Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    However the new game looks like it's aimed for kids. I'm gonna be a bit deppressed if there were no partners (and hopefully we can get Luigi earlier and not lose him for Dimentio and Mr. L's boss fight) but if there are partners, this game will be exceptionally good.
    The game does have partners. I guess they just want to show some scenes with just Mario in them. We have seen partners in the game, so don't worry.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    The game does have partners. I guess they just want to show some scenes with just Mario in them. We have seen partners in the game, so don't worry.
    That and the game is still in development, they could add the action commands and partners in later.

Spoiler:- Also, might I remind every one that the Nintendo 3DS has:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I am definitely excited for the new Paper Mario. The games were my favorite of the Mario series, and I can't wait to find out the story for this one. (Trailers don't give much of a clue about it) :O

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Not really. Every recent screenshot shows Mario alone. The Chain Chomp screenshots also show a lot of things that have changed in the recent screenshots. The Chain Chomp is nowhere to be found. Furthermore, the new battle screen is tilted at an angle. The focus is on Mario. If a partner were to stand behind him, it would look weird and would make the partner the focus, even when Mario is attacking. The green toad and the crown thing are not confirmed to be partners, especially since they are never seen in battle and are only seen once; Mario is almost always shown alone. And it's not just because it's the beginning of the game, because we see Mario alone in a ton of different environments. There's no way he's going to all those places before he even gets his first partner.

I hate to say it, but everything seems to indicate no partners.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I don't like how Intelligent Systems is trying to change things because people complained TTYD was too similar to Paper Mario. I LIKED it that way, and they're my two favourite games. I could play a third game that is similar

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    I don't like how Intelligent Systems is trying to change things because people complained TTYD was too similar to Paper Mario. I LIKED it that way, and they're my two favourite games. I could play a third game that is similar
    People complained?? I loved TTYD. I want another game like the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    People complained?? I loved TTYD. I want another game like the first two.
    So do I. But yeah a common complaint was that TTYD was too similar

So do I. But yeah a common complaint was that TTYD was too similar
    That's a stupid complaint. A sequel isn't supposed to change everything. :/ People buy sequels because they enjoyed the first one and want more of the same.

Mabye Partners are stored as Stickers, since that's th gimmick of the game, and you just have a partner page on the lower screen that you an use a turn to switch.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. You can have the option to use partners or not

I doubt they "changed" the battle system/etc because of complaints about being too similar when there were ALSO complaints about the games (all of them) being too wordy and there's been no change in that.

People complaining about RPGs being wordy don't need to play any RPGs.

^ That.

Anyway, glad there's finally a Paper Mario discussion thread. ^_^ I haven't played the first Paper Mario, but The Thousand Year Door is one of the best games I've ever played, quite honestly. I've only gotten to about Chapter 4 in Super Paper Mario; for some reason, it just didn't win me over like TTYD did.

Very excited for Paper Mario 3DS! I too hope it is more like the first two games.

Banners made by kyogreblue3!

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~

Spoiler:- Other sig stuff:

Don't get me wrong, those games are still good but they can't compare to Superstar Saga.
    Are you kidding me? Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story were honestly alot more in depth and better than Superstar Saga, which was a good game, nonetheless. Also, this is a Mario game... saying it looks too "kiddish" doesn't make much sense.

I am looking forward to this... I liked Super Paper Mario but not as much as the first two, however, I did like the 3D elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Are you kidding me? Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story were honestly alot more in depth and better than Superstar Saga, which was a good game, nonetheless. Also, this is a Mario game... saying it looks too "kiddish" doesn't make much sense.

I am looking forward to this... I liked Super Paper Mario but not as much as the first two, however, I did like the 3D elements.
    Partners in Time...Bowser's Inside Story...more depth than Superstar Saga....

The whole reason why I prefer Superstar Saga is because it has more depth. There is much more to explore. It also has a much better story than those two games, better characters, and just a lot more fun.

And normal paper Mario's are for like 10-12 year olds. This one seems like it is for 6 year olds

And normal paper Mario's are for like 10-12 year olds.
    Oh no you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Oh no you didn't.
    I am 17 and I still enjoy it. But don't deny the truth, that was what the target audience for the games were

I'm not gonna argue with you over which story was better since that's completely subjective, same with the characters. Partners in Time's battle system was definitely more in-depth than Superstar Saga's, I guess I should have clarified on that. I'll give you that on the exploration.

God, that's like saying Wind Waker was targeted towards 6-year olds because of the art-style. Don't base a game by it's looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    God, that's like saying Wind Waker was targeted towards 6-year olds because of the art-style. Don't base a game by it's looks.
    It's not its art style. It's more of its music that gives me the sense

Seriously? You're basing your opinion on the game by the soundtrack? Don't pre-judge.

Did you give Dattebayo your account? That may just be one of the dumbest things I've seen online ever. And I've seen people claim a Smash Bros. game wouldn't sell due to too much variety.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

And normal paper Mario's are for like 10-12 year olds. This one seems like it is for 6 year olds
    ...I'm just gonna pretend I never heard those. As far as I can see, all three Paper Mario games are targeted toward a little bit more mature audiences, at least more so than Pokemon, due to their difficulty. I had quite a bit of trouble with the first one and I still haven't beaten the final boss of the Thousand Year Door. Super Paper Mario, however, was considerably easier but did feature slightly more in-depth puzzles. I don't know much about the new one, so I can't quite give an opinion for sure.

^ Click this for good times ^

I find Pokemon to be MUCH harder than Paper Mario. Paper Mario is like the easiest thing ever

I find Pokemon to be MUCH harder than Paper Mario. Paper Mario is like the easiest thing ever
    Depends on your opponent.

Hope this entry is hard…or I could do what I do in the Mario and Luigi series and/or do a 5 HP run.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm sorry but beyond no badge/5 HP runs what challenges have people made for Paper Mario games? Pokemon games have an insane amount (scramble, monotype, Nuzlocke, solo, etc.), due to easiness. Plus Paper Mario games prevent grinding against weak enemies. Plus the puzzles are usually harder in the Paper Mario games.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast