Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best of...

Post Best of...

This tread is about the best pokemon, move, set, or item.
    Please include why you think this.

Example: choice scarf is the best item for a few reasons.
    One reason is slow pokemon can out speed a conter, or a check.
    A bad part is you can only use one move forceing you to swich out often.

And please keep this competive, no "magikarp is best, nuff said".

All rules are active here, thank you.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Magikarp is best, nuff said.

I would vote that the best item is leftovers, working well with bulky offensive pokemon, stallers, supporters, and substitute, helping the pokemon last longer.

Best pokemon is Arceus, Swords Dance+STAB extreme speed, shadow claw to hit ghost.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Best item beith the Life Orb IMO. Excellent attack boost, and gives more choices than CB.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Best item beith the Life Orb IMO. Excellent attack boost, and gives more choices than CB.
    Though not as many pokemon can use it effectively as they can with leftovers. It also reduces HP, which might not be helpful with sandstorm and entry hazards running around. It's still a good item, I just won't call it the best.

Leftovers for sure
    that thing works with almost anything

Yeah my first tread!
    On topic,
    I think leftovers is the best, with life orb and choice items almost as good. It custions entry hazards and weather damage. It work well with almost any pokemon. It can make bissty much harder to kill,(unless you have a phiscal move).

deosys-s is the best with leads right now. He can set up a whole bunch of hazards, and will taunt you before you can taunt him.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

The best lead is wimsiscott, for it can do a proity traunt, and use sleep powder or leech seed. It can use dual screens. It may not be the strongest, but it is the best. Feel free to disagree.

Best Pokemon is Mewtwo. Instead of Arceus, Mewtwo is not a jack of all trades, but a sweeper, and he has the stats for doing that excellent. Faster then Darkrai, much bulkier then Deoxys-A and an excellent movepool. Nuff said.

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

^agreed
    Best move, earthquake. Large distration, nice power, 100% acc. The down side is that levativers and flying type avoid it.

Well, the items you can't really discuss which item is better since they suit different pokemon. Best move, HYPER BEAM!!!....Jk. Earthquake and Close Combat are the best. Scald is pretty useful too.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Best Ability: Magic Guard, as a pokemon with it can always reliably switch into statuses, and is not bothered by any entry hazards or weather which may be present.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/262s83s.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

Rate my Team, DeoChi!

hmm, ability depends on a pokemon as well

Moxie for instance is great for a physical sweeper like Gya, but on a Porygon-Z... well you get it :3

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Speed Boost is one of the best abilities around! You get top speed in only 2-3 turns! Sadly, most of the speed boosters out their aren't excactly great since most lost their most needed moves like Blaziken and Thunderpunch. Ninjask is only good for batonpassing... Never the less, it's a great ability!

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Best move in the game is Stealth Rock, hands down. You're averaging ~200% damage throughout the opponent's team in most games, getting really important specific kills when using offense teams, damaging really important threats when using stall teams, and in general doing a ton of damage in games against people using more balance oriented teams that require a fair amount of switching.

The best attacking move is probably close combat. It has a 120 base power, higher thann earthquake, ice beam, psystrike, judgement, etc. Unlike flare blitz it does not cause HP recoil, unlike draco meteor or superpower it does not cause a stat drop on an offensive stat, and unlike hammer arm it doesn't lower speed, therefore any fast attacker using it does not have to worry about lowered offensive capabilities. Also unlike thunder or focus blast it has 100% accuracy, and doesn't require any charging/weather/condition to work, unlike solar beam, hurricane, or brine.

Quote Originally Posted by Latias_ View Post
    The best attacking move is probably close combat. It has a 120 base power, higher thann earthquake, ice beam, psystrike, judgement, etc. Unlike flare blitz it does not cause HP recoil, unlike draco meteor or superpower it does not cause a stat drop on an offensive stat, and unlike hammer arm it doesn't lower speed, therefore any fast attacker using it does not have to worry about lowered offensive capabilities. Also unlike thunder or focus blast it has 100% accuracy, and doesn't require any charging/weather/condition to work, unlike solar beam, hurricane, or brine.
    Close combat is a good move, but it makes your pokemon a target for priorty moves and revenge killers. Overwise it is the best fighting type move.

And assassin9399 you do have a valid point.

I agree that magic guard is the best abillty with inntemadate and trace 2nd and 3rd.

The best ability would be Wonder Guard. I don't think that needs explaining...
    Best Pokemon is Mewtwo. Instead of Arceus, Mewtwo is not a jack of all trades, but a sweeper, and he has the stats for doing that excellent. Faster then Darkrai, much bulkier then Deoxys-A and an excellent movepool. Nuff said.
    But Arcues has STAB extreme speed, and swords dance to boost it. Mewtwo's best stat boosting move is calm mind, which is good, but not as good as Arceus swords dance. With extreme speed, it can outrun even Swellow's quick attack(which is fast).

best item id say definatly leftovers i dislike life orb and commonly use expert belt in its place + i dont like the idea of multiple choiced pokemon on a team

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Best stat up move, quiver dance. Like a speial dragon dance, with the added effect of rasieing sp.def. That makes you bulky for another round of stat up.

the best ability is moody. Just imaging sygigilph with it, with protect and sub and stored power. Its smeargle all over again.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Best ability is wonder guard. Try to argue against that.

Although "best" is debatable, I'd have to say that the Life Orb is the most game-changing item yet. Before it came along in 4th Gen, a sweeper had to go with the move-restricting Choice Band if it wanted power, or just run Leftovers and forgo the extra power. The Life Orb brought forth a great power opportunity for sweepers everywhere that, at the cost of a little HP, gave a 1.3 boost to ALL of their attacks. This item separated the men from the boys; more specifically, it drew a hard line between bulkier sweepers and frail, powerful ones. It has also defined wall breaking, giving Pokemon like Salamence and Infernape the ability to use that power boost and destroy common walls in OU. Coming in at a close second would be a tie between the Air Balloon and Choice Scarf. The Air Balloon has given Pokemon like Heatran the ability to shutdown and kill Pokemon that otherwise would take them out with ease, and the Choice Scarf has changed revenge killing enormously by giving different Pokemon the ability to outspeed even boosted threats and kill them off, giving many Pokemon a distinct niche.

For move, I'd have to agree with Eevee that Stealth Rock is the most influential, but I'd have to also give a shout-out to Substitute. Subbing on the switch is incredibly useful for easing prediction, allowing you to scout for their switch-in and do some damage before moving on. It also helps by blocking status moves and is an invaluable asset to Pokemon like Gliscor and those utilizing SubSeed.

The best ability...that's a tough one. Magic Guard is incredibly useful and very powerful, the main reason why Reuniclus is OU. Magic Bounce is similar, very useful and powerful AND is the reason why Espeon with Baton Pass gives so many people so many headaches. But I'd have to say that the auto-weather abilities are the best, mainly in that they're the most influential. They have honestly done a lot to shape the metagame at this point, and there are plenty of countermeasures that people have used on their teams to beat weather.

The best Pokemon is Blaziken, no need to explain that.

Well, I guess I've covered that.

jesusfreak94, you are right about there being no truly 'best' item. It you opinon on the subject. Your post was very well writen.

Zachmac, it is hard to argue agansit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Blue Dragon View Post
    Best stat up move, quiver dance. Like a speial dragon dance, with the added effect of rasieing sp.def. That makes you bulky for another round of stat up.
    Coil could tie on that.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    You're not bringing people with poor grammar to concentration camps and gassing them, are you?

Spoiler:- Misc. Pokemon things:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast