Thread: Scolipede Discussion :P

Smile Scolipede Discussion :P

SCOLIPEDE
    Scolipede. One of the most beastly pokemon of the 5th generation. He can set up hazards, baton pass, and even sweep. Now you may think he is outclassed by other sweepers, but, he has a very important 112 base speed. This allows him to outrun practically every useful pokemon in OU. My favorite set, SD, packs tons of power. With a STAB megahorn, he wrecks teams. Setting up spikes/t-spikes is also very easy with his base speed. He has 2 quad resistances to fighting and grass, which are very useful. He does have a weakness to stealth rock though. Despite this, he is a great pokemon to use in both UU and OU. I won't keep you waiting any longer with my boring rabble, so, here ya goes!
    STATS:

HP: 60
    Attack: 90
    Defense: 89
    Sp. attack: 55
    Sp. defense: 69
    Speed: 112

Swords Dance Sweeper

Scolipede@life orb
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
    Ability: Swarm

1. Swords Dance
    2. Megahorn
    3. Earthquake
    4. Rock Slide

Now, this set is meant to make a good switch, SD, then sweep. Megahorn pack 180 base power with stab. This can destroy teams. Earthquake and Rock Slide help take care of the resistances. Swarm powers up Megahorn when under 1/3, which is extremely useful. Only a few pokemon can reliably counter all moves on this set. The most namely being gliscor. I like this set the best and find it very useful.

The Lead:

Scolipede@Focus Sash
    EV's: 252 speed 252 attack
    Ability: Swarm/Poison Point

1. Toxic Spikes
    2. Spikes
    3. Megahorn
    4. Earthquake/Substitute

Scolipede can also be an effective lead who is speedy and can set up 2 entry hazards. Megahorn is STAB, EQ helps cover others. Substitute blocks status and helps set up. Toxic Spikes can be used for a stallish team, Spikes for one with a lot of switches. He is a great all purpose lead who can set up and do damage.

Baton Pass

Scolipede@Focus Sash
    EV's: 252 speed and either hp or attack, whichever one you want
    Ability: Swarm/Poison Point

1. Swords Dance/Agility/Iron Defense/Substitute
    2. Swords Dance/Agility/Iron Defense/Substitute
    3. Baton Pass
    4. Megahorn

Probably not his best set, but it can be pretty effective. The choice is yours for what boosting move you want. Baton pass to pass the boosts. Megahorn is so he isn't taunt bait. Either ability could work, though poison point can be nice to inflict an annoying status on walls.

Well, that's about it, hope you liked it

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Surprised no one commented...

Scoliopede is a good lead-off with dual spikes and a megahorn STAB. Add that with Swarm and megahorn and it's a deadly combo against darks and psychics, to say the least. Plus the typing does help against fighters (although most of them carry rock slide, which will pretty much crush Scolipede in one blow.)

As far as dual bug/poisons go, this is probably as best as you can get, even though the three sets above are pretty much all yo can do. The lack of a movepool is something that cripples Scolipede even more, but what it does, it does well.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

^Yea, his biggest asset is stat distribution. His movepool provides just enough and nothing more. Lol, this thread went about 24 hours without being posted on. I almost bumped it.

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

You can thank Kaiser for me seeing it, to be honest. The list he made for all the individual pokemon threads is very helpful.

Although there is one experimental set I can think of.

Scolipede @ Leftovers
    Ability: Poison Point
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
    EV: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpD
    -x-Scissor/Megahorn
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance/Iron Defense/Agility
    - Baton Pass

It's a modified Baton Passing set that relies on substitute to soak a hit, boost a swords dance or two, then baton pass it to something for the sweep. It can work wonders in conjunction with slower or weaker pokemon, giving Scolipede enough defense to at least survive a hit. Lastly I put X-Scissor because it is more reliable than megahorn, and since this is a more defensive set the goal is to take a hit or two and not go down, not attack the opponent needlessly.

But spiking is still probably the best use.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

^mabye, but why only 130 speed ev's?

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    ^mabye, but why only 130 speed ev's?
    its Special Defense...

It's natural speed pretty much gives it a leg up on most in the RU tier anyway, so with the nature I believe at level 100 it would be a max of 286, which is pretty damn good. With the spread the defenses and HP would baloon to 324/246/206 respectively.

Last, that should say 128, my bad :P.
    The Journey (Rated R)

^Oh, well, you always want 252 in speed for him.

Probably, I haven't tested it yet, but like I said a possible experimental set.
    The Journey (Rated R)

Where's lead dance?

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
    252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
    Jolly/Swarm
    -Swords Dance
    -Megahorn
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

Becoming increasingly better what with the lack of weather in OU due to Exca's ban. Sun has become the dominant weather and this set deals with that. You've just got to know your Chlorophyll sweepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    Where's lead dance?

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
    252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
    Jolly/Swarm
    -Swords Dance
    -Megahorn
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

Becoming increasingly better what with the lack of weather in OU due to Exca's ban. Sun has become the dominant weather and this set deals with that. You've just got to know your Chlorophyll sweepers.
    He already posted an almost exact same set. In fact, the only difference is the item.

But for the lead set posted, I would put 252 Hp and 4 Attack or Defense, and replace Megahorn with Substitute. Same with the BP set.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    He already posted an almost exact same set. In fact, the only difference is the item.

But for the lead set posted, I would put 252 Hp and 4 Attack or Defense, and replace Megahorn with Substitute. Same with the BP set.
    Well... The item is the sets boon and he didn't use it in the right context...

^I wouldn't replace Megahorn with substitute. Getting taunted isn't fun. Megahorn is pretty powerful and can destroy taunters. I will add substitute as an option for b-pass and lead.

When the leichi berry gets released...
    Scolipede@Leichi Berry
    Swarm/Jolly
    252att/252spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Megahorn
    -Earthquake

I late-game sweeper that could even work in OU with the proper support. Swords Dance, Substitute, and Leichi berry work together to give it massive attack. While it's HP is at 25% from unlocking the leichi berry, swarm gets unlocked to, bringing megahorn's power to 270 power. Along with it's stat boost, it's more powerful then non-stabbed explosion was in gen 4.

Scolipede is one of my favorite 5th gen designs, but could really use better typing. His worst enemy is skarmory, who will phaze it or OHKO with brave bird. Unless using a lead set or the set I posted, you will probably want rapid spin support.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

It has a niche that it can lay Spikes and Toxic Spikes. It can also absorb Toxic Spikes itself. It has a great STAB in Megahorn to nail LO Spinner Starmie, Latios, and Latias with.

Other than that, I would rather use Deoxys S. Tentacruel is very common and can absorb Toxic Spikes, but otherwise having the option to Toxic Spikes is a very powerful option to soften certain defensive cores. Slowbro + Blissey come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    Where's lead dance?

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
    252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
    Jolly/Swarm
    -Swords Dance
    -Megahorn
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

This is the only set i've ever seen that works on scolipede.
    If you want to use it for spikes and etc. Drapion would be the better choice.

I saw people on RTM saying he is the most horrible pokemon lol with 112 speed and 90 I wouldn't say bad even in OU he is faster than terrakion and (maybe) can switch to a choice band set locked on close combat and revenge kill it.
    I don't understand what's so wrong about his typing defensively it is a good typing... offensively you can use none stab moves so... poison/bug is not that bad (flying/bug is worse...) it gets rock slide and earthquake .

Another cool thing about Scolipede is that he can hit the Magic Guard users very hard who will try to reflect your hazards. Other spikers just can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I saw people on RTM saying he is the most horrible pokemon lol with 112 speed and 90 I wouldn't say bad even in OU he is faster than terrakion and (maybe) can switch to a choice band set locked on close combat and revenge kill it.
    It takes Close Combat very well, but I'm sure it wouldn't like switching into Stone Edge any time soon, even from an unboosted Terrakion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    Another cool thing about Scolipede is that he can hit the Magic Guard users very hard who will try to reflect your hazards. Other spikers just can't do that.
    Magic Bounce, but yeah, I don't think Espeon or Xatu would like facing up to this thing.

I like Scolipede. Awesome design, great move options, and excellent speed. If it had a little more power, say Base 100 Atk, that'd be awesome. It really could use more bulk too, since it takes hits best from the physical side and even then it's only decent. Still, in the lower tiers it makes a fantastic offensive Spikes/Toxic Spikes user and SD sweeper, and I'm sure it can hold its own in OU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I like Scolipede. Awesome design, great move options, and excellent speed. If it had a little more power, say Base 100 Atk, that'd be awesome. It really could use more bulk too, since it takes hits best from the physical side and even then it's only decent. Still, in the lower tiers it makes a fantastic offensive Spikes/Toxic Spikes user and SD sweeper, and I'm sure it can hold its own in OU as well.
    Ya pretty much summed up Scolipede right there.

Well, he's gettin better.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    You're not bringing people with poor grammar to concentration camps and gassing them, are you?

Spoiler:- Misc. Pokemon things:

I really like Scolipede he's another good addition to the ever pathetic bug type. His lead set is really great as Game pointed out he threatens things that might try to reflect his hazards and thanks to great speed he can usually get down 2 layers reliably which is sometimes all you need to win. I don't particularly like his sweeping sets because I feel like he's not hitting hard enough and he doesn't have the coverage to really do work like others. As a bug type sweeper he's pretty much outclassed by Scizor who is stronger and has priority or even Heracross who can just spam powerhouse attacks to beat stuff.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

It feels like we are praising it the same way someone would praise Infernape....

Anyway, It's good, I've used it, and the set I've posted before works pretty well in DW OU, but if you must use it, give a teammate to handle air balloons heatran, skarmory, scizor, and ferrothorn. Heatran OHKOs, Skarmory OHKOs with brave bird, Scizor will through a bullet punch in it's face, and Scarfers will revenge kill it with ease.
    As a bug type sweeper he's pretty much outclassed by Scizor who is stronger and has priority or even Heracross who can just spam powerhouse attacks to beat stuff.
    Well, scizor does outclass it, but I'm not certain about Heracross...It doesn't have the speed. It works well with a moxiescarf set though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.