Thread: Odd Heights for Pokémon *Spoiler Warning*

Default Odd Heights for Pokémon *Spoiler Warning*

Is Braixen really taller than Serena? I guess it ended up being the tallest middle stage starter! Usually they only go up to about the waist or chest.

Anyway, are there any Pokémon with odd sizes which weird you out?

Braixen isn't and shouldn't be taller than Serena.

There's always weird size inconsistencies in the anime, I remember once Ash's Gliscor was a little smaller than him; and then when it was training for the Sinnoh League it was nearly Mamoswine's size.

Don't forget, these are likely ~10-year-old kids, so Ash and co. probably aren't that tall themselves.

Braixen looks about right to me, considering Braixen is pretty big for a middle-staged starter to begin with. Recently, the only size inconsistency that stuck out to me was that Grumpig from the Sliggoo evolution episode that was about as tall as TR when Grumpig is normally 2'11 or so.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Don't forget, these are likely ~10-year-old kids, so Ash and co. probably aren't that tall themselves.

Braixen looks about right to me, considering Braixen is pretty big for a middle-staged starter to begin with. Recently, the only size inconsistency that stuck out to me was that Grumpig from the Sliggoo evolution episode that was about as tall as TR when Grumpig is normally 2'11 or so.
    Giant Grumpig! DX

Maybe it was going to be an Emboar, but then they remembered it's native to Unova.

Well then again this is the anime where talking about here so pokemon can probably be different sizes and I think it's only in the games where they can only be a certain size with a few exceptions although I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Is Braixen really taller than Serena? I guess it ended up being the tallest middle stage starter! Usually they only go up to about the waist or chest.

Anyway, are there any Pokémon with odd sizes which weird you out?
    I think Serena was more down to Panchams level in one of the screenshots so that she could get into a group hug with Braxien and Pancham.

~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

I still cant get over brock's crobat size, it towered over all of them when it evolved and that was kind of scary when it first happened.

I think the shot was just awkwardly posed is all, Serena was kneeling down to hug pancham, while Braixen was standing up straight to hug Serena's head.

Bulk-up/minimize palpitoad was also kinda cool.

Sorry, had to edit the title since it was visible even to people who avoid the Spoilers section that Fennekin was gonna evolve.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Note: Please only reply to infraction PMs if you 1) have follow-up questions, or 2) seriously intend to contest the infraction, instead of merely complaining about or making fun of it, providing no elaborate counterarguments whatsoever. While I appreciate apologies or promises that "it won't happen again" and the like, they too fulfill no purpose except for cluttering up my inbox. An honest effort to avoid further rule-breaking is much more worth than a one-line PM saying you're sorry anyway. Thanks!

You should check out ash's staraptor.

It goes from being the size of a pidgey to being almost as big as charizard

Talonflame was smaller then people expected.
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.

JD's screenshot looks about right to me.

I figure the Main Characters are around 5' and that bipedal Pokemon are measured from the the bottoms of their feet to the top of the head; not including ears/horns/leaves/accessories that might sit on top of their head.

-- but since it was established that Anime Sizes vary pretty greatly between individual Pokemon it's kind of moot to use the Game Pokedex to approximate their size and weight.

They're as big as the Plot demands they should be.

I cackled seeing Staraptor change sizes throughout DP, but that's all that comes to mind imo.

I think some of the anime Pokemon's sizes actually make more sense that the sizes they're given in game. Charizard for example looks at least 6-7 feet in the anime but is only supposed to be 5'07. Sorry, but a fire breathing dragon Pokemon should not be barely taller than me, it should tower above me. J's Drapion and Salamence also stand out to me cause they're both huge (about 7 feet I'd guess) compared to game Drapion and Salamence which are supposed to be 4'03 and 4'11 respectively. Again, the thought of a giant scorpion monster and dragon being smaller than me is ridiculous. Alexa's Noivern as well. It was clearly taller than her when it was supposed to be 4'11 so unless Alexa is unusually short, Noivern is not 4'11.

IMO GF didn't really put enough thought into the sizes they gave some Pokemon. They look much better and more reasonable in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I cackled seeing Staraptor change sizes throughout DP, but that's all that comes to mind imo.
    Drew's Roselia.

I compared two Gogoats and they are both another size. Alexa's Gogoat seems bigger than Ramos. Also, Georgias Ursaring seemed bigger then usual, same as Nandos Armaldo and Kricketune. I think its the same with humans, that the one is taller then the other.
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.