    RandomOne

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol
    Guys, where's the preview for the next episode, or was it replaced by that dumb Pikachu special?
    The latter.

Also guys, please remember that Episode Discussion threads are just that: threads to discuss the episode mentioned in the title of the topic. Other episodes (if they have no connection to this ep), previews, endings, commercial breaks and connection problems have no place in here :p

I don't quite know what to think of this one. While they've always spammed Unsho Ishizuka as a VA since day one, Best Wishes really seems to take the cake. Since he's the narrator and Professor Oak, we already hear him in every single episode to begin with, but now he even plays the Champion... and said Champion's Pokémon too, if I heard correctly. Not to mention, nearly every "roaring", deep-voiced wild Pokémon that has appeared in the series so far. It's too much, simply. And an incredibly lazy choice, considering they usually make a point of recruiting seldom/never-used VAs for Gym Leaders, Elite Four members and Champions.

Although it's been quite obvious since the Vanillite/Timburr episode... If they ever intend to have Cheren appear in the anime, they'll need to think of an entirely new personality for him because Trip claimed almost all of his crucial game lines verbatim. I didn't care for Cheren that much in the game and thought his main conflict was just a cliché misconception resulting in a cliché lecture, but at least his overall kindness & helpfulness towards the player gave him some charm. In other words, Trip was stripped of the one thing that would've made me care about him in some way. Oh well. I liked that his voice got a little higher and more childishly-excited when he was talking to Alder, though.

Alder himself was pretty entertaining. Some of his jokes were unnecessarily exaggerated (falling asleep standing up, getting names wrong throughout the entire episode), but that seems to be a common thing in childrens' shows. I remember being able to laugh at the same goddamn unfunny thing about 20 times or so. Now I'm old and it's decreased to about 10 times. Noes!
    I wonder whether they'll implement his backstory, a slightly altered version of it... or just continue to have him act like a dork without any particular reason. Even the last option wouldn't be that bad (it's not like the previous Champions were given a backstory), but it'd still be a bit of a shame.

For all the effort the scriptwriter put into the characters (well, Trip is debatable), including Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, the twerps' lines seemed extremely lazy this time. I realize that they had to make them a little more ignorant than usual and act like "being friends with Pokémon is more important than getting stronger" is a whole new concept to them in order to make Alder stand out as the philosopher of the century, but there seemed to be absolutely no distinction between Ash, Cilan and Iris. Their lines were completely interchangable, which is too bad because they should've reacted at least slightly differently to Alder's lecture.

Finally... They sure love this nail-in-the-foot thing, don't they? :D

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    there both 10...
    Please do not make people mention the multiple times they said Ash and Pikachu were together for a year.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

So did Trip loose all his respect for Alder after seeing his battle with Ash?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOne View Post
    He meant pokemons of the main cast (without Pikachu and Axew of course). Ash could have send someone to help with the Gigaith thing or Idk.
    Well after Alder's terrible commitment in the battle and to show off Alder's strength, I think it was fine that Alder took care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I don't think so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I don't think so, no.
    I just thought he did after seeing Trip storm off after Alder got his name wrong. It seemed like he was expecting Alder to be serious during the battle but found him to be a complete joke & decided that staying there any longer "would be a waste of time.":
        Spoiler:- Pics to show what I'm talking about:

The hell!? It has a mouth!?
    Yes, we've known this since the Pokedex 3D has been out.
    I've known that since the promo picture for the Battle Subway in Corocoro:
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upl...ay_artwork.png
    Last edited by Sushi; 13th October 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I don't think Trip lost all respect, he's just annoyed and I think it might be because he didn't get a battle.

That doesn't show Gigalith with a mouth properly, for all we know there's no mouth there, so yeah, ever since the Pokedex 3D did we know that it had a mouth.
    Last edited by playerking; 13th October 2011 at 1:06 PM.

I don't think Trip lost all respect, he's just annoyed and I think it might be because he didn't get a battle.

That doesn't show Bouffalant with a mouth properly, for all we know there's no mouth there, so yeah, ever since the Pokedex 3D did we know that it had a mouth.
    He is talking about Gigalith.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast