Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Ash Versus the Champion (713)

This was a good episode. Trip's beef with Alder was good and his little speech is a good hint at what is to come in the future. The episode felt kinda dull after Alder chatted with Ash and his friends.

Alder was the best part of this episode for me, I thought he was awesome! I liked many of the things he did in the episode - especially flirting with the Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy, falling asleep during battle, and getting attacked by Bouffalant and Gigalith. Also loved how he seemed so forgetful, like how he couldn't remember Ash and Trip's names and kept calling them Ashton and Tristan instead. Overall, I really enjoyed this episode.

Trip ignored Alder here even if Alder didn't believe in Trip's beliefs. This was a similar case with Paul and Cynthia I wonder if this will be a recurring pattern with main rivals.

After seeing the episode in which Bianca confronted Elesa I've been watching the series as the new episodes are aired here (these episodes are new here). This episode came today and I had expected that they would go to the Driftveil Drawbridge so I was positively surprised when they stayed for a while to follow the entertainers and met Alder. Alder is probably one of the most eccentric characters I've seen in Pokémon anime But he was rather awesome - only champion can be like that! I haven't seen Trip before (well, I've seen only 4 episodes so far so...) and I was kinda disappointed that he didn't battle with Alder because I would have liked to see what kind of Pokémon and battling style he had. But oh well, I'll probably see him again anyway if I keep watching the series from now on. Even though this episode was somewhat filler material it included many good scenes and awesome character of Alder so I have to say that I liked the episode.

After seeing this episode it makes me wonder how many seasons will it take for a main rival to achieve their goal.

lol i thought alder was a bum either that or a stoner

I'm guessing Trip already had Serperior by now. There's no way he would have challenged Alder here with only a Servine.

I liked this episode. It's funny when he was mispronouncing Ash and Trip's name.
    Ash and Alder's battle was hilariouse, He got knocked out by his own Bouffalant at the end of the battle. xD
    His filrting with Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy reminded me of Brock.
    Also, It's cool how he stopped the rampaging Gigalith and clamed it down by pulling out the nail off of it's feet.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567