Thread: Viral [PG-13] [SU]

Default Viral [PG-13] [SU]

Viral
    A Pokemon Academy RP. With Zombies.

NOTE: This RP was originally posted to PE2K and afterwards GTS+, but sadly died without ever actually opening up on either. I've moved it here, hoping to give it a chance to actually play out before it dies. Hopefully a community as large as Serebii.net will give it a chance, but if not this RP is done for good.

Introduction
    The school year at the Trainer Academy of Sinnoh started out like any other. A school for gifted trainers hoping to gain knowledge in the fields of Pokemon Study, students from around the region attended each year. They were to learn from experts in the field of Pokemon, with the faculty including prominent Pokemon Professors, former League Champions, and other important figures. For many students who had worked had to come to the Academy, the reward finally seemed within reach.

Then, the world outside the campus fell apart. It began as an isolated case of a mutated strain of rabies contracted by a Mankey. It was a new and more destructive variety that killed rapidly and spread efficiently, able to survive on any surface for 24 hours if the surface wasn't sanitized or burned. The hospital in Sunyshore provided an ample habitat for it's growth, and soon many patients had contracted the disease. Then, the real madness began.

A recently deceased patient woke up in the morgue of the hospital one day, much to the surprise of the medical examiner studying the body for a means of creating a vaccine. Before the man could ponder how this had happened however, he was mauled and bitten by the zombie. But before the zombie harass him any further, the examiner managed to kill the zombie with a scapel. He then went home to his wife and kids.

The rest was history. Once outside the hospital, the disease spread through Sunyshore. Then it spread to neighboring towns, and within a month the only actual humans alive and breathing in Sinnoh were those who had attending the Academy. Because of it's distance from any major city, the campus had been free of infection. It's strict policy on student departure from the school was enforced, and as a result the infection wasn't caught there. The rest of Sinnoh had become zombies doomed to shamble around aimlessly, as any travelling vessel going into or out of the region would be blasted apart by battleships enforcing an international quarantine. The students and faculty had watched and listened as the region was totally infected, and they eventually realized that the isolated campus was all that was left of human settlement in the region.

Knowing that there was no way out of Sinnoh, the faculty decided the only option was to hold out and survive, while trying to preserve what little normalcy was left at the Academy. After all, the school's solar panels were the last source of electricity left running in the region, keeping it lit while everything else was in the dark. So whether they liked it or not, survival depended on protecting the Academy from the hordes that surrounded it. And so our story begins, with the last settlement's survival hanging by a thread.

Plot
    As a student or faculty member at The Trainer Academy of Sinnoh, you have two goals: To survive the zombie infestation surrounding you for as long as possible, and to go about your studies or teaching at the Academy at the same time. While these two things sound almost contradictory, the curriculum at The Trainer Academy will allow you to learn strategic method, battling coordination, and many other skills that are useful for more than just battling.

Along with these goals, you may set your own goals and progress upon them using a Progress Bar below your page, with a certain percentage of completion added each post. The more detailed and difficult a project may be to build, the more posts it should take to build. Faster projects should usually be weaker and less successful, while larger projects are either massive, extremely fortified, or almost guaranteed to work. Here's an example:

Projects List
    Barricade Pile - 30% (10% Per Post)
    Escape Plan - 15% (5% Per Post)
    As a student, you will be required to spend Monday through Friday in class, with 7 periods of class plus a lunch sometime between 4th and 6th period. These classes may vary based on what is available, and include Pokemon, General, and Zombie Survival Classes. These classes will run from 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM, and after 2:30 PM you are released back to your dorms.

As a teacher, you will administer one or two classes to the students, as well as work with other faculty members to enforce school rules. At night teachers will also be assigned to "curfew watch", stationed around the school's borders and in the dormitories sighting and reporting any and all student misbehavior or zombie intrusion. If a zombie is sighted, they will be the ones to kill it. If a student misbehaves or tries to escape, they will give him or her detention, or in a worse case scenario, expel them. And in Sinnoh, you do NOT want to be expelled.

Campus Map
    ^^^^^^
    Click me!

As you can see on the map, the campus is quite spread out over a broad area. Students will live in the dormitory buildings, which on the map are the three lookalike buildings to the west. The other western building is the cafeteria, where students will get their lunch. Unless the stocks run out, in which case this is where they go to think about the lunch they don't have.

The central building where the four paths branch out from is the main hall, where bulletins with class announcements and school wide activities are posted. This is also the central hub where students meet after school to plan their day.

The three buildings to the north of the main hall are the classroom buildings, where students go to attend class. The building to the west is for Pokemon-related classes, the building to the north is the general classes building, and the building to the east is the Zombie-Studies Building.

The building south of the main hall is the main entrance to the campus. As nobody should be entering or exiting the campus as of current, the building now acts solely as a faculty room. Car parking is directly south of here, but the faculty haven't dared move their cars in ages.

Finally, the path to the east leads to the east leads to the Battlefield, where practice battles and contests will be held.

If you leave the campus, to the north you will encounter forests at the foot of Mt. Coronet. There are very few zombies in the forest, but the area is extremely remote and rarely do people venture into it. To the south is the heavily-infected Hearthome City, which is both a center for supplies and zombie infestation. While useful items can be found in Hearthome, the zombies make it difficult if not impossible to escape. To the west, more forests and mountains. Same as the north. And to the east are rolling plains with a few zombies scattered about. If you travel far enough you will reach Solaceon Town, where it is rumored there is an encampment of survivors. These rumors are unverified however.

The Zombies
    The zombies of Sinnoh aren't like regular zombies in the sense of behavior or purpose. They are dead and as a result have decayed slightly, but they will not eat themselves, other zombies, or humans. This is because the virus's goal is to spread itself to another living host, not to feed the body it is using. As a result, zombies only bite humans, and after the human is successfully bitten and contracts the virus, the other zombie no longer sees purpose in attacking them any further, the virus infected cells releasing hormones to counteract the ones injected that cause the aggression in the first place.

Except when attacking, the zombies are extremely slow and move at a shambling place due to the fact that they are dead and their muscles are largely inactive. They are attracted to light and sound, but cannot detect scent. They are often seen in large masses, though an occasional zombie will stray from the horde.

Classes
    A variety of trainer and general courses are available for trainers to take. Trainers may take any type of class they like in their schedule for 7 classes, but one class must be Infection Survival 101, a makeshift class designed to help students learn skills that can aid them in holding out against the horde. The classes listed here are the starting classes, but anyone may suggest new classes.

Classes Include:
    • Infection Survival 101
    • Pokemon Battling
    • Pokemon Research and Biology
    • Pokemon Breeding
    • Pokemon Contest
    • Science [Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Anatomy]
    • History [Sinnoh History, World History, Pokemon Mythos, Infection History]
    • Language Arts
    • Art
    • Physical Education
    • Math [Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry, Economics]
    • Computers [Web Site Design, Introduction to Programming, Pokeball Studies]
    • Philosophy [Ethics, Social Issues, Pokemon Issues, Infection Issues]
    RP Rules
    • Violence/Romance is ok in moderation. Ironic, I'm asking for only moderate violence in a zombie RP.
    • Obscene words are ok, just don't use them every sentence.
    • CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR THE COOL, BUT IT'S ANNOYING.
    • The password is Pablo.
    • Two paragraph per post minimum.
    • No godmodding or location jumping. Please follow these standards if you need help doing so.
    • Please use readable font. Don't alternate fonts either.
    • OOC goes in discussion. No exceptions.
    • You get 3 warnings before a ban from this RP. So don't screw around with these rules.
    • No Legendaries, Humans, or beings from outside this universe. THAT MEANS YOU DOCTOR WHO.
    School Rules
    1. Students must attend all classes Monday through Friday, unless sick or injured.
    2. Students must not leave the campus for any reason. Doing so is risky for both the school and for the student leaving.
    3. Students must do their homework after class.
    4. There is a strict 10 P.M. curfew. No student must be outside after this time, and lights must be out in all dorms.
    5. No chewing gum in class.
    6. No harassing or bullying other students.
    7. Any Pokemon must be kept in Pokeballs during class unless otherwise specified by an instructor.
    8. If a student catches The Virus in any way, shape, or form, he or she must kill his or herself or submit to being killed.
    9. In the event of the Academy being overrun, students are to head north into the mountains according to the instructions of a faculty member.
    10. Multiple infractions may result in detention or expulsion.

Character Name: (Your character's name.)
    Classes: (If you are a teacher, list which classes you teach throughout the day. If you are a student, list which classes you take periods 1-8 and which period your lunch is.)
    Pokemon: (Maximum amount of Pokemon are six. No legendaries or made up Pokemon. No, you cannot have a Sonichu.)
    Character Description: (Your character's physical appearance. One paragraph or a picture is all I need.)
    Character Personality: (How does your character act? One paragraph minimum.)
    Character History: (Insert past here. Two paragraphs)
    Taste: (Describe what you taste like. The zombies are picky.)
    Password: (READ THE RULES.)
    Other: (What it says on the tin).
    Accepted:
    Heather Sternberg (Flame Mistress)
    Johnathan Hunter (NES2)

Reserved:
    Quackjack29
    SoulMuse

Denied:

Banned:
    bobyjoe5000

You can post, rant, or give me advice about how to improve the RP now.

EDIT: OH DANG IT THAT ISLAND RPG GOT THE INFECTION RP POSITION FIRST. NOW THIS RP IS DOOMED. I'M GOING TO PLAY SOME TF2 AND HOPE NOBODY WILL NOTICE WITHOUT READING THIS SENTENCE.
    Last edited by NES2; 5th November 2011 at 12:42 AM.
    Forum War II

Oops! Zat was not medicine!

Lol get a mod to close it
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

They turn into Pokemorphs in mine, in yours they're actual zombies.

There's enough differences between them, I don't see why they can't both exist.

I'm not joining, but good luck. =)
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

I read that, so my RP can still work. I just wanted to be THE infection RP. It's ok though, since this is more L4D and yours is more rabid Pokemorphs.

Also, this thread shall not close. This RP shall LIIIIVVVVEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    Forum War II

Quote Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
    I read that, so my RP can still work. I just wanted to be THE infection RP. It's ok though, since this is more L4D and yours is more rabid Pokemorphs.

Also, this thread shall not close. This RP shall LIIIIVVVVEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    In that case let's keep all discussion signup-relevant, shall we? That conversation could have gone through VMs or PMs.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Default Character Sign Up

OK, just to get the ball rolling, I'm going to start working on my character.

Character Name: Johnathan Hunter
    Classes: Infection Survival 101
    Pokemon:

1. Stantler (Male)
    Nickname: Pierce

2. Trubbish (Male)
    Nickname: Whiff

Character Description: Because I'm lazy, I'm going to say he looks like the Sniper, much to the rage of other TF2 fans who know he can't use the Force-A-Nature on his class.

Character Personality: As a whole, Johnathan is an anti-social hermit who was dragged back into society against his will. Living a loner most of his life, he made few companions other than his Pokemon. He tends to say little more than what is necessary of him, and he has a slight grudge against his educated and much better paid co-workers. Not that pay mattered any more, but it did before the infection.

John is a non-drinking man, seeing as he couldn't afford to spend money on intoxicating libations without sacrificing a meal most of the time. He isn't a cruel, mean, or sadistic person, but he is either in a sarcastic or cranky mood when around others. Only when he isn't pestered by others is he content, and if one were to observe him alone in the woods you could see an entirely different side to him, a man who enjoys the outdoors and nature. Of course, this is impossible now thanks to the infection, and as a result he is crankier than a secretary without coffee.

Character History: Little is known by others about the childhood of Johnathan Hunter, but what is known about him is extremely interesting to say the least. Born to a couple living in Hearthome City, John grew up in what is referred to as "The Friendliest City in Sinnoh". Unfortunately, Johnathan by nature was a very unfriendly boy, and as a result he was the troublemaker of any school he went to. He never smoked or drank, but his cynical and sarcastic tone often insulted teachers, got him into fights with students, and resulted in grade-drops from every class. This went on until high school, which he flunked out of much to the anger of his parents. Having been fed up with him and his failings, he was kicked out of his home in order to learn that life was serious business at the age of 17. John was supposed to come back repentant for his sins, but he never returned.

Left to wander the streets of Hearthome for 10 years, John grew into a bitter man who survived by taking all kinds of odd jobs, part-time work, and other temporary business. His lack of any useful certification or degree meant he couldn't hold down a truly permanent job, and as a result John managed to live in near poverty, barely paying for rent and food with whatever money he could manage to earn. It was during these years that John met one of his only true friends, a Trubbish found searching through garbage in an alleyway John used as a shortcut. He took the little Pokemon home, and the two were inseparable ever since. This was because John viewed the Trubbish as a kindred spirit, a soul scrapping out a living in Hearthome like him. He didn't question how the Trubbish got to Sinnoh in the first place, but he assumed a Trainer from Unova had abandoned it just because of it's smell. He named the Trubbish Whiff, a reminder in the name of what not to take around the little trash bag.

It was at the age of 30 that John decided to leave Hearthome and take a small job at the Academy. Deciding he needed to get away from the city and get a more long term job, John decided to take a job opening at the Sinnoh Trainer Academy, as a janitor. A job that kept him in the background, being the night janitor meant that he talked with few other people unless necessary, and was generally left to himself during the day. During the four years between his first day and the infection, John discovered his inner explorer, taking solitary hikes in the woods north of the school during his free time along with his Trubbish. It was during one of these hikes that John met a surly Stantler, whom he defeated and captured with a single Pokeball John had snagged from the school's storage room. It was also during this time that he honed skills that he thought would be of minimal use, such as firearms training in the event of an Ursaring attack.

His life remained semi-pleasant like this until news of the infection began to reach the school. With most of the teaching staff having no experience with any matters regarding the undead or firearms, it suddenly dawned upon the staff that John, who already knew how to salvage and ration food, use firearms, and survive in the wilderness, would have the right type of experience to survive this type of scenario. And so, thrust into the spotlight as the most unlikely hero available, John was given the extra task of teaching Infection Survival 101. His story begins on the first day of the class, much to his disdain.

Taste: Sweaty. A bit on the firm side.

Password: Pablo

Other: He owns and carries a double barrel shotgun on his person, which he lovingly refers to as the Force-A-Nature.
    Last edited by NES2; 21st October 2011 at 1:29 AM.
    Forum War II

Can i reserve a spot?
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

I'd like to reserve a spot, too.

Default Reserve announcement.

You two are granted reservations. Finally, the RP is picking up! Now if only I could find a forum theme that didn't hurt my eyes...
    Forum War II

Hmmm....I would like to reserve a spot as well.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Character Name: Bobyjoe
    Classes: Infection Survival 101
    Pokemon: (All Male)

Flygon
    Nickname: Swift

Dewgong
    Nickname: Bubbles

Grimer
    Nickname: Blobyjoe

Dugtrio
    Nickname: 3 Gays

Absol
    Nickname: Xavier

Pokemon Battling
    Pokemon Research and Biology
    Pokemon Breeding
    Pokemon Contest
    Physical Education
    Art
    Character Description: Well, Bobyjoe is a guy standing roughly at 6'1". His waist size being 30 Inches He has big eyes, which is probably the only part of his face that isnt blue (cause he likes blue paint). He also has a big mouth and can eat any type of fruit, as well as 98% of all meats.

Character Personality: Bobyjoe Isnt really concerned about aliens. Since he is bobyjoe, most aliens just laugh by looking at him. the reason why he hasnt fought in the war himself is because he cant kill a zombie fast by shooting it cause its already dead. with bobyjoe's ak42, it'd take 2 months, but it'll only take like 5 bullets if its to the head. if he does shoot one, they'll be slower and be poisoned (as the bullets are poison coated). he loves shooting zombies so much, that he can shoot up to 17 with one clip. He likes the color green, and hates green zombie blood.

Character History: At birth, Blobyjoe was big. but he didnt grow fast, and was also very immature, cause he had a small brain. when he was 6, Blobyjoe was aloud to eat meat (as his culture made 6 and under vegans). one day, he ate a brain of a smart man by accident, and now is ranked 23 in 100 most smartest humans. when he turned 9, he went to Bob school (because of his name). he was the smartest kid there, so he pretty much skipped to Bob High (again, because of his name). there, he decided to take a 4 year break, doing nothing but playing cod MW3. Once he went back, he was only the 2nd smartest kid in the school. but he still aced everything. At 18, Blobyjoe went to War Academy for 2 years. He was trained in the Military until he was 20. When he was 20, Blobyjoe made a deivice that made him 20 for 3 more years. again, he played cod alot. but one day he heard of pokemon. so he started finding some. he caught 5 so far, and most of them are at the final stage. 17 weeks after evolving his last pokemon, he heard reports of a zombie outbreak. and the story starts...

Taste: Blobyjoe taste like tropical punch kool-aid
    Password: PABLO
    Other: Bobyjoe has a special ak42 that can only be held by non-infected humans. it has rapid fire and can shoot out burst of goo to poison and slow down zombies.

If it's too small, I can edit it
    Last edited by Angeltripper; 5th November 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Sorry for the wait.

Character Name: Heather Sternberg

Classes:*
    Period 1 = Infection Survival 101
    Period 2 = Art
    Period 3 = History (World History)
    Period 4 = History (Pokémon Myths)
    Period 5 = Science (Astronomy)
    Period 6 = Lunch
    Period 7 = Pokémon Contest
    Period 8 = Pokémon Research and Biology

Pokemon:*

1. Zorua (Male)
    Nickname: Darkstar

2. Kirlia (Female)
    Nickname: Destiny

3. Riolu (Male)
    Nickname: Luke

4. Vulpix (Female)
    Nickname: Sienna

Character Description: Heather is a rather small girl for her age, standing at 5' 2". Her face is petite and oval-shaped, and her eyes are a soft shade of violet. Her long, wavy locks are a hue of lavender, with strands of her hair falling in front of her face occasionally.*

Heather usually wears a short-sleeved lavender dress of the same colour as her hair, which come down to her knees, and are decorated with purple laces. She also wears a white long-sleeved cardigan on top of her dress. Heather wears white tights underneath, along with shiny, deep purple shoes. She also wears a strange silver necklace, with its pendant shaped like a musical note (a semi-quaver, to be exact), which seems to emit a glowing, colourless light. Heather can be seen smiling softly most of the time.*

Character Personality: Heather has been a shy girl for as long as anyone can remember. She doesn't talk too much outside of classes, and when she does, it's always in a soft whisper - the only time when she seems to have a loud, clear voice is when she is singing. Heather has a mild nature, never becoming over-excited or too gloomy, and is always gentle and careful when handling objects and creatures.*

Heather has a passion for music, especially singing. She loves singing; she can be seen humming a tune or singing a song under her breath whenever she is working, and despite her soft voice, even the strictest examiners will claim that she has a lovely voice. She also does pretty well in her studies, too, having a particular interest for ancient myths and also History in general.

Character History: No one really knows much about Heather's babyhood; she was first discovered by a couple in Floaroma Meadow when she was two, with her silver necklace around her neck. They decided to look for the parents of the little toddler, informing the police about the girl,*but to no avail. The couple finally decided to adopt the girl and named her Heather.*

Heather lived in Floaroma Town, having been listed as one of the most studious pupils in her school and leading a quiet life reading and studying. Heather did not enjoy going outside, and only took occasional strolls around Floaroma Meadow about once a month, and that was it. She'd much rather prefer reading books about myths and legends in a dusty library than stand shivering outside and have people stare at her strange, purple hair.*

Heather stayed there until she was old enough to enrol in the Trainer Academy of Sinnoh, where both her foster mother and foster father were teachers. Heather wasn't a keen Pokémon Trainer at first, avoiding the creatures themselves. However, when news of the infection broke out, she decided that catching a Pokémon or two would benefit her greatly.*

In the space of a month, Heather managed to capture an abandoned yet still naughty Zorua nicknamed Darkstar, a lost, bewildered Kirlia nicknamed Destiny, an injured and beaten-up Riolu nicknamed Luke, and a Vulpix on the verge of death nicknamed Sienna. The four Pokémon immediately discovered their similarities, and bonded quicker than you could say "Arceus likes fudgecakes".*

Taste: Like a Kasib Berry, I guess.*

Password: Pablo

Other: What's the mystery behind Heather's silver necklace? Well, that's for you (and I) to find out.*

Default Accepted Characters

@bobyjoe5000- I wasn't being seriously about non-gendered blobs. The character needs to be human and not have powers of any kind. I loled at the entry though.

But yeah, human character please. also, spellcheck would be nice since threw does not equal through.

@Flame Mistress- I thought you dropped out and left this RP to die! Well, welcome to the RP!
    Forum War II

ok, I edited it XD

Credit to Astral Shadow

Default Really?

I have a felling you aren't taking the RP seriously. While the RP shouldn't be too serious and the weapon itself is pretty interesting, you are sort of making your character out to be the ultimate badass.

Well, I will tell you something now to clear up any questions you may have:

There will be no Gary *CENSORED* Oaks here. Characters should be realistic, not Chuck Norris. Unless it's mercury, eating metal will break your teeth and shatter your bowels. If it is mercury, you are dead. Not big surprise.

The point is, this is not Trololo RP. I'll make one of those eventually though, since past trolling roleplays have been just plain epic.

So, denied. Again. RPing SU's are serious business. The lulz come afterwards. Read the rules.
    Last edited by NES2; 4th November 2011 at 12:39 AM.
    Forum War II

ok, I read the rules, and since I had 1 more try, I edited it again

Credit to Astral Shadow

Default Sorry, but no.

@bobyjoe5000 - Just no. You need to nuke this character from orbit. You changed very little at all, and left in the parts that make no sense. You aren't taking the RP SU seriously enough, and more than likely you are underage, so no dice. It may be a bit harsh, but I'm going to ban you from the RP for now. Honestly, I think you need to read more before you try to RP, k?
    @Everyone - I'm going away for the weekend, so I can't accept Sign Ups or start the RP until Monday. Feel free to sign up, but be warned there will be a bit of a delayed response.
    Forum War II

Default I'm back.

I'm back and ready to accept Sign Ups, so keep em coming.
    Forum War II