Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best XY episodes as of now? *Spoilers*

Default Best XY episodes as of now? *Spoilers*

Hey people. I wanted to talk about what are your favorite episodes of this series. I think the best ones are episode 2, where Ash saves pikachu by falling off a building, episode 6 where he manages to beat Viola, episode 19 where there is an evil Malamar, episode 21 because the shipping was funny, episode 36 because fletchlin finally evolves, and lastly my favorite: Just the latest episode, episode 37. I loved to see the mirror versions of everyone and how ash is on his own again. It felt so freaking cool. Ash episodes tend to be my favorites.

And as for the future, the summer arc sounds really interesting, because I want to see how the game characters are in the anime and the kanto starters are the best. Also it's worth noting that I can smell shipping from here all the way there.

My personal Top 5 of XY so far are
    1. XY036- A Sky Battle!? Luchabull vs. Fiarrow
    Great episode. Fletchling got some great development and a cool evolution. Serena did something and Bonnie stole the show with the focus she got as well.

2. XY014- Seeking Shelter From the Storm
    A more touching episode. I felt pretty sad for Espurr and seeing it bond with Bonnie was cool.

3. XY002- Lumiose City Pursuit!
    An action packed episode which was a great way to start off XY. Hope we get more action packed episodes soon.

4. XY025- Climbing the Walls!
    A good gym battle. Ash's counter strategies to Rock Tomb and Draco meteor were a nice bit of tactical analysis and Fletchling even got used as a scout. Grant was a good challenge and Ash definetely stepped up to it.

5. XY029- Heroes-Friends and Faux Alike!
    TRio was pretty awesome in this episode. Their plan this time was non-conventional but creative and smart, and Clemont got some shining moments. Plus the growing bromance between Ash and Clemboy.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

The season has been ¤decent¤ so far.

i really liked when Ash met Serena, when fletchling evolved, the Espurr episode, and the vivilion episode.

me and DLM have about the same list TBH.

XY002 - Lumiose City Pursuit
    XY003 - A Battle of Aerial Mobility
    XY005 - A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle
    XY006 - Battling on Thin Ice
    XY009 - Clemont's Got a Secret
    XY019 - A Conspiracy to Conquer
    XY025 - Climbing the Walls
    XY027 - To Find a Fairy Flower
    XY035 - The Forrest Champion
    XY036 - Battles in the Sky!
    XY037 - The Cave of Mirrors!
    Last edited by Kalos Adventurer; 27th August 2014 at 7:05 PM.
    Opinions on:
    The Anime: AG > OS > BW = XY > DP

English Dub:
    4Kids/TAJ Productions (Seasons 1-5) = 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 6-8) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin) >
    TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Seasons 14 - 16) > TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Season 11-13) > TPCi/TAJ Productions (Season 9-10) >
    TPCi/DuArt Film and Video (Season 17)

The Games: BW > ORAS = RSE > B2W2 > XY > GSC = HGSS > DPP > FRLG = RBY

Pokémon: The Origin: 65/100 (Mediorce)

The Movies: AG > OS > (Prediction) XY = BW > DP

My favorites, have been said by most of these posters already, but I liked the Rhyhorn episode, the first two episodes in Lumiose, Clemont taking his gym back, and some more. So despite me putting this series as the worst series IMO, I do like some the episodes like these.

Now if only we can get more Mirror World episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Adventurer View Post

XY002 - Lumiose City Pursuit
    XY003 - A Battle of Aerial Mobility
    XY005 - A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle
    XY006 - Battling on Thin Ice
    XY009 - Clemont's Got a Secret
    XY019 - A Conspiracy to Conquer
    XY025 - Climbing the Walls
    XY027 - To Find a Fairy Flower
    XY035 - The Forrest Champion
    XY036 - A Sky Battle?! Hawlucha VS Talonflame
    XY037 - Reflection Cave! Ash of the Mirror World and Ash?!
    Actually this is pretty similar to my list if you add more episodes tbh.

Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 9
    Episode 17
    Episode 20
    Episode 25
    Episode 32
    Episode 36

Those ten are my favorite episodes I would say.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Hmm...my favorite episodes of XY so far...

The two-part premiere
    Decisive Battle on Ice! Pikachu VS Vivillon!
    Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!
    Spooky Shelter! Espurr Watches You!!
    Chespin VS Delphox! Diet Battle!?
    Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!
    Madame X's Evil Plot! The Terrifying Malamar!!
    The Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Grant!!
    The Cyllage Gym Match! Pikachu VS Tyrunt!!
    Enter Champion Dianthe! Mega Gardevoir in Mist!!
    Lucario VS Blaziken! The Cave of Trials!!
    Mega Lucario VS Mega Lucario! A Storm of Aura!!
    The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!
    A Sky Battle?! Hawlucha VS Talonflame!!

These are the episodes in XY I've seen so far that I genuinely enjoyed. The ones in italics are the ones that struck a special chord with me. The ones in bold are episodes that were only decent, but had some good moments that made me think they deserve an honorable mention.

At least so far, the one that's #1 on my list is "Chespin vs. Delphox! Diet Battle?!" for Clemont's characterization throughout.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 2nd August 2014 at 1:34 AM.

Episode 10 and 15.

All of the others are pretty subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Episode 10 and 15.

All of the others are pretty subpar.
    Knowing you, I don't even have to look those up to know they are the Chespin episodes.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Knowing you, I don't even have to look those up to know they are the Chespin episodes.
    I had a hunch about that too. Looked the first one up and I was like classic LizardonX. Though tbh I do like the little guy. I hope him and Bunnelby get some more focus after the Summer Camp arc.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

mine is the mega evolution special! seeing alain and mega charizard x was fantastic, I feel it is by far the best episode of the whole series of pokemon.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

My favorite episodes so far are:

Lumiose City Pursuit! (Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!)
    A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (Froakie VS Fletchling! Air Maneuver Battle!!)
    Battling on Thin Ice! (Decisive Battle on Ice! Pikachu VS Vivillon!)
    Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (Leave it to Serena! Rampaging Rhyhorn Race!)
    Clemont's Got a Secret! (Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!)
    Seeking Shelter from the Storm! (Spooky Shelter! Espurr Watches You!!)
    An Appetite for Battle! (Chespin VS Delphox! Diet Battle!?)
    Awakening the Sleeping Giant! (Wake Up Snorlax! Battle in Parfum Palace!!)
    A Conspiracy to Conquer! (Madame X's Evil Plot! The Terrifying Malamar!!)
    Breaking Titles at the Chateau! (The Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Grant!!)
    Pokévision of Things to Come! (Time to Debut! PokéVision with Serena and Fennekin!!)
    Climbing the Walls! (The Cyllage Gym Match! Pikachu VS Tyrunt!!)
    To Find a Fairy Flower! (Flabébé and the Fairy Flower!)
    Heroes - Friend and Faux Alike! (Ta-da! A Fake Ash Appears!!)
    Lucario VS Blaziken! The Cave of Trials!!
    The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!
    A Sky Battle?! Hawlucha VS Talonflame!!

These are my FAVORITE episodes. I have enjoyed other episodes quite a lot too, but if I had to pick my faves, it'd be these episodes.

My top 10 would be : these are not in order,and I have other episodes that I enjoy,but these are my top ten.

XY 02
    XY 03
    XY 06
    XY 09
    XY 15
    XY 19
    XY 25(The Tyrunt Battle)
    XY 32
    XY 35
    XY 36

The next episode might end up pushing XY 32 out of my top ten.

for me it probably must be xy 36
    Good thing is I'm going to watch Hibike Euphonium until the end

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

None of them, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose XY009 because it at least had some decent character development for Citro (Clemont).
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! - Bonnie/Clemont come into play in one of their first regular focus episodes. Clemont gets a new Pokemon and shine against TR, the animation looked pretty, Dedenne manages to be an interesting capture and addition to the team, the overall aura was great and we just got to see the newly formed group sort of lax and acting fun around each other. Bonnie's first focus episode is simply great.

Battling on Thin Ice!
    - A great first gym for XY, Viola's characterization, great training scenes, great actions, nice battles, Serena's pretty great characterization wise, Alexa is great, the Pokemon were great and the animation was still pretty fantastic and it sets the pace for future Gym Battles nicely.

Clemont's Got a Secret! - Great development episode, excellent battle, everyone got to try to contribute, showed off the dynamic between the characters, specifically Ash/Clemont, Bonnie/Serena, Clemont/Bonnie very well. Meyer and Clembot manage to be entertaining as a new addition and shows off his relation to Blaziken Mask making him an interesting character to speculate on, sets the pace for the future match finely.

Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! - Chespin is a great addition, we get Sycamore reappearing, TR not being complete plot devices and feelings like they had an overarching purpose, Clemont's Pokemon's lack of strength is treated as an issue, Blaziken Mask continuity and Meyer reveal, great interactions between pretty much eveyone.

An Appetite for Battle! - Great character development and Chespin/Clemont bonding, focus episode. Pretty animation and characters designs along with art, the COTD manage to be entertaining, Delphox was great, Clemont got some fleshing out in a great way in the sense we learned how quick to jump to the worst conclusions he is. Chespin grows up a bit. The thing I loved about Chespin too is that its reaction was mutual, it returned the favor by bravely rejoining the fight under Clemont’s control, even while overweight and now fearless.

A Jolting Switcheroo! - Bonnie flaw acknowledgement, Bonnie greatness. Bonnie's character along with some interesting COTD taking focus. Dedenne focus too.

Awakening the Sleeping Giant! - Princess Ally was great, the personality we saw from everyone was great, Clemont especially took focus here, Parfum Palace appeared and the animation was nicely done. Especially on Pikachu in a lot of scenes, amusing little filler.

A Conspiracy to Conquer! - Great intro episode, antagonist introduction even, nice Pikachu focus, nice way to set up a possible Flare introduction, also an interesting villain appears in Malamar. TR were very good here.

Breaking Titles at the Chateau! - Battle Chateau focus/exposition, great moments from Bonnie and others, Viola and Grant's relationship was very entertaining, nice set up for the future Grant battle.

The Strongest Mega Evolution: Act I - Alan/Manon are great, action is great, Pokemon are great, really amusing moments, great fleshing out of Alan from the point he appears, I really want to emphasizeeee how great Manon was, Siebold was good too. This special was a treat.

To Find a Fairy Flower! - Very good Bonnie episode, her best imo, great Bonnie episode as expected, she was cute and fun as always. I liked her heroic moment with climbing the mountain to get the Fairy Flower for Flabebe. She goes to place Dedenne and her bag with Serena and bravely scales the mountain and the music of it and all was so victorious and all. She really shined the best in this episode, her moments with Flabebe were fun, I liked how when she returned Flabebe she didn’t throw a fit or cry like a baby. She was mature and returned the Pokemon she was bonding with nicely and neatly. They could have shown her in a more immature light like how Max was angry that his dad lost and stole the badge and ran away, but that didn’t happen. She carried herself well, oh, and Bonnie VS. hair was amusing.

Heroes - Friends and Faux Alike! - TR were good here, Clemont was really good here and showed himself as feeling guilty for his actions and making good on them, Bunnelby fought even if it was against TR. Clemont JUST ROCKED here, he built a machine that absorb freaking attacks! He was truly the star of this episode and TR worked very well here.

Mega Revelations! - Great introduction, nice battle, nice look into Korrina and Lucario's characters and motives, nice way to start off an introduction episode. Korrina proves to be very interesting and her interactions with Ash were cute at times.

The Cave of Trials! - MY FAVORITE ANIMATOR ANIMATED THIS EPISODE BEAUTIFLY! Nice little Clemont Easter egg, great Korrina action and focus, Gurkinn was great in personality, it showed Korrina as a great trainer.

Mega Lucario VS. Mega Lucario! A Storm of Aura!! - Character development incoming in 3...2...1... MY FAVORITE XY episode. Hands down, Korrina character development, more fleshing out, showcasing her flaws, showing her as great in personality, showing her weaker side. This episode was definitely where I feel we saw Korrina at her weakest. We also saw Lucario's issues being addressed, explained, tackled and ultimately lead to Korrina being called out, broken and receiving a firm tongue-lashing from her grandpa, the person whose foot steps she aims to be following on and it quickly moves her character and arc. forward, showing the reverse of what Korrina had been portrayed as up until this point.

Hearts Calling Out to One Another! Go Beyond the Aura!! - Korrina weakness, Clemont helping toward that and pplaying a part in her arc., Korrina and Lucario growth but not perfecting their issues, great look into Lucario and Korrina's bond more. Nice grim ending with showing Korrina couldn't fix her problems easily.

Mega Lucario VS. Mega Kucheat! The Bonds of Mega Evolution!! - Another Mega Pokemon, Maple was amusing, great battles, finish greatly for Korrina's arc., Korrina learning something, Korrina's Lucario fixing its issues, a myriad of great development for both. All of that issue with Aura leading to Aura Sphere was just perfect.

Sky Battle!? Luchabull Against Fiarrow!! Great characterization from Bonnie, showing from Fletchling intems of personality - something it had lacked for most of XY -, some great Pokemon moments, nice action and music. Big downside was the forced and DEM win.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 3rd August 2014 at 5:14 AM.

In no exact order, my Top 6 would be:
    1. An Appetite for Battle- This was one of Clemont and Chespin's strongest episodes. Not only did it show off their personalities, but it shows how close their relationship truly is. Plus, I loved how the battle ended in a draw due to Wiley throwing his back rather than Delphox obliterating Chespin, or Chespin winning via Deus-ex-Overgrowina
    2. Heroes: Friends and Faux Alike- I have to admit, when I first heard the premise of this episode, I literally cringed at the concept since I hate episodes where the main characters are framed and I made jokes about how my eyes will never be unclean when seeing Team Rocket in their disguises. But I have to say this episode is almost at the same level as OS and this has to be the most original & ingenious plan Team Rocket's come up with since the Nimbasa City scandal. Not only were their impressions of Ash and the others spot on, but it shows tons of character development for them as well as Clemont. Plus, Inkaychu was one of the best things the anime has ever come up with
    3. Climbing the Walls- The battle was pretty good, though part of the reason I enjoy it so much is because I added music from the games and AG during several scenes via Garageband & iMovie
    4. Mega Evolution Special 1- I'm one of the few fans who aren't sick of Ash, but it's nice to get a breath of fresh air for once, and this episode is definitely it. It's a good focus on mega evolution, it shows that the world of the anime can be serious, and it freakin' shows Team Flare
    5. Mega Revelations- I'm putting this in the bottom since it hasn't aired in English yet. But still, this was a great episode to introduce Korrina and shows off plenty of personality for her and Lucario. I'm anxiously awaiting to see this episode next Saturday, especially since I can't wait to see who Korrina's VA will be
    6. Ash Through the Looking Glass- Same reason as Mega Revelations as to why it's on the bottom, but it was still a good episode despite the fact that they still could've done more with this Mirror World concept. I still love seeing the Mirror World counterparts of Clemont and Serena

Honorable Mentions

1. Kindergarten Chaos- I've mentioned countless times how I hate the fact that the dub adds too much original music and takes out a lot of the great music from the RAW version, but this episode has my absolute respect since it finally has (as close to) a happy medium between the dub and RAW score. Plus, unlike To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler, this episode's dialogue doesn't feel blocky or choppy and actually sounds like real people are really talking (something we've rarely seen since the 4Kids dub & Sinnoh)
    2. Breaking Titles at the Chateau- The battle with Viola and Grant was great (though I added the anime's version of the regi battle music in this scene), it had pretty good foreshadowing and exposition, and the COTDs Nico & Chester were for some reason entertaining and cringe-worthy at the same time
    3. Kalos: Where Dreams and Adventures Begin- It was a nice way to start off the series rather than having Ash start off in Vaniville Town like in the games, and I still get Goosebumps when hearing the Lumiose City and Kalos region themes when watching the series preview
    4. Battling on Thin Ice- Seven Words: The Sticky Web Sticky Wicket Whacker Wonk
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 4th August 2014 at 6:19 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Walking around the city after Prof. Sycamore said I should leave the lab for a while
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Pretty much all of the Bonnie focused episodes, the 1st 2 episodes, and the Malamar episode. Pretty much everything else has been either boring or anticlimactic, like all the Serena focused episodes, if you can call it that since she has to share her screen time.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

personally, I like the Trainer Video Episode. I don't know what It's called but I like how serena Is trying to express herself. While watching this episode I also wondered how Ash was gonna react to Serena's Vid. Unfortunately he only said something like "I like it" :/

Only 3 episodes, really: XY009 (Clemont-centered), XY027 (Bonnie-centered), and XY037 (Mirror World).

Apart from these episodes, I can't say I'm very impressed at all with this Series so far.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 27th August 2014 at 11:00 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I'll just list my favorite XY episodes here.

XY001 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!
    XY002 - Lumiose City Pursuit!
    XY003 - A Battle of Aerial Mobility!
    XY005 - A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle!
    XY006 - Battling on Thin Ice!
    XY007 - Giving Chase to the Rhyhorn Race!
    XY008 - Grooming Furfrou!
    XY013 - Kindergarten Choas!
    XY014 - Seeking Shelter from the Storm!
    XY018 - Awakening the Sleeping Giant!
    XY020 - Breaking Titles at the Chateau!
    XY021 - A PokéVision of Things to Come!
    XY025 - Climbing the Walls!
    XY027 - To Find a Fairy Flower!
    XY031 - The Cave of Trials!
    XY035 - The Forrest Champion!
    XY036 - Battles in the Sky!
    XY037 - The Cave of Mirrors!
    XY038 - Forging Forest Friendships!
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

My favourite ep was the one where Ash was losing to Team Rocket and Serena and Fenniken stepped in and...wait, that never happened.

Okay, how about when Iris swoops in after winning the Unova League to...wait, that has not happened yet.

I'll just say ep 2 and 18. Those were okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Okay reviving this thread:
    I think that the best epiosdes are:
    Clemont's got a Secret-Good character development for Clemont

A Campus Reunion-Another good Clemont Dev. Episode and he gets a new capture

Serena's First Capture-Serena finally gets her first capture here and she finally begins practising for her goal.

Malamar vs Inkay!!A bond that Saves the World-Great moment between Inkay and James that shows the great bond between them.

Hawlucha vs Dark Hawlucha-The only entertaining filler so far.

Ninja Art Showdown!Frogadier vs Barbacle-The curse is broken.

Protect the Future of Science!The Labyrinth of Electricity!!-Not the main plot in itself but I LOVED how the it opened up with the flashbacks plus TR were really good in this one which is unusual for them in XY. Clemont temp. departure scene was really good and slightly emotional also.

Fennekin vs Braixen!A gorgeous performer battle!!-Great Serena character development and Fennekin evolving with the flashbacks shows that it also is starting a new future. Plus the surprise debut of Shota was also great!

Aim to Become Kalos Queen!Serena's Grand Debut!!-Okay THIS IS HAND DOWN my favourite episode of XY and maybe my favourite in a long time the emotional scene where Serena cut her hair was executed PERFECTLY and the flashbacks just before the cutting scene showed that she was putting her past back and starting a whole new future ahead of her.

Notice how there are all from the last 15 episodes that's because I didn't really like the episodes during the first half of XY and most of them were boring imo.But the episodes have really improved in quality recently(though it might go downhill again).
    Last edited by hihosilveraway; 14th March 2015 at 3:13 AM.

All of them
    "You're Honor, I move that Dragon Ball GT be stricken from the Record."
    "Sustained!"

Honestly, XY has been doing great lately, XY2 has already surpassed XY1 tenfold for me, since XY1 was honestly pretty godawful aside from the first 9 episode, and only really got good around Hawlucha's capture.

Id say xy 1-9, XY 14 and XY 35-current is worth watching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast