Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Excadrill is gone, now what?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Btw, Haxorus isn't banned, or even a suspect. This is mainly due to the fact that it's speed stat is just a few stats short of the (previously) golden mark of 100, leaving him outsped by a number of Pokemon in that area, as well as Hydreigon. That, combined with its lack of strong bulk, makes it easier to keep Haxorus at bay, although it still has the power to bust holes in teams.
    Even if he had good speed his frailness is still an issue with priority moves like Bullet Punch, something which Excadrill can handle.
    I am a roleplayer. I have fun hanging out in the RP section of the forums. If you have a problem with that then I invite you to dance forever.

Haxorus' Attack and Speed are comparable to Rayquaza's. Unlike the emerald dragon, Haxorus can't run mixed offences nor does it have good defences to back it up. None the less, I still think its access to Mold Breaker, X-Scissor, and Dual Chop are giant pluses it has over Rayquaza balancing it out.

Speaking of defences, maybe I'll try running my Haxorus with Drifblim and Espeon.

On topic, Baton Pass might be the one to get the boot next. Again, Espeon without Baton Pass is a nerf, not a ban.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I like Haxy, he can outspeed most things and if you get a couple DD's up after eliminating threats he sh*** on people. I have a log of me sweeping a guy at the end of the game with it giving me a narrow 1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

And Excadrill's ability to set up on Chansey as he pleased.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Exactly. It's mainly the combination of all of it's assets, combined with the fact that it's hard to counter.

Btw, Haxorus isn't banned, or even a suspect. This is mainly due to the fact that it's speed stat is just a few stats short of the (previously) golden mark of 100, leaving him outsped by a number of Pokemon in that area, as well as Hydreigon. That, combined with its lack of strong bulk, makes it easier to keep Haxorus at bay, although it still has the power to bust holes in teams.
    So what is the new golden mark? 110?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    So what is the new golden mark? 110?
    I would say anywhere from 108 up is considered fast enough.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

It could have been a major problem but they should have banned Sand rush Excadrill and speed boost Blaziken not an all out ban. It would have been better.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    It could have been a major problem but they should have banned Sand rush Excadrill and speed boost Blaziken not an all out ban. It would have been better.
    I was actually on your side of your argument in early 5th gen, but I've changed my mind since then.

It would be too complicated, and the line has to be drawn somewhere. If that happened, people would start wanting sky-form shaymin and darkrai in OU, just without seed flare and dark void. After that, people would want certain pokemon to be banned if they didn't have certain moves, like Groudon/Kyogre only allowed with moves with 60 base power or under. After that...it'll just be too complicated.

And that line I mentioned? It was drawn at "simple bans". A pokemon is banned, or it isn't. No exceptions.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    It overcentralized the metagame. When making a team, it made you wonder, "Does Excadrill sweep this team?" and it forced you to run Gliscor or Skarmory, or get swept.
    Not really. Any other weather breaks it down, and most Choice Scarf pokemon can outspeed it.
    It is hard to kill, true, but not impossible.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Not really. Any other weather breaks it down, and most Choice Scarf pokemon can outspeed it.
    It is hard to kill, true, but not impossible.
    False. Sand Rush offers +2 speed, while a Scarf only offers +1. Which meant that pretty much the only thing that could beat it with a Scarf was Deoxys-S.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    False. Sand Rush offers +2 speed, while a Scarf only offers +1. Which meant that pretty much the only thing that could beat it with a Scarf was Deoxys-S.
    Excadrill in sand caps out at 604 so yeah :P

I always had Gliscor handy for it. Latios usually took a hit then KO'd with Surf for me and I tried to DD on mons before that thing got sent out to kill me.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

tbh i miss exca, but the banning of him, thundurus, and deoxys s has made the meta alot healthier, and has(for the most part) stopped overcentralizing. The banning of these guys has allowed countless more pokes to b viable again, and makes teams alot more unique, rather than the cookie cutter sand team

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Quote Originally Posted by dragonuser View Post
    tbh i miss exca, but the banning of him, thundurus, and deoxys s has made the meta alot healthier, and has(for the most part) stopped overcentralizing. The banning of these guys has allowed countless more pokes to b viable again, and makes teams alot more unique, rather than the cookie cutter sand team
    Yeah ever since these recent bans have came, I've seen many more mons sneak onto the ladder, and it's more fun IMO

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I was actually on your side of your argument in early 5th gen, but I've changed my mind since then.

It would be too complicated, and the line has to be drawn somewhere. If that happened, people would start wanting sky-form shaymin and darkrai in OU, just without seed flare and dark void. After that, people would want certain pokemon to be banned if they didn't have certain moves, like Groudon/Kyogre only allowed with moves with 60 base power or under. After that...it'll just be too complicated.

And that line I mentioned? It was drawn at "simple bans". A pokemon is banned, or it isn't. No exceptions.
    My point was to only limit the bann to specific abilities broken that make certian pokemon broken but to allow those abilities(with the exception of moody) to be legal in Ubers only(in any case groundon with only 60 base power moves is still groundon same with Kyogre and with stab water pulse that would have 135 power which still hurts.)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    My point was to only limit the bann to specific abilities broken that make certian pokemon broken but to allow those abilities(with the exception of moody) to be legal in Ubers only(in any case groundon with only 60 base power moves is still groundon same with Kyogre and with stab water pulse that would have 135 power which still hurts.)
    The general rule of thumb is that if one Pokemon asset is inherently broken (like Moody), you ban the asset. If it's just one or a small few Pokemon that make the asset broken (like Sand Rush Excadrill and Speed Boost Blaziken), you ban the Pokemon. It's the easiest way to avoid extensive banning and complex bans.

I don't miss exadril at all. I hated having to have either skarm or gliscor or my team. Conkelderp is a no b/c its too slow and gets beaten alot b/c of it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011