Thread: What if?

Default What if?

Do you guys have any what if's for the anime? For me its:

What if Charizard was Ash's weakest pokemon?

Sorry if this is the same as the "If You Were in Charge of the Anime" Thread.

What if Dawn accompanied Ash to Kanto region?
    What if Dawn won Sinnoh Grand Festival?
    What if Ash beat Alain?
    What if Ash didn't damn lose to Cameron?
    What if Gary Oak didn't become Pokčmon Researcher?
    BUT the greatest one imo is What if Ash ever released his Pikachu?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzehiko View Post
    What if Ash beat Alain?
    If Ash had beat Alain he mostly likely would of lost to an E4 and SM would of still existed

If Dawn would of traveled to Kanto with Ash, she probably would of went on to challenge Kanto Contests while Ash left for Unova

If Ash didn't lose to Cameron, he probably would of won the entire league since we don't know exactly how strong Virgil really was

If Dawn would of won the Grand Festival, she probably would of went on to take Kenny's offer and travel with him
    "It's weird people refuse to watch BW yet hate Iris for the sole purpose that she calls Ash a kid. Her catchphrase is supposed to be ironic, she's a kid herself.

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    If Ash had beat Alain he mostly likely would of lost to an E4 and SM would of still existed

If Dawn would of traveled to Kanto with Ash, she probably would of went on to challenge Kanto Contests while Ash left for Unova

If Ash didn't lose to Cameron, he probably would of won the entire league since we don't know exactly how strong Virgil really was

If Dawn would of won the Grand Festival, she probably would of went on to take Kenny's offer and travel with him
    SM anime shouldn't have existed.
    Yeah, Dawn would've challenged Kanto contests for sure. I still am salty about her not going to Kanto, there were a lot of contests so I dunno why she chose the Buneary thing over Kanto contests.
    I don't think he would've won the league, he would've lost to Virgil either in the semi-final or the final.
    I disagree so badly. Isn't it supposed when a coordinator wins a GF they're already top coordinators? this is how it was told in Sinnoh at least so I think she would've dropped contests and picked another goal.

-What if Paul never released Chimchar?
    -What if Paul captured Ash's Buizel
    -What if Paul used his strongest team against Ash at the Sinnoh League?
    -What if Ash called up his Charizard before the Unova League?
    -What if Cameron made it to the Junior Cup Tournament on time?
    -What if Paul and Gary crossed paths?
    -What if Paul & Hunter J crossed paths?

What if Sorell & Verity were Ash's companions for Sinnoh instead of Dawn & Brock?

What if Ash took on the Opelucid gym in Unova and fought Iris for his 8th gym badge?

What if the big hurricane never hit Japan in 2011-2012, allowing Team Rocket VS Team Plasma to air without being completely dropped & forgotten?

What if the evil Malamar from XY was connected to Team Flare like everyone originally anticipated?

Ultra Sun Trainer Passport:

• Name: Nellie Elm
    • Staying At: Heahea City, Akala Island
    • Hometown: Newbark Town, Johto
    • Status: Prof. Kukui says he wants to use my borrow my black rock for something.
      Now I just need to catch a pokémon before the festival starts

What if SM actually used Team Skull?
    What if Team Plasma appeared before the TRvsTP special?
    What if Malamar was a part of XY's actual story?
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

SM anime shouldn't have existed.
    Yeah, Dawn would've challenged Kanto contests for sure. I still am salty about her not going to Kanto, there were a lot of contests so I dunno why she chose the Buneary thing over Kanto contests.
    I don't think he would've won the league, he would've lost to Virgil either in the semi-final or the final.
    I disagree so badly. Isn't it supposed when a coordinator wins a GF they're already top coordinators? this is how it was told in Sinnoh at least so I think she would've dropped contests and picked another goal.
    Just because you're Top Coordinator in one region doesn't mean you're one in other places.

I say he would of won the league possibly because we don't how strong Virgil was. For all we know it could of been pure luck he won against Cameron. And since we didn't even see the full battle...
    "It's weird people refuse to watch BW yet hate Iris for the sole purpose that she calls Ash a kid. Her catchphrase is supposed to be ironic, she's a kid herself.

Oh I love me some classic 'What if' scenarios hahaha...

What if Ash beat Alain?
    1.) Do you mean if Dawn just decided to go to the Kanto Region with Ash after the Sinnoh League and Sinnoh Grand Festival? If so then they probably just go there so Dawn can compete in the Kanto Grand Festival and Ash might try again at the Kanto League, but neither likely win at either option.

2.) If Dawn won the Grand Festival (As she should've imo) then she would've become a World Class Coordinator and her life would've changed dramatically. She would've had a massive fan-base, perhaps even a celebrity-like status in the contest world and she would've gone on to travel across the world to encounter other top-class contest coordinators like Wallace and compete against them. If Dawn had won, she would've continued on her journey of trying to be better and better as a coordinator but she wouldn't have done it on her own walking around everywhere etc. People would know her name and recognise her, she likely would've received a lot of PokeMoney from winning the Grand Festival and become a bit of a celebrity.

3.) If Ash beat Alain then he would've won the Kalos League. Lysandre would still enact his scheme to destroy Kalos with Zygarde, but it is debatable whether he would've actually succeeded or not in this scenario as Alain desperately believed that he needed to win the Pokemon League to help Mairin's Chespin and he has his general 'I need to win to prove myself' kind of psychological issue. If Ash had won instead and was imprisoned by Lysandre like on the anime, its debatable whether Ash would've been able to make Alain see sense or not as he would've broken down over losing the League and the revelations that Lysandre was not the man Alain thought he was. But, assuming that Ash and Co. were able to resolve the Team Flare threat, Ash likely would've just continued on with his journey elsewhere. He might've been tempted to enter the rumoured 'Champions League' until he heard about Alola and the new pokemon there, and then he would've just wanted to continue travelling the world and encountering more and more new pokemon.

4.) If Ash didn't lose to Cameron and in fact beat him, he would've gone on to battle Virgil and his Eeveelutions. If Ash was using his strongest Unova pokemon, he might've been able to defeat Virgil and gone on to win the Unova League. If Ash wasn't using his strongest Unova pokemon then he probably would've lost as Virgil was a strong trainer who knew how to think on his feet and adapt to changing battles.

5.) If Gary Oak didn't become a Pokemon Researcher, he would've continued travelling the world and competing in Pokemon Leagues. He likely wouldn't have followed Ash as the latter went to Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola in that order as Gary lost to Ash in the Johto League and that was the end of their rivalry wherein Ash proved himself to be the better trainer. The old smuggish, cocky Gary Oak had faded away when he lost to Ash and likely didn't want to risk losing to Ash again in a Pokeon League, despite wanting to battle him again. He likely would've gone on to compete in other Pokemon Leagues and Battle Frontiers, and perhaps eventually win some as, unlike Ash, he likes to keep using his older pokemon like Blastoise and Umbreon.

6.) If Ash released his Pikachu it would've emotionally destroyed him as a trainer. He might've given up on his Pokemon journey and decide to return home to Pallet Town. If not, then he would've continued on his journeys but wouldn't have won as many battles as he did in the Leagues and perhaps would've been much more sullen as a trainer without his starter pokemon and best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    1.) If Paul never released his Chimchar, he would've kept pushing it to activate Blaze and learn to control it, but without Ash's compassion and leniency, Chimchar would never have mastered Blaze or even evolved. Paul likely would've just given up on Chimchar and either released him at a later date or left him with Reggie.

2.) If Paul captured Ash's Buizel he would've pushed it as a pokemon and trained him hard, perhaps even evolved it to a Floatzel. Its personality might've changed a bit to be more hot-headed and arrogant like Paul's Electivire and Honchkrow.

3.) If Paul used his 'strongest' team against Ash at the Sinnoh League (Assuming Torterra/Electivire/Magmortar/Drapion/Froslass/Ursaring right?), then I think Ash still would've found a way to defeat him. Part of the reason why Paul used different pokemon against Ash was that Ash had developed strategies on how to defeat Paul's standard team and would've known their strengths and weaknesses etc. from previous battles. Ash's Sinnoh pokemon by this point - particularly Staraptor, Infernape and Gliscor - had grown incredibly strong and likely would've been able to handle themselves against Paul's standard team. I think personally Paul's decision to use new pokemon like Gastrodon, Ninjask and Drapion threw Ash completely off guard and as a result, half of his team were defeated and/or poisoned as a result. If Paul was using four of the same pokemon as before but with Drapion and Froslass, Ash would've felt more at ease and been able to fight better in the battle.

4.) If Ash called up his Charizard before the Unova League and used it in most of his battles, he would've fared a lot better. His Charizard would've been able to defeat the likes of Cameron's Hydreigon, Ferrothorn and Lucario with relative ease, as well as Stephan's Sawk. In short I think Ash would've fared much better in the Unova League but the writers would've still found a way to make him lose, if not win.

5.) If Cameron made it to the Junior Camp Cup on time he probably would've competed and done well but eventually lost. Ash would've seen more of his team and been able to prepare for it ahead of time in advance for the Pokemon League, perhaps securing his victory over Cameron this time.

6.) If Paul and Gary crossed paths, they likely would've gotten along. They'd both have been able to tolerate each other as mature Pokemon trainers and Paul might've even admired Gary as the grandson of Professor Oak and someone who had competed and fared well in previous Pokemon Leagues. Gary might've tried to encourage Paul to show kindness to his pokemon, like Ash did, but it wouldn't have worked. They would've battled and whoever won is debatable but I think they would've gotten along.

7.) If Paul and Hunter Jr crossed paths, Paul would've battled her and tried to stop her in her crimes of stealing and endangering trainer's pokemon and other wild pokemon. I don't think he would've been able to defeat her Salamence alone and might've needed support from someone like Ash or Gary to hold his own and not risk being killed by Hunter J's pokemon. If he had crossed paths with her when Ash did during the Pokemon Ranger Riolu arc or the Legendary Pixies arc, he might've been able to help Ash stop her and arrest her for the authorities.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

What if Ash and Charizard never bonded at OI?
    What if Pikachu was Ash's strongest pokemon?
    What if BW Ash was never dumb?
    What if SM Ash acted more like how he was in XY?

Depends on if Gary knows about Paul's "training" methods or not. If he doesn't, they still won't get along since they both have massive egos. If he does, Gary would probably hate him as much as Ash does since Gary genuinely cares about his Pokemon.
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Currently patiently waiting for my crazy theories to pan out.

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post

3.) If Paul used his 'strongest' team against Ash at the Sinnoh League (Assuming Torterra/Electivire/Magmortar/Drapion/Froslass/Ursaring right?)
    • Torterra
    • Electivire
    • Drapion
    • Ursaring
    • Magmortar
    • Honchkrow

• Torterra
    • Electivire
    • Froslass
    • Drapiom
    • Ursaring
    • Magmortar
    Fixed it for you mate . Gotta be careful with them typos; could give people the wrong idea about Paul’s best 6.
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

Ash-Greninja is Ash’s #1! (well at least until Z-move Peakachu happens)

"My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    Depends on if Gary knows about Paul's "training" methods or not. If he doesn't, they still won't get along since they both have massive egos. If he does, Gary would probably hate him as much as Ash does since Gary genuinely cares about his Pokemon.
    If this was OS Gary then I think he'd be more in the middle,if it was DP Gary then it'd be more towards Ash's philosophy.

If this was OS Gary then I think he'd be more in the middle,if it was DP Gary then it'd be more towards Ash's philosophy.
    I think Gary always had Ash's 'philosophy' of being nice to his pokemon and treating them as companions and friends, not tools. Whenever he lost battles like against Giovanni and that trainer at the Kanto Pokemon League, he showed visible concern for his pokemon when they were defeated for the sake of their health, and at the end of the Johto Saga he petted his Dodrio at Oak's Lab and showed it affection. I think Gary would treat Paul the same as Ash would, but perhaps be more controlled and less aggressive about voicing his disdain.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

lol forget about all what if-
    1 Ash releases his pikachu.

2 Ash is just going to win a pokemon league and is just a one winning shot away until he wakes up and find out that it was a dream.

3 What if ash and paul for some strange reason swap there personalities

4 What if ash evolves all is pokemn.
    Favourite Characters- Ash, Serena, Lillie, Dawn, Gladion, Cilan, Brock, Cynthia, Kiawe, Lana, Lance, Alain, Steven Stone

Favourite Pokemon- Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise, Gengar, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Sceptile, Greninja, Garachomp, Infernape, Gliscor, Salamence, Arceus

Watching pokemon for 17 years, grown up while watching this show. Also liked the different characters form different sagas. I hate genwunners.