Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ash's 6 Worst Pokemon

Default Ash's 6 Worst Pokemon

I mean, we've seen his best Pokemon time after time now, what about his worst Pokemon?

I'd probably go with:

Torterra
    Bayleef
    Totodile
    Corphish
    Butterfree
    Quilava / Noctowl

Dishonorable mentions:
    Pikachu? (Beat a Latios, Regis, but lost to a brand new trainer's brand new Pokemon somehow)
    Torkoal
    Buizel

Not sure of his BW roster onward since I haven't watched those yet.
    Hi and I am a signature. Here's my opinion's on the:

Anime: Kanto > Kalos > Sinnoh > Johto > Hoenn > Unova (Origins: 6/10)
    Movies: Johto > Kanto > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Unova
    Anime music: Sinnoh > Hoenn = Johto > Kanto > Unova > XY
    Games: GSC (HGSS included) > XY = RSE = RBGY > DPP > BW

Oshawott, it pretty much became a joke after its first few fights.
    Torterra because it lost more when it evolved.
    Torkoal because it lost alot.
    Palpatoad because it rarely battled.
    Boldore because it rarely battled.
    Pikachu because its power is bipolar as heck.
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 29th April 2014 at 7:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Every single one of Ash's Unova Pokemon that aren't Krookidile. They were all underpowered because of rotation. But how is Corphish, Bayleef and Buizel bad? They are decent, at least say why they are bad.
    Last edited by DarkLucarioADV; 29th April 2014 at 6:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CowNorris View Post

Dishonorable mentions:
    Pikachu? (Beat a Latios, Regis, but lost to a brand new trainer's brand new Pokemon somehow)
    You act like that's something new that BW did when Ash's Pikachu lost to Trip's Snivy: in BF, Ash's Pikachu beat a Regice, but then lost to an Elekid in DP. Prior to even that, in OI, he beat a Dragonite, and then lost to an Eevee at the end of OI. I'm not excusing it, but I'm just saying, Pikachu's always been inconsistent as hell.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    You act like that's something new that BW did when Ash's Pikachu lost to Trip's Snivy: in BF, Ash's Pikachu beat a Regice, but then lost to an Elekid in DP. Prior to even that, in OI, he beat a Dragonite, and then lost to an Eevee at the end of OI. I'm not excusing it, but I'm just saying, Pikachu's always been inconsistent as hell.
    You can at least owe those incidents with Elekid and Eevee as Pikachu having to deal with a trainer with experience. Paul was certainly not a pushover, and that Eevee belonged to Gary, who started his journey on the same date as Ash. What's his excuse against Trip's Snivy?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    You can at least owe those incidents with Elekid and Eevee as Pikachu having to deal with a trainer with experience. Paul was certainly not a pushover, and that Eevee belonged to Gary, who started his journey on the same date as Ash. What's his excuse against Trip's Snivy?
    Sure, but I'm just saying, it still makes little sense how he beat such powerful Pokemon like those and then lost to ones like that even if the trainer is that proficient.

That Pikachu's electricity was taken away by Zekrom, of course. Still, I do think quick attacks should have been sufficient to take down Snivy, but that's the anime for ya.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    * Inherent species weakness
    * Natural anime reset to prevent show-breaking
    * Inconsistency (due to species weakness and reflection of Ash)

Biggest reason though:

* Sh1tty writing

Honestly, I have to say that his weakest Pokemon are probably from his what-do-you-know from his BW team.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

my opinions of course

-oshawott (and I loved the little guy)
    -bayleef
    -butterfree
    -torkoal
    -pignite
    -totodile
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I personally think Ash's BW team wasn't the best but you can't deny that he had a few decent battlers like Pignite, Krookodile and Leavanny. If I had to choose, I would just make a worst five with one Pokémon from each region:

Kanto: Butterfree
    Johto: Bayleef (Even though, just like Totodile, it was my favorite Pokémon on Ash's Johto team).
    Hoenn: Torkoal
    Sinnoh: Gible
    Unova: Boldore/Unfezant (Shame because I actually love all of the Unova Pokémon in general).

I still say that Elekid is justified based on the fact that un-evolved Pokemon have been said and have been shown to be extremely strong against evolved ones (e.g. Pikachu beating Dragonite) and Paul had the experience of three regions behind him. Unless we know when Paul got Elekid, there’s no way to prove a reset or even inconsistency for Pikachu there.

Moments like Pikachu struggling against Casey’s Chikorita - in an episode that was all about contrasting her inexperience against Ash, which just makes it even more bizarre - in that Johto episode is an actual example of inconsistency because we know Chikorita was a newly-acquired Pokemon and that Casey was a new trainer who had just started out. It was the same situation with Trip and Snivy, but a much different one than Paul and Elekid or even Gary and Eevee.

But even if you do buy into the idea that Pikachu resets every generation (I would really love to see more proof of this, as far as DP is concerned, but I do accept that it happened in OS - maybe even AG, too, I really can’t remember) its successes should be enough to keep it off this list.

As for the topic itself, it’s really hard to say. The vast majority of Ash’s non-Krookodile/Pignite BW Pokemon, Torkoal (then again, it held its own against a Registeel...), Torterra (well, maybe; it did do okay against a Pokemon belonging to a member of the Elite 4, and if Torkoal can be praised for losing to Brandon’s Registeel...) could honestly go on here. If we’re also allowing released Pokemon then there’s Butterfree to consider as well.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 29th April 2014 at 7:16 PM.

Totodile, Noctowl, Oshawott, Butterfree, Scraggy, and Unfezant are the only ones that come to mind.

Meh. Ash's B/W team may not have been his best, but I still think it was better than his Johto team during that saga. His Johto team had nothing outside of Heracross and maybe Bayleef. The only Pokemon on his B/W team that ever came across as "weak" to me were the three I mentioned above. Everybody else is decent to good.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

Okay...

Charizard
    Infernape
    Oshawott.
    Unfezant.
    Palpitoad.
    Boldore.
    Totodile.
    Pignite.
    Butterfree and Squirtle if they count.

For those, they either put up really bad performances, were just plain bad, or had their wins be unnotable.

Regarding the two that were striped-through, they're jokes, in case you can't tell. But how much I'd give for those two to join that list...

Surely its any six of Ash's other 29 Tauros right? :P

I'm going list the "worst" as in my least favourite of Ash's Pokemon, since you said worst and not weakest and I'd rather list the ones I like the least. The first two of "Ash's 6 Worst Pokemon" are the same for me every time you ask me.

Torkoal - Just plain awful. Nothing about it I liked.
    Corphish - I've been told by some on this forum that Corphish is hilarious, apparently. Unfortunately I've never agreed, and out of all of Ash's Pokemon it is my second-least favourite. Nothing about it I like, but it is slightly preferred to Torkoal as at least there is a chance it might evolve someday. I'd actually like a Crawdaunt.

The other four could really change depending when you ask me. Right now I'd go for.

Unfezant - Despite Ash's Flying-types in general not being the most well-written personalities, out of all of them Unfezant is my least favourite and definitely the most forgettable.
    Boldore - What a flop! I was expecting great things from Ash's BW team, including a Trade evolution storyline with Trip's Gurdurr. I was really looking forward too it. Unfortunately it didn't happen and we were left with a team which flopped and another unmemorable Pokemon.
    Oshawott - A tough call between Oshawott and Palpitoad. Again, a case of unfulfilled potential with Ash's BW team. I was expecting a powerhouse Seismitoad and an ultra cool, Buizel-ish Dewott, but we got neither. I don't want to name both of Ash's BW Water-types, so Oshawott just edges it, as it could've really been something special, and Dewotts are so cool.
    Leavanny - Whilst I was glad Ash got a Snivy, and I was fully expected a cool, slick, sassy, female Serperior (another let down), I was delighted when Ash got his first non-Starter Grass-type, which also happened to be Bug-type. Unfortunately, it turned out to be pretty bland and unmemorable, and the sewing thing didn't interest me at all.

Those final four may be slightly harsh, but like I said, the Pokemon that make up the final four could change depending on when you ask me. On another day Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Aipom, Torterra, Gible, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy and Palpitoad could all feature, for very differing reasons though.
    Last edited by MattySadler; 11th May 2014 at 9:30 PM.

Why is Torterra in some lists?
    IMO
    Unfezant
    Palpitoad
    Oshawott
    Totodile
    Butterfree
    Scraggy

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Lets hope that XY is to Unova, what DP was to Johto. People really seem to forget, just how weak the johto pokemon were. Im pretty sure Totodile still only knows water gun, and neither Hera, phanpy, or totodile had any gym wins.

Something like :

- Totodile
    - Unfeazant
    - Oshawott (<3)
    - Scraggy
    - Boldore
    - Torkoal

Totodile was one of Ash's weakest pokemon ever. Thing never won a single gym battle.

For me it's:

Totodile
    Torkoal
    Gible
    Torterra
    Scraggy
    Snivy

Ok, I'm gonna do one from each generation:

Kanto: Muk(his contribution is beating a Bellsprout lol).
    Johto: Totodile(poor little guy was best known for dancing xD).
    Hoenn: Glalie(was caught way to late in my opinion).
    Sinnoh: Gible(did nothing of much importance and was made OP in the league for no apparent reason).
    Unova: Mijumaru(had literally no purpose except being a plushie).

Bonus Pokemon: Primape(Ash already had his disobedient pokemon for the region so he was pointless).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Meh. Ash's B/W team may not have been his best, but I still think it was better than his Johto team during that saga. His Johto team had nothing outside of Heracross and maybe Bayleef. The only Pokemon on his B/W team that ever came across as "weak" to me were the three I mentioned above. Everybody else is decent to good.
    Pretty sure Cyndaquil/Quilava was his second best Johto capture after Heracross.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Hoenn: Glalie(was caught way to late in my opinion).
    Sinnoh: Gible(did nothing of much importance and was made OP in the league for no apparent reason).
    I'm guessing this is just based on general dislike, as opposed to worse as in worst at battling. Because Glalie is easily in Ash's top 10 and was an absolute powerhouse at the Hoenn League. And Gible, as you said, was OP at the League.
    ----

I'm very surprised people are mentioning Torkoal. Maybe worst in Ash's beastly Hoenn team, but part of the six worst overall? People forget that it brought Battle Frontier leader Brandon's legendary Registeel down to its knees and almost won. I highly doubt a bunch of other Pokemon could do the same. And the writers just used blatant PIS for both Torkoal and Swellow against Tobias to lose that quickly.

Totodile, Unfezant, Boldore, Scraggy, Oshawott, Snivy, and Palpitoad were the worst.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post

Bonus Pokemon: Primape(Ash already had his disobedient pokemon for the region so he was pointless).
    charizard was still charmander during the short period primeape was on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I'm very surprised people are mentioning Torkoal. Maybe worst in Ash's beastly Hoenn team, but part of the six worst overall?
    It's not the surprising considering if you look back at it's track record, the battle with Registeel doesn't redeem it because coming close isn't good enough, a draw maybe but not "coming close"

Also for some of the Pikachu notions, i'd like to address three of them.

Pikachu didn't beat Dragonite alone, therefore losing to Gary's trained Eevee was acceptable, Brock and Tracey both even commented on how tough it looked when Gary called it out.

Tieing with Elekid was ok because Paul had a well thought out strategy, Pikachu never had it well against the Elekid line, and most of you know how I feel about how the battle with Regice's ending was.

As for Trip's Snivy, Zekrom could've messed Pikachu up more than we know, it does seem that it's starting to get that pre BW power back now, but still Zekrom did something to Pikachu that we'll never understand.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 30th April 2014 at 3:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    It's not the surprising considering if you look back at it's track record, the battle with Registeel doesn't redeem it because coming close isn't good enough, a draw maybe but not "coming close"
    But worst 6? It's better than most of Ash's Unova team. Definitely better than some of the Johto team too. It might be the weakest of his Hoenn team but his Hoenn team is either his best or second best team IMO. I'd place Torkoal in the middle of the pack among Ash's Pokemon, not close to the bottom 6.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Unfezant and Totodile are by far Ash's worst pokemon. I dare to say Unfezant takes the cake because it's a fully evolved pokemon that was severely neglected and underperformed even against a Fighting Type pokemon on its basic stage. Totodile was just disgraceful, but at least it provided fun antics to make it loveable. I don't remember the bird ever showing a sign of personality or emotion.

The other three would be Torkoal for its constant failures, Oshawott for the same thing and Noctowl for its absence battling wise during most of Johto and having a less than impressive win at the Sinnoh League.
    Last edited by Dax; 30th April 2014 at 8:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Pretty sure Cyndaquil/Quilava was his second best Johto capture after Heracross.

I'm guessing this is just based on general dislike, as opposed to worse as in worst at battling. Because Glalie is easily in Ash's top 10 and was an absolute powerhouse at the Hoenn League. And Gible, as you said, was OP at the League.
    ----

I'm very surprised people are mentioning Torkoal. Maybe worst in Ash's beastly Hoenn team, but part of the six worst overall? People forget that it brought Battle Frontier leader Brandon's legendary Registeel down to its knees and almost won. I highly doubt a bunch of other Pokemon could do the same. And the writers just used blatant PIS for both Torkoal and Swellow against Tobias to lose that quickly.

Totodile, Unfezant, Boldore, Scraggy, Oshawott, Snivy, and Palpitoad were the worst.
    Technically he said worst, not weakest. I was just never a fan of Snorunt and the fact that he was caught so late rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepiex7 View Post
    charizard was still charmander during the short period primeape was on the team
    The writers knew way before hand that Charizard was gonna be disobedient so this means nothing.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast