Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Metagame Pokemon

Ok i know it's not out yet and it's already been said (badly if i may say) but DW ditto with CHOICE SCARF the greatest revenge killer EVER!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Darquese View Post
    Ok i know it's not out yet and it's already been said (badly if i may say) but DW ditto with CHOICE SCARF the greatest revenge killer EVER!!!.
    Not the greatest, what if you are fighting a wall, or an enemy choice scarfer, or something behind a sub? On top of which, an enemy will know what moves you have and predict which one you will use, and swap a pokemon that can take it. Let's say that you have it transform into DD gyrados, and they swap in Ferrothorn to absorb you stone edge.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Not the greatest, what if you are fighting a wall, or an enemy choice scarfer, or something behind a sub? On top of which, an enemy will know what moves you have and predict which one you will use, and swap a pokemon that can take it. Let's say that you have it transform into DD gyrados, and they swap in Ferrothorn to absorb you stone edge.
    Salac Berry too.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Salac Berry too.
    Salac is unreleased, just so you know.

^Same thing with DW ditto. They are both allowed in DW OU though.

In doubles and triples, Terrakion and Whimiscott. Totally anti-metagame with Beat Up and STAB Rock Slide

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

SD Landorus.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    In doubles and triples, Terrakion and Whimiscott. Totally anti-metagame with Beat Up and STAB Rock Slide
    They're the Excadril and T-tar of doubles...Just a little worse. If smogon ever made a complicated ban, I would want this to be one of them(though they never make double battle bans either).

Its not anti-metagame when its the most common strategy. Pack a Mach Puncher, or use Trick Room. Its not that hard to stop if you have a team built with Terracotta in mind.

^Though I've only fought them twice in the Autumn friendly so far......

Azumarill, her usage fell after SB Blaziken was banned, and not many people see this thing coming nowadays. Azumarill can check Excadrill (pre-ban), Volcarona, and Scarf Terrakion, just to name a few. However, she needs tremendous team support, and requires a lot of predictions that have cost me the game at times. Neverthelss, I still love this aqua rabbit.

That's not anti-metagame. That is basically one of the Drizzle + Swift Swims of double/triple.

The others are Slacking/Regigigas + Skill Swap (Archeops doesn't count because it's very frail and it's ability only hurts it at half health), and Blizzard Spam + Snow Warning.

I've found that Weavile can be pretty anti-meta in OU, where a lot teams have no physical wall other than Gliscor. It can OHKO Starmie, Celebi, Virizion, and most dragons. While Thundurus was OU, it was a great counter, and it still works great against Tornadus as long as it doesn't use Tailwind first.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    I've found that Weavile can be pretty anti-meta in OU, where a lot teams have no physical wall other than Gliscor. It can OHKO Starmie, Celebi, Virizion, and most dragons. While Thundurus was OU, it was a great counter, and it still works great against Tornadus as long as it doesn't use Tailwind first.
    I'm Weavile's #1 hater but I have to admit that its a decent SD sweeper.

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
    Swords Dance
    Ice Shard
    Night Slash
    Low Kick

vs..

Tyranitar: Low Kick OHKOs and Scarftar is slower.
    Rotom W: Takes 69.1% - 81.6% from +2 Night Slash.
    Scizor: Decimates Weavile, though Low Kick does 39.1% - 46.1%.
    Ferrothorn: +2 Low Kick easily OHKOs.
    Dragonite: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs even through multiscale.
    Politoed: Specs and sp def are OHKOed while some scarfers are outrun.
    Gliscor: OHKOed by +2 Ice Shard no matter what.
    Heatran: OHKOed by Low Kick after Stealth Rock, outruns Modest Scarf.
    Jirachi: Sp def takes 69.3% - 81.7% from +2 Night Slash.
    Latios: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs as does +0 Night Slash.
    Skarmory: Beats you senseless unless you run Ice Punch, which 2HKOs at +2.
    Reuniclus: OHKOed by +2 Night Slash.
    Deoxys S: OHKOed by Night Slash, takes 72.2% - 85.1% from +2 Ice Shard.
    Haxorus: OHKOed by +2 Ice Shard.
    Ninetales: +2 Night Slash OHKOs 252 HP tales.
    Conkledurr: yeah, no chance here unless its at around 45%, in which case +2 Shard KOs.
    Celebi: +2 Night Slash OHKOs.
    Forretress: +2 Low Kick 2HKOs so you win unless it runs Gyro Ball.
    Terrakion: Low Kick OHKOs.
    Gyarados: +1 Night Slash OHKOs after Stealth Rocks.
    Gengar: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs after Stealth Rocks.
    Starmie: Night Slash easily OHKOs.
    Landorus: +0 Ice Shard OHKOs.
    Jellicent: +2 Night Slash OHKOs.
    Infernape: +2 Low Kick OHKOs, just be careful of Mach Punch.
    Volcarona: +2 Night Slash OHKOs.
    Tentacruel: Only max / max Tentacruel can survive +2 Night Slash after Stealth Rocks and it doesn't even OHKO back.
    Gastrodon: +2 Night Slash OHKOs.
    Magnezone: Low Kick OHKOs and you outrun the scarfer.
    Espeon: Night Slash OHKOs.
    Blissey: +2 Low Kick usually OHKOs after Stealth Rocks.
    Salamence: +1 Ice Shard easily OHKOs.
    Hydreigon: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs.
    Breloom: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs.
    Vaporeon: +2 Night Slash 2HKOs while Vaporeon can not OHKO back.
    Latias: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs it after Stealth Rocks, +0 Night Slash also can OHKO after rocks.
    Toxicroak: +2 Ice Shard does 74.6% - 87.9%.
    Lucario: Low Kick easily OHKOs though Vacuum Wave OHKOs and Extremespeed does a ton.
    Bronzong: Low Kick does 64.8% - 76.3% to the standard set. It needs Gyro Ball to KO back.
    Virizion: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs.
    Scrafty: +2 Low Kick OHKOs.
    Venusaur: +2 Ice Shard OHKOs.
    Metagross: +2 Night Slash does 61% - 72.5%.
    Mienshao: +2 Ice SHard OHKOs.
    Cloyster: +2 Low Kick OHKOs.
    Swampert: +2 Night Slash 2HKOs and Swampert can't OHKO back without Hammer Arm.
    Mew: +2 Night Slash OHKOs.

So basically pair Weavile with a Magnezone and find a way to Swords Dance and you should be able to sweep without much effort.

Hm...I like those calculations. I liked Weavile, but i always viewed it to be a revenge killer, and used brick break. I also never used it for it's ice typing.

I might try it sometimes.

Memento uxie with dual screen.
    Never used it but it sounds like it could screw up a huge amount when pared with a dugtrio or other trapper

Bumping this with 3 more anti metagame pokemon.

Spec'd Hydreigon is suprisingly really good. Unlike Spec'd Latios, people can't Pursuit it. That means you can play it much more aggresively than Latios. It also gets Flamethrower and Focus Blast. It resists dark which is pretty cool too. People usually expect Expert Belt and get nailed extremely hard by this. Works great with spikes from deoxys S.

Spec'd Kingdra is also extremely good right now. It can make short work out of rain teams with Swift Swim. It makes a great lead, checks Rotom W, checks Gyarados, checks Starmie, checks Volcarona, checks SD Scizor, and more. Works great with spikes. The suprise factor often leads to a suprise kill and Draco Meteor hits even steels extremely hard. Dragon/Water is still great coverage in BW OU, and you can use HP Fire for Ferrothorn. If used on a Rain team, Sniper is a great alternative because Swift Swim is illegal. Sniper allows you to crit Jirachi and Ferrothorn for OHKO's. When used on a Rain team it gets to abuse the water STAB much more, even 3HKOing Ferrothorn. Great with Jirachi or Dugtrio for team support.

Sigilyph is also really good too. Many teams are weak to it with the drop in Tyranitar usage. Most Rotom W lack Thunderbolt in favor of Volt Switch, which often means they need to Trick you to win. It gets Cosmic Power boosts at a frightening amount of the metagame. It spreads status to soften teams for an eventual sweep. It makes a great Scizor, Jirachi, and Tyranitar lure only for you to burn them. The metagame is also more physically inclined, which is good pickings for Sigilyph. More things to burn. It also destroys stall without CM Jirachi lol. You would be very suprised how easy it is to get +3 with it and start beating face.

Trick room reuniclus with calm mind shadow ball and focus blast.
    Moves for perfect coverage and calm mind to boost, been swept a lot by this set.

No one said Roserade? Gosh that thing is a beast in Weather. Techni Magical Leaf, Techni Weather Ball, Leaf Storm, -Insert filler 'cause movepool is rather shallow-. I run it on my Anti-Metagame team, and it's workin' pretty well.

There's also Abomasnow, who just wrecks late-game, with Wood Hammer and Blizzard.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Another great anti-metagame pokemon would be Rotom-H. Few people prefer it to its water-typed cousin, but its typing has great appeal. It blocks boltbeam, grass, fire, and ground easily, allowing it to counter entire sun teams including Venusaur, as well as threats like Azelf, Magnezone, Metagross, and Porygon-2. When the opponent switches out, hit the incoming foe with a Pain Split, and then Volt Switch out. Alternatively, just Volt Switch, or use Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp to spread status.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Double Dance Haxorus is quite possibly my favorite pokemon right now. With its great pure dragon defensive typing, great STAB only resisted by steel types, two ways to boost, and 147 base attack. Against offense, you dragon dance. Against stall, you swords dance. After a Swords Dance, you 2HKO Skarmory. After a DD, you outrun most things. Scarf Rotom W doesn't beat you with HP Ice either. Also, it makes a great Scizor/Gliscor/Ferrothorn lure. If you know their best Haxorus check is one of those, Haxorus can lure and eliminate those after rocks. Even if Haxorus dies, the counter would be well out of commition for the rest of the match.

Entei might be good in OU. Flare blitz takes care of skarmory and ferrothorn, stone edge for dragonite and other flying types, and extreme speed for priority. It could work.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Spec'd Hydreigon is suprisingly really good. Unlike Spec'd Latios, people can't Pursuit it. That means you can play it much more aggresively than Latios. It also gets Flamethrower and Focus Blast. It resists dark which is pretty cool too. People usually expect Expert Belt and get nailed extremely hard by this. Works great with spikes from deoxys S.
    No, the expert belt is actually pretty rare. People usually expect choice items, which is why the expert belt is so useful.

The expert belt is hardly ever seen on it, the only expert belt I've seen was the one on my own Hydreigon.
    Entei might be good in OU. Flare blitz takes care of skarmory and ferrothorn, stone edge for dragonite and other flying types, and extreme speed for priority. It could work.
    I wouldn't call it anti-metagame. It's walled by bulky waters, and most fire attacks can handle Skarmory and Ferrothorn, so that isn't anything special.

Entei is actually outclassed by Arcanine, to.
    Another great anti-metagame pokemon would be Rotom-H. Few people prefer it to its water-typed cousin, but its typing has great appeal. It blocks boltbeam, grass, fire, and ground easily, allowing it to counter entire sun teams including Venusaur, as well as threats like Azelf, Magnezone, Metagross, and Porygon-2. When the opponent switches out, hit the incoming foe with a Pain Split, and then Volt Switch out. Alternatively, just Volt Switch, or use Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp to spread status.
    But it has a rock weakness. Swapping out isn't always the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    No, the expert belt is actually pretty rare. People usually expect choice items, which is why the expert belt is so useful.

The expert belt is hardly ever seen on it, the only expert belt I've seen was the one on my own Hydreigon.I wouldn't call it anti-metagame. It's walled by bulky waters, and most fire attacks can handle Skarmory and Ferrothorn, so that isn't anything special.

Entei is actually outclassed by Arcanine, to.But it has a rock weakness. Swapping out isn't always the best option.
    Good players are usually very cautious around Hydreigon. They usually switch in a resist then double switch to make sure.

If they are choiced, they switch due to your resist making your double switch successful. If they are bait - you just played safe and didn't lose to an EB Hydreigon by pivoting out. It is how you are supposed to play against Hydreigon. Its foolish not to, considering there IS a lot of people using EB Hydreigon out of all the people actually using it. XD

Oh, and Sub DD Moxie Salamence is really cool too. It is bulky, fast, threatening, and it easily gets subs. It has great lefties recovery, Subs to scout for counters on stuff which can't touch you. It also hits extremely high speeds with a dragon dance. Imagine subbing on something which can't touch you, then they send in a random fodder, then you can outrun and kill it while maintaining your Sub and Moxie boost.

I mean, you can do this in two ways. You can use Jolly with 252Atk/6Def/252 Spe, or Adamant with 148HP/252Atk/108Spe. Both with Leftovers, and both with Dragon Claw/Substitute/Dragon Dance/Earthquake. The Adamant version is probably better. It outruns Scarf Latios after two Dragon Dances and has the very important immediate power.

Scarf Moxie Mence are also extremely threatening. Very great when it gets released. Scarf Outrage is a very fast revenge killer, with the potential to pick up more boosts. Great coverage too. Great resistences. Very strong.

As a dragon dancer, Salamence is probably better with intimidate, since that'll make Subs/DDs easier to get up. You also won't need the extra attack from moxie as much after you DD. Moxie might save you in some situations.

Moxie is better on the scarf version, after revenge killing a pokemon it's pretty much got an easy DD. Being locked in a move won't matter as much if it's using outrage. I'd say this one is probably it's best niche over Haxorus and Dragonite.
    Good players are usually very cautious around Hydreigon. They usually switch in a resist then double switch to make sure.
    Good players is different then most players, though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast