View Poll Results: Which Character Needs More Character Development?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash

14 42.42%
  • Clemont

13 39.39%
  • Bonnie

4 12.12%
  • Serena

12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Character Needs More Character Development?

Default Which Character Needs More Character Development?

Which character do you believe needs more screen time to develop? I'd personally say the entire cast. I'd say Ash. Almost 900 episodes and we still don't know any side of him, but the pokemon trainer side.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Serena and Misty. I feel both could develop more, but it looks like Serena will have some nice development by the time XY ends.
    Misty needs to be developed more as her character started going somewhere by the end of Johto.

I say Clemont deserves it the most imo.

Obviously Bonnie since she has 0 development thus far...

Of the 4 I think Clemont needs it the most cuz he has a goal that we've barely seen him work on. ^^;

Well...Clemont is the one who needs it the most in the sense that he is the weakest character, but Ash definitely needs it more overall, as he is the main character.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Chespin

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    but Ash definitely needs it more overall, as he is the main character.
    He's gotten like hundreds of episodes worth of development though.

James and Meowth. They haven't had an episode to themselves in forever. Jessie had the Doctor episode AND the Gourgeist episode for development. They've gotten zilch.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    But I don't think any of them changed his character permanently. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    James and Meowth. They haven't had an episode to themselves in forever. Jessie had the Doctor episode AND the Gourgeist episode for development. They've gotten zilch.
    Why do they need development when neither have hobbies or goals worth expanding on.

Noibat. He's only had the focus of two episodes, his introductory epsiodes, and since then has only been seen out of his Pokéball occassional either at meal times, alongside Talonflame when Ash has been looking for someone who's gotten lost, or using his echolocation to find something in a dark cave. He's even yet to have a battle. We know Noibat's only a baby, it would be nice to see him grow. And it would be a shame for him to evolve to a Noivern without any development or growth as a Noibat.
    This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple.

By Ivy the Snivy

Clemont's Heliolisk

With little to nothing to show for it. I wouldn't say he needs it the most, necessarily, but he's definitely the most overdue for it. U.N. Owen already covered why.

Quote Originally Posted by Klorence Blue View Post
    Clemont's Heliolisk
    He isn't part of the cast though lol. His owner might need development though.

I'd say any of Ash's current companions needs more development. I know people will say Ash needs it more, but he'll be around till the end and will have opportunities for development after Kalos. Serena and Clemont don't have that opportunity since they will be gone at the end of Kalos

Ash just needs better as a character period. He's a very boring main character. Though tbh, I lost interest in his character after hoenn.

Clemont seemed to do well... in the beginning.

Bonnie would be nice to see develop, but would be hard to do, since she can only do very little atm.

Serena... Just the same problem as ash imo.
    Weep, and you'll weep alone...
    ...laugh, and the whole world laughs too!

Thanks secret santa!

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I'd say any of Ash's current companions needs more development. I know people will say Ash needs it more, but he'll be around till the end and will have opportunities for development after Kalos. Serena and Clemont don't have that opportunity since they will be gone at the end of Kalos
    Serena has gotten lots of development tho, so I think she's been handled well enough.

Of the humans I'll vote Clemont. I don't think the writers will ever do anything new with Ash at this point. Bonnie doesn't need character development exactly. Serena is the only character who has really gotten any kind of character growth/evolution among the XY cast, so she's good for the most part. That leaves poor Clemont. I don't know what more you can do with him, but of the choices on the list I pick Clemont.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

Quote Originally Posted by HoundoomFan View Post
    Bonnie would be nice to see develop, but would be hard to do, since she can only do very little atm.
    They should just make her an official trainer already.

They should just make her an official trainer already.
    But she's not ten yet. That would be illegal.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

But she's not ten yet. That would be illegal.
    Yet we've seen much younger trainers before...

Yet we've seen much younger trainers before...
    I don't remember any characters who were Bonnie's age and were trainers. ^^;

We've seen a few like that Eevee kid from Kanto who seemed to be around her age.
    I'd say he was almost certainly older than Bonnie. Whether or not he was younger than Ash is debatable. Regardless, he may have had his own Pokemon, but he wasn't setting off on a journey to be a trainer. Eevee was more of his pet than anything else, like Bonnie and Dedene

Check it out!

Eevee was more of his pet than anything else, like Bonnie and Dedene
    But the situations are different since the kid actually owned his Eevee while Bonnie doesn't own Dedenne...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast