Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

So there's no partners in Sticker Star after all? Well, that's disappointing. I really loved the partners. They're partially why PM and TTYD were so great. Oh well, it's not a deal breaker. Looking forward to the game even more now.

An in-depth look at the game

Anyways, it seems the HP of the enemies is displayed right off the bat instead of tattling, which is really cool if you ask me. It shows the total amount of HP all combine enemies have, and not each one. And by the looks of it, Goombas have 5 HP instead of 2, while the first boss has 90 HP. I really like how the upped the damaging system of this game. 90 HP is what pretty much the final boss of the first Paper Mario had

Pre-ordered this. While I may not be as excited for this game as past one's it's still gonna be pretty epic.

The only thing that worries me is the lack of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    The only thing that worries me is the lack of experience.
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles made out great with episodic experience. On top of that, there are a lot of RPGs where the majority of stat gains are from the equipment and not the level ups. I honestly think there's nothing we should be too worried about.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yes, but you see one thing that all those RPGs have in common is that they are not Paper Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Yes, but you see one thing that all those RPGs have in common is that they are not Paper Mario.
    True but nonetheless, we'll see when we actually play the game (which you just lost).

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    True but nonetheless, we'll see when we actually play the game (which you just lost).
    You're right, they can still make it an awesome game. And I am still so pumped for it.
    ...also damn you.

I plan on getting Sticker Star, but I don't feel that it's not worth the 40 dollar price tag. Has any deals surfaced recently? Black Friday deals?
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Wow. Bowser has gotten weak.

It takes three Toads to be able to pull him back a little.

Toads, of all things!

Wow this is going to ruin my enjoyment of the beginning of the game but I still have to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGengar View Post
    I plan on getting Sticker Star, but I don't feel that it's not worth the 40 dollar price tag. Has any deals surfaced recently? Black Friday deals?
    All video games are at least 40 bucks. Don't be a baby.

edit: Ugh, just like I feared. The cutscenes lack dialogue. That takes away the fun in the Paper Mario storyline...
    Last edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum; 23rd October 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Wow. Bowser has gotten weak.

It takes three Toads to be able to pull him back a little.

Toads, of all things!
    Well, you could play as Toads in the home console New Super Mario Bros. titles...

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    edit: Ugh, just like I feared. The cutscenes lack dialogue. That takes away the fun in the Paper Mario storyline...
    Yeah, Thousand-Year Door and Super had great plots but knowing how this is sticking to the basic Mario plot and that it's just the opening cut-scene I'm not too worried and still excited.

Anyways, must not watch clips...

A thought did occur to me though, what if Intelligent Systems and AlphaDream teamed up one time for a massive title on the Wii U?

That prologue theme is gorgeous

And that will be all I watch until the game is out, looks absolutely wonderful

From watching the opening, I now feel fairly confident that the game's plot isn't going to be as simple as it sounds.

Really? The plot gave away that it will be even simpler. Especially with the lack of dialogue, I mean what's up with that!?

I do enjoy the intros to the new characters though.

[size=3][font=times new roman]Really? The plot gave away that it will be even simpler. Especially with the lack of dialogue, I mean what's up with that!?
    The game will still have dialog, though
    Just because the opening lacked it doesn't mean anything so far as the plot is concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Yw8...=youtu.be&hd=1

...Did I just see a goat?

Does every Paper Mario game try to surpass the previous one in terms of sheer insanity?

I always dreamed about using scissors in this game. It'd be an ultimate bonus boss if it was evil.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Yw8...=youtu.be&hd=1

...Did I just see a goat?

Does every Paper Mario game try to surpass the previous one in terms of sheer insanity?
    Meh, they're Japanese, what did you expect?

Not much new in the trailer (the goat wasn't new either if I recall). Not much new shown bar showing off the pier that connects you to the other worlds along with jungle which looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The game will still have dialog, though
    Just because the opening lacked it doesn't mean anything so far as the plot is concerned.
    I guess. I just can't imagine how they can expand on story from what we know. It seems really simple.

I can imagine after you get the 6th royal sticker, you just get a path to Bowser's castle, enter his room and he attacks you out of nowhere. You defeat him and rescue Peach, that's it.

The Sticker Museum

Spoiler:- :
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I guess. I just can't imagine how they can expand on story from what we know. It seems really simple.

I can imagine after you get the 6th royal sticker, you just get a path to Bowser's castle, enter his room and he attacks you out of nowhere. You defeat him and rescue Peach, that's it.
    Paper Mario managed just fine and that plot was literally just Bowser Steals <Magical Item> And Becomes All Powerful
    The initial set up for TTYD was "Peach gets a Map (also kidnapped)"

This universe is wrong. Bowser is back to being an actual threat? I guess marrying Peach and causing the overall end of the universe as we knew it counts as pretty evil, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Paper Mario managed just fine and that plot was literally just Bowser Steals <Magical Item> And Becomes All Powerful
    The initial set up for TTYD was "Peach gets a Map (also kidnapped)"
    Yeah but Peach getting kidnapped was due to complex reasons. In fact, we don't even see the kidnapping which just makes it seem pretty awesome. The entire circumstance seemed like a mystery and I really enjoyed finding out why she was kidnapped.

Also I know the first game had a simple plot, but each Paper Mario got better and better and this just feels like a major step back.

Yeah but Peach getting kidnapped was due to complex reasons. In fact, we don't even see the kidnapping which just makes it seem pretty awesome. The entire circumstance seemed like a mystery and I really enjoyed finding out why she was kidnapped.

Also I know the first game had a simple plot, but each Paper Mario got better and better and this just feels like a major step back.
    Well, doesn't it make sense, then?

I mean, it's gonna be hard to beat Super Paper Mario in terms of a deep story or something.

Our final bosses were a super-powered Bowser, a soul-sucking demon, and...I'm not even sure how to describe Super Dimentio.

It only makes sense to go back to super-powered Bowser.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 1st November 2012 at 3:59 AM.

I actually preferred TTYD's storyline. SPMs was deeper, but I found TTYD's was more complex and mysterious

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast