Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

Default Paper Mario Series

Paper Mario (Mario Story in Japan) for the Nintendo 64, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Paper Mario RPG in Japan) for the Gamecube, Super Paper Mario for the Wii and Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Paper Mario: Super Seal in Japan and Paper Mario: Super Sticker in Hong Kong) for the 3DS!

So, is anyone excited for the Paper Mario: Sticker Star? I'm definitely excited for it.
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 20th February 2013 at 1:20 AM.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Yeah I am probably the biggest Paper Mario fan on Serebii. I've played the first and second seven times, and the third three times. I am planning to do a replay of all of them the month before the 3DS game comes out.

I am somewhat excited, but it seems more easier and kiddish than usual. I am also not quite 100% sure how it's going to turn out since I've found portable games to lack more effort than console games. But I trust Intelligent Systems, who have never let me down even after the complete change of gameplay in Super Paper Mario, which was still great. And I am really hoping Paper Mario doesn't get worse like Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story after Superstar Saga. Don't get me wrong, those games are still good but they can't compare to Superstar Saga. However, pretty much every single Paper Mario has been almost equally as good, even Super Paper Mario which was a bit worse. But I respect Intelligent System's attempt in a change and I am kinda hoping for a SPM sequel.

Anyway, back to the 3DS game, I prefer waiting so the game gets better. Like I would have preferred if Brawl was postponed another few months. As much as it would piss me off, I think it would have made the game better. However, I'm kind of getting a bit frustrated in the lack of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Anyway, back to the 3DS game, I prefer waiting so the game gets better. Like I would have preferred if Brawl was postponed another few months. As much as it would piss me off, I think it would have made the game better. However, I'm kind of getting a bit frustrated in the lack of information.
    Lack of info? We actually know a lot about the game. Many different places, a few items and a few partners. We also got a trailer last month for the game. It hasn't had a lot of promotion, like Super Mario 3D Land & Mario Kart 7, though those games are coming out this year. Paper Mario 3DS is coming out next year.

I've played TTYD & SPM, though hopefully I'll decide to buy Paper Mario for the N64 off the Virtual Console soon. It looks really cool.

White 2:

But...when next year? I say around the fall but I am really hoping before summer.

And we don't know anything about the story, and we only know like two partners. And why is it in some areas Mario doesn't have his partners?

Also we lack information about its release date other than its sometime next year. A specific DATE would be nice.

2 partners? where did we see them?

I remember seeing a Toad following Mario, but it seemed more like a tutorial Toad, since it had nothing to set it appart from other toads, and that silver crown guy, but I think it's gonna be somthing like how Eldstar was in Paper Mario (The guide to starting you up in your adventure, plus IMO it would suck if we get 7 pixel style parners again, I prefer it when they flesh out other existing species in the Mushroom world as partners as opposed to small charecters that will never again fit in).

But I'm just Biased because TTyD had the best Partners imo.

Imagine if they redid PM with TTYD styled GFX, Battle interface and everything, that way, Partners arn't useless if they get attacked.

That's 3 partners confirmed then. A Toad, a crown resembling creature, and a Chain Chomp (hooray, hence my user name)!

From the few clips out there, it seems like the battle system has gotten an overhaul in some areas. Otherwise, it remains the same. Also, they could change it and go back to the old battle style at anytime. To top it all off, we might prefer this change. We're going to have to wait and see.

Anyways, adore this series. Super Paper Mario might have strayed from the other entries but it was an excellent twist on a traditional platformer. The newest entry being on the 3DS is great. Don't believe me? Go onto the eShop channel on the 3DS, download the Paper Mario video, and watch it in 3D!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. One of the best games ever. I've played though it like 3 times, it's so amazing. Doopliss is one of my favorite game villains ever, it took me forever to finally figure out how to get to the real boss fight against him and by then I hated him sooooooo much it felt great to beat the crap out of him.

Super Paper Mario was fun but compared to TTYD it's kinda bad, too short and easy not to mention the last level was pure torture.

Question. Where was the crown partner shown? I've heard of it but never actually seen it

I love the first paper mario the most. I have played through it a little more than 20 times. That takes commitment. TTYD just did not spark an intrest in me and the pixles killed SPM for me. They are both good games but i just dont like them as much as the 1st one. The 3DS one looks like it will be good. It will probably be my 2nd favorite paper mario.
    3DS-FC->2406-5157-1570

credit to ShinySandshrew^

Credit to draya the dark master^

The crown partner was revealed in a trailer from the Nintendo Conference last month. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7C58WI94VE

I also saw a lot of other interesting things in the trailer, like at the beginning, was Peach wearing the crown partner? I also saw a lot of items placed on the environment as stickers. You see the crown partner at 0:50.

So far this game looks very interesting and I like the new things it brings. Stuff like the fan looks to be helpful.

White 2:

im exited for paper mario 3ds i have only played the wii one but it was fun.

I love Paper Mario. But I'm very worried about this game; they seem to be changing all the gameplay elements. :/
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I love Super Paper Mario Wii, i'm still trying to get to the 99th floor in that tower.

I, too, am looking very forward to Paper Mario 3DS. I've played each of the other three Paper Mario games and love them all. If I had to give a favorite, I would say that The Thousand Year Door was my favorite, primarily because of the atmosphere and all of the little things in the game, particularly Rogueport. You know that when you see an introduced character telling you about the place you're in while two crime syndicate enforcers are shaking down some rival criminal guy in the background, the game is going to be special.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Can i ask, if i have never played PM before should that be a problem if im planning on buying the 3ds version?
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

I freaking love this series, it's an amazing twist on the Mario series. I've beaten the first one, almost beat the Thousand Year Door, and beat Super Paper Mario a couple times (and beat the pit of 100 trials, both of them). Super Paper Mario was certainly a different style from the others, since there were no "battles" that characterize the other games. I'm not really sure which style I liked better; battles were nice, more challenging, and gave the feeling of a traditional RPG, but made me discouraged to fight enemies. Without the battles, it was much more fun to beat enemies since it wasn't so time-consuming, but it was much easier. I haven't done a lot of research into the new one, so I'm not sure what style it's going to be in.

^ Click this for good times ^

The 3DS game will be normal RPG style, just a bit tweaked. So it's not drastically different like the third one was. But when can we say this game will come out?

The 3DS game will be normal RPG style, just a bit tweaked. So it's not drastically different like the third one was. But when can we say this game will come out?
    All we know is 2012. Nothing beyond that, so I'd wait for E3 2012, or earlier, for a more specific release date, though I doubt we'd get that information this year.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    I love Paper Mario. But I'm very worried about this game; they seem to be changing all the gameplay elements. :/
    What do you mean? If anything, they seem to be going BACK to the style of the first two games.

2012, likely within the fiscal year so probably within the first 3-ish months. Probably around the same time as Kid Icarus (assuming it doesn't get delayed again), Animal Crossing, and Luigi Mansion. Maybe Mario Tennis

Though this also assume it isn't delayed, of course.

Ah, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Super Paper Mario. All great games, but I liked the first two more than Super Paper Mario, although Super Paper Mario did have a decent storyline.

I imagine I'll be playing through them again before Paper Mario 3DS, another Nintendo 3DS game I'm definitely getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Snivy View Post
    Can i ask, if i have never played PM before should that be a problem if im planning on buying the 3ds version?
    Not at all, they have no continuity in story, only the minor cameo here and there. Pick it up, it's one of the most innovative RPGs out there. The original is also downloadable off of the Wii Shop Channel for 1000 points.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    What do you mean? If anything, they seem to be going BACK to the style of the first two games.
    The original screenshots with the Chain Chomp did suggest that. But the recent screenshots and videos are something else entirely.

-No partners (apparently)
    -Stickers instead of badges
    -Stickers instead of pretty much everything else
    -No action commands
    -The battles look completely different.

Why can't we just have a normal Paper Mario game like N64 and TTYD? The original Chain Chomp screenshots looked like that, and I got all excited. Now it looks like a totally different game.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    The original screenshots with the Chain Chomp did suggest that. But the recent screenshots and videos are something else entirely.

-No partners (apparently)
    -Stickers instead of badges
    -Stickers instead of pretty much everything else
    -No action commands
    -The battles look completely different.

Why can't we just have a normal Paper Mario game like N64 and TTYD? The original Chain Chomp screenshots looked like that, and I got all excited. Now it looks like a totally different game.
    It could just be that parts where Mario is alone, he would usually have a partner, but they're just showing us it without the partner. We'll have to wait until next year to be able to tell if some things are different.

White 2:

I friggin love Paper Mario. Some of the best games I've ever played. I played Thousand Year Door like 10 times, and Super Paper Mario only once, but I've beaten the 100 floor tower, and all that jazz. It's such a good game. There is nothing wrong with it.

However the new game looks like it's aimed for kids. I'm gonna be a bit deppressed if there were no partners (and hopefully we can get Luigi earlier and not lose him for Dimentio and Mr. L's boss fight) but if there are partners, this game will be exceptionally good.

Pokemon X Round 2

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast