Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ash Versus the Champion (713)

Poor Tristan didn't get what he expected from his dead-idol.

I don't know, but I didn't like Alder too much. I still consider Cynthia to be the best champion of the anime series to me.

It's a good episode. It had a lot of funny parts like Alder calling Trip Tristan and Ash Ashton and Alder hitting on Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.

Alder flurting with girls, falling asleep, getting ash and trip's names wrong ... and people call him the champion.

Poision and steel? wow! 2 of the 3 types that unova does not have a specail trainer of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zya View Post
        Spoiler:- Ash's badges:

Spoiler:- Trip's badges:

I don't understand why Trip's badges look different (Insect, Bolt and Quake badges). Does anybody know why?
    anime only badges, those are from three gym leaders besides the 8 in the games. But what towns did trip get them from? and what could be the names for the gym leaders for those gyms?
    Last edited by Sushi; 13th March 2012 at 2:22 AM.

I think that's cool that he got differen badges. It's kind of what Gary had too when he was in Kanto. I'm glad they're mixing it up.

I liked the names Tristan and Ashton that he gave them. Oh Alder you quack! You make me laugh so much!

My ideal battle ever!

I hate alder. He is too hippie for me. I love cynthia by comprison!
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I think that's cool that he got differen badges. It's kind of what Gary had too when he was in Kanto. I'm glad they're mixing it up.

I liked the names Tristan and Ashton that he gave them. Oh Alder you quack! You make me laugh so much!
    It's fitting.

In the original, he calls them Shootaro(Shooti) and Santaro(Satoshi).

A fine episode, though Alder can get silly sometimes. Nice to see Ash, Irsi, and Cilan knowing what to fully pursue when asked by Alder.

Ashton and Triston..... odd choices for the dub...

I actually think they are better than the close choices for the original.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Did anyone notice how Alder has 6 pokeballs around his neck but he still pulls pokeballs from his pocket?

Am I the only one thinking that Alder's flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny seemed a bit Brockish? Also I suspect that Alder calling Trip Triston was possibly a shout out to Yu-Gi-Oh. Funny though, I honestly though Ash's name was supposed to be short for Ashton, I guess not.

Alder is brilliant, he's funny and his last message on Pokemon and people working together as one was fitting, i'd have like to have seen Ash help out and show how he is a more caring trainer in this episode just so he could relate to Alder, but it was still good.

Yes, Trip only wants to get stronger but sooner or later he'll have to realize that being strong isn't enough, just like Alder meant.

I rather enjoyed this episode despite the weirdness I saw in Alder. I also did like the voice Gigalith on account that I felt it actually suited him.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I like how Alder was portrayed in the anime. When he smacked his Buffoulant's backside like that I just broke out in laughter! Also I like how he asked Ash and co. what they plan to do AFTER they become masters it was no suprise that they couldn't answer it. And finally I LOVED it when he mentioned the bond between people and Pokemon (though he didn't mention going BEYOND) That being said this was a great filler! I was waiting so long for someone to finally ask Ash what he planned to do AFTER he became a master! Also judging by Alders philosophy he may just be a Pokephile... Like me! Heh! Heh!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    That being said this was a great filler!
    It was great indeed but this episode wasn't a filler.

Well, the main character of this episode was Alder. Alder is certainly optimistic, never sees the bad side of anything. Even after waking up during the battle (which made me laugh :P), he didn't worry at all, just casually getting on with it. Even though it did end up in a Head Charge to himself, after the battle everything was fine again and the smile was never absent from Alder. This continued throughout the episode and as a final note on Alder, to me he reminded me a lot of Ash's personality. What do you guys think?

Some other things to note is that I think Trip is starting to convince himself that Alder is not what he thought he was. Everytime something doesn't goes Trip's way he thinks back to Alder and he is quickly turning into an enemy of Trip's.

Anyway, enjoyed this episode very much, off to Driftveil City!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

from what i can see...Trip is more and more so resembling Cheren's attitude where winning and being strong are the most important...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that Alder's flirting with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny seemed a bit Brockish? Also I suspect that Alder calling Trip Triston was possibly a shout out to Yu-Gi-Oh. Funny though, I honestly though Ash's name was supposed to be short for Ashton, I guess not.
    I think the writers felt that this would be the perfect episode to have a Brock-like moment, and Alder was the perfect character for them to do it with.

It's nice to have that on a rare occasion.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Not a bad episode just felt like they could've done more with Alder. Do we really need him hitting on Jenny & Joy we've had enough of that with Brock & it makes Alder just come off as the stereotypical dirty old man we see in anime. Also did we really need the overused "lion with thorn stuck in it's paw" to end this episode that just felt like a easy out to show Alder as "caring".
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I just watched this episode today and Alder is awsome! He's like an older version of Brock XD. And plus his character seems interesting and more laid back compared to the other champions.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Great episode.. Hope people caught themessage of strength isn't always what is important.. as shown as alder used strength first against gigalith, then used another stretegy to save the day..pitty ash and company didn't realize this when they asked what he was going to tell them about strength when they just saw it with their own eyes. I'm sure this message went over other's heads too. and before anyone asks. I mean situation where fans talk abotu wanting to strangle ash for leaving his charizard behind,..I mean seriously... have you not learned anything watching this show?

oh and I LOVED the music near the end when alder was telling them about living together with pokemon and such... anyone know what it was called?

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Coolio episode.

Ya know, other than his womanising ways and super-strength, Alder's love of food, sleep, his bond with his pokemon, his view on people and pokemon, and the way he choose to initially deal with Gigalith [through peaceful measures] reminds me alot of what Ash would be like as Champion! o-O xD

Finished watching the dub version, I enjoyed it as much as the original version.

I wonder what would happen if Stephan and Alder met...Alder...could get his name right :O.

Gigalith's dub voice was fine by me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I enjoyed this episode. Alder was great aside from hitting on Officer Jenny. Came off as too desperate there. And hes supposed to be old isnt he?
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Alder was great. He has shown us that a Champion knows how to have a good time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast