Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the WTF moments of the anime

Default the WTF moments of the anime

I want to remind ourselves and mention those moments of the anime that leave us with open mouth and scratching our heads for a while, those moments that challenged the status quo, and the few logic of anime and game, for me the most WTF moments are: when whitney defeated ash's team with milktan, the thunder armor and when may traveled in the time

When Ash lost to Cameron.

the elesa gym match (dear lord that was a awful match)

also ash losing half of his bw team to a koffing
    Last edited by Remix2; 15th April 2015 at 5:00 AM.

When Dawn lost to Zoey in the Grand Festival by just a few points, they could have let her beat Zoey for once and to become top coordinator onscreen.

Dawn Fanclub ~Credit goes to Cresselia92~ N Fanclub

Much of Kanto, especially its early days.

Then again, that's one of the reasons we love it so!

When Ash lost to Tyson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton Ketchum View Post
    When Ash lost to Tyson.
    Don't really see how that's a wtf moment. Their teams were pretty much equally balanced with Tyson barely getting the win.

Signature Credit: The Comet

But Pikachu lost to Meowth! Pokemon, whom he much and many times to send a flight! It was with this generation, if in the previous regions losses even as it was justified, then this logic Ash's failures in leagues are dead! And may they only dare to arrange such in Kalos!!!

But Pikachu lost to Meowth! Pokemon, whom he much and many times to send a flight! It was with this generation, if in the previous regions losses even as it was justified, then this logic Ash's failures in leagues are dead! And may they only dare to arrange such in Kalos!!!
    It was a different, stronger Meowth than the one he usually beats. So idk what the issue was.

Lorde summed it up perfectly. If Pikachu lost to TRio Meowth that'd be one thing but considering Tyson's Meowth was shown to be on a completely different level to TRio Meowth, I don't know what the issue is. And before anyone claims a Meowth can't be that strong, a Pikachu shouldn't be that strong either yet it is so if Ash raising Pikachu to be a powerful as he is can fly so can Tyson raising his Meowth to be just as powerful.

Signature Credit: The Comet

When Ash fought Drake's Altaria with his Grovile.

AG - At the battle frontier when ash suddenly reverted to being rash and impatient running over to the possessed 'ho-oh' pokeball after almost the entire saga of him being more mature and reasonable.
    BW - Pikachu losing to Snivy with no explanation other than "he can't use electric attacks!" regardless of still having quick attack and iron tail.
    BW - Gym 4 - Ash suddenly trying strategies, but being completely stupid during the strategy.
    BW - Cameron.
    BW - DA!

Ash releasing goodra

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Ash releasing goodra
    Tbh I don't know why he even caught it in the first place if he was just going to release it 10 episodes later. It only seems like it was caught for the Ash and Clemont battle since his team was weak to electric attacks minus Pikachu. He should have just caught a grass type or something that can withstand electric attacks instead of catching and evolving Goomy just to release it later.

Dawn Fanclub ~Credit goes to Cresselia92~ N Fanclub

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    When Dawn lost to Zoey in the Grand Festival by just a few points, they could have let her beat Zoey for once and to become top coordinator onscreen.
    I don't think that was a problem. I know they were done with Dawn, so the same excuse that applies to Ash not winning leagues doesn't apply to Dawn and the Grand Festival, but I think it just wouldn't be right if Dawn won hers while Ash lost his. Also, why wouldn't you make the same complaint about May?

Anyways, aside from the entire Black and White series, the first thing that comes to my mind is "I caught a doughnut (rice ball...)!?"

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Biggest WTF moment for me was in the Johto episode where a Nurse Joy said she "hated" water Pokemon. I mean, I can't believe that a Nurse Joy would ever admit to hating ANY Pokemon.

Dawn never beating Zoey
    Dawn leaving the show
    Brock leaving the show
    Iris losing in the Junior Cup
    Iris leaving Kanto as soon as she got there
    Any reference to Misty

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

While the zoey battle was indeed a travesty, you do have to remember that this is a show where no one ever reaches their dreams onscreen.

Everyone is doomed to eternal failure and they try again and again only for fate to deny them the chance to move on with their lives, to find new goals, or even to age.

Unova league :s

Iris beating Ash in that best wishes tournament and him losing to Tobias in Dp.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena_san View Post
    Iris beating Ash in that best wishes tournament and him losing to Tobias in Dp.
    If your talking about the Excadrill V Pikachu one it was kinda the only option, Excadrill was already insanely powerful from beating up Dragons as a Drillbur, then on top of that, it also was immune to 2 of Pikachu's attacks and resisted the other 2.

The Sweet Honey Boss Fantasy.

Buizel challenging Dawn to capture him for some reason.

Ash Appeals -- with Buizel.

Dawn is somehow right for interrupting Jessie's attempt to legitimately capture Pachirisu.

The tinge of pity I felt when Kenny was eliminated during appeals instead of Jessie.

Jessie being eliminated from the Grand Festival in montage.

The entire Sinnoh Grand Festival, actually.

Meowth's completely unnecessary betrayal in Unova. AKA when I finally gave up on Team Rocket.

" Oh. He has a Latios. "

The fight with Meloetta got interrupted.

Ash accepts a challenge where he must end his journey if he loses ... and he loses.

Baby Nidoqueens (Mewtwo Returns)

Glass Canon Swellow taking a Thunder to the body and becomes a God.

Trip being eliminated in the First Round of the Unova League after the Junior Cup hyped him.

• Ash's Charizard losing to Harrison's Blaziken.
    • When Ash's Pikachu was able to defeat Geodude with an Electric attack with battling every rock gym leader.
    • Ash and Dawn not high-fiving each other at the last episode with Dawn in BW, like they did in the last episode of DP.
    • When Ash battled Jessie and James instead of Giovanni in the Viridian City Gym.
    • Jessie and James releasing their Arbok and Weezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena_san View Post
    him losing to Tobias in Dp.
    This too. The worst DP character beating Ash made my skin crawl.

here another one axew learning a powerful dragon move out of nowhere and never use it ever again in the series
    Last edited by Remix2; 18th April 2015 at 9:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast