View Poll Results: Was the milktank really that hard?!

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah if you don't level grind and use status lowering moves ect.

6 10.53%
  • No I just had to think correctly to win

18 31.58%
  • Dude heck Yes I got spammed with rollout and attract and stomp countless times.

33 57.89%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why did so many people have trouble with whitney's milktank back in pokemon silver?

I was basically caught off guard. More than likely I also didn't have a girl pokemon at the time so I had to power grind a bit until I was strong enough to beat her.

milkdrink is the worst move for a gymleader ever

Looking back, it was a bad move on Gamefreak's part to give Whitney's Miltank moves like Rollout and Milk Drink. The former got stronger as the battle progressed and made it so you had to beat Miltank fast, which was difficult to do to begin with. The latter was really annoying since it healed most of Miltank's health after you worked hard to decrease it. Attract was the straw that broke the camel's back, but I can at least understand why it was given to Miltank.

I just had to train harder. Sure, Rollout was very annoying, but I am pretty patient, and my Pokemon leveled up until I could beat her.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I hated when it kept healing itself my goodness. Although I had never been beaten (because my pokemon had higher level), but still it gave me sweat a lil, and usually I had two use two pokemon to beat the crap out it.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

It's the fact the miltank had access to milkdrink and Whitney used potions also it has good defense and spec def so it takes, hit heals and continues to hit you with increasing damage with rollout. If you train your Pokemon a little higher than hers its not that bad. Personally I never had much trouble with her.
    Come to SerebiiHangout! Where Serebii members can chat, hangout and organize clan wars. http://xat.com/SerebiiHangout

I actually found Clefairy pretty easy, but Miltank was impossible for me.
    I used my Togepi first to use Charm multiple times (which lowered attack), then he got knocked out so I sent in my Flaaffy. Flaaffy got hit and Miltank got paralyzed but had a Lum Berry so that I had to use Paralyze.
    Then I sent out my Onix, but he wasn't doing much (though he was a wall of defense) and I sent out my Quilava. He immediately fell in love, but he was the only one who did decent damage and all my girls were underleved. Even though Rollout was super effective it didn't do much because of Charm, and Quilava was attacking. Only most of the time he didn't attack. And when I got Miltank's HP down she just used her milk drink. When Miltank didn't use Milk Drink Whitney used her Super Potions. Twice.

I finally beat Miltank even though it took 30 minutes and then I forgot to save, and someone was walking near it while it was charging (I was battling Sudowoodo). The DS fell from being pulled by the string and froze. The end!

Because I was little and had no idea what I was doing.

I had problems until I started battling every trainer along the way, and the route after Goldenrod (fogot what it was called), but I usually won on my first try, and made sure my Pokemon was ready before.

I think that her Miltank was developed by the programmers without the thought/knowledge of how broken the moveset was.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I didn't need to level grind at all to win my gastly used hypnosis, I switched into my cyndaquil/quilava (can't remember) and finished it off.

Whitney's Miltank has Rollout and a healing move Milk Drink, which make it hard to defeat. But all I had to do is putting Miltank to sleep and taking it down with my Croconaw.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    You are able to catch Heracross before Goldenrod. I'm trying to get it now before battling that Miltank on my Silver Walkthrough.
    If i knew this back in the day, my battles against Whitney would have been so much easier. I have had my troubles with her Miltank, but only because i wasn't as experienced in battling as i am now. Now, i would use female Pokémon or at least a Geodude. Last time i played through Johto, i used a female Onix i caught in Union Cave. Used Screech and Headbutt to finish her off.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

I had trouble against Whitney's Miltank kept using rollout and the use of attract stopped my pokemon from attack which is why i found Whitney hard to defeat

In my experience, it's simply because of Miltank's great set and utility plus your under leveled Quilava hahaha. jk.

Clefairy use metronome
    Clefairy use swords dance
    Clefairy use metronome
    Clefairy use baton pass

" I may look normal but I have lots of Potential. "

I never had trouble against her. But maybe that's because I trained my Pokémon up to level thirty before I battled her hahaha! I always over train...

it was especialy hard with my quilava, despite it being female and immune to attract
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Didn't anyone use the trade Machop in Goldenrod city?

Machop/Machoke is actually one of the best pokemon in that game (Cross Chop lol). I just karate chopped my way through that mass that was the Normal type gym.

To be honest, i remember it not being that bad when i played silver bak as a kid. Now, when i replay it every so often, its hard as hell
    Credit to FairyWitch.

I'm in it.

She was never that hard for me, I usually beat her on the second try.

Her Miltank was OP. Rollout destroyed my whole team and it was way too fast for what the Pokemon is.
    Musicians Club:

Check out my music below and click become a fan!

Reverbnation - http://www.reverbnation.com/seraph3?...eader_icon_nav

I had a female Geodude so I laughed at Witney. Thats all their is to her, just make sure to get a female rock type and you'll cruise through, non of the starters are a good match.
    So much to do yet no desire to do anything...

<------------------------ Lucky

It was easy for me. I just duplicated Quilava
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/jrw3f9.jpg[/IMG]

I never had trouble with her, but that might be because I always had a Geodude. Geodude makes Miltank a piece of cake.

I'm surprised she got her reputation; I think Gen 1 Sabrina and Ruby and Sapphire Norman are both more difficult from a pure stats standpoint if you don't know the game systems. Yellow Sabrina's level 50 Alakazam seems terrifying until you realize that you can just set up against her Abra.
    Last edited by Toxicity; 1st September 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/24673g8.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks to Astral Shadow and Equal-To-Heaven for the signature assets.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/aayd7r.jpg[/IMG]

do not question the great milktank, whose milk of shame we drinketh from.

jk

ummm, bc it was really hard, and if u were like me and chose cyndaquil, rollout was a b-word.
    Credit to FairyWitch.

I'm in it.

Miltank was easy for me. Not sure for others.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast