Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I would have lost without the Scissors and Fan Stickers.
    I'm pretty sure they wanted you to use those stickers in that fight. Kersti mentions it if the battle goes on for to long.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I have no idea what the right stickers are in world 2-5. All those murals make absolutely no sense to me.

What are the two stickers I need to use on the fifth floor?

EDIT: Never mind. The Toad holding the two empty spots needs to have two matching Toads that face the same direction as he is (feet facing left, head facing right). The answer for this being:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 12th November 2012 at 4:43 PM.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post

Also the Things don't stick with you once you've turned them into stickers, but you can buy them back.
    While it worked with the Soda, I think it might work for all of them, but I think you can find them in the same location, once you use the sticker.

I don't know if that's completely accurate or just applies to small thing stickers like the Soda.

Edit: Or perhaps only when use the sticker, for the sticker museum.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    While it worked with the Soda, I think it might work for all of them, but I think you can find them in the same location, once you use the sticker.

I don't know if that's completely accurate or just applies to small thing stickers like the Soda.

Edit: Or perhaps only when use the sticker, for the sticker museum.
    Whenever I use a Thing sticker at all, I always have the opportunity to buy it back

My Gamestop didn't even get the game in yesterday, they said their shipment was delayed. I'm going to call them today and see if they got it in, and if they haven't I'll probably just go to another Gamestop in the area. Wow, what a kick to the face...
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Whenever I use a Thing sticker at all, I always have the opportunity to buy it back
    I did some playing, and it seems to work on all thing stickers, it's a lot cheaper just to go to the location you got it, and get it again and throw it against the wall.

There might be a finite amount of times the thing will respawn though, but I'm not sure.

If you need help with the locations, just spend your thing sticker in the Sticker Museum and it'll tell you what area you got it.

But yeah spending 300 coins on the "jackhammer" when you basically can get it for free, is wasteful, I'd rather spend that money on other stickers, and the battle spinner.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I do like that they give you the option to just buy them right there, though
    It's nice if you don't feel like backtracking and you've got the coins to spend it on.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's nice if you don't feel like backtracking and you've got the coins to spend it on.
    Besides, the game gives you a lot of coins at the end of each chapter depending on how many enemies you defeated.

It's convenient, and it has its benefits but not if you're trying to save coins. Besides some things are just better gotten than bought because you have the option of just exiting the stage, and the things aren't that far off, or wouldn't be a hassle to get to.

I really hope those "things" are permanently free, because I could use some selling of the stickers, because I'm very short on coins, so bringing many scissor stickers or other things to sell, would hopefully rack up.

@AuraChannelerChris
    Besides, the game gives you a lot of coins at the end of each chapter depending on how many enemies you defeated.
    Really? Because from my experience it just decreases from each time you get the comet piece (I think that's what those things are called, don't quite remember), I didn't know it was dependent on the enemies you killed.

So, from what I understand, Luigi makes cameos?

Spoiler:- img:

So, from what I understand, Luigi makes cameos?
    Did you try paperizing him? He makes a few cameos. Paperize all of them and you might get something special.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Did you try paperizing him? He makes a few cameos. Paperize all of them and you might get something special.
    ...No. I didn't even see him.

And I'm going to assume each cameo only happens once, am I right?

I got PMSS yesterday and I'm actually finding it relatively tough. This may be different if it wasn't my first Paper Mario game. The Stick aspect seemed cool until I realized only the Shell and Line Jump stickers are the only ones worth using. The boss of World 1-6 is extremely tough without the super stickers. I find that the Spring Jump sticker works the best if you can get a good chain going. The Roulette also helps a lot. Money is also very plentiful in the game. Have not been broke once.

I'll probably give my full opinion when I finish the game though

Is it just me, or is this game starting to feel like a very long Paper Mario game despite the fact it's divided in levels?

...No. I didn't even see him.

And I'm going to assume each cameo only happens once, am I right?
    Yes. It looks like he appears once in each world.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 13th November 2012 at 4:26 AM.

I did some playing, and it seems to work on all thing stickers, it's a lot cheaper just to go to the location you got it, and get it again and throw it against the wall.

There might be a finite amount of times the thing will respawn though, but I'm not sure.

If you need help with the locations, just spend your thing sticker in the Sticker Museum and it'll tell you what area you got it.

But yeah spending 300 coins on the "jackhammer" when you basically can get it for free, is wasteful, I'd rather spend that money on other stickers, and the battle spinner.
    But money is so plentiful at this game. I can get up to like 2000 coins. It's worth the trouble of going all the way back.

Oh my god the Pokey Boss was tough. It took me three attempts, and after I used up my thing stickers it was still at like 200 HP and I'd have to do like 5-10 damage per turn to actually damage him. I only won because I got lucky with the battle spinner.

Was I doing something wrong? Do I have to carry in like every Thing Stcikers to defeat these bosses?

Oh my god the Pokey Boss was tough. It took me three attempts, and after I used up my thing stickers it was still at like 200 HP and I'd have to do like 5-10 damage per turn to actually damage him. I only won because I got lucky with the battle spinner.

Was I doing something wrong? Do I have to carry in like every Thing Stcikers to defeat these bosses?
    I think the fact that the Pokey Boss's place was shaped like a baseball stadium should have given it away...except I used the Thing Sticker right before Kersti suggested me to do it.

Also, yes. If I learned something about the bosses is that their stupidly high defenses drop in a heart beat with a Thing Sticker they're weak against.

To give you a hint, the Thing Sticker that they're weak to can ALWAYS be found in their world somewhere in the levels. Luckily, they're always the ones you find just by walking.

Just beat 2-1
        Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I think the fact that the Pokey Boss's place was shaped like a baseball stadium should have given it away...except I used the Thing Sticker right before Kersti suggested me to do it.

Also, yes. If I learned something about the bosses is that their stupidly high defenses drop in a heart beat with a Thing Sticker they're weak against.

To give you a hint, the Thing Sticker that they're weak to can ALWAYS be found in their world somewhere in the levels. Luckily, they're always the ones you find just by walking.
    I did use the bat, but it only did 30 damage! There's still 270 HP to go and you can't carry multiple of the same Thing Sticker!

edit: I don't think there's a secret exit to 2-1.

I did use the bat, but it only did 30 damage! There's still 270 HP to go and you can't carry multiple of the same Thing Sticker!
    If you did that after it raised his body segments (which I didn't use it then to confirm it), then yes, I have no idea then.

Just beat 2-1
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 13th November 2012 at 4:52 AM.

But money is so plentiful at this game. I can get up to like 2000 coins. It's worth the trouble of going all the way back.
    I'm having trouble finding coins.

It took me two times, and the 1st time was because I sucked. Didn't have the right stickers.

Potential heavy spoilers, read at your own risk, or when you have gotten to world 4 after beating the first three bosses, as well as getting to World 4-1.
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 13th November 2012 at 4:53 AM.

Potential heavy spoilers, read at your own risk, or when you have gotten to world 4 after beating the first three bosses, as well as getting to World 4-1.
        Spoiler:
    It became a walk in the park for the third BIG boss of world 3 once I figured out that its weakness was this:

It became a walk in the park for the third BIG boss of world 3 once I figured out that its weakness was this:

I haven't found all the things, so I haven't found that one yet, but I'm sure I will, sometime.

Anyone know where the secret exit in 1-3 is? The one that takes you to 1-5
    Last edited by Arsenal; 13th November 2012 at 5:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Edit: Sorry wrong one. I'll correct it in just a moment.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 13th November 2012 at 5:16 AM.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast