Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glacier Islands Recorded History

Default The Glacier Islands Recorded History

A chain of islands made up of enormous icebergs set deep in the Southern Ocean. The weather is extremely harsh and if you are not careful you could freeze to death in an instant. But the most surprising, and as yet unfounded, story about these glaciers is that there are rumoured reports of a secret area where a mysterious and very strong pokemon resides, sleeping deep within the ice.

Areas:
    Terror Mountain: Sitting in the centre of the Glacier Islands is an iceberg of monolithic proportions known only as Terror Mountain. Many rumours abound of a ghost town set somewhere within its icy ranges but due to the avalanches common to this mountain, no one has ever returned to verify its existence.

The Icy Wastelands: A dry region of little rainfall, extreme temperatures, and sparse vegetation. No sand here, only ice and snow for miles and miles. Not the most ideal place for a holiday but whatever floats your boat. Some pokemon roam these plains but for the most part take the surroundings into their personalities; cold, harsh and deadly...

Glacier City: An oasis in the icy tundra of the Glacier Islands, Glacier City is a technologicaly advanced area covered by a large, insulated dome where many trainers find refuge from the harsh surrounding environment. It has many attractions including Pokemon battle arenas, Pokemon shops and a hotel for weary travellers.

Magnetic Island: A lone glacier, one that continuously sails around the Glacier Islands, never leaving it's course. Mysterious....

Glacier Mines: Set just east of the island chain, a huge glacier, so large that it seemingly never melts, sits sealed to the ocean floor. Enter at your own risk but be sure to bring something warm as it'll get way below freezing as you move further down into the winding tunnels of the icy caverns.

Due to the current shortage of reliable ZA's, this zone will not be opening until there are at least four updators in place and ready to begin posting. While this zone isn’t large in regards to areas, it will be very full seeing as there is a good likelihood of it being filled with all of the Serebii and UPN people. There is likely to be in excess of 50 people to update which is why we are going to need so many updators already in place before it officially opens.

If you wish to apply to be a ZA for this zone please PM either Arnold or myself with a copy of your last four to five updates/replies in any zones you are currently adventuring in either here or at UPN and we will assess your suitability. If you show your competence in regards to replying to an update we will give you several test situations where you update someone. If you can do this successfully we will hire you as a ZA. If the positions are filled before you get in we can either make you an updator at one of the current UPN zones or perhaps even pull a few of the old ones out of storage and revive them at UPN. Otherwise you will be put on a list to take over the position of any current ZA's who either vanish or quit.

Please keep in mind that updating isn't an easy job and if you don't think you have the patience or commitment to stick with it then please don't apply to begin with. We really do need reliable people who are willing to stay for the long-term. The more successful our zones, and the more ZA's we have within them, the more successful FB will become.

This zone will not work according to areas the way the Cloud Garden does. All updatees will be split evenly among all ZA's so that one person is not overloaded with work while another has only two or three people to look after.

Current ZA's in place for this zone are:
    1) ForeverFlygon
    2) Waterlight
    3) P-Arts
    4) Sheer Cold
    5)
    Last edited by enchantress; 12th March 2005 at 10:30 AM.

[size=2]Glacier Islands- ForeverFlygon's Rules

Updatees, you WILL follow these rules or you will be skipped. If you're new to this place, then it's OK if you haven't seen my rules yet, but there's no excuse for not knowing the overall Fizzy Bubbles rules. If you break these rules ONCE, I will give you a WARNING. If you break the same rule AGAIN, you will be skipped in the next set of updates, even if I have written your update. Every time someone gets warned, I will let all the other know, and link to these rules. If the same person breaks another rule, he will be skipped, as he/she have read the rules and breaks them, or not read them even though knowing they exist. And if you blame it on that you haven't read them the second time I warn you, I will skip you for THREE set of updates. I have got a life to, you know.

• Follow the overall FB rules!
    • Reply in Yellow!
    • Quote the Updates! Not the whole update, only your update)
    • Please, make your replies longer than four lines. We spend time on these updates, so please, try to make it good.
    • Do not ask me when I'm ready with the updates! They take time. Or I could rush them, and make them shorter, and half as interesting.
    • Do not tell me what kind of pokemon you like, and do not try to bribe me! Like trading me a rare pokemon to make you encounter one here. I will punish those who do that hard.
    • 2-on-1 fights are NOT fair, so if you try to take the advantage against a helpless foe, I will even the odds, and don't think you will be getting any better rewards by cheating!

These rules may seem harsh, but as all the GI Zone Assistants are new to updating, we must keep order. It's easy for you updatees to help us - read the rules and follow them.
    Last edited by ForeverFlygon; 22nd March 2005 at 10:36 PM.

Okay, Here are my rules:

Waterlight's group rules
    • I shall update twice a week.

• Don't rush me

• Don't hint towards a certain Pokémon

• Post in the colour Blue (The blue I'm typing in)

• Quote your last update. (Not the whole of my post).

• Make your reply at least 4 lines long or the same punishment will occur like the others.

• Make detailed replies.

Please obey the basic FB Rules on top of this, and try and make your replies nice and detailed.

If you break any of these simple rules, I will give you another chance, but if you fail the second time I will stop updating you 'til you can do it right. Although if you do specify what Pokémon you want or you attempt to bribe me I will not give you another chance. You will miss 3 updates, so it's your fault if you find yourself missing out on the FB action.

If I miss anyone out just PM me and I will sort it out for you.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by Waterlight; 12th March 2005 at 2:31 PM.

Mmmk, here's my set of rules:

P-Arts' Rules

Don't ask when the next set of updates will be. That annoys me.
    Don't hint, tell, or do anything that would let me know what type of Pokemon you want.
    Post in Dark Red. If you do not your post will be ignored.
    Do NOT quote my entire update list. If you do it once I will except it and update anyway, but twice and you will be ignored until you post it again in accordance with this rule.

I hate script format, so I'm asking you not to post in it. This is not a rule so you do not HAVE to listen, but please do anyway.
    Last edited by enchantress; 12th March 2005 at 2:24 AM. Reason: Signature Removed

The last to reply here >.>;;. Darn^^.
    Alright:
    ~ Please, I'm not fond of script. If you REALLY love script, and can't stand writing without it, you can, but overall, I'd prefer real responses.
    ~ Astericks. I can tolerate script, but I will NOT accept *throws Poké Ball*. You are to write that you threw the Poké Ball.
    ~ I will accept a minimum of four lines. If your reply falls short of this rule, I will notify you through PM, and give you the chance to fix it before I update.

I'm very patient. If you have made a mistake, I'm willing to postpone an update for a few days if you're willing to fix it.

I'm on Serebii 98% of the time on my computer, and about 65% of the time I'm not in school. If you reply properly, and you reply quickly, I could manage daily updates. I realize not everyone has the leisure time I do, so if you don't reply immediately, I won't get angry or impatient. Take your time, and write right.

I will update in Cyan. The only thing I require through replies is a Quote of mine, and your message to be in Cyan. I will not enforce this rule forcibly. If you forget once, that's fine. But if a fair amount of FBers aren't replying correctly, I will not update until this is rectified.

I don't punish people often. I'm very light on Rules, but that does not mean they don't apply. I will only punish people if they repeatedly ignore my notifications.

So, that's it. Obviously, all FB Rules apply here, which are second nature to most.

Let the Glacier Islands begin!

SC~ out
    Last edited by enchantress; 12th March 2005 at 2:26 AM. Reason: Signature Removed

Ok, the Glacier Islands are now open so post away!

OCC: I shall be the first to venture to the Glacier Islands =O

As Tom arrived at the Ice-cold Glacier Islands he brandished his map with descriptions and read aloud:

"Terror Mountain: Sitting in the centre of the Glacier Islands is an iceberg of monolithic proportions known only as Terror Mountain. Many rumours abound of a ghost town set somewhere within its icy ranges but due to the avalanches common to this mountain, no one has ever returned to verify its existence."

"That sounds exciting" Tom smiled as he released Waterlight, and asked about going there.

"Hyaa!" Staryu shreiked, obviously in agreement with it's Trusty trainer.

"Let's go then guys!" shouted Tom as he approached Terror Mountain.
    Last edited by Waterlight; 12th March 2005 at 12:47 PM.

w00t! Overjoyed by the prospect of finally being able to make a journey on that mysterious contintent know only as SPP, Zora dashes in, trips over a snowdrift, and curses loudly. Shrugging this off, his gaze turns to the icy peaks in the distance. Grabbing a powder green friend ball from his belt, Zora tosses it into the air, as it explodes in a burst of neon light, slowly forming into the giant winged fruit dinosaur known as Tropius. The best lowers its wings as Zora climbs onto its back, and poiting to the peaks he shouts, ordering Tropius to fly onwards towards Terror Mountain!

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

After many hours of travelling, P-Arts looked around to admire the beauty of the Glacier Isles. Everywhere he looked there was white, and he was pretty sure he could see a giant iceberg in the distance. Not sure where to go, he took out a map and looked at the info about areas in this zone.

He was having problems deciding on a zone, since they all looked incredible. In a desparation move, he grabbed a Pokeball from his belt and releases Medo, his Gastly.

"DANG it's cold out here!" Said Medo, taking in his surroundings.

"You don't feel heat, doofus!" Said P-Arts. Not wanting to get in an argument, he quickly showed Medo his map and explained the situation.

"Well that's easy!" Replied the Gastly. "We just head to Glacier Mines, a perfect dark and creepy place for a guy like me!"

"Then why not Terror Mountain? That sounds terrifying to?"

"Shut up,"

"Alright then. To Glacier Mines we go!"
    Quote Originally Posted by sakurauchicha12
    P.P.S- And what gender are you? Gay, Lesbian, Straight or Girl? Cuz' when I
    meet you I'll definitely punch the living daylights out of you.

Walking into the Glacier Islands for the first time, Stephen looks around, taking in the beauty that is all around him. Sighing, he wonders Where should he go? After thinking for a few minutes, he decides to send out his Pokemon, and they could help.

"Go!" Stephen shouts, as he releases two red and white balls, containing his Cyndaquil, and his Spheal. "Long time, no see, huh buddy?" Stephen says to Spheal, who jumps up into his lap. Not wanting to be left out, Cyndaquil does the same, as Stephen pulls out a map of the Glacier Islands. "So, guys, where do you want to go first?" After the two Pokemon look at each other, they nod, and both point to the Magnetic Island. "Great!" Stephen says, and they head off toward the sea...
    TL6 - B+ Ref
    Prehistoric Gym Leader
    Tree Star Badge - Mozz Badge
    57 - 18 - 6
    156 KOs - 376 TP - 1.25 SP

Dang it's freezing out here!
    Lucky I'm a fire pokemon
    Shut up.You need to meet someone.Go,Muddy!
    Hiya.
    A Mudkip?!!
    You like?But let's go to Terror Mountain.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Sheer steps tentatively onto the huge glacier. He smiles widely. Sheer always loved the cold. He thought sadly of Gligar, who was at the moment at the Move Tutor. As soon as Sheer retrieved him, he definitely had to see this! In the meantime, Sheer figured Delibird would probably enjoy this. "Delibird, come on out!" Sheer cries, throwing Delibird's Poké Ball high in the air. Delibird appeared high up in the air, and squawked in surprise at its height. It plummets downward, flapping its wings frantically, trying to stay aloft. It lands on a bank of snow, and looks dazed. Sheer chuckles, and runs over to it, retrieving it and its Poké Ball. "Hope you like the cold, Delibird, 'cause we're going to be here for a long time!" Delibird chirps enthusiastically, and flutters up to Sheer. Its wings pumped hard to keep itself up. It flew to Sheer's shoulder, and perched on it. Sheer stumbled slightly under Delibird's weight, but straightened himself quickly. "Alright, buddy, we're headed to the Glacier Mines!" Sheer said. Although he said this happily, he worried slightly of the temperature down there. He walked across the tundra, smiling as the wind stormed against him.

OOC: I am to assume I won't be updating myself, right?

SC~ out

ROBEATSKEE1 Guest

walking into the cold deserted land of ice RC ask his cydaquil where it wanted to go.

RC: so where would you like to go??Terror Mountain?the Icy Wastelands?Glacier City?Magnetic Island?or the glacier mines?

: hmm. do you know which is the coldest place out of all??

RC: im not sure but glacier mines might be cold..

: okay then lets go there!

http://206.51.231.151/showthread.php...780#post997780 (fizzy bubbles info)
    Last edited by !すげい!; 13th March 2005 at 1:35 AM. Reason: removing sig.

Gamer C Guest

Shivering in the frigid, freezing, icy, coldness of the Glacier Islands, Gamer C walks forward, trying to think of a way to get a source of warmth while doing so. He unclips a Pokeball from his belt and tosses it out onto the icy ground to reveal a Chikorita. He shivers, and turns to his trainer. "Why the heck did you have to bring me out here? It's freezing cold out here when I could have been snug and warm in my own Pokeball!"

"Well, I'd thought that it would take my mind of the cold if I brought you out to complain." Gamer C responds smugly "Actually, I was thinking of where to go. You can decide, since I'm not sure."

A few seconds pass, and then Chuck says, "Gl-lacier Ci-city..."

"What did you say? Terror Mountain? Okay then." Gamer C hikes slowly up the path leading to the looming form of Terror Mountains, while Chuck scampers alongside him, yelling ocmplaints and protests, which are unfortunately drowned out by a the groans and moans of a strong wind blowing throughout the area.

Catherine shivered as she looked down at the map she held in her hands. SHe had just bought a bunch of snow gear for this trip. Even some stuff for her pokemon. Not knowing where to go Catherine took two pokeballs off her belt and pressed the white bouton on them. With a flash of light a Pusle named Plus and a Spoink named Athrun apeared by her sides. Catherine knew that her just hatch Spoink only knew Splash so would be useless to battle with but might make a great travel companion. Catherine then took off her backpack and took two coats out that would fit her pokemon. She then put it on them.

"Now that were all bundled up where do you guys want to go?" Catherine asked her two pokemon.

Both pokemon talked about it for a few moments then Plus pointed to the Icy Wastlands. Catherine could not beleive it of all the places her pokemon wanted to go it was an ice version of a Desert.

"Alright if that is where you guys want to go fine with me." Catherine said with a sigh. And with that Catherine walked down the path to the Icy Wastlands with Plus walking on one side of her and Athrun bouncing on the other.

As Ben walks through the frozen wastland, he marvles at the sheer vastness of the place.After a while of walking, he decides to let out one of his pokemon for company. He searches his pockets, finding many odds and ends, till he finalley finds the right pokeball.

"I've got to get myself a bandolier," he mutters to himself as he opens the pokeball, releasing Posidon(lvl.16 (m) marstomp).

"well Posidon, where should we go?" asks Ben

He takes out a map and kneels by posidon so he can choose where to go.Posidon skims the map, then places his paw on the Glacier mines.

"alright,"Ben says,wondering how to keep warm, then remembering magby,"Lets go to the Glacier mines."
    FB
    [masque][dyrim][atlas][leilanii][gog][hannah]
    [100][50][63][52][56][26]
    |||||

|||||
    [38][34][16][05][21][30]
    [sigfried][bellatrix][maduin][heimdal][yoatl][adam]

Teal Guest

Getting bored of waiting for the looooong updates over at UPN's cloud Garden, Teal makes a trek over to SPP's Glacier Islands.

Sighing, Teal starts talking to herself, "Brr sure is different here...."

Getting slightly bored, Teal reaches into her bag and takes out two pokeballs, releasing Pheobe and her on-loan Slowpoke. THe two stare blankly at her, as if she had no sense in deciding to come here from that nice garden.

"Where should we venture?" asks Teal in a nice voice, hoping to regain a little confidence from her pokemon. The slowpoke then points with his tail to a sign, and clearly to the words labeled The Icy Wastelands.

"You sure about that, Slowpoke?" asks Teal.

"Slooooowwwwwwwwppppooookkkkkeeeee...."

And the three venture off, shivering as they go.

DS and Pincer(his scyther) were going to terror mountain.

DS: This map must be wrong. After many hours of travelling, no signs of a ghost town.

Pincer glared at his trainer.

DS: Don´t look at me like that!. The ghost town is only a rumor but i believe it is real. Now, let´s find it.

Pincer growled loud. He was frosting.

DS: Don´t cry! If you do loud noises, you can produce an avalanche!
    FC: 5472-6388-5146
    Safari Type: Bug
    Pokémon: Masquerain, Ledyba, Vivillon

Crunching through the snow on their way to the icy, forbidding plains of the Icy Wastelands, MG and his Pokemon soon come to a dead stop, the cold overtaking them for a few seconds as they try to catch their breath. Warming themselves up, MG and Sneasel continue to traverse these, waiting for what adventure this uninviting land holds...

Shivering from the cold, MG looks at Sneasel, saying to the demonic ice creature, "You know Nyx, if we can't find anything... perhaps we could Dig something up. Eh?"

Eon walks into the snowy, mountainous island. Looking around, he sees a large, clear dome in the distance that seems to have some sort of city in it. Recognizing the dome as Glacier City and figuring that would be the best place to start his journey, he releases his Growlithe and Sneasel onto the snowy plain. "I know the snow's going to be pretty harsh, but Inferno, I need you to burn through the snow if it gets to thick, and Sneasel, you're half ice so you should be more comfortable in these parts. You ready to start are journey?" Both Pokemon grinned in anticipation as they started down the path to the city of ice.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PC | Registration | Cable Club

Rekkuza Guest

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Terror Mountain: Sitting in the centre of the Glacier Islands is an iceberg of monolithic proportions known only as Terror Mountain. Many rumours abound of a ghost town set somewhere within its icy ranges but due to the avalanches common to this mountain, no one has ever returned to verify its existence.
    Rekkuza waited nervously and patiently at the same time as the water plane came closer to Terror Mountain. Rek got closer, and his spirits got higher. The plane began its decent into the freezing-cold water that surrounds the iceberg. The plane hit with a spray of water. Luckily Rek was inside or he would be frozen in an instant. Rek was wearing Under Armour with 3 different shirts. Which, amazingly, Rek was able to move around alright.

The plane came to the edge of the Iceberg and then came to a stop. Rek opened the door, which required a good amount of energy to prop open. Rekkuza opened it, and stepped on the freezing snow. Rek reached onto his belt, and with difficulty, pulled a pokeball off. It expanded it and tossed it in front of him, being sure to not waste any more energy than needed. Anima, Rek's Gastly, came out. He did not mind the climate at all, seeing as how he cannot feel or breathe. The two looked up at the towering mountain of ice, sleet, and snow. He dicided to head up it, but with great caution...as if he made a bad move, it could be the last one Rek made.

OOC: I didn't know which color to post in since I don't know which updator I have. Once I find out, I will do it their way with their rules.

Okay peeps, here's my first set of updates. If you are included in this group, I must ask you to follow my rules.

ZoraJolteon - You decide to head for Terror Mountain, and hop onto your Tropius for a ride, thinking it's comfortablier flying than walking. Howewer, in the air, you begin to feel the real chill of this place. You cling tighter to Tropius, hoping that he would feel warmer. And it seems as if you did it in the last moment! You are very surprised as a beam of ice go wheezing right past Tropius left wing. You look down on the ground, and see a group of people, no, two groups of people. In the middle of one group, there is a Poliwrath, and it's looking fiercly at Tropius, whom is looking back with hate in it's eyes. A boy in the second group then calls out a Nidorino, seemingly to battle. What will you do?

Sheer Cold - Making your way towards the Glacier Mines, you realise something. You have no idea where they are. You are about to go mad when, as if by fate, you spot a man walking in the wastelands as well. You try to catch up with him, but the oncoming storm makes it difficult. After what seemed like an hour, you and Delibird finally confront the man.
    [i]"What are you a fine young boy, doing out here in this dangerous place on your own?" He asks you, and you hear a bit of sadness in his voice. What will you do?

Teal - You begin your trek in the Icy Wastelands, al though you are a bit unsure of Slowpoke's desicion. Even though you, at the moment think of Slowpoke as brave, your thoughts of him change, as you see a Machamp and a gioant Steelix fighting.
    They haven't seemed to notice you- yet. What will you do?

MetalGardevoir - You decide to venture off into the Icy Wastelands, and into a place of endless snow. Which you get to know as you push yourself through endless snow, and snow, and some more snow. Believing there is no more to see after walking in hours, you tell Nyx to Dig to find something. Just as you turn around, you stumble and fall backwards, right into the cold snow.
    Nyx, wondering what happend,walk over to you to takr a closer look, and begins to laugh at your luck. Suddenly, you get a creepy feeling in our neck. You jump up, and still sitting on your neck is a Swinub. Looks like the little bugger is scrounging for food. What will you do...?

ZoraJolteon - You decide to head for Terror Mountain, and hop onto your Tropius for a ride, thinking it's comfortablier flying than walking. Howewer, in the air, you begin to feel the real chill of this place. You cling tighter to Tropius, hoping that he would feel warmer. And it seems as if you did it in the last moment! You are very surprised as a beam of ice go wheezing right past Tropius left wing. You look down on the ground, and see a group of people, no, two groups of people. In the middle of one group, there is a Poliwrath, and it's looking fiercly at Tropius, whom is looking back with hate in it's eyes. A boy in the second group then calls out a Nidorino, seemingly to battle. What will you do?

Right, Tropius, if they want a battle, they've got a loss on thier hands. Hit the ground with your Whirlwind attack to whip up a snowstorm! Use the cover to put me down on the ground, then swoop back up and strike Poliwrath off guard with a Stomp! Follow it up with your Razor Leaf attack! Pineco, come on out! I'm relying on you to help take out that Nidorino. Wait to see what it doesn, then if it uses a physical attack strike back with Counter, if it uses a Special Attack, defend yourself with a Protecting wall, then Take Nidorino Down!

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Okay here are my updates, and before you reply, please may you take the time to read my rules on the first page.

Shiny_ Magneton: Deciding to go to the mysterious Magnetic Island, you head to the coast of the area, observing the surroundings as you do so. You can spot the glacier in the distance, slowly floating around the Island.

You see a Young Girl and a Sunkern in an old dilapidated wooden boat, ready to set off. You can see no other way to the Island, and the girl appears to be heading there in the boat. The boat doesn’t seem the safest method of transport, but the Girl turns towards you and smiles at you warmly.

“Hello. What do you want?” The girl questions, in a sweet, melodic tone.

What shall you do?

Latias10: As you enter the plains of Ice and snow, you suddenly feel how extreme the temperatures drop in the Icy Wastelands. You shiver and trudge on, even with the snow equipment it’s hard going. With only your 5 Pokémon and the icy winds as company you look around to find nothing around you but snow. Miles and miles of snow, surrounding every direction. The cold deters you so much you nearly go back but a Snowmobile driving towards you stops you. Above the Snowmobile is what appears to be a bird of some description. What shall you do?

Rekkuza: As you approach the terrifying Terror Mountain you shiver at the rumours of this towering peak. Along with Anima, you travel forth, shivering as sheets of thick snow fell.

On a Rock a few metres away there is a Man, wearing denim Jeans and a black T-Shirt commanding a Orange Snail, which is also known as Magcargo. As you get closer you can see it targeting a small Wingull, which is firing weak Water-gun attacks down. The Man turns to you.

“Get away this minute! This Wingull deserves to suffer after harming my Wife!” The Man bellowed as he points to a Woman laying hurt on the ground.

He seems to be over-doing his attack on the bird. What shall you do?

Radical Edward: As you arrive at the huge Glacier you look around, unable to see an entrance for the mines. You see a young boy run into a small cavern, seeming to know where he was going. This may be the entrance to the mines, but you have your reservations for going down there. What shall you do?
    Last edited by Waterlight; 12th March 2005 at 5:26 PM.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast