Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which PokeGirl currently has the strongest team?

Default Which PokeGirl currently has the strongest team?

I'm conflicted between Iris and Dawn, but I guess Dawn slightly wins overall.

Dawn then Iris. Mays fully evolved team doesn't impress me to be considered the strongest imo.

May. Her Blaziken is probably one of the strongest Pokémon owned by a Pokegirl, and it drew with Ash's Sceptile. And May actually was inspired by Ash's battling style, which she used for her contests, so she definitely would know a thing or two about battling.

Also, I'm pretty sure we've had a thread like this before.
    Last edited by Akkipeddi; 30th November 2017 at 5:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LilligantLewis View Post
    "Because I like BW and SM when a lot of people don't, if someone criticizes SM, even if it's a valid criticism, I will suddenly complain that no one criticized XY in the same way. I will then proceed to pretend the thread is being raided by XY fanboys even though I'm the only one who brought up XY in the first place".

Pretty sure it was this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ling-Companion

Though, it's not quite the same, but the thread more or less devolved into that pretty quickly.

In terms of strength, I'd agree on May, only because she was quite a bit more battle oriented as a coordinator, while Dawn, I would say, was more skilled with her team.

Iris, her Dragonite was able to tank an Ice Beam and Blizzard. Excadrill is arguably strong since he gave her 99 winning streak and was able to beat Drayden's ace Haxorus. Even Emolga put in work, being able to beat Stephen ace and not depend on attract. Then again Dawn is better at using strategies and combos. I'd say between Dawn and Iris.

As PokeGirl says just because May has fully evolved Pokémon (mind you we've never really seen Venasuar in action) doesn't impress me. Also Glaceon, Munchlax and Skitty are all weak to fighting, so a fighting type could basically take her team out. Squirtle barely had any impressive feats besides beating Harley's Aradios and helping Combusken in the GF (although it was knocked out most the battle).
    Last edited by AshxSatoshi; 30th November 2017 at 5:40 AM.
    "It's weird people refuse to watch BW yet hate Iris for the sole purpose that she calls Ash a kid. Her catchphrase is supposed to be ironic, she's a kid herself.

I'd say Dawn.

She's clearly better skilled in battle than any other girl even if she's a coordinator and although her team isn't fully evolved that ain't no a problem since Pokemon don't need to be fully evolved to be strong.
    In a 6vs6 battle she would either beat Iris or May. I'd say May comes in a 2nd close after her.

Probably dawn or may. Iris had 2 powerhouses in dragonite and excadrill and remaining 2 are somewhat weak. May and dawn has experienced battle tested team even though there battles are water down version of real battles.
    Favourite Characters- Ash, Serena, Lillie, Dawn, Gladion, Cilan, Brock, Cynthia, Kiawe, Lana, Lance, Alain, Steven Stone

Favourite Pokemon- Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise, Gengar, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Sceptile, Greninja, Garachomp, Infernape, Gliscor, Salamence, Arceus

Watching pokemon for 17 years, grown up while watching this show. Also liked the different characters form different sagas. I hate genwunners.

Didn’t we have a “strongest companions” thread? Anyways in a 6 vs 6 scenario it goes May > Misty > Dawn > Iris > Serena whereas in a 3 vs 3 scenario it goes May > Iris > Misty > Dawn > Serena.

EDIT: This is the thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-the-strongest
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

Ash-Greninja is Ash’s #1! (well at least until Z-move Peakachu happens)

"My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Didn’t we have a “strongest companions” thread? Anyways in a 6 vs 6 scenario it goes May > Misty > Dawn > Iris > Serena whereas in a 3 vs 3 scenario it goes May > Iris > Misty > Dawn > Serena.

EDIT: This is the thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-the-strongest
    Misty>Dawn in a 6vs6 really?
    That already tells me how serious is that thread, Lol.
    Misty's only strong Pokemon is her M.Gyarados but her other Pokemon do not have enough experience in battle compared to either Dawn's or May's.
    Unless you guys were assuming Misty's M. Gyarados can solo Dawn's team? That's not actually possible though.

Dawn. Mamoswine is amazing and that Iris battle was bull ****. They had to show the new girl was so much better than the older one... so sad Sylveon never kicked Iris' ***.
    I'd say May would be next. But we've never seen Venusaur and Wartortle in action.

Dawn>May>Misty>Iris>Serena
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Dawn. Mamoswine is amazing and that Iris battle was bull ****. They had to show the new girl was so much better than the older one... so sad Sylveon never kicked Iris' ***.
    I'd say May would be next. But we've never seen Venusaur and Wartortle in action.

Technically Excadrill could wreck Serena's entire team. I can say however, I'm glad they didn't bring back Iris in XY because watching Serena beat Iris would of been major cringe.
    "It's weird people refuse to watch BW yet hate Iris for the sole purpose that she calls Ash a kid. Her catchphrase is supposed to be ironic, she's a kid herself.

Honestly, I don't understand the overrating of Dawn's team either. She's decent, but other than her Mamoswine, and Piplup to an extent, I doubt any of her other Pokémon like Pachirisu, Buneary, Togekiss and Quilava have done anything and proven themselves in battles. And yes, I too believe Misty would beat Dawn in a 6 vs 6, given that she's a gym leader, and by that, she naturally battles more. A team of Gyarados, Psyduck, Politoad, Corsola, Staryu and Starmie > Piplup, Mamoswine, Pachirisu, Quilava, Buneary and Togekiss.

For me, it goes May>Misty>Dawn>=Iris>Serena
    Last edited by Akkipeddi; 30th November 2017 at 8:04 AM.
    "Because I like BW and SM when a lot of people don't, if someone criticizes SM, even if it's a valid criticism, I will suddenly complain that no one criticized XY in the same way. I will then proceed to pretend the thread is being raided by XY fanboys even though I'm the only one who brought up XY in the first place".

I agree so badly.
    Dragonite received alot Ice-type damage which it is supposed to be weak x4 but nothing happened.
    Ash's Krookdile uses Stone Edge and Dragonite gets beaten wft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzehiko View Post
    I agree so badly.
    Dragonite received alot Ice-type damaga which it is supposed to be weak x4 but nothing happened.
    Yet that wasn't an actual battle on Iris part. It's not like the Dawn and May battle when plot was actually on Dawn's side. Dragonite barely even payed attention to Iris during that battle and did what he wanted. Yes he was under Iris' ownership but not under her command. Also keep in mind Krookodile is/was Ash's ace of Unova and at the time Dragonite wasn't focused on the battle and was on a rampage.
    Last edited by AshxSatoshi; 30th November 2017 at 8:24 AM.

Misty>Dawn in a 6vs6 really?
    That already tells me how serious is that thread, Lol.
    Misty's only strong Pokemon is her M.Gyarados but her other Pokemon do not have enough experience in battle compared to either Dawn's or May's.
    Unless you guys were assuming Misty's M. Gyarados can solo Dawn's team? That's not actually possible though.
    Yeah and what happened the one time Dawn tried a gym battle? Right she got owned 3-1 with the only Pokémon getting a win unironically being the one that was trained by Ash (Ambipom). Maybe not a sweep but Misty’s Mega Gyarados would definitely take out half of Dawn’s team if not more because unlike May who has Blaziken Dawn doesn’t have a powerhouse Pokémon who can stand up to him 1 vs 1. Psyduck has hax powers, Staryu and Politoed are decent which by extension would also make Starmie solid. Corsola isn’t worth much though those 5 together should be able to take out at least 2 to 3 of Dawn’s Pokémon (if not more) and from that point onwards Gyarados sweeps. Gyarados was portrayed as stronger than your average Pokémon even in Base and ME has only made him that much tougher. Dawn may be a skilled coordinator but that doesn’t necessarily translate into her also being just as good in pure battles. Her team is comprised of mainly mid lvl Pokémon with the closest thing to a powerhouse being Mamoswine who was still far inferior to Iris’s Dragonite.

I agree so badly.
    Dragonite received alot Ice-type damage which it is supposed to be weak x4 but nothing happened.
    Simple: Ash’s Krookodile was just that much stronger than Dawn’s Mamoswine; is that so hard to understand?
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

Ash-Greninja is Ash’s #1! (well at least until Z-move Peakachu happens)

"My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    Honestly, I don't understand the overrating of Dawn's team either. Other than her Mamoswine, and Piplup to an extent, I doubt any of her other Pokémon like Pachirisu, Buneary, Togekiss and Quilava have done anything and proven themselves in battles. And yes, I too believe Misty would beat Dawn in a 6 vs 6, given that she's a gym leader, and by that, she naturally battles more. A team of Gyarados, Psyduck, Politoad, Corsola, Staryu and Starmie > Piplup, Mamoswine, Pachirisu, Quilava, Buneary and Togekiss.

For me, it goes May>Misty>Dawn>=Iris>Serena
    Being a gym leader doesn't make you automatically stronger than a trainer.
    Piplup and Mamoswine are strong and so are Quialava and Togekiss.
    Quilava was equally fighting Pikachu in terms of power so we can assume he's strong, he also beat a bunch of Ariados.

Psyduck, Starmie, Staryu and Corsola barely have experience in battle compared to Dawn's Pokemon. She didn't often use them so it's pretty obvious they're not strong.
    On the other hand, M.Gyarados is super strong and and Palotoad is fine, he has a enough experience so he can actually challenge any of Dawn's Pokemon in battle but the others really lack experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    Yet that wasn't an actual battle on Iris part. It's not like the Dawn and May battle when plot was actually on Dawn's side. Dragonite barely even payed attention to Iris during that battle and did what he wanted. Yes he was under Iris' ownership but not under her command. Also keep in touch Krookodile is/was Ash's ace of Unova and at the time Dragonite wasn't focused on the battle and was on a rampage.
    That's not a valid excuse. Even if Dragonite wasn't listening to Iris, that doesn't justify Dragonite getting hax endurance and being able to tank so many Ice moves from Mamoswine. And as Kuzehiko said, that very Dragonite got beaten by Stone Edge from Krookodile, so clearly for plot purposes, it got hax endurance boost against Dawn.

I don't understand why May's team is getting so much hype. Let's assume Blaziken is as powerful as people are hyping it up to be. It's one Pokémon compared to her entire team. Was I the only one watching AG when May constantly depended on meteronome and assist? Skitty and Munchlax weren't that great, despite Venasuar being fully evolved we didn't even get to see her battle and Glaceon lost to Piplup. It can be argued that that Beautifly is a good Pokémon but that's about it. The only reason May's team looks "good" is because the writers refused to let her lose Contests half of the time.

That's not a valid excuse. Even if Dragonite wasn't listening to Iris, that doesn't justify Dragonite getting hax endurance and being able to tank so many Ice moves from Mamoswine. And as Kuzehiko said, that very Dragonite got beaten by Stone Edge from Krookodile, so clearly for plot purposes, it got hax endurance boost against Dawn.
    Are you missing when Dragonite was able to tank Blizzard and Ice Beam from Langley? Also I'm pretty sure he tanked an Ice Beam from Clair's Druddigon, so it's not like him tanking Ice moves was something exclusive to Dawn's battle. Pherhaps... and I don't know... Krookodile was stronger than Mamoswine?
    Last edited by AshxSatoshi; 30th November 2017 at 8:15 AM.

Ah, nice joke. So something which doesn't confirm to your own ideals in the anime in PIS, because you don't like it. So all of Dawn wins in the Junior Cup was PIS one could say.

Or maybe Ash's Krookodile was way stronger than Dawn's Mamoswine, simple.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 30th November 2017 at 8:15 AM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Ah, nice joke. So something which doesn't confirm to your own ideals in the anime in PIS, because you don't like it. So all of Dawn wins in the Junior Cup was PIS one could say.

Or maybe Ash's Krookodile was way stronger than Dawn's Mamoswine, simple.
    Ironically if Iris didn't catch Dragonite, one could argue Excadrill could of took care of Dawn's Mamoswine.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Yeah and what happened the one time Dawn tried a gym battle? Right she got owned 3-1 with the only Pokémon getting a win unironically being the one that was trained by Ash (Ambipom). Maybe not a sweep but Misty’s Mega Gyarados would definitely take out half of Dawn’s team if not more because unlike May who has Blaziken Dawn doesn’t have a powerhouse Pokémon who can stand up to him 1 vs 1. Psyduck has hax powers, Staryu and Politoed are decent which by extension would also make Starmie solid. Corsola isn’t worth much though those 5 together should be able to take out at least 2 to 3 of Dawn’s Pokémon (if not more) and from that point onwards Gyarados sweeps. Gyarados was portrayed as stronger than your average Pokémon even in Base and ME has only made him that much tougher. Dawn may be a skilled coordinator but that doesn’t necessarily translate into her also being just as good in pure battles. Her team is comprised of mainly mid lvl Pokémon with the closest thing to a powerhouse being Mamoswine who was still far inferior to Iris’s Dragonite.
    That was Dawn at the beginning of her trip, she wasn't enough skilled as a battler compared to the end of DP.
    No, that's your assumption. We were already shown you don't need fully evolved Pokemon to beat a Mega Pokemon and How doesn't Dawn have a powerhouse? she has a Mamoswine who was fully nerfed against Iris's Dragonite. Staryu,Starmine, Corsola and Psyduck aren't even decent, they have no battle experience only than participating in tournaments that include have no battle, except by Whirl Cup. Palitoed is very decent, he can actually callenge any of Dawn's Pokemon quite well. Misty's M.Gyarados is powerful but not unbeatable. Yes, Dawn's also skilled in battle and she's also defeated Ash in battle and being equally to him and let's not forget how Ash took Dawn's contest moves and made his or when Dawn beat an Aerodactyl with Piplup and Buneary. Dawn's a better skilled trainer than Misty, that's what the show has proved us.

Simple: Ash’s Krookodile was just that much stronger than Dawn’s Mamoswine; is that so hard to understand?
    A+B=C logic doesn't work here.
    Last edited by Kuzehiko; 30th November 2017 at 8:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    Ironically if Iris didn't catch Dragonite, one could argue Excadrill could of took care of Dawn's Mamoswine.
    Probably, since it had type advantage.

A+B=C logic doesn't work here.
    And why? Because you said so. At least that's a much reasonable logic calling than something PIS with no basis whatsoever.
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post

And why? Because you said so. At least that's a much reasonable logic calling than something PIS with no basis whatsoever.
    Not because I say so, because you base on ABC logic and it doens't work that way.
    Dragonite>Mamoswine
    Krookdile>Dragonite

According to your it must be Krookdile>Mamoswine
    No. It just means Dragonite>Mamoswine and Krookile>Dragonite.
    That's ABC logic, A can be >B, B can be >C, but that does not mean A is >C, it doesn't happen here.
    So no, it doesn't mean Krookdile can beat Mamoswine.
    Last edited by Kuzehiko; 30th November 2017 at 8:57 AM.

I don't think Dawn has best pokemon team at all honestly questioning validity of this thread.

May has team of almost fully evolved pokemon, her Venusaur, Wartortle, Blaziken, Buttefly, even Glaceon all forged their experience in tough confrontations being trained frequently. Battling against in reality more challenging rivals than Dawn had accompanied with fact that May is more accustomed to raw , tough battling style regular trainers are involved into. Due to big influence Ash left on her. Yet Dawn has better team than her?

Misty on other hand has mega Gyarados with her Gyarados even in base form being incredibly powerful pokemon. Misty Politoad entered lot of battles, training during main series being one of Misty most used pokemon.

Her Staryu proved its power vs various trainers, such as defeating Marina Tentacruel with just one star attack, or taking on Molly mirage pokemon Mantine being on equal level. Despite as Brock and others mentioned Molly mirage pokemon being several times more powerful than regular pokemon,. Yet Staryu revealed incredible resistance in withstanding bubble beam and whirlpool trap turning battle in its favor.

Having high stamina and flexibility demonstrated not just in battles, but in various rescue missions too such as puling raft all by itself when original trio tried to reach North pole or when rescuing other people.

Followed by Staryu being rigorously trained with Misty using it even in most recent times. How can anyone think Misty Staryu is not strong pokemon baffles me really.

Starmie may not be seen or suggested as being among Misty top used pokemon, but Starmie has impressive versatility in number of techniques it can learn, it has great stats, its one of best pokemon to pick in competitive battling among gamers(not sure how is nowadays but in past it used to be).

Many are forgetting that Misty early left it to sisters back in Kanto with Starmie never having chance to show its full potential(heck we only saw him use two attacks not being showcased much at all), and we have no idea how often and if Misty use him now at gym. For all we know her other starfish pokemon could be powerhouse by now.

And i think Misty Corsola is unfairly underrated pokemon. It was ever since Misty caught it among her most used pokemon in late Johto. With Misty training it regularly with achievements like defeating Harrison Quilfish, Shellder, Ash Totodile and Marina Gyarados in Whirl Cup. Followed by defeating Sakura Espeon,Coastline gym leader Dorian Mantine and later Georgio Delcatty in chronicles all speaking in favor of coral pokemon.

Having great defensive and offensive abilities. However people dismiss all of that thinking Corsola is "weak". And i strongly disagree with that.

There is also Luvdisc which had no trouble defeating Butch and Cassidy Sableye and Mightiena, and while we saw it just in one episode. We cannot tell is neither weak or strong due to lack of sufficient info. But many without any evidence immediately dismissed Misty Luvdisc as joke pokemon unfairly.

And Psyduck already proved to have brutal powers being you could say Misty wild card capable of defeating just about any pokemon from other pokemon girls if conditions are fulfilled(and its psychic powers are truly impressive).

But if talking about reliable powerful pokemon, than aside from Gyarados; Staryu, Politoad and Corsola are all powerful pokemon and in my honest opinion could stand up to May pokemon tram when taking in account how much experience and skill Misty has and her pokemon from participating in lot of real pokemon battles, regular trainer ones. Let alone to Dawn pokemon team.

Or Iris who might have super powerful pokemon like Dragonite,but in general rest of her pokemon don't seem that powerful that she would dominate in 6vs 6 match vs May or Misty.

So here is what in my opinion appears to be objective list when talking about overall strength of pokemon girls full teams:
    May/Misty>Dawn>Iris>Serena

Psyduck, Starmie, Staryu and Corsola barely have experience in battle compared to Dawn's Pokemon. She didn't often use them so it's pretty obvious they're not strong.
    I don't agree at all. So just because we haven't see Misty battle on screen as much as Dawn did makes her pokemon automatically weaker? What kind of logic is that?

We djdn't saw Iris using Dragonite all that much as Dawn did her pokemon either due to just ,like Misty not receiving as much screen time as Dawn did. But does that mean Dragonite is weak? Far from it, because it was already superb strong as wild pokemon.

So classifying Misty pokemon as weak solely due to less focus they received on regular basis than Dawn pokemon did is very weak argument. In OS it was several times mentioned that Misty trained her pokemon of screen on regular basis and Corsola by default was already strong pokemon before Misty caught it with others warning her how she's up to strongest Corsola on island.

Likewise Corsola , Poliwhirl/Politoad and Staryu were heavily used from Misty side, and after returning back to gym she uses Corsola and Staryu as canon proved on regular basis. In chronicles it was proved that Misty very often picks Corsola when battling other challengers. And even to this day whenever she appears Staryu is still among her most used pokemon having HUGE amount of battling experience and power.

When taking in account not just Misty battling when she was main character, but at this point numerous battles she had/has as gym leader vs various challengers, or trainers outside the gym when on trip Misty pokemon team in general has far more battling experience(when talking about traditional battles)than any pokemon in Dawn team has honestly.

Not because I say so, because you base on ABC logic and it doens't work that way.
    Dragonite>Mamoswine
    Krookdile>Dragonite

According to your it must be Krookdile>Mamoswine
    No. That's ABC logic, A can be >B, B can be >C, but that does not mean A is >C, it doesn't happen here.
    So no, it doesn't mean Krookdile can beat Mamoswine.
    So basically you're doing mental gynmastics with no counters to my arguements whatsover.

If one Pokemon beats another Pokemon, proving it's superiority over another, and that superior Pokemon looses to another Pokemon who proves to be more superior, it's common sense that the earlier Pokemon won't even stand a chance anyway.

If 1<2 and 2<3, then how can 1 be better than 3?
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 30th November 2017 at 9:14 AM.
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast