Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 641

Thread: Paper Mario Series

  1. #351
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    Watch, there are Stickers for Partners and the stickers are all past Partners, so you could have a Koops Sticker that you can use in battle for one of Koop's attacks, and a Parakarry Sticker that allows you to use Parakarry's field ability in the field and his battle ability in battle.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!


    Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post

    What I am upset about is the lack of an apparent good storyline
    Nintendo isn't one to go around throwing out story spoilers. Just look at KI:U, they hid a lot of that game from people.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  3. #353
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Nintendo isn't one to go around throwing out story spoilers. Just look at KI:U, they hid a lot of that game from people.
    Well from what they've displayed from the plot, it just seems like a generic Mario non RPG plot. They have a festival, Bowser comes and ruins it.

    The only thing that sounds interesting is the lack of Peach being kidnapped, and the fact they might develop backstory on the royal stickers. We'll have to see but I'm not getting my hopes up. I think giving this game a good story is the lowest of their priorities

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Go to Asian restaurants all the time so no. Real cats are a different story....
    What's your point? I'm talking about how it looks in-game, not in the real world. It's not creepy in real life.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Watch, there are Stickers for Partners and the stickers are all past Partners, so you could have a Koops Sticker that you can use in battle for one of Koop's attacks, and a Parakarry Sticker that allows you to use Parakarry's field ability in the field and his battle ability in battle.
    That actually sounds cool. Maybe even special stickers for the bosses.

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Watch, there are Stickers for Partners and the stickers are all past Partners, so you could have a Koops Sticker that you can use in battle for one of Koop's attacks, and a Parakarry Sticker that allows you to use Parakarry's field ability in the field and his battle ability in battle.
    That's actually a pretty neat idea, except for the fact that the partners from the first Paper Mario have partners that do the same thing in TTYD.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    What's your point? I'm talking about how it looks in-game, not in the real world. It's not creepy in real life.
    Oh. Well, I will agree that it clashes with the rest of the game but with the paper-feel and comical tone at hand, it's fitting.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Watch, there are Stickers for Partners and the stickers are all past Partners, so you could have a Koops Sticker that you can use in battle for one of Koop's attacks, and a Parakarry Sticker that allows you to use Parakarry's field ability in the field and his battle ability in battle.
    I doubt it but as for stickers based off of the enemies they are, that has been proven with the Koopa Shell.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    That actually sounds cool. Maybe even special stickers for the bosses.
    With this in mind, I hope the giant Pokey boss can't be attacked similar to the Mario and Luigi series' final bosses and requires the old Koopa shell or Yoshi digesting its body to make it vulnerable but with it still being able to attack (unlike the TMNT ripoffs in the first game).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  7. #357
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    That's actually a pretty neat idea, except for the fact that the partners from the first Paper Mario have partners that do the same thing in TTYD.
    Though they do slightly differ.

    Bobbery can be tossed up on ledges for example.

    And koops can hold his shell in place.

    Or they just have the stickers up to personal choice.

    I like bobery over bombette for example so I would use the bobery sticker
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!


    Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    The Thousand Year Door was the best by far in my opinion.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    I know the boxart has already been posted twice now, but we have a higher quality version (which has the game's rating), as well as just the game's logo with Mario behind it.

        Spoiler:- Boxart & Logo:


    So, is anyone getting Sticker Star on the release date? I'll probably wait until the holidays.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I know the boxart has already been posted twice now, but we have a higher quality version (which has the game's rating), as well as just the game's logo with Mario behind it.

        Spoiler:- Boxart & Logo:


    So, is anyone getting Sticker Star on the release date? I'll probably wait until the holidays.
    Like I said, I'd consider posting it a 3rd time if the ERSB rating came up and from quoting you...Jokes aside, if that's the logo that's going to appear on 3DS menu, I just see the spinning gimmick in effect when you blow into the mic as opposed to a highly missed opportunity of giving an effect of paper blowing in the wind but I could be wrong. Anyways, I checked the source of those images and found the following facts (source)...
        Spoiler:- the facts:

    That said, opinions?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  11. #361
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    We've pretty much known all that stuff for awhile now

  12. #362
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Probably the only thing that is news to me is that the place you buy stickers from is Decalburg. Still, nice to have a confirmation of no partners. I hope that isn't a reason for people to not buy the game though.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Probably the only thing that is news to me is that the place you buy stickers from is Decalburg. Still, nice to have a confirmation of no partners. I hope that isn't a reason for people to not buy the game though.
    Have to agree with the fact that confirmation is nice. As for the partners, I don't know, many were turned off by Super Paper Mario (which I consider to be a great experimental success) and it could happen again. I'm fine with no partners as we have confirmation that there are several ways we can interact with the environment to solve various puzzles. As for the battle being entirely dependant on items, Mario and Luigi: Partners on Time was able to pull it off tremendously well. As for battling on your own, the battle roulette comes into play to aid you out in the tight spot plus I have seen RPGs (Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to be exact and I apologize for a somewhat poor example and one from the same series no less) with a one man party work out well.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  14. #364
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,419

    Default

    Is it possible that partners have been given up in favor of other stickers similar to Kersti? I guess what I'm going for is something like pixls.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  15. #365
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Is it possible that partners have been given up in favor of other stickers similar to Kersti? I guess what I'm going for is something like pixls.
    That's what I think because in earlier trailers, we saw a Chain Chomp and a Green Toad following Mario, so I do think it is possible the idea of partners was dropped sometime after.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,762

    Default

    I think I'll wait until Christmas for this one. I'll have B2 and W2 to keep me entertained until then.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    That's what I think because in earlier trailers, we saw a Chain Chomp and a Green Toad following Mario, so I do think it is possible the idea of partners was dropped sometime after.
    If you compare the early screenshots, I would guess the game had a fairly significant change pretty early on.
    Even the battle stage is different.

  18. #368
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    I have a feeling Intelligent Systems wanted to make a classic Paper Mario game and Nintendo stepped in and was like "no you guys need to innovate it. See these things from Brawl? Try doing something with that". And they rolled with it.

    BTW to those not getting it on launch date: you'll get your Brawls, and your Skyward Swords, and your Pokemons on launch date, but not Sticker Star? WTF

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If you compare the early screenshots, I would guess the game had a fairly significant change pretty early on.
    Even the battle stage is different.
    I don't really mind the change apart from one things, which is the not gaining experience after battles.

    Really makes me wonder what is exactly the point of a RPG Mario games if it doesn't have the basic RPG 101.

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    BTW to those not getting it on launch date: you'll get your Brawls, and your Skyward Swords, and your Pokemons on launch date, but not Sticker Star? WTF
    While I didn't get Brawl day one, due to the fact I didn't have a Wii at the time, I got Skyward Swords and Pokémon day one because these games don't drastically change the core game play.

    But with Paper Mario: Sticker Star the lack of gaining experience after battles is really putting me off, I mean what's the point of going into battle when the game doesn't reward you for it since you find Stickers virtually everywhere so you don't need money and you get HP upgrade from side quest.

    Which is why I am finding it hard to even pick up the game.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    But with Paper Mario: Sticker Star the lack of gaining experience after battles is really putting me off, I mean what's the point of going into battle when the game doesn't reward you for it since you find Stickers virtually everywhere so you don't need money and you get HP upgrade from side quest.
    Perhaps you can earn special types of stickers after battles, such as the "shiny" stickers that have been shown and mentioned in screenshots and trailers. Another possibility is afer a certain amount of battles you can pick a sticker that will raise a stat by attaching it to mario, much like in brawl.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  21. #371
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    But with Paper Mario: Sticker Star the lack of gaining experience after battles is really putting me off, I mean what's the point of going into battle when the game doesn't reward you for it since you find Stickers virtually everywhere so you don't need money and you get HP upgrade from side quest.

    Which is why I am finding it hard to even pick up the game.
    For a reason they haven't quite revealed yet? I trust they know what they're doing

  22. #372
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Ooh, sounds interesting. Also, don't mean to mini-mod but careful double posting like that. So much blind rage in the comments...

    Anyways, we now know how the story begins.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  24. #374
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Ooh, sounds interesting. Also, don't mean to mini-mod but careful double posting like that. So much blind rage in the comments...

    Anyways, we now know how the story begins.
    Not really. It seems that there's no more chapters either, just standard boring world-level thing from other mario games. At least SPM has Chapter #-#, not World #-#.

    And that sounds like a really boring story

  25. #375

    Default

    So no more chapters and they're putting in different worlds... Not sure what to think about this, but it reminds me of Super Paper Mario. I preferred the chapters and having one big map to explore since it felt more like a real RPG.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •