Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Excadrill is gone, now what?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    Are you just ranting in this thread? I mean seriously, what are you hoping to be discussed here, how much we'll miss him or something?
    He's not ranting, he's bringing up an extremely relevant point that less competent players fail to see. No need to act like a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    Who else has players who even come close? If you can't make the voting requirements, don't bash on the players
    Let me know when i'm bashing players when I say that it is highly debatable smogon has the best battlers in the world. It is impossible to quantify such a thing at all. Nothing against to the players, i'm sure they are excellent battlers in their own right, but to say they are the best is impossible when the best can be anyone.

But this is off topic. You kind of hit the nail on the head for me Cometk. Thank you for understanding.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Quote Originally Posted by LinksOcarina View Post
    Let me know when i'm bashing players when I say that it is highly debatable smogon has the best battlers in the world. It is impossible to quantify such a thing at all. Nothing against to the players, i'm sure they are excellent battlers in their own right, but to say they are the best is impossible when the best can be anyone.

But this is off topic. You kind of hit the nail on the head for me Cometk. Thank you for understanding.
    It's not debatable at all when everyone in this thread is refuting you and we follow their tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by LinksOcarina View Post

The person who won Worlds in the VGC is from Smogon. He won it two years in a row. Also, while things may remain static LinksOcarina, that doesn't mean that usage wouldn't be moved a little bit.

That pokemon may still have most of its role, but loses one of its major selling points for using it in the tier. To counter or check Excadrill for example. It is like how they banned Latias and Salamence in gen 4, then people started using F/W/G teams instead of steel/dragon.

Some things may remain static, but some things may increase or dwindle in usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    Ok, avoid one of my posts, that's whatever. Avoid the entire topic, yeah you're approaching tinfoil hat status. The topic of this thread was to guage what people think will happen to the OU metagame without Excadrill. Do you think heavy offense will be harder to overcome? Do you think usage in Ninetales will spike?

Read the motherfucking original post.
    Oh I read it all right, and it doesn't seem too productive. Us players simply choose another Pokemon in place of Excadrill, it's not a hard concept.

Oh I read it all right, and it doesn't seem too productive. Us players simply choose another Pokemon in place of Excadrill, it's not a hard concept.
    I've already proven to you that Sandslash is trash, stop trying to be a hipster. And besides, it's not like this thread is about you using Sandslash and how it's going to effect the metagame, it's about how Excadrill leaving it did.

...except that there's no Pokemon that can truly replace Excadrill.

Besides, people finding a "replacement" for Excadrill isn't the only possible outcome of his ban. There's a lot of other concepts to discuss, a couple of which Comet pointed out in that post you quoted.

I've already proven to you that Sandslash is trash, stop trying to be a hipster. And besides, it's not like this thread is about you using Sandslash and how it's going to effect the metagame, it's how Excadrill leaving it did.
    Well apparently we have to deal with what we get then. Bringing cussing and name-calling into this is really unacceptable. If Pokemon brings you rage I'm leaving.

Wink

Are you trying to be a troll, or are you that ****ing stupid? You can't replace excadrill, that's how good he was. What're you gonna use stoutland? sandslash? Get real, this discussion is for players who want to discuss how excadrill's ban will have an effect on the metagame. Cause guess what? Its gonna be pretty ****ing big. Honestly if you're gonna post in here get a clue and stop making useless posts.

As for the actual discussion, sun has already seen a huge increase in usage being the only weather left with a double speed ability. Sand will still be plenty viable just won't have the raw power and usage that it had when Exca was playing in OU. I also think scarfers usage is gonna go up, they were still viable with Exca, but now there's more that get a chance to shine.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Now that Excadrill is gone, i can properly sweep with Weepinbell in sun (wary)
    though, it sucks

^ Literally

I welcome the banning of Excadrill.

He had a nice reign, time to switch up the metagame.

Well apparently we have to deal with what we get then.
    You're playing in a competitive environment, your mindset should be "what Pokémon can I use that will give me the best chance at winning," not "well this Pokémon sucks, but I'll use it anyway."

Bringing cussing and name-calling into this is really unacceptable. If Pokemon brings you rage I'm leaving.
    Oh no, it's not Pokémon that makes me angry, it's users like you who come into a thread, make a completely incoherent post, then act cocky as all hell when I point out to you you're wrong.

I don't think there is a perfect replacement for any of the banned pokemon. That is why they are banned. It is like how Landorus doesn't perfectly replace Garchomp, because they are different. To fix your teams, you have to re-invent the wheel.

Guys, quit the fighting and bashing in this thread by the way. Keep the debate a little cooler.

Oh no, it's not Pokémon that makes me angry, it's users like you who come into a thread, make a completely incoherent post, then act cocky as all hell when I point out to you you're wrong.
    Funny thing, I came into here wondering why you were so cocky.

You're playing in a competitive environment, your mindset should be "what Pokémon can I use that will give me the best chance at winning," not "well this Pokémon sucks, but I'll use it anyway."
    All I'm saying is that we obviously have to use another Pokemon besides Excadrill .

Yeah, Excadrill and Sandslash are like Garchomp and Flygon: completely different roles that mean the later can't replace the former.

I have claimed Giratina

Funny thing, I came into here wondering why you were so cocky.
    Cocky vs. Cocky, you sure you wanna go?

All I'm saying is that we obviously have to use another Pokemon besides Excadrill.
    No we don't. Instead of trying to make Excadrill being banned, we could use the playstyle that has made a resurgence in viability since said Pokémon was banned.

Cocky vs. Cocky, you sure you wanna go?
    I'm not even trying to be cocky here when I ask what the hell are you going to do to me.

I'm not in the mood to do this crap, so if you'd like to argue about actual Pokemon stuff then good.

[QUOTE=Cometk;13600319]Both Sableye and Whimsicott are shit[QUOTE]

How is Whimsicott shit? I always checked Excadrill with its stun powder anyway. It can also easily beat the mole 1 on 1 if it is behind a sub or comes into Sword Dance or Earthquake and Encore it.

Edit: Oops, this is a bit late isn't it... lol

I'm not even trying to be cocky here when I ask what the hell are you going to do to me.

I'm not in the mood to do this crap, so if you'd like to argue about actual Pokemon stuff then good.
    What are you and Cometk arguing about?
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Either be productive, or leave this thread. Comet has for the most part presented intelligent arguments, but all you have done is bash them without any sort of good counter argument. Sorry, but Sandslash and the dog-thing will nor replace Excadrill. Even if they can sorta fill similar roles they won't be used NEARLY as much and thus won't effect the metagame much even if they are in some way usable.

Stop with the crap, now.

See nothing is going to replace Excadrill, it's impossible to do so.

And I think that is the point, we should actually expect sand teams and sand rush/stream to go down now that one of their big guns has been removed. But, like I said, i still honestly feel nothing will change personally except some usage statistics and maybe a jump or two from some of the UU crowd.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

did someone say cock?
    anyway, I like him gone, and im sad he is gone, and im angry he is gone, and im happy he is gone.... i have a big rush of emotions when i think of excadrill.... ohh well, i guess with no excadrill, the toed will take a bigger shine

Interested in Animé Style Battling? Read our Getting Started thread. Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread. Say hello in our Time Out thread!

Excadrill banned???? How did I not know this? Aw but I lOve that pokemon why does it have to be banned? oh well just shows u how good it is I guess. But did it have to come after I think about making a sand team? Dangit
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by evan0913

How is Whimsicott shit?I always checked Excadrill with its stun powder anyway. It can also easily beat the mole 1 on 1 if it is behind a sub or comes into Sword Dance or Earthquake and Encore it.

Edit: Oops, this is a bit late isn't it... lol
    Whimsicott isn't good at all and while it can check Excadrill with a 75% accurate move, it's pretty much shut down by Grass Types/Anything with Leech Seed and has poor stats.

Sand was always inferior in terms of weather abusing sweepers. Now that all remains are stoutland and landorus. Stoutland, as cool as it is, is simply not going to function all that well in OU. Landorus is ok, but to prevent him being outsped and OHKO'd with any ice move, he'll need to be scarved. So, an increase in the usage of scarved landorus, but a decrease in sand usage in general.

Shame, sand was my favourite kind of team
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast