Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1837

Thread: The Pokemon Anime Versus Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Medical School
    Posts
    6,226

    Default The Pokemon Anime Versus Thread

    Welcome to the Pokemon Anime Versus Thread!

    To avoid cluttering this sub-forum with a number of "Character/Pokemon X vs. Character/Pokemon Y" threads, it's best to streamline these discussions and debates into a single thread.

    Feel free to post any of your hypothetical match-ups here. Franchise crossover battles are allowed.

    Have fun!

    P.S. Remember to follow all Sppf rules.
    Last edited by Maldread; 7th March 2017 at 5:05 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'd like to see Mirror Serena vs May
    Misty vs Iris
    And Cynthia vs Alan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,107

    Default

    Cynthia vs. Diantha please, even just as a short cameo at the beginning of the next movie. <3

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waterloo ON CA
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Paul vs Brandon 6 vs 6 rematch would be intense.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    665

    Default

    I want to see Gary vs Paul in a 6v6. Both are strategic and have strong Pokémon. It's just one matchup I've always been curious about.

    Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night!
    - Also a member of Serena The Kalos Queen Fan Club, Serena4ever!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,336

    Default

    Paul vs Alain would be my dream battle cuz Paul seems like he could give Alain a hard time and possibly even win.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Medical School
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I'd like to see Mirror Serena vs May
    Regular Ash with Froakie beat Mirror Serena with Fennekin. But I guess end-stage Mirror Serena might have fully evolved mons?

    Misty vs Iris
    Dunno if Gyarados can take out both Excadrill and Dragonite.

    And Cynthia vs Alan
    Cynthia, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Paul vs Brandon 6 vs 6 rematch would be intense.
    Brandon with 3 (trained) Regis is supremely broken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel31 View Post
    I want to see Gary vs Paul in a 6v6. Both are strategic and have strong Pokémon. It's just one matchup I've always been curious about.
    Paul would probably take it, but Gary wouldn't make it easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Paul vs Alain would be my dream battle cuz Paul seems like he could give Alain a hard time and possibly even win.
    Could go either way, but MCX might cost too much to bring down.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    379

    Default

    1.Paul vs Gary Oak 3 on 3 battle

    2.Paul vs Pyramid King Brandon rematch

    3.Paul vs Alain 6 on 6 full battle

    4.Paul vs Trip 6 on 6 full battle

    5.Paul vs Sawyer 6 on 6 full battle

    6.Paul's best team vs Ash's best team

    7.Drew vs Zoey 2 on 2 contest battle

    8.Harley vs Ursula 2 on 2 contest battle

    9.Alain vs Tobias 6 on 6 full battle

    10.Alain vs Cynthia 6 on 6 full battle

    #1 Battler





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Tobias vs. Any Champion or High End Elite 4 Full Battle.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    A Noble and Just Cause
    No I Am Not Sanity Check...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Regular Ash with Froakie beat Mirror Serena with Fennekin. But I guess end-stage Mirror Serena might have fully evolved mons?
    I think she would probably have a full team of Delphox, Pangoro, Sylveon, a mega (probably Mega Absol), and two other Pokemon for her final team. Ash only won because they wanted to make him look almost perfect this series anyways.


    Dunno if Gyarados can take out both Excadrill and Dragonite.
    I think Gyarados could take out at least one of them. Maybe Dragonite since it hasn't won since it beat Dawn's Mamoswine iirc.


    Cynthia, lol.
    I figured of course. I still would like to see a match between the two though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    Tobias vs. Any Champion or High End Elite 4 Full Battle.
    I'd love to see this too.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    I'll just throw a whole bunch of matchups that could be interesting

    Tyson vs Harrison (6v6) (Tyson wins 6-4 or 6-5)
    Tyson vs Paul (6v6) (Paul wins 6-4)
    Tyson vs Gary (6v6) (Tyson wins 6-4 or 6-5)
    Conway vs Katie (3v3) (Katie barely wins 3-2)
    Conway vs Barry (3v3) (Conway wins 3-2)
    Morrison vs Cameron (5v5) (Cameron wins 5-3)

    Have fun.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Po Town
    Posts
    6,832

    Default

    Brock vs Cilan (Brock)
    Brock vs Clemont (Brock)
    Misty vs Dawn (Dawn)
    May vs Iris (May)
    Iris vs Serena (Iris)
    Cameron vs Alain (Cameron)
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waterloo ON CA
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post




    Brandon with 3 (trained) Regis is supremely broken.
    .
    Very true though with his strongest team and prep time Paul won't loose their rematch so easily. I say if Brandon restricts himself by not substituting the match could go either way.

    Tyson vs Harrison
    Shiftry vs Sneasel -> Sneasel
    Hariyama vs Sneasel -> Hariyama
    Hariyama vs Kecleon -> Hariyama
    Hariyama vs Hypno -> Hypno
    Donphan vs Hypno -> Donphan
    Donphan vs Steelix -> Steelix
    Sceptile vs Steelix -> Sceptile
    Sceptile vs Houndoom -> Draw
    Metagross vs Blaziken -> Blaziken
    Meowth vs Blaziken -> Meowth barely wins or Draw

    Tyson has a slightly better overall team but Harrison's team matches up well against Tyson's so it's hard to tell. Tyson, Virgil and Harrison are all at around the same lvl.

    Tyson vs Paul
    Sceptile vs Magmortar -> Draw
    Shiftry vs Froslass -> Froslass
    Metagross vs Froslass -> Metagross
    Metagross vs Ursaring -> Ursaring
    Hariyama vs Ursaring -> Draw (since Guts won't activate)
    Donphan vs Torterra -> Torterra
    Meowth vs Torterra -> Torterra

    Paul vs Sawyer
    Electivire vs Clawitzer -> Electivire
    Electivire vs Aegeslash -> Electivire
    Electivire vs Slaking -> Slaking
    Drapion vs Slaking -> Drapion
    Drapion vs Salamence -> Drapion
    Drapion vs Slurpuff -> Drapion
    Drapion vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
    Froslass vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
    Torterra vs Mega Sceptile -> Draw

    Paul vs Brandon rematch (assuming Brandon doesn't switch)
    Drapion vs Dusclops/Dusknoir -> Drapion (recalled)
    Magmortar vs Registeel -> Registeel
    Ursaring vs Registeel -> Ursaring (Zap Cannon = sweet surgery Guts) (recalled)
    Torterra vs Solrock -> Torterra (recalled)
    Froslass vs Ninjask -> Froslass
    Froslass vs Regice -> Regice
    Electivire vs Regice -> Electivire
    Electivire vs Regirock -> Regirock
    Ursaring vs Regirock -> Regirock
    Drapion vs Regirock -> Regirock
    Torterra vs Regirock -> Torterra barely wins

    Ash vs Paul
    Infernape vs Electivire -> (Blaze) Infernape
    Infernape vs Drapion -> Drapion
    Snorlax vs Drapion -> Snorlax
    Snorlax vs Ursaring -> Ursaring
    Sceptile vs Ursaring -> Sceptile (no Guts)
    Sceptile vs Magmortar -> Draw or Sceptile wins but gets revenged killed by Froslass
    Charizard vs Froslass -> Charizard
    Charizard vs Torterra -> Charizard

    Paul vs Gary
    Froslass vs Nidoqueen -> Froslass
    Froslass vs Arcanine -> Arcanine
    Ursaring vs Arcanine -> Ursaring
    Ursaring vs Umbreon -> Ursaring (Guts thanks to Arcanine)
    Ursaring vs Scizor -> Scizor
    Magmortar vs Scizor -> Magmortar
    Magmortar vs Blastoise -> Blastoise
    Torterra vs Blastoise -> Torterra
    Torterra vs Electivire -> Torterra

    Tyson vs Gary
    Sceptile vs Scizor -> Draw
    Shiftry vs Arcanine -> Arcanine
    Hariyama vs Arcanine -> Hariyama
    Hariyama vs Nidoqueen -> Nidoqueen
    Donphan vs Nidoqueen -> Donphan
    Donphan vs Blastoise -> Blastoise
    Meowth vs Blastoise -> Meowth
    Meowth vs Electivire -> Electivire
    Metagross vs Electivire -> Metagross
    Metagross vs Umbreon -> Umbreon

    Gary vs Sawyer
    Nidoqueen vs Slaking -> Slaking
    Arcanine vs Slaking -> Arcanine
    Arcanine vs Clawitzer -> Clawitzer
    Electivire vs Clawitzer -> Electivire
    Electivire vs Salamence -> Electivire
    Electivire vs Aegeslash -> Aegeslash
    Umbreon vs Aegeslash -> Umbreon
    Umbreon vs Slurpuff -> Umbreon
    Umbreon vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
    Scizor vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
    Blastoise vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile barely wins

    Paul vs Alain
    Magmortar vs Weavile -> Magmortar
    Magmortar vs Bisharp -> Bisharp
    Ursaring vs Bisharp -> Ursaring (Guts)
    Ursaring vs Unfezzant -> Ursaring
    Ursaring vs Metagross -> Metagross
    Torterra vs Metagross -> Torterra
    Torterra vs Tyranitar-> Torterra
    Torterra vs Mega Charizard X -> Mega Charizard X
    Froslass vs Mega Charizard X -> Mega Charizard X
    Drapion vs Mega Charizard X -> Mega Charizard X
    Electivire vs Mega Charizard X -> Mega Charizard X
    MC X takes out 4-5 of Paul's Pokémon before falling if it leads.

    Fun Ash vs Tobias with a hypothetical full team for Tobias
    Infernape vs Darkrai -> Draw (snaps out of DV and launches a final Blaze boosted Flare Blitz KOing Darkrai but succumbing to recoil damage)
    Pikachu vs Latios -> Pikachu (2 more regions of experience since SL)
    Pikachu vs Zapdos -> Zapdos
    Snorlax vs Zapdos -> Zapdos (heavily injured)
    Charizard vs Zapdos -> Charizard
    Charizard vs Entei -> Charizard
    Charizard vs Keldeo -> Keldeo (easy revenge kill)
    Sceptile vs Keldeo -> Sceptile
    Sceptile vs Mega Diancie -> Mega Diancie (easy revenge kill)
    Ash-Greninja vs Mega Diancie -> Ash-Greninja/Mega Diancie (40/60)
    The Ash for this battle will need to have his maximum willpower, creativity, skill, confidence and composure iin order to have a fighting chance.

    EDIT: I guess with these results prime (non-rusty) Gary with his best team is bumped up to an A rank trainer. Also my TOP 10 non RC/E4/FB/GL/VTM trainers are now:

    1. Tobias
    2. Ash
    3. Alain
    4. Paul
    5. Sawyer
    6. Gary
    7. Tyson
    8. Virgil
    9. Harrison
    10. Katie

    Let me know if anyone wants me to go more in-depth on a specific matchup or justify any of my results.
    Last edited by Genaller; 7th December 2016 at 6:18 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Lol Ash's Best Team is not beating a hypothetical full team (especially if it is assumed that all his Pokemon are of similar levels in terms of battling) of Tobias.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    A Noble and Just Cause
    No I Am Not Sanity Check...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waterloo ON CA
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    Lol Ash's Best Team is not beating a hypothetical full team (especially if it is assumed that all his Pokemon are of similar levels in terms of battling) of Tobias.
    It'd play out similarly to Ash vs an E4. A huge struggle for Ash but possible if he can muster all of his experience and skill throughout his journey. Tobias is at the lvl of the E4s IMO. I built Tobias's team on the basis that they're all legendaries with both type and regional diversity as well as ME capability. If you'd prefer Tobias to win, just change the last result to Mega Diancie. I do at the very least think that GPICSS could push Tobias to his last Pokémon.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Tyson has a slightly better overall team but Harrison's team matches up well against Tyson's so it's hard to tell. Tyson, Virgil and Harrison are all at around the same lvl.
    Power Ranking
    1.Paul
    2.Virgil(3 of his Eevees were still remaining against Cameron at the UL.
    3.Tyson
    4.Cameron
    5.Harrison

    Skill Ranking
    1.Paul
    2.Virgil
    3.Tyson
    4.Harrison
    5.Cameron

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Paul vs Sawyer
    Electivire vs Clawitzer -> Electivire
    Electivire vs Aegeslash -> Electivire
    Electivire vs Slaking -> Slaking
    Drapion vs Slaking -> Drapion
    Drapion vs Salamence -> Drapion
    Drapion vs Slurpuff -> Drapion
    Drapion vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
    Froslass vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
    Torterra vs Mega Sceptile -> Draw
    Paul vs Sawyer
    Electivire vs Clawitzer->Electivire
    Electivire vs Aegeslash->Electivire
    Electivire vs Slaking->Electivire
    Electivire vs Salamence->draw
    Drapion vs Slurpuff->Drapion
    Drapion vs Sceptile->Sceptile
    Froslass vs Sceptile->Sceptile
    Torterra vs Sceptile->Torterra

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Ash vs Paul
    Infernape vs Electivire -> (Blaze) Infernape
    Infernape vs Drapion -> Drapion
    Snorlax vs Drapion -> Snorlax
    Snorlax vs Ursaring -> Ursaring
    SceptileSceptile ile vs Ursaring -> Sceptile (no Guts)
    Sceptile vs Magmortar -> Draw or Sceptile wins but gets revenged killed by Froslass
    Charizard vs Froslass -> Charizard
    Charizard vs Torterra -> Charizard
    Ash vs Paul
    Infernape vs Electivire->Infernape
    Infernape vs Drapion->Drapion
    Snorlax vs Drapion->Snorlax
    Snorlax vs Ursaring->Ursaring(Bulk Up)
    Sceptile vs Ursaring->Sceptile
    Sceptile vs Magmortar->Magmortar(Flame Body)
    Charizard vs Magmortar->Charizard
    Charizard vs Froslass->Charizard
    Charizard vs Torterra->Charizard(Barley)

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Paul vs Gary
    Froslass vs Nidoqueen -> Froslass
    Froslass vs Arcanine -> Arcanine
    Ursaring vs Arcanine -> Ursaring
    Ursaring vs Umbreon -> Ursaring (Guts thanks to Arcanine)
    Ursaring vs Scizor -> Scizor
    Magmortar vs Scizor -> Magmortar
    Magmortar vs Blastoise -> Blastoise
    Torterra vs Blastoise -> Torterra
    Torterra vs Electivire -> Torterra
    Paul vs Gary
    Froslass vs Nidoqueen->Froslass
    Froslass vs Arcanine->Arcanine
    Ursaring vs Arcanine->Ursaring
    Ursaring vs Umbreon->Ursaring(Even without Guts)
    Ursaring vs Scizor->draw
    Magmortar vs Blastoise->Blastoise
    Torterra vs Blastoise->Torterra
    Torterra vs Electivire->Torterra

    #1 Battler





  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Could go either way, but MCX might cost too much to bring down.
    MC-X is sweeping Paul's team without breaking a sweat.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!


    Imgur.com

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    MC-X is sweeping Paul's team without breaking a sweat.
    MCX vs TEDUMH ???

    #1 Battler





  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    MCX vs TEDUMH ???
    MC-X defeated ten Megas in a row including an E4 member. The only hope Paul can have is teaching his Froslass Destiny Bond.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!


    Imgur.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    MC-X defeated ten Megas in a row including an E4 member. The only hope Paul can have is teaching his Froslass Destiny Bond.
    ME and E4 varies in power but whatever you say man.

    #1 Battler





  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    MC-X is sweeping Paul's team without breaking a sweat.
    And the XY circlejerk continues.

    Will Paul beat Alain? Maybe, maybe not. Alain might edge out, but Paul is not getting swept, even if Alain decides to lead with Charizard.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLazyEyes View Post
    And the XY circlejerk continues.

    Will Paul beat Alain? Maybe, maybe not. Alain might edge out, but Paul is not getting swept, even if Alain decides to lead with Charizard.
    LOL!

    I understand that you are underrating Mega Evolution, but don't underrate MC-X. That thing is a proven God. We know that it did defeat ten Mega Evolution trainers in a row including Malva. It swept through the majority of the opponents in the League, defeating Ash-Greninja finally who even gave the Champion's Mega a serious trouble. Paul just can't stand a chance against it.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!


    Imgur.com

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    LOL!

    I understand that you are underrating Mega Evolution, but don't underrate MC-X. That thing is a proven God. We know that it did defeat ten Mega Evolution trainers in a row including Malva. It swept through the majority of the opponents in the League, defeating Ash-Greninja finally who even gave the Champion's Mega a serious trouble. Paul just can't stand a chance against it.
    MCX is strong, don't get me wrong, but it's not a God. You can take it down just like any Pokemon. It did sweep the majority of the league, but we don't even know the level these trainers are at, and chances are no one is even near Paul's level. Electivire, Ursaring, and Torterra is probably enough to trade even with MCX, and then it's up to Drapion, Honchkrow and Magmortar to clean up, which doesn't look pretty for Paul, but it's doable. Point is, a sweep is not happening.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    LOL!

    I understand that you are underrating Mega Evolution, but don't underrate MC-X. That thing is a proven God. We know that it did defeat ten Mega Evolution trainers in a row including Malva. It swept through the majority of the opponents in the League, defeating Ash-Greninja finally who even gave the Champion's Mega a serious trouble. Paul just can't stand a chance against it.
    MCX is pretty much 2 Ash Charizards put into one,1 Ash Charizard is capable of taking out at least 2 of Paul's best pokemon so that means MCX is only capable of taking out 4 of Paul's best pokemon.

    #1 Battler





  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLazyEyes View Post
    MCX is strong, don't get me wrong, but it's not a God. You can take it down just like any Pokemon. It did sweep the majority of the league, but we don't even know the level these trainers are at, and chances are no one is even near Paul's level. Electivire, Ursaring, and Torterra is probably enough to trade even with MCX, and then it's up to Drapion, Honchkrow and Magmortar to clean up, which doesn't look pretty for Paul, but it's doable. Point is, a sweep is not happening.
    Don't know how you are saying that. What about MC-X defeating the ten ME trainers including Malva. I just can't see how Torterra, Drapion or Electivire can even trouble it. MC-X can probably just tank anything with its amazing endurance. So I can't see why a sweep can't happen.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!


    Imgur.com

Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •