Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 370

Thread: Battle Haxway

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    20

    Default Battle Haxway

    Hi. About the Battle Subway. Don't you find it really frustrating when your attack with 85% accuracy misses three times in a row on the LAST Pokémon of the 7th battle ? Doesn't it seem like the opponent's team gets much more luck ? If you have any frustrating experiences, write them here
    Last edited by KyuremLegend; 1st May 2011 at 11:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chelt, UK
    Posts
    120

    Default

    The number of times I've lost to a sheer cold/fissure/rest/sleep talk walrein is a joke. But it's not just bad luck. They really do fix the odds against you a little bit more in the tower/subway areas.
    On #SPP and #SPP-wifi as Bidoof

    <Hydregion> I have REAL proof from BULBAPEDIA that Arceus made the universe

    White FC: 3911 6724 1283

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Do your odds go down on battle 7 ? Because mine do

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England.
    Posts
    739

    Default

    I'm not sure it's been proven, but I too have heard claims that the odds are changed.

    Whether they are or aren't, remember that it only takes one bit of bad luck to end your streak. Therefore, a good Subway (and Tower/Frontier) team needs to minimise its exposure to luck. For example, Fire Blast is just fine in competitive, and in normal in-game play, but in the Subway you're probably better off with Flamethrower.

    (Take my advice with a pinch of salt; I've never had any success in the Subway, but then I haven't really tried.)

  5. #5

    Default

    I don't have much bad luck if I recall. I only really did a lot of the regular single battles though.

    The only thing that seems messed up is how it seems opponents wake up from sleep faster than mine do. It's like if they're asleep and take damage, the next time they move, they wake up. If they stay sleeping for three turns, that's lucky.

    November 2001 - February 2005

    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

    v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,704

    Default

    I've only competed at the Battle Subway a few times so far, but it hasn't seemed all-that different from the other battle facilities I've encountered. There are some moments that make me want to rip my hair out of my skull, but that happens all the time, so it's nothing new to me lol. I'm pretty much used to having bad luck, so I tend to expect the worst when I'm at the Battle Subway. There's not much I can do but try my best.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I've definitely had my fair share of bad luck in the subway, but that's Murphy's Law for ya.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    607

    Default

    I've pretty much gotten past whatever Hax the battle subway can throw at me. The only real way I lose is if they throw cheap **** like Garchomp with Outrage. I don't really do the Battle Subway anymore because even if I did get to 49 wins, I'd never be able to do the same on doubles for the trainer card thing. Plus, there's nothing I really need to get with BP anymore.

    If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I remember a time when I was in the Multi Train. I busted out a Metagross and Hilda threw out a krookodile. She used earthquake and cost us the match since the opposing team had an air ballooner and a flying type. Another Battle Haxway moment was a pokemon using doubleslap got a bunch of crits....I'm starting to hate this place.
    Anyone want some coke?


    Copy and paste this into your sig, just because I told you to. (Started by Thing)

    EMPOLEON.




  10. #10

    Default

    Darned Hilbert used Earthquake and killed off my Lucario. Bastard Hilbert left with a smile that I wanted to rip out.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    It's been like this for the battle facilities from generation 3 and on...it just seems that no matter how well you EV train a poke, the opponent will always pull out a that is faster than yours and take you out...I mean really are there really garchomps out there that aren't scarfed and are faster than a max speed mienshao?! Also, the opponents in these facilities have way more luck with haxes and OHKO moves...and the last one is always the hardest to beat...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Don't look up....
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Oh, dear god SO MUCH HAX. My Battle Subway lead is Ghidorah the world's fastest Hydreigon. Most of my challenges on Super (even the first one!) have started with a Pseudo-legendary not named Tyranitar.Thankfully, I'm faster than all of the Dragon sets I've seen thus far, and while Metagross's berry keeps Flamethrower from OHKOing, so far they all start with Magnet Rise. The next thing to come out is usually a bulky water type... which my team (Hydreigon, Volcarona, Carracosta) has a very hard time dealing with, seeing as I lack Grass-type moves and my only electric attack is... Charge Beam. In sum, most of the matchups I've faced were bad ones.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    I think I remember hearing someplace that the NPCs in the Battle Subway really do cheat. The game increases their odds of gettings critical hits, lowers the chance of missing, that kind of thing.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shut Up. That's where.
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyuremLegend View Post
    Hi. About the Battle Subway. Don't you find it really frustrating when your attack with 85% accuracy misses three times in a row on the LAST Pokémon of the 7th battle ? Doesn't it seem like the opponent's team gets much more luck ? If you have any frustrating experiences, write the here
    I've had Focus Blast miss 5 out of 5 times in a row, Stone Edge 4 times in a row, Fire Blast 2 or 3 times in a row. Yeah, it's really frustrating which is why I steer clear of moves that generally like to be a pain and miss all the time unless they're absolutely needed like Fire Blast on my non-Swords Dance Garchomp or Focus Blast with Sceptile (which for some stupid reason generally hits). And this isn't limited to the Battle facilities. In-game and WiFi Battles aren't an exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    I think I remember hearing someplace that the NPCs in the Battle Subway really do cheat. The game increases their odds of gettings critical hits, lowers the chance of missing, that kind of thing.
    I wouldn't doubt it. The amount of streaks I've lost because of a simple crit or status hax. Not to mention stupid stuff like Thunder or Fire Blast for them never seeming to miss.
    Last edited by Final; 1st May 2011 at 7:05 AM.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N's Castle
    Posts
    40

    Default

    It seems like they stack the odds against you pretty heavily, I can never get past battle 21 because he's always got the perfect type counter to my first two pokemon, even when I change them
    "Steel will hang on to the very last!" - Jasmine, Olivine gym leader

    Current Sapphire Team (Yes you read that right):

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberpolychrome View Post
    It seems like they stack the odds against you pretty heavily, I can never get past battle 21 because he's always got the perfect type counter to my first two pokemon, even when I change them
    the 21st battle is the only one I prep for :P Thankfully Serebii has a list of what Pokemon the subway bosses use. In fact...I design my team just to take out the boss xD

    I've had more pure acts of luck than experience haxs.
    my Tyranitar gets hi-jump kicked? Left on 1HP (without focus sash, etc) Sweeps the rest of their team.

    X-scissor missed my Hydreigon? Awesome, commence epic sweep.

    Although, I must admit...Sometimes the enemy Pokemon are a bit too fast...
    James
    FC 4771 1307 9049 WHITE
    Playing Jap White 2 EXCITED

    Time
    I operate under NZST (UTC+12). The times of which I am available are generally 9A.M - 1:30A.M.


    Currently
    Hibernating. Training and playing White 2.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    20

    Default

    My team is absolutely INCAPABLE of taking down that Musharna ... Hypnosis never seems to miss. And Focus Blast has 70% accuracy. That should mean that more than 7 out of 10 times, it hits, right ? Not mine. And OHKO attacks are just silly ... There aren't any Pokémon capable of resisting a OHKO, no matter how great the team is.
    Last edited by KyuremLegend; 1st May 2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: 70% accuracy :D

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shut Up. That's where.
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyuremLegend View Post
    My team is absolutely INCAPABLE of taking down that Musharna ... Hypnosis never seems to miss. And Focus Blast has 85% accuracy. That should mean that more than 8 out of 10 times, it hits, right ? Not mine. And OHKO attacks are just silly ... There aren't any Pokémon capable of resisting a OHKO, no matter how great the team is.
    Focus Blast has only 70% accuracy but yeah, the AI's seems to never miss. Also, Musharna doesn't particuarly like my Scizor's Bug Bite after a Swords Dance. But yeah, Hypnosis is a pain. I always seem to get hit by it while my event Mew's misses bloody 6 or so times in a row before hitting.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    607

    Default

    As someone who uses Musharna, I can tell you it's extremely durable. My Musharna lived a Belly Drum'd Flame Charge from Charizard.

    If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shut Up. That's where.
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMage23 View Post
    As someone who uses Musharna, I can tell you it's extremely durable. My Musharna lived a Belly Drum'd Flame Charge from Charizard.
    Flame Charge isn't very powerful though (50 base power. 75 after factoring in STAB).
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    20

    Default

    85 Base Defense isn't really that great ... it has got 116 HP, though.
    Look at Venonat. Now look at Butterfree. Any similarities ? What about Caterpie and Venonat ?
    => ?
    => => ?

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    Flame Charge isn't very powerful though (50 base power. 75 after factoring in STAB).
    It's frakking Belly Drum'd... I also have other ridiculous situations that my Musharna survived, but I can't remember the specifics.

    If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    The best move to keep in handle. is Thunder wave!! Thunder Wave and Thunder wave.
    I taught my ferrethorn Thunder wave, leech seed, protect and Power Whip, since it can survive almost any hit. lol I i have thunder wave on my lead Latios. and My main Sweeper is Scrafty with ice punch, drain punch, crunch and dragon dance, its best to use two dragon dance to outspeed EVERYthing.

    Sigh.. the hax!
    I had two more pokemon left Scrafty and Darmanitan, the AI had two a gardevior and another pokemon. I sent out Darmanitan because i Knew It can 1HKO gardevior.. and i was Scarf. I used Flare Blitz.. it misses, WTF!!!! than she use Focus Blast It connects.. i was down to 50hp and used Flare Blitz again and it misses! she KOed me with another focus blast. I sent out Scrafty and used Dragon dance because i knew i couldnt outspeed her, and i was praying she misses a focus Blast .. which she didnt!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I can't say I disagree. Either the opponents really do have better odds than you do, or a lot of people who play this game have really bad luck. I went in with Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Garchomp. A Vaporeon with a Quick Claw killed all of them. And yeah, nothing the opponents use ever misses.

    But the Battle Institute is even worse. The first person is always really easy, with pokemon like Oshawott or Pidove. Then the second guy comes at you with Zapdos and Salamence.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I use the Serebii trainer catalogue, and EVERY time the opponent's Pokémon has a Quick Claw, it works at least once, at just when they need it (unless of course I OHKO it). But that might just be me.

    And I hate that Vaporeon.

    Once, a Glaceon () was using Frost Breath, and it got critical hit like seven times in a row ... I was like WHAT IS THIS HAX O_o

    Then I looked it up on Bulbapedia
    EDIT : And that's when I realized it always got Critical Hits.
    Last edited by KyuremLegend; 2nd May 2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Ooops, indeed it was Glaceon ...
    Look at Venonat. Now look at Butterfree. Any similarities ? What about Caterpie and Venonat ?
    => ?
    => => ?

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •