Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite FEMALE Pokémon character?

Default Who is your favorite FEMALE Pokémon character?

Video games don't always portray women and girls in a good or equal way, but Pokémon has a pretty good record of making good female characters, whether they're heroes or villains, good role models or not. My favorite female character (and favorite character, period) is May. As a kid, I really looked up to her; she's kind, determined, and a great older sister. To be honest, I try to channel May in real life sometimes (only half joking).

So what female did you guys look up to, or otherwise like, from the Pokémon games, anime, or manga? Please let us know why.
    Last edited by tm27crobat; 13th March 2016 at 3:02 PM.
    I have claimed Parasect

^fan fic _________________ sprites^

My favorite is Serena. I find her to be very relatable and similar to myself.

For me it's Jessie(Pre-BW). <3
    Despite being terrible at pretty much everything, she never loses confidence in herself, and keeps the rest of her team motivated too. Her personality is alternatingly badass and completely goofy, which can be pretty funny.Also she has an amazing backstory! Plus she has the coolest look of anyone on the show.
    I find her quite similar to me in many ways.
    Last edited by JessicaTR; 3rd February 2016 at 9:31 AM.

May, Dawn and Serena

My favorite is Dawn i love how she co stared with ash in DP

May.

/thread
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

May, hands down.
        Spoiler:- Trade-ables:

Misty has been my favorite. Then, May and third favorite is Dawn. I don't like Iris nor Serena. Jessie is funny, but not my favorite character. There are other characters from the animé that I also enjoyed, such as Delia, Ash's mom. My overall favorite has to be Misty, but May does find herself in a close second.
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

Dawn. I think she's good looking, and similar to Ash in some ways.

Of all of them, my favorite is Misty. I can relate to her in so many ways, and I really miss her on the show.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

Games: I like hilda best... for her design. Bianca I just loved how she developed and her character overall.

Anime: I miss duplica.. she was cool, smart, quirky. And that oi nurse joy wad cool. May & dawn where awesome leads, as May developed quite nicely though out her run, and dawn was just overall cool, smart, brave, and sweet.
    Weep, and you'll weep alone...
    ...laugh, and the whole world laughs too!

Thanks secret santa!

My favorite female Pokemon character is Serena because of her design and also because she chose a fire starter pokemon. May is a close 2nd for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Tepig Pignite Emboar 969; 19th January 2016 at 5:07 PM.

Iris easily.

Coolest team, most relateable struggles, worked hard for all her pokemon, and a really interesting back-story.

Iris.

/my 50 cents

I can't chose between Misty and Serena. Misty's dialogue was funny and her interactions with Ash, Brock and her pokemon were really interesting and original, but Serena had more character development and her goal was way better developed than Misty's. Regarding their personality and design, i love them equally.

Crossdressing James hahahahaha.
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.

Misty got the most development, but I can never pick between Dawn and May. Serena seems nice, although I haven't watched a lot of X/Y anime.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

I like Misty, May and Dawn. They were the best female characters and companions.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Definitely Hunter J. I've always preferred villain characters and the Pokemon series hadn't really had a good female villain until J, in my opinion. She was ruthless and cruel, far different from the other female villains in the series (that I'm aware of). She also used two of my favourite Pokemon, Salamence and Drapion.

A tie between Iris and May. Iris because she defeated Ash and May because she had a wicked cool team.

I'll go with Serena pre-haircut cuz I loved her clothes back then. She's decent now but I miss her old style.

Of Ash's friends I'll pick Iris simply because she owns a fully evolved pseudo legend which even my boy Ash doesn't own yet lmao.

My favorite female character is Misty/Kasumi.

Because while she could have used more development and there was left more to be desired(not surprising given she was one to break the ice with pokemon following different formula back than) i overall find her more compelling and intricate as character than most other pokemon girls.

Liking her stronger character which was filled with lot of emotions, definable traits and flaws which made her likable. Whether it was her confidence, bravery or loyalty she knew how to bring out to surface reaction from others, add balance and create colorful interactions containing fire and originality.

I enjoyed in development of friendship she achieved with Ash and Brock which became more notable over time in Johto becoming more open and compassionate toward them to the point of viewing them as new family(something she mentioned to others like Sakura while joking and inciting them out of endeavor, expressing annoyance and agitation in more subtle manner and realizing how much they mean to her. As showed in several episodes bouncing of with them and multitude of other characters in fun, unforced and humorous manner.

Or change she went through as person becoming more confident in her abilities fighting out for herself gaining sisters respect, learn to be more tolerant and levelheaded growing to accept different viewpoints from others(like Egan or Timmy) and appreciate her pokemon despite handicap achieving unique relationship with Psyduck, and became more selfreliant realizing what she wants to become and where her place is making her more enjoyable as character finding nice balance between mature and temperament, enthusiastic side.

With no other pokemon girl undergoing so much emotional and character development like Misty did( maybe Serena if she continues to grow in personality sense at end of XY). In maturing and changing a lot as person from start of her journey to how she was in late Johto and Hoenn.

That aside i liked her strong urge of taking charge often wanting to participate in various events being part of it, solve mysteries or save others and resolve conflict on her own based on what was showed with St. Anne arc, saving save other people lives such as sister from gym leader Rudy, Tracey Ash, tried to break curse from Ninetales imposed on Brock, beat Snorlax etc, etc while having interesting premise behind her goal of achieving mastery over water type, having intriguing background coming from disfunctional family being in conflict with older siblings and having lot of spirit and desire to learn as much as she can , hone skills and just have fun in friends company being realistic and deep as character.

Overall Misty was truly unique character with her underlying depth to emotions, incredible passion and adventurous energy for pokemon, battling and wanting to reach E4 level of strength. Or inherently interesting past and story which left lot more to be desired and worth to explore about. Regarding her dream of becoming water pokemon master, desire to live up to her idol E4 Lorelei, from where her fear from bugs or such deep passion in wanting to dedicate her life in training just water specie comes from. Damaged relationship with sisters with many things being left undefined or ambiguous feelings she had for Ash opening room for all that more to be done with her character.

Hoping she wont stay forever forgotten in past rightfully making long awaited return to pokemon series receiving sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    A tie between Iris and May. Iris because she defeated Ash and May because she had a wicked cool team.
    Actually aside from Iris,Misty defeated Ash too in official battle.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Actually aside from Iris,Misty defeated Ash too in official battle.
    Really?? Which episode did it happen in?

May. I liked in the anime how she was absolutely clueless in the beginning of AG (and her Torchic too) and how much experience she has gained over her journeys with Ash, Brock and Max and somewhere around the end of AG, her Blaziken could even par with Ash's Sceptile.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast