Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unintentionally Hilarious Moment in the Anime

Default Unintentionally Hilarious Moment in the Anime

Narm as defined by TvTropes is:

Quote Originally Posted by tvtropes
    Narm is a moment that is supposed to be serious, but due to either over-sappiness, poor execution, excessive Melodrama, or the sheer absurdity of the situation, the drama is lost to the point of surpassing "cheesy" and becoming unintentionally funny.
    So, what moments do you believe qualify?
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Ash's face in the XYZ dub during the "crucifixion" scene
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DankOverlord View Post
    I would have placed it earlier with Ash and Alain's first meeting. After losing, Ash literally makes a face that looks like he was relieving himself after having to hold it in all day.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

XYZ46 Dub:

'Oh Greninja'

I just can't even...
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by DankOverlord View Post
    This is the first scene that comes to my mind, as well. Ash looked like he was high or stoned, and his groaning didn't help in the least.

The second scene that comes to mind is from XY&Z43 (Japanese version; I haven't seen it dubbed), when everyone was cheering on Ash and Alain as they rushed into the megalith to rescue Chespie. The way everyone shouted, "Go!" (or some variation of it) was just so over-the-top shounen that it had me laughing.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

Let's just say every single word out of Sawyer's mouth. In Japan, he sounds like a natural ten year old, but in the dub, he sounds like my best friend while he went through puberty.

"Momentai!"

Isn't that like...all the dub?

Even Lillie's voice at 'No, look out!' which was meant to be serious and 'Are you OK?' which are meant to be taken at least somewhat seriously, but the delivery is so off on both.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Jessie's Seviper continuously coming out of its pokeball to fight a gang of Zangoos in early DP(Tears for Fears)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    XYZ46 Dub:

'Oh Greninja'

I just can't even...
    A better love story than Amourshipping
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

When Ash was upset after losing in the Indigo League and had an argument with Misty.

Spoiler:- SM:
    Credit goes to PikaWaltz

-That moment when Ash and Greninja are getting tortured but transform into Ash Greninja after Ash's speech and when Greninja has his mouth open, he looks like a duck.

-James' face when he and Jessie are looking at Giovanni being possessed in Operation Tempest

-That edit of Ash's crucifixion looks so out of place

-TR vs TP not airing & postponed eternally/being replaced by Operation Tempest yet can air the Team Flare arc 5 years later (yes I'm still salty about it)
    Last edited by satoharupika; 29th January 2017 at 11:03 PM.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Ash telling his friends to shut up in Dewford. It was so OOC and downright funny.

Steven's entrance in the TF arc. I honestly call it one of the best moments of the whole anime, but it's also one of the most ridiculous things ever in the best way possible.

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?

Pikachu's annual betrayal stunts. They happen so often that it's like a meme now...

Team Rocket getting away from the Twerps with jetpack in Best Wishes for the first time. It was just so unexpectant when you're used to see them getting zapped into the sky every episode

Torterra using Rock Climb. It was a death sentence most times it was used, so it was sad and kind of funny at the same time.

Arceus getting stuck in that cement stuff in the 12th film was oddly funny to me hee hee. For the 'god' of Pokemon to almost die that way seemed so random. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    Torterra using Rock Climb. It was a death sentence most times it was used, so it was sad and kind of funny at the same time.
    Omg, this so much. Him using Rock Climb was like Ash forfeiting the battle bwahaha!

If Ash's Pikachu can combine Iron Tail with Electro Ball then I don't see why Ash's Torterra can't combine Rock Climb with an additional move,Rock Climb looks impressive but problem is the finish of the move.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    If Ash's Pikachu can combine Iron Tail with Electro Ball then I don't see why Ash's Torterra can't combine Rock Climb with an additional move,Rock Climb looks impressive but problem is the finish of the move.
    Didn't he once swallow Energy Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Didn't he once swallow Energy Ball?
    Yeah it was a tactic that Ash used back when it was a Grotle facing Frontier Brain Palmer,but what I want to know is why can't Torterra use an additional move with Rock Climb if Ash's Pikachu can use Irontail and Electroball at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    Yeah it was a tactic that Ash used back when it was a Grotle facing Frontier Brain Palmer,but what I want to know is why can't Torterra use an additional move with Rock Climb if Ash's Pikachu can use Irontail and Electroball at the same time.
    Because wouldn't just charging towards your opponent while using Energy Ball or Leaf Storm more effective? Rock Climb not only opens yourself up for a direct hit, it also provides a height advantage for the opponent, meaning charging forward is more effective than Rock Climb. The only way Rock Climb can theoretically work is using it alongside a move like Grass Knot to first immobilize the opponent and then charge forward, and even then it gets countered by projectiles that come out of the opponent's mouth.
    ~ Limits are meant to be broken ~

Dawn flipping out when Paul didn't remember who she was.
    Credit goes to PikaWaltz

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Dawn flipping out when Paul didn't remember who she was.
    I think that was meant to be a funny scene lol

I think a more unintentionally funny scene would be Kenny making Dawn travel with him if he beats Ash in a battle, Kenny beating Ash in a battle and Dawn still going with Ash.

Even more hilarious, she didn't even tell it to his face, but left him a letter. By the time he read it, she was already gone. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Steven's entrance in the TF arc. I honestly call it one of the best moments of the whole anime, but it's also one of the most ridiculous things ever in the best way possible.
    I almost forgot about Steven's magnificent entrance, but yes, seeing him enter the fray riding on the back of his Metagross was totally over the top (and he was so nonchalant and cool about it, too, as if that were normal for him).

However, I think it was topped by the Gym Leaders' Big Darn Heroes entrance in XY&Z 42. That one actually had me nearly bust a gut laughing. It was just so...shounen anime.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast