View Poll Results: Which Nintendo Land game are you looking forward to the most?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donkey Kongs's Crash Course

1 3.45%
  • The Legend Of Zelda Battle Quest

6 20.69%
  • Luigi's Ghost Mansion

0 0%
  • Mario Chase

4 13.79%
  • Metroid Blast

11 37.93%
  • Pikmin Adventure

3 10.34%
  • Other

4 13.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Land

Default Nintendo Land

As the Wii U is nearing release I have been getting more excited about the Wii U's equivalent to Wii Sports... Nintendo Land! I am particularly looking forward to the 'Legend Of Zelda Battle Quest' game as Zelda happens to be my favourite game series It would be interesting to hear which game you are looking forward to the most?
    Friend Code X/Y: 5413-0119-2660
    IGN: Ryan
    Friend Safari: (ROCK)
    Check out my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/RyIsBored
    Mega Wishlist:

I don't have a Wii U yet, but I'm looking forward to Mario Chase the most. It looks like a fun game of tag and I'll have a good time playing it with family & friends. Honestly, I can't wait to play all the attractions Nintendo Land has to offer (specifically the multiplayer ones, though I'm sure I'll enjoy the single player ones as well).

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I like it. I find it more fun then wii sports tbh

Metroid Blast looks kind of neat, but aside from that the game doesn't seem too interesting. The only reason I'll be getting it is because I'm getting if for free with the Deluxe bundle.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

No Pokémon = I'm not interested.

To be honest, none of the minigames really grab my attention, and since I don't have many family members and friends to play with, Nintendo Land will be pretty useless for me.

This is surprisingly more fun than I thought it'd be, though I need to get a pal to try out the multiplayer games

Kinda curious about all the prizes

I really love this game, with the zelda, pikmin, and metroid attractions being the best.

I really hope we get some DLC attractions for series like Kirby, Kid Icarus, Earthbound/Mother, Golden Sun, Star Fox, Pokemon, and maybe some others

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I really hope we get some DLC attractions for series like Kirby, Kid Icarus, Earthbound/Mother, Golden Sun, Star Fox, Pokemon, and maybe some others
    Unlikely. If they were going to add stuff like that as DLC, they would have made it public by now and used it as a selling point.

Considerably more likely is a sequel incorporating new attractions, the sort of thing they can charge full price for.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Unlikely. If they were going to add stuff like that as DLC, they would have made it public by now and used it as a selling point.

Considerably more likely is a sequel incorporating new attractions, the sort of thing they can charge full price for.
    To build upon this, they also listed the only use of the Nintendo Network to be the Miiverse on the game box itself.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

It looks good from the gameplay I've seen but contrary to their description that it includes "Ninitendo's biggest franchises", they've left out Pokemon.

Yes, it's a different situation because technically Game Freak own the rights to it and not Nintendo, but it still feels a little empty.

I think the list of notable omitted franchises makes it clear that the intentions of the game didn't strictly include representing everything in the stable.

-----
    Words to|live by

What other 'notable omitted franchises' are there, just out of curiosity?

I think the list of notable omitted franchises makes it clear that the intentions of the game didn't strictly include representing everything in the stable.
    Precisely. This game is simply there to show off the basics of the game pad while advertising Nintendo's first party titles. I guess F-Zero gets some questioning in that case. The need for a variety of franchises and a fast paced game?

Anyways, this collection of minigames doesn't satisfy me and I only got it because I bought the pro bundle. Sadly "Not for Resale" is on the back of the case in bold letters. At least my little brother enjoys it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    What other 'notable omitted franchises' are there, just out of curiosity?
    Kirby, Star Fox. Maybe Fire Emblem?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Precisely. This game is simply there to show off the basics of the game pad while advertising Nintendo's first party titles.
    The ownership distinction has nothing to do with it. For all intents and purposes, Pokémon is a franchise in Nintendo's stable, even if, yes, it doesn't belong to them wholesale as their other staples do. It simply clearly didn't fit into this particular game, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I guess F-Zero gets some questioning in that case.
    There's nothing about F-Zero that makes it anything less than 100% Nintendo-owned.

-----
    Words to|live by

Kirby, Star Fox. Maybe Fire Emblem?
    I see. Well seeing as some of the very lesser-known titles have been represented in the game such as Game and Watch Octopus and Nazo no Murasame Jō (in the ninja castle shuriken throwing game), I wonder if Nintendo came up with the gameplay concepts of the attractions first and then selected franchises which would have best fitted them or just selected franchises and then developed gameplay around them. Most probably the former, I can't see why on earth Nintendo would leave out the likes of Pokemon or Kirby otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Most probably the former
    Given that the game needed to serve the purpose of demonstrating the different ways in which one can use the GamePad, almost certainly.

-----
    Words to|live by

I'm actually enjoying this game a lot, and I'm trying to get all the Platinum Trophies before Christmas. I have 5 Platinum trophies but I'm stuck on getting the Platinum Trophy on Yoshi's Fruit Cart. I just reached Gate 47 a few minutes ago but ran out of fuel for my cart, getting a game over with some 1,300 points and a Gold Trophy. How many points do I need to get a Platinum Trophy on that minigame?

I really like this game. The difficulty level for certain attractions is perfect. The Pikmin and Metroid games are two of my favourites, though the Zelda, Mario and Animal Crossing ones are great too. I've currently got fifty-six prizes.

My brother and sister and I love this game! My favorite attraction is the Pikmin one. I think they tried on that one to get people who didn't know about Pikmin to like it, since the last game in the series came out in like 2004. My siblings' favorite is Mario Chase, which is also very fun.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Really loving this game. I've played it a lot and I like all the attractions. Hard for me to pick a favorite, though I've been playing Battle Quest, Pikmin Adventure & Metroid Blast a lot, as well as the solo attractions. Haven't played the Competitive ones a lot because my brother doesn't feel like playing them too much.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Just acquired the game for Christmas, got the 3+ updates, including the 4 hour one to start, out of the way, and I say it's worth it in the end. On my own, I enjoy playing the Solo Quest on Link's game, a little bit of Ninja Star, and the trolling I get from Donkey Kong's Crash Course. With my sister, I enjoy scaring her as a ghost in Luigi's Mansion, tackling her down with the guards in the Animal Crossing thing, and throwing her into a pit in Pikmin's game. I'm really having a blast, especially with the beautiful graphics Nintendo now has.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

It's a very fun game to come bundled with the console. I like it quite a bit, it has its own little charm to it.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

My favorite attractions are the F-Zero one and the Zelda one. They're both so intense! And they use the game pad well.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

I like Pikmin adventure the best. It's fun to throw my friend at monsters when I'm playing multi-player. xD
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Hard for me to pick a favorite honestly. I haven't been playing the solo attractions that much, but I enjoy Metroid Blast, Zelda Battle Quest, Mario Chase and a few others. I played some Pikmin Adventure with my brother today and we beat the last extra stage.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast