Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    It's more for the fact that its an RPG. The first 3 (inb SPM isn't a PM, lol) PMs didn't use the paper gimmick like sticker star seems to, anyway.
    Thousand Year Door had Mario turn into a paper boat and airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang97 View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and bump this, before it gets closed. I haven't tried any paper mario games, I feel like it's unneccesary to have it in paper xD
    The Paper Mario Series is great. All the games are fun, creative, and have a bunch of other stuff.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

I'm usually not into RPGs, but Sticker Star has me mildly interested, so I might give it a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

This game seems to have a higher damaging system than others. A hammer that can do 9 damage!? An item that can do 21 damage for a boss!? My god

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm usually not into RPGs, but Sticker Star has me mildly interested, so I might give it a go.
    Says the one on a Pokemon forum...

No, Paper Mario's button timing livens things up so I would definitely give it a go or even download the original for your Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    This game seems to have a higher damaging system than others. A hammer that can do 9 damage!? An item that can do 21 damage for a boss!? My god
    That said, it seems like the enemies' stats are going to be more like typical RPG enemies as opposed to "Paper Mario" ones if you know what I mean.

Spoiler:- anywyas, with that out of the way:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Bowser jr. YES. It was one of my main wishes for this game.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, was probably one of my favourites. I just absolutely loved battling the bosses, and how you can turn into an airplane and a boat.

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

I love the Paper Mario series. I know everyone goes crazy over the main series Mario games, Kart, and New Super Mario Bros. but Paper Mario has always been one of the higlights of Nintendo for me. I love all 3 games and I am looking forward to the thrid one. I like how this game is returning to RPG again because I didn't like that they switched the gameplay in Super Paper Mario since the game play and battles are so much better and more interesting in the first 2 games. My favorite game is TTYD because I feel it has the best chapters, the best settings, great Bowser and Kammy inteactions, great villains, a great story, great battles, and great characters. Paper Mario is close behind. The best part of Super Paper Mario was Dimentio and Tippy and Count Bleck's relationship. The battles and gameplay weren't as memorable as the first 2 games though.

This trailer looks absolutely incredible.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 1st September 2012 at 7:04 AM.

Glad to see the boxart and very excited that Bowser Jr. is in the game. He's been absent in the recent Super Mario games, though it's nice to see him makes his debut in the Paper Mario games.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

So Happy to see that Bowser Jr. is going to be in Sticker Star. Really interested in seeing what role he would play here. Though I do have a feeling that he'll be the true antagonist of the game instead of his father. That's because of how uncanny the box art looks like Paper Mario's box art with Junior being in the Koopa Clown Car instead of Bowser. But hey, I'd though kinda expect Bowser just to be like how he was in Thousand Year Door or probably being puppeted by Junoir.

Other than that, I also expect that we'll get Peach intermissions again in Sticker Star. That's cause of the fact that it's a staple to the Paper Mario series to have some point to play as Peach just for a while after each Chapter. Though I'd kinda think it'll be different or not in it at all since Chapters will be done Super Mario World map with Super Paper Mario Chapter play.

Attack on Valm...

ZOMG I've always wanted to battle Bowser Jr in a Paper Mario game. I wonder what attacks he'll have.

Can Bowser Jr breathe fire? I forget

Can Bowser Jr breathe fire? I forget
    Yes, He can.

Besides that, Also thinking that it'd be even more awesome too see the rest of the Koopalings in the game too. Though I'd highly doubt it since that Koopalings have been in a lot more games than recently than Junoir. I mean, It's been over 2 years since Junoir has been in a main stream Mario game while it's been about a month since the Koopalings. But hey, There's always Mario & Luigi RPG 4 for both the Koopalings and Junoir to be in the same game again.

Attack on Valm...

The Koopaligs have already gotten an RPG to be a part of. It's Junior's turn

Is anyone else disturbed by that maneki neko?

It's so realistic that it clashes with the cartoonish design of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

That's the idea. There's all these realistic items in the game peppered about to turn into stickers for puzzles/super attacks

Go to Asian restaurants all the time so no. Real cats are a different story...

Well everything else is paper so not really.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That's the idea. There's all these realistic items in the game peppered about to turn into stickers for puzzles/super attacks
    Exactly.

Spoiler:- since this the second post on a new page, I'm posting the box art again for those who missed it:
    Don't worry, I won't post the box art again from here on out unless it changes.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 1st September 2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Curse you, R_N!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

The box art looks okay I guess.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

I like the cat on the boxart. Just staring from the corner... weird.

So, it seems like the game is gonna go with a world map. Not too pissed off with that concept, as each level seems to be big enough in certain aspects, with around 10 levels and with 6 areas so far with each level shown to be pretty big, take the Yosphinx or the Cheep-Cheep rafting bit, it is great. put in the simple puzzles for level progression, and something tells me Nintendo hit the jackpot on how to do SPM in a TTYD enviroment.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    So, it seems like the game is gonna go with a world map. Not too pissed off with that concept, as each level seems to be big enough in certain aspects, with around 10 levels and with 6 areas so far with each level shown to be pretty big, take the Yosphinx or the Cheep-Cheep rafting bit, it is great. put in the simple puzzles for level progression, and something tells me Nintendo hit the jackpot on how to do SPM in a TTYD enviroment.
    I was also a bit mad when I found this out, then I remembered that Super Mario RPG and Bowser's Inside Story both did this too and they were pretty good games

I was also a bit mad when I found this out, then I remembered that Super Mario RPG and Bowser's Inside Story both did this too and they were AMAZING games
    Fixed it for you.

Anyways, I like the concept, though I am still a little ticked about the lack of partners in the game. Hopefully actually playing this game will change my mind.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Anyways, I like the concept, though I am still a little ticked about the lack of partners in the game. Hopefully actually playing this game will change my mind.
    They aren't amazing, but that's not the subject.

Anyway I got over the lack of partners a long time ago. I still wanna know what was up with that Chain Chomp. A sticker attack maybe?

If you think about it the dungeons before were basically just separate levels. And it seems you can go back to town at most any point.

For all we know, Goals could just be auto-warps

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If you think about it the dungeons before were basically just separate levels. And it seems you can go back to town at most any point.

For all we know, Goals could just be auto-warps
    Yeah but I liked the feeling of exploration. It wasn't really in TTYD with every level being divided by a warp point, but the first game it was really cool. But you do have a point which is why I'm not too upset.

What I am upset about is the lack of an apparent good storyline

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast