Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anti-Metagame Pokemon

Poisoin heal Gliscor walls most of the common antimeta game pokemon used to counter the old sand veil pokemon wall stuff like conkeludor(provided it doesn't critical while gliscor is setting up or have guts) and just messes up most other metagame pokemon. It's basicly a pokemon that goes in both categories.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Poisoin heal Gliscor walls most of the common antimeta game pokemon used to counter the old sand veil pokemon wall stuff like conkeludor(provided it doesn't critical while gliscor is setting up or have guts) and just messes up most other metagame pokemon. It's basicly a pokemon that goes in both categories.
    I wouldn't call it anti metagame with rain teams and HP ice everywhere.

Though I enjoy Substitute+Protect. It's the stallrein of OU.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I wouldn't call it anti metagame with rain teams and HP ice everywhere.

Though I enjoy Substitute+Protect. It's the stallrein of OU.
    Although that set is good at stalling, it is set up bait. Double dance haxours, as gamefreak mentioned earlier can get both dances done and KO with dragon claw.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Weavile. If used correctly, it can screw over at least 3/4 of the standard OU Pokemon. A Swords Dance set works wonders. Most people expect Weavile to be a Banded Pursuiter or Ice Sharder, so switch him into a Pokemon that fears Ice Shard (if they fear Pursuit, then they might not switch), SD while they switch, and proceed to massacre. Not even Gliscor can survive a +2 Ice Shard, even with max HP and Defense. The only problem would be priority, or being out sped.

LO Deoxys-S would be my choice, because it has a wide movepool and outspeeds pretty much anything.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/262s83s.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

Scarf Latios. What a great revenge killer. You can switch it in to most attacks thanks to its phenomenal typing and ability, and then wreak havoc. To name a few things it outspeeds and counters, it easily takes care of Deoxys-S, virtually all dragons at +1 speed, Shell Smash Cloyster at +2 speed, Agiligross at +2, Scrafty at +2, Volcarona after Quiver Dance, the entire Scarfed metagame, and everything slower than the stuff I just mentioned. So, basically everything but Venusaur and Rock Polish Terrakion.

I usually give it Energy Ball for the surprise factor, and because a good Grass-type-user is hard to find these days. Only Ferrothorn and Virizion are used these days, and they can't do anything without setup. Plus, it makes Latios a great counter for Rotom-Ws that think they outspeed me, but don't. I also give it the amazing power of Draco Meteor, which, with STAB, still has 105 power even after the -2, so it by no means makes Latios set-up fodder.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Scarf Latios is it really an Anti-metagame pokemon as Jirachi and Scizor and all steel types come in and say whats up.

I think Mixed attacking Metagross is a good Anti-game pokemon.
    Names ANTHEM White FC IS 4298-5945-5261

http://teampokecity.forumotion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblade97 View Post
    Weavile. If used correctly, it can screw over at least 3/4 of the standard OU Pokemon. A Swords Dance set works wonders. Most people expect Weavile to be a Banded Pursuiter or Ice Sharder, so switch him into a Pokemon that fears Ice Shard (if they fear Pursuit, then they might not switch), SD while they switch, and proceed to massacre. Not even Gliscor can survive a +2 Ice Shard, even with max HP and Defense. The only problem would be priority, or being out sped.
    I agree. +2 Weavile Ice Shard OHKOs Dnite through multiscale. Fun fact.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by kal2400 View Post
    Scarf Latios is it really an Anti-metagame pokemon as Jirachi and Scizor and all steel types come in and say whats up.

I think Mixed attacking Metagross is a good Anti-game pokemon.
    I always use it with Magnezone, anyway, so I don't really care. If I see a Scizor on team preview, I'll send Latios in only after Scizor is gone. Metagross, though, has a very limited amount of pokemon that it can deal with because of its slow speed. Infernape, Volcarona, and Earthquake abusers like Swampert really give it a hard time.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Dragon Dance Scrafty can be very threatening, it gets almost perfect coverage with Dark/Fighting/Ice, and with a few DDs he can kill steels with a Fight attack, Psychics with Crunch and walls like Gliscor or Dragons with Ice Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Farfan View Post
    Dragon Dance Scrafty can be very threatening, it gets almost perfect coverage with Dark/Fighting/Ice, and with a few DDs he can kill steels with a Fight attack, Psychics with Crunch and walls like Gliscor or Dragons with Ice Punch.
    It's definitely threatening and one of my favorites. That being said, DD Scrafty definitely needs at least one turn to set up, and even then it's still slower than base 100s with max speed investment. If it can get two in though (with Moxie) it's lights out bar some scarfers. While Flying attacks are rare (even with Hurricane and Acrobatics this gen), Fighting is pretty common, and Mach Punch can be a problem. Skarmory, Jorachi, Metagross, and Bronzong also slow down the sweep.

I have claimed Giratina

Speaking of DDers, I find MixMence very hard to counter, because it hits pretty much everything and often carries a lum berry to prevent it from getting affected by statuses.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

F.E.A.R pokemon can be incredibly anti-meta if one is not prepared

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

^F.E.A.R. sucks. Period.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

BandNite. Pair that with Terrakion to remove Steels, and you'll rip through a large amount of a team no problem.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234