View Poll Results: Which companion do you prefer?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer Soji!

5 22.73%
  • I prefer Makoto!

17 77.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Kanto companion do you prefer?

Post Which Kanto companion do you prefer?

Hey guys! I was just really curious about something! I know a lot of people have different opinions, but I wanna hear how people feel at this moment.

So which of the two Ash's travelling companions from Kanto do you prefer, Soji or Makoto?

Makoto for me. I find her character description interesting and I like her personality and character design.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Makoto for me. I find her character description interesting and I like her personality and character design.
    Hmm, but I also think Soji has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Hmm, but I also think Soji has potential.
    That is true too. Both have some potential
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto

Why isn't none an option?

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Why isn't none an option?
    Because that would defeat the purpose of thread. I'm asking you to choose one, not neither.

Both look lame, but I'll select Makoto. She's the lesser of two evils.

I chose Makoto. While I am really intrigued by Soji's desire to be a Pokémon Researcher and him having a Lucario as a partner since he'll be more than just a smart guy but Makoto just felt more appealing. Her appearance makes her look like a girly girl who's energetic and clumsy (kind of like Bianca) with a cute Pokemon but in reality, she's masculine and has issues she tries to hide by putting up a front. I feel like she'll be really relatable if her reason of her "loving" adventures is in fact her actually feeling insecure being away from home far away and not being prepared for when unexpected things happen. Well she'll be relatable in some parts generally but I just love how her voice isn't that feminine. She sounds like a firm tomboy. She's like Iris in a way, she's mysterious and she'll be proving herself. Her Piplup (fell in love with her Piplup by the sound of her voice) seem a bit tired so far. I wonder why she chose Piplup as her partner.

I hope they show more footage of them on Pokenchi.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

I think it's way too early to say anything about either of them. All we have are short descriptions and a few seconds of footage.

Now, if we're purely judging off of Pokemon, I really like Lucario, but I really dislike Piplup, so there's that.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

For news, reviews, info on my games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon, including pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Join us as we celebrate Ash's 20th 10th Birthday!

I prefer Makato of the two personally. She looks like she's going to be an energetic and lively character from her design and I always like those types of characters. In addition to her design, I'm very interested in where her backstory leads to and how she met Ash and Soji.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

I chose Souji because it reminded me a little of Cheren and, well, it was a shame that he did not have a good participation in the anime.

I pick Makoto due to the mystery implied from her summary.

Also, this thread could be misleading. Before I clicked I thought the Kanto companions were Brock and Misty
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Makato. She's cute, interesting looking, and looks like a fun character. Plus she looks like Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa's relative, it's the same hair and eye color.
    I'm just getting Sawyer vibes off Shoji and I hate Sawyer..... plus he has Lucario and I hold a grudge against him as that stops Ash from doing so. I just want ONE version of Ash with it, he better have Primeape at least if they aren't giving him Lucario.

I prefer Soji's design.

Makoto...she's got some sort of secret and Soji just seems rather generic smart anime guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

I like Makoto, although since she's exclusive to the new film, it's hard to get too attached to her since she won't have much time in which to develop. :[

I'll have to see them in action before I know for sure which one I like best, but for the time being... I think I'll go with Soji. (Even if he does own the fifth or sixth major Lucario in Pokemon's TV history.)

Souji reminds me of Cheren from Black & White 2 in a way, so I think he's my personal favorite at the moment.

Of course more people pick the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Just the way it is. Plus, she's got the secret that people want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Her character sounds interesting; it appears she's hiding something

Not really sure at this point. Both seem typical but I will have to go with the girl, I guess thats Makoto. I can see more of her personality and she seems like a companion Ash would be traveling with. I also kinda like her design its looks original. The boy seems like that angry serious has some "deep" backstory type lol.

At first I thought they were both girls xD

I'm not sure what you're implying here, but Makoto is a lot more interesting than Soji at the moment not only because people do not tend to gravitate towards serious types of characters, but also because her description hints that she has a secret.

Isn't too early yet? Maybe you would change your opinion after watching the movie.
    No Pokémon is cuter than Eevee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast