@ Wide Lens
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Flare Blitz
    - Brave Bird
    - Stone Edge

The Wide Lens are there to increase the shaky accuracy of Stone Edge and to prevent frequent crashing with Hi Jump Kick, this guy hits anything crazy hard for (almost always) super-effective damage, and although he dies fast because of recoil Brave Bird+Flare Blitz, he can take half of the enemy team down with him in that time. If the first enemy Pokémon isn't a Counter he'll punch holes the size of the Soviet Union once he gets impossible to outrun, his only problem is a bit of Struggling while dealing with Chandelure because Brave Bird never OHKOs and if the Chand. carries Psychic it destroys him.

@ Dragon Gem
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf

Great coverage, kinda bulky and can wall-break with Dragon Gem-boosted Dragon Pulse, this Pokémon can switch safely into most powerful attacks directed at the rest of the team and fire back with neutral STAB or incredible super-effective coverage; the downside is that this Hydreigon is all about prediction because he'll die if i switch into a fairly powerful Fighting attack or he'll take a huge hit from a Conkeldurr's Mach Punch and he won't strike first on the next turn, Accelgor and Occa berry Escavalier also own him with Bug Buzz and Megahorn.

@ Rocky Helmet
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
    Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP/129 Def/129 Sp.Def
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    - Spikes
    - Protect

Ferrothorn switchs into most attacks that pose a threat to Blaziken and instantly Leech Seeds to start protecting and racking up layers of Spikes; many Pokémon will fear physically damaging Ferrothorn because of Iron Barbs, and once they are Brave enough they'll realize that every contact attack makes them lose 25% health wirh Rocky Helmet; he can stall entire team to death if annoying fire Pokémon are out of the way. His only downside is the lack of recovery outside of Leech Seed.

@ Chople Berry
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    Moxie
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Dragon Dance
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch

I hadn't used this Scrafty in a long time but after a few battles i see that it still works; after one Dragon Dance he outspeeds most bulky attackers and after two he outspeeds pretty much everything without a Choice Scarf, some people consider other moves rather than Ice Punch, but i seriously need a counter to x4 weak dragons and i'm not using my Scarflluxe on this team, with the Chople berry he always survives fighting moves to have one Dragon Dance and start to sweep with Hi Jump Kick.

@ Leftovers/Red Card
    Quiet Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Spe)
    Telepathy
    EVs: 252 HP/129 Def/129 Sp.Def
    - Psychic
    - Reflect
    - Hypnosis
    - Moonlight

Musharna is a great support option, she can set Reflect either for herself or for the rest of the team (Blaziken really enjoys being able survive physical neutral moves); Hypnosis for Dark and Ghost types, Moonlight to heal off damage along with Leftovers recovery and Psychic for a strong STAB attack that makes use of Musharna's great Sp.Atk. Should i consider Red Card to surprise Pokémon that want to set up on Musharna shamelessly?

@ Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball
    - Psychic

A Pokémon that can switch in to most attacks (Including Trolly Hi Jump Kicks), has amazing coverage, a gigantic Sp.Atk and amazing STABs? Yes please. With the Choice Specs equipped Chandelure can basically OHKO anything with neutral Fire Blast and if they resist it, Chandelure has moves that do the trick instead with super-effective coverage; although i may consider switching Specs for Life Orb because his coverage ends with a single KO.
        Spoiler:- LF:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Blaziken is Uber.

Also, replace Musharna with Reuniclus. Musharna is only good in the VGCs and whatnot.

I'll give a full rate later.

Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

And Reuniclus...i see everyone using him, could you tell me any actual advantages over Musharna?
        Spoiler:- LF:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by D-idara View Post
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

And Reuniclus...i see everyone using him, could you tell me any actual advantages over Musharna?
    actually according 2 smogon and serebii blaziken w/ speed boost is Uber and quite frankly i thnk if u used it wisely u cud pown. eitha usin a baton passer or n all out attkn set w/ protect 2 stall 4 speed boost. also i thnk tht insted of musharna u shud use cress. unlike magikarprules who told u 2 use reuniclus i hav logical reasons. i also agree w/ u abt reuniclus bein used waaaaay 2 much. anyways cress has betta stats and can wall the cr*p outta anythn. it also has the amazin lunar dance wich cn b manipulated quite well

unless you are battling someone who doesn't give a f*ck about smogon and tiers, no one is going to be willing to battle you with blaziken on your team. Soon as they see Blaziken with speed boost they are gonna disconnect or rage quit.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by morningsun View Post
    actually according 2 smogon and serebii blaziken w/ speed boost is Uber and quite frankly i thnk if u used it wisely u cud pown. eitha usin a baton passer or n all out attkn set w/ protect 2 stall 4 speed boost. also i thnk tht insted of musharna u shud use cress. unlike magikarprules who told u 2 use reuniclus i hav logical reasons. i also agree w/ u abt reuniclus bein used waaaaay 2 much. anyways cress has betta stats and can wall the cr*p outta anythn. it also has the amazin lunar dance wich cn b manipulated quite well
    Pfft. Cresselia can be used if Tyranitar, Gengar, Blisseys, Toxic in general, prediction, and all good players are eliminated. Reuniclus can adapt to many different team styles and be a powerful threat. Plus, how am I supposed to take you seriously when you censored 'crap'?

Also, D-idara, Reuniclus has a far better movepool and an excellent typing. Musharna can be compared to a biplane, and Reu a jet enjine.

Yes. Reniclus > sharna. Also, Y U no have drain punch scrafty?

Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

Quote Originally Posted by Throhlurk View Post
    Yes. Reniclus > sharna. Also, Y U no have drain punch scrafty?
    HJK is better lol

Anyway, what are you gonna do about Terrakion and Dragonite?

Also Blaziken is uber LOL
    Last edited by lucario44444444; 15th October 2011 at 4:11 AM.

Hey there, this is an okay team you have here, but you have some bad weaknesses to Groudon, Kyogre, Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, Mewtwo, Garchomp, Giratina-O, Manaphy, Excadrill, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Deoxys-A.

In order to fix these problems I highly suggest that you drop Blaziken for any OU pokemon since Blaziken is Uber

!

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Hey there, this is an okay team you have here, but you have some bad weaknesses to Groudon, Kyogre, Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, Mewtwo, Garchomp, Giratina-O, Manaphy, Excadrill, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Deoxys-A.

In order to fix these problems I highly suggest that you drop Blaziken for any OU pokemon since Blaziken is Uber

!
    this is exactly what i wanted to say, but i couldnt find the words

get this man a cookie

my own comments:i like how a "veteran" doesn't respect teir lists. badass.

so metal

lol this "veteran" also thought taunt was a cheap move and that monotypes are good....

Blaziken's uber but if you use Blaze I'm sure some people will let you get away with it. I heavily stress some.

Musharna isn't that great. If you want a good support option, go with Espeon who has dual screens, Magic Bounce, and Wish.

Give Scrafty Leftovers, replace Ice Punch for Substitute, and put the Attack EVs into Speed (keep Adamant nature).

Give Hydreigon a Life Orb, replace Dragon Pulse for Draco Meteor, and replace Flamethrower for Fire Blast.

I recommend trying out a Substitute Pain Split strategy on Chandelure.

Overall, your team's awful.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

You can't argue that Blaziken isn't uber, there's solid proof that it is right here.

At any rate, I suggest you replace Blaziken with Mienshao, as it plays a similar role.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    Trait: Regenerator
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -U-Turn
    -Hidden Power [Ice]
    -Fake Out

Also, Reuniclus greatly outclasses Musharna, so use that. On an offensive team such as this one, TR Rank seems like the best option.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
    Quiet Nature [0 Speed IVs]
    Trait: Magic Guard
    -Trick Room
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psyshock/Psychic
    -Focus Blast

Finally, I think T-Wave over Protect on Ferrothorn would help out your sweepers a bit more, as it cripples powerful threats that switch into Ferro and put Focus Blast over Surf on Hydreigon, you can't afford to lack it.

Not a terrable team overall, but the blaziken is really gonna hurt you, by forcing this team to play in ubers. Try infernape for a similer, but OU choice.

I HAVE CLAIMED GULPIN!

Blaziken is Ubers on Smogon, but he isn't Ubers on Pokemon Online Server.

Replace Spikes with Stealth Rock on Ferro. Because he's not good Spikes user, because someone can OHKO or 2HKO it.
    Last edited by Rezzuréct; 15th October 2011 at 6:02 AM.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by D-idara View Post
    Blaziken was deemed Uber because of it's extreme offensive potential in OU. That's why he's Uber. A Pokemon's performance in Ubers has nothing to do with its tiering, and even then Blaziken is actually pretty good in Ubers. Don't diss him if you don't know what you're talking about.

Magic Guard, for one. And Recover, which is far more reliable than Moonlight. And more power. But seriously, I don't think there should be any question after Magic Guard.

On to your team. As some people have mentioned, Blaziken is Uber. Let me say that again. Blaziken is Uber. Okay, I'll stop torturing you with that now. Perhaps the best raw replacement for Blaziken in OU is Infernape, as has been mentioned. Try this physical mixed set, which performs a similar function to your current Blaziken set.

Infernape@Life Orb
    Naive
    Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpA
    Moves:
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Mach Punch
    -Overheat

A similar physical sweeper to Blaziken with good coverage in its own right. Overheat is mainly there for Skarmory and maybe Ferrothorn and friends. I'm sure you'll find Mach Punch useful at time, but U-Turn is a viable option over it. I personally don't like the stacking damage of entry hazards and Life Orb, though.

Hydreigon looks fine, just go with Life Orb or Choice Specs over the Dragon Gem. Either provides more net damage over time than the Dragon Gem easily. Besides, if you want to fake a Choice item, Expert Belt is generally a better option.

Ferrothorn really appreciates a defense boosting nature, so go with Sassy or Relaxed there, depending on whether you prefer physical or special defensiveness. As far as the defensive EVs go...well, I'm too lazy to go through that. The rest of the set is alright, although I'd personally go with Leftovers.

Scrafty wants a Life Orb for that extra power. It's also going to want a Jolly nature, since a Pokemon with so little speed as it has is going to want to be as fast as possible.

Replace Musharna with Magic Bounce Espeon. There are a number of sets that would fit over Musharna that you could use. It can set up Dual Screens, pass Wishes, block hazards and status and stuff with Magic Bounce, and even Baton Pass if you need it to, so it's a far better supporter.

Chandelure is alright, but go with HP Ground or HP Fighting over Psychic, mainly to handle things like Heatran and Tyranitar. Unless this is a Wi-Fi team and you can't get good Hidden Powers, in which case I guess Psychic is alright.

Just a quick scan rate. Hope this helps! ^_^

@TheSuperZekrom: Ferrothorn is one of the best Spikes users in the game, and he's got a Protect/Leech Seed set, perhaps the variant with the best survivability. Spikes is fine.

When I say some, I mean very few.

Is it just me, or is usually the terrible teams that get the most replies?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Stop with the spam. Seriously. If he wants to use Blaziken, HE CAN. Nintendo Wifi and Pokemon Battle Center both allow Speed Boost Blaziken.

Instead of posting crap post something helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    When I say some, I mean very few.

Is it just me, or is usually the terrible teams that get the most replies?
    Terrible teams = a lot of problems = a lot of corrections = a lot of replies. Need me to draw a picture?

Even if you can get away with blaziken you're doing it wrong. You need protect in there to get a free speed boost. Drop Brave Bird, Blaziken does not get STAB on it and it has redundant coverage alongside flare blitz, with grass and bug types already being taken care of. Brave Bird only hits fighting types super effectively, and only a little harder than high jump kick(which has no backlash either). Protect allows you to sweep near everything. PROTECT!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Instead of posting crap post something helpful.
    I tried.

If you're going to play this team on something that allows Speed Boost Blaziken, then try out this set.

Blaziken@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Swords Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Stone Edge

This is pretty much the reason Blaziken was banned in Smogon OU. Swords Dance makes it ridiculously strong, and Speed Boost enables it to escape revenge killing via Choice Scarf by some Pokemon after one turn, and by most after two. Protect could also fit, but I like Stone Edge for a better hit on Pokemon like Chandelure and Jellicent.

Hope this helps too! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I tried.

If you're going to play this team on something that allows Speed Boost Blaziken, then try out this set.

Blaziken@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Swords Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Stone Edge

This is pretty much the reason Blaziken was banned in Smogon OU. Swords Dance makes it ridiculously strong, and Speed Boost enables it to escape revenge killing via Choice Scarf by some Pokemon after one turn, and by most after two. Protect could also fit, but I like Stone Edge for a better hit on Pokemon like Chandelure and Jellicent.

Hope this helps too! ^_^
    hone claws>>>>swords dance.

Hone claws boosts his accuracy from that horrible hi jump kick recoil and stone miss's awful accuracy
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I tried.
    lol, I meant everyone else.

well another thing to add to my sig. What Bh said mis true from he using it in wifi, but if he's doing autumn friendly, he has toi say bye to him. If going PO, espeon can do musharna's job better. Infernape would be better at abusing scrrens, and makes your team ou and able to do something.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    hone claws>>>>swords dance.

Hone claws boosts his accuracy from that horrible hi jump kick recoil and stone miss's awful accuracy
    If you're that worried about the accuracy, use Wide Lens. SD + Wide Lens still gets more power than HC + LO, and it still fixes accuracy nearly as well. Besides, HC doesn't have near the destructive power as SD, and I think you'll find the sheer power of SD + LO more than enough to compensate for the occasional miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    lol, I meant everyone else.
    I know. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast