Thread: Batle of the Pacific (NU/RU pokemon VS. OU Rain team)

Default Batle of the Pacific (NU/RU pokemon VS. OU Rain team)

Philippines VS. American War (Double battle Pokemon Style) battling it out for Philippines as part of the global territory.

See the unsung battle here

Enough about history ...

Just recently, I am taking my semi competitive competitive team for another fun in the new double battle function of Pokemon Online (not the VGC kind). But on one unexpected encounter, the worst happens to me. That one opponent I have to face ... has a bundle of strategic pokemon that plays a devastating role in the Realm of Double Battles. The worst of all, 3 of them are from OU, one of them is NU, the other 2 are from UU. It really was a grim situation to my team not based on a specific teamwork like my opponent does.

An Emphasis. My opponent's strategy is more common and better than my less planned team of my favorites. So my opponent has a better chance to win against me. I see him who's more experienced than I do myself.

Thus, the battle for Pacific began in the form of a Pokemon Battle.

Philippines (my team coded as jirehtheprovider)
    Walrein / Cinccino / Ampharos / Serperior / Gardevoir / Camerupt
    Versus

America (opponent's team named zapfire)
    Jirachi / Samurott / Terrakion / Whimsicott / Thundurus-T/ Tornadus

Team Profile:
        Spoiler:- read the team:

On the first set, I brought out Ampharos (paralysis purpose) and Camerupt (to set up stealth rocks). Then My opponent brought up Whimsicott and Terrakion. In my mind, I'm like swearing that I'll lose in an instant since there's the Tailwind/ Beat up + Rock Slide strategy that will KILL US ALL!

Turn 1:

zapfire withdrew Terrakion!

zapfire sent out Thundurus-Therian!

The foe's Whimsicott used Stun Spore!

Camerupt is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Ampharos used Thunder Wave!

The foe's Thundurus-Therian restored HP using its Volt Absorb!

Camerupt used Lava Plume!

Ampharos lost 18% of its health!

Ampharos was burned!

It's super effective! The foe's Whimsicott lost 61% of its health!

The foe's Whimsicott was burned!

The foe's Thundurus-Therian lost 31% of its health!

The foe's Whimsicott restored HP using its Leftovers!
    This turn was rather a twisty one. I wanted to paralyze terrakion. But what never came to my mind was thundurus which absorbed my T-wave. My opponent got my idea of slowing down terrakion. So after whimsy paralyzed my camerupt [not like I need him to be quick], I used Lava plume on everyone except camerupt. I'm like "facepalm. I should have had heat wave." But as Ampharos was hit, she got burned which gave Whimsy no chance to cripple Ampharos when I did it myself.

Turn 2:

zapfire withdrew Whimsicott!

zapfire sent out Samurott!

The foe's Thundurus-Therian used Nasty Plot!

The foe's Thundurus-Therian's Special Attack sharply rose!

Ampharos used Hidden Power!

It's super effective! The foe's Thundurus-Therian lost 53% of its health!

Camerupt used Lava Plume!

Ampharos lost 19% of its health!

It's not very effective... The foe's Samurott lost 12% of its health!

The foe's Thundurus-Therian lost 15% of its health!

The foe's Thundurus-Therian fainted!
    I knew what to do at this point the moment I saw thundurus. I went an all out attack targeting thundurus. Using my HP Ice and Lava Plume, I KO'd him. But Samurott took Whimsy's place. But that switch gave me a new type of plan. I want camerupt to induce a burn to the upcoming pokemon. Too bad it didn't happen.

Turn 3:
    Camerupt, come back!

Go! Walrein!

The foe's Tornadus used Rain Dance!

It started to rain!

The foe's Samurott used Swords Dance!

The foe's Samurott's Attack sharply rose!

Ampharos used Thunderbolt!

It's super effective! The foe's Samurott lost 76% of its health!

The foe's Samurott restored HP using its Leftovers!

Ampharos restored HP using its Leftovers!

Ampharos was hurt by its burn!
    I was a bit dazed to see a tank-ish Samurott. Normally, I'd let Camerupt take the upcoming hit. but I somehow want him to face Whimsicott and Jirachi later on. Which Is why I brought my Walrein. At first, I thought Tornadus would be the Bulk up acrobatics kind. How wrong am I, they are setting up the rain and Samurott managed to beef up. All I could do was Thunderbolt Samurott since I saw the swords dance, something in my mind screams that "samurott and Tornadus were Zapfore's central pokemon"

Turn 4:

The foe's Samurott used Aqua Jet!

Ampharos lost 44% of its health!

Ampharos fainted!

The foe's Tornadus used Hidden Power!

It's super effective! Walrein lost 40% of its health!

The foe's Tornadus lost some of its HP!

Walrein used Toxic!

The foe's Tornadus was badly poisoned!

Walrein restored HP using its Leftovers!

The foe's Tornadus was hurt by poison!

Go! Serperior!
    This turn was "Oh god it's now against my favor". That hidden power from tornadus is a special sweeper. All I did to Walrein was to use toxic on Tornadus since samurott had his health down. I thought that static will activate when aqua jet KO'ed Ampharos. It didn't again. I felt that my plan was rather wrecked since I fear Terrakion and Jirachi greatly in the rain. Only my Cinccino can out speed many of them. But I noticed that Tornadus has life orb which reduces his durability. My new plan was TO HOLD THE LINE until TORNADUS DIES from Toxic.

Turn 5:

It's not very effective... Walrein lost 28% of its health!

The foe's Tornadus used Hurricane!

It's super effective! Serperior lost 100% of its health!

Serperior fainted!

Walrein used Frost Breath!

Walrein's attack missed!

Walrein restored HP using its Leftovers!

Go! Cinccino!
    I was thinking at first that Tornadus is slower than serperior. But I forgot that my Serperior is NOT 252 no speed. Not even the defensive EV's I gave her helped her survive the hurricane. I tried revenge killing it with frost breath. But no. It missed. But tornadus is close to fainting. Just have to hold on a little more. This is when I brought out MY CENTER POKEMON! Cinccino herself.

Turn 6:

Cinccino lost 86% of its health!

Cinccino used Bullet Seed!
    It's super effective! The foe's Samurott lost 13% of its health!
    It's super effective! The foe's Samurott lost 12% of its health!
    It's super effective! The foe's Samurott lost 11% of its health!
    Hit 3 time(s)!

The foe's Samurott fainted!

The foe's Tornadus used Hurricane!

Walrein lost 45% of its health!

Walrein fainted!

zapfire sent out Terrakion!

Go! Camerupt!
    This moment was rather the critical moment of them all. My first thought was that Both Tornadus and Samurott fear my Cinccino. I knew that thought but I thought they want her out first by ganging her up. Seems not to be the case because Samurott's Swords Danced Aqua jet IN THE RAIN did NOT KO HER surprisingly, and she defeated the bigger warrior with bullet seed. I was thinking that walrein can bravely take a hurricane and retaliate with frost breath. Oh how wrong I was. Should have used protect.

Turn 7:

Cinccino used Bullet Seed!

It's super effective! The foe's Terrakion lost 15% of its health!
    It's super effective! The foe's Terrakion lost 17% of its health!
    It's super effective! The foe's Terrakion lost 17% of its health!
    A critical hit! It's super effective! The foe's Terrakion lost 33% of its health!
    It's super effective! The foe's Terrakion lost 16% of its health!
    Hit 5 time(s)!

The foe's Tornadus used Icy Wind!

The foe's Tornadus's attack missed!

Camerupt lost 18% of its health!

Camerupt's Speed fell!

The foe's Terrakion used Rock Slide!

Cinccino lost 14% of its health!

Camerupt lost 37% of its health!

Cinccino fainted!

Camerupt flinched!

The rain stopped.

The foe's Terrakion restored HP using its Leftovers!

Camerupt restored HP using its Leftovers!

The foe's Tornadus fainted!

Go! Gardevoir!

zapfire sent out Jirachi!
    In this part was the worst case scenario for me. After tornadus died from poison (who used Icy wind against both of us but missed Cinccino surprisingly) and my Cinccino Nearly KO'd Terrakion (I wanted Terrakion to be flinched by the King's Rock gimmick that I gave to Cinccino), my tun becomes a 2 vs 3 battle . I'm at a huge disadvantage here. Whimsicott may be the one who'll defeat us or Terrakion and Jirachi can go Spartan against my Gardevoir and Paralyzed Camerupt.

Turn 8:

The foe's Terrakion used Zen Headbutt!

Camerupt lost 32% of its health!

The foe's Jirachi used Doom Desire!

The foe's Jirachi chose Doom Desire as its destiny!

Gardevoir used Psychic!

It's super effective! The foe's Terrakion lost 7% of its health!

The foe's Terrakion fainted!

Camerupt used Earth Power!

A critical hit! It's super effective! The foe's Jirachi lost 100% of its health!

The foe's Jirachi fainted!

Camerupt restored HP using its Leftovers!

zapfire sent out Whimsicott!
    This is the very turn that I made a very very risky choice. I need Camerupt to attack Jirachi with Earth Power Or else Gardevoir will struggle on her own againt my favorite legendary pokemon. I decided to push my luck to the highest. that turn was a gamble that can turn the tables for me.

I figured that Terrakion will deal with Camerupt so I dealt him with Gardevoir and KO him. But what startled me is Terrakion using Zen Headbutt on Terrakion. Now I know he is taking Iron Head Jirachi's role. My opponent has a Jirachi that use DOOM DESIRE. Something tells me she (Jirachi) is a stall type and let doom desire kill her opponents.

So I KO'd Terrakion with Psychic from Gardevoir. Then Camerupt used Earth Power [gladly he did not get flinched from the Zen Headbutt] on Jirachi. But IT CRITICALLY HITS JIRACHI AND ONE HIT KO'S HER! I'm like so rejoiced that my gamble has paid off. Keep in mind my Camerupt has no SP. Attack EVs, it only has a modest nature to hit something hard

So all that's left on the battlefield would be Gardevoir and Camerupt Versus Whimsicott

Turn 9:

The foe's Whimsicott used Leech Seed!

Gardevoir was seeded!

Gardevoir used Psychic!

The foe's Whimsicott lost 33% of its health!

The foe's Whimsicott fainted!

jirehtheprovider won the battle!

Ladder updating...
    jirehtheprovider's rating: 1470 → 1558
    (+88 for winning)
    zapfire's rating: 1536 → 1526
    (-10 for losing)
    You know what happens at this turn. but WOW!

I crushed a powerful strategy with my less prepared team! i never expected to win this kind of Fight with a team of NU and RU Pokemon. I never even thought that its possible. Oh My Gosh! what a glorious day to me and my pokemon. We just won one of many IMPOSSIBLE BATTLES. This is personally, one of my hardest battles in my life
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 10th March 2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Good job I had a similar battle versing giratina groundon rayquasa and terrakion I had serpirior samurott tyranitar and volcarona

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post

I crushed a powerful strategy with my less prepared team! i never expected to win this kind of Fight with a team of NU and RU Pokemon. I never even thought that its possible. Oh My Gosh! what a glorious day to me and my pokemon. We just won one of many IMPOSSIBLE BATTLES. This is personally, one of my hardest battles in my life
    Dude, your opponent was using Doom Desire Jirachi. Let's not get full of ourselves here.

As for the battle, the presentation was pretty good. I get the feeling your opponent was rather new, and maybe didn't have much experience outside OU because he seemed to have no idea how to deal with your Pokemon. Also he used some pretty meh strategies (like the aforementioned Doom Desire Jirachi), but then again your entire team was NU/RU so it was a pretty fair battle. Nice win nonetheless.

Also, I have no idea how you expect Gardevoir to counter Jirachi, especially as it's 2HKO'd by Iron Head. So, in other words, when your opponent runs a standard Jirachi and not some gimmicky POS it won't work.
    If the dark is just a thought, then the light is in your mind
    The lies we tell ourselves ruin the world with time
    Did you feel the way I felt?
    Did you kneel the way I knelt?
    Or did you look up and stare, waiting for your acts of prayer?
    Oh, won't you listen to reason?

10 hour ear orgasm, courtesy of Gamefreak

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Dude, your opponent was using Doom Desire Jirachi. Let's not get full of ourselves here.

As for the battle, the presentation was pretty good. I get the feeling your opponent was rather new, and maybe didn't have much experience outside OU because he seemed to have no idea how to deal with your Pokemon. Also he used some pretty meh strategies (like the aforementioned Doom Desire Jirachi), but then again your entire team was NU/RU so it was a pretty fair battle. Nice win nonetheless.

Also, I have no idea how you expect Gardevoir to counter Jirachi, especially as it's 2HKO'd by Iron Head. So, in other words, when your opponent runs a standard Jirachi and not some gimmicky POS it won't work.
    I know that too. Even I find it odd as to find a Doom desire Jirachi. Back then, I thought that my oppoonent's Jirachi was a Special defensive variant used against Tornadus Therian when he's still OU before the banning. Even I know Gardevoir has no chance against her (the legendary wish maker) at all. So surprised

Like... this sort of set.
    252 HP and SP. Def, 4 Sp. Attack.
    -Thunder
    -Wish
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)