Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

I personally think the real final boss isn't going to be Bowser.

Spoiler:- Opening spoiler:

That and none of the other Paper Mario games ended right after you got all of the things you were collecting.

Wait Bower has one of the royal stickers? I thought you need to collect the 6 then go face Bowser

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Game informer gave it a good score? What kind of bizzaro world is this? Anyways, it seems to be a pretty polarizing game. Good. Kid Icarus uprising was very polarizing and I loved it. One of the main complaints is that sometimes it is hard to tell what to do. This is why gamefaqs exists. So if I do get stuck, i can find my way out without getting frustrated.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I was waiting for someone to post so I could post this. A review that confirmed all my biggest fears.

Oh well, the most common review is that you can literally be stumped on what to do and it's incredibly frustrating. I like it.

I heard that to get completely stumped you have to not be the kind of person that explores EVERYTHING. I might not need Gamefaqs after all.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I was waiting for someone to post so I could post this. A review that confirmed all my biggest fears.

Oh well, the most common review is that you can literally be stumped on what to do and it's incredibly frustrating. I like it.
    That's... dissapointing. I was looking forward to this game, now I'm not so sure.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Just pointing out, this is the only negative review I could find.

As the completionist type, I should be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post

As the completionist type, I should be just fine.
    I'm just disappointed with the lack of story development in this game, as well as the actual lack of random enemy encounters. Plus there doesn't seem to be many NPC's around the world, giving it more of a New Super Mario Bros Wii level feel than an actual world with many characters. This is all stuff I liked in every Paper Mario game and it's all gone. It just doesn't have the same feel as other Paper Mario games do.

Well, according to the reviews I read, there is not much story and there is no leveling up at all. Now, I didn't expect a great story or anything, but the "no leveling up" bit kinda makes me not want this game anymore, so I might as well skip it. I'm also not a big fan of "having to explore everything" even though I do that in every game anyway. It's one thing if there's optional stuff and collectable items, but if it's required just so you can progress further it just turns me off. And too many toads. Yeah, it's a small thing, but I was kinda hoping there would be more variety in the NPCs.

Such a shame. This game looked really promising too, but as more information got released, I started to get more and more worried about it. And now it seems like it's a big let down. I would have liked it if it was another Super Paper Mario. Really, I would. But I guess I'll still give the game a try. Sometime next year.
    Last edited by Silver Bolt; 8th November 2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: I hate typos...

Well looks I won't be buying this "Paper Mario" game then.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Yeah, that review is pretty surprising when you figure out who it's from.

And as for the story, I'm fine with it being a bit less than the stories offered in the other PM games. I hear the writing is still top-notch and that's all I need.

Yeah, the main reason I like the PM story so much was the interesting and new NPCS. And SPM and TTY had interesting stories.
    The story taking a backseat in this game is really disappointing. Well, a better word would be dialogue.

But I'm really turned off now. Hmm...

I'll probably still get it, but not on release like I planned.
    Last edited by lindsy95; 8th November 2012 at 2:34 AM.

Should wait for the next page but here is a list of links to multiple official reviews.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Wait, the story's not so good in this game? Glad I chose HM over PM then. This bums me out. The story is why I loved SPM so much.

I'll wait for Christmas to get this then.

Sure is a lot of negativity about 1 video review; as that other links shows there's more positive reviews from the game. o_o
    And as for the story, I'm fine with it being a bit less than the stories offered in the other PM games. I hear the writing is still top-notch and that's all I need.
    From what I played at an event, the dialogue and characterisations are as good as before.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Sure is a lot of negativity about 1 video review; as that other links shows there's more positive reviews from the game. o_o
    It's not the low score that got to me. It's the things they complained about were exact things I would have a problem with

It's more a general comment (video comments for instance (yeah yeah, youtube comments pfft) and others here too). That said I'd still not worried having tried it myself, and after all TTYD is always a tough act to beat, I'll take a decent paper mario game any day.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

It's more a general comment (video comments for instance (yeah yeah, youtube comments pfft) and others here too). That said I'd still not worried having tried it myself, and after all TTYD is always a tough act to beat, I'll take a decent paper mario game any day.
    I heard the first world is fun, but after awhile it just gets frustrating. And you have to backtrack like a lot, plus there is no use to random battles anymore

Is this your first week on the internet? Over-reaction to negative news is the norm here, even more so on SPPf.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Is this your first week on the internet? Over-reaction to negative news is the norm here, even more so on SPPf.

woot21 out dawgs
    You do realize you're talking to a mod?

Yeah, I'm quite aware of the history of sppf and the trend of the internet in general, thank you very much. (I was here when brawl threads were allowed and that was fun =p). I have this chronic problem of higher expectations though with optimism continuously breaking in, and no cure has yet been found. =(
    I heard the first world is fun, but after awhile it just gets frustrating. And you have to backtrack like a lot, plus there is no use to random battles anymore
    Wasn't that kinda a feature of previous PM games? Like the whole sidequest in TTYD requiring you to go everywhere again... and then the main story quest just like it too. =p

No exp still seems weird to me admittedly, but I wouldn't say battles are completely pointless (coins = stickers = ability to actually fight) and they're fun too from what I tried (yay kinda like TTYD).

The BBS Forums! Join in!

I'm just disappointed with the lack of story development in this game, as well as the actual lack of random enemy encounters. Plus there doesn't seem to be many NPC's around the world, giving it more of a New Super Mario Bros Wii level feel than an actual world with many characters. This is all stuff I liked in every Paper Mario game and it's all gone. It just doesn't have the same feel as other Paper Mario games do.
    Yeah, I was really excited for this game before. But they took away pretty much everything I liked about Paper Mario in the first place. I'll probably still get the game though, but probably next year.
    I claim Larvitar!

Wasn't that kinda a feature of previous PM games? Like the whole sidequest in TTYD requiring you to go everywhere again... and then the main story quest just like it too. =p
    Don't remind me of the General White side-quests...

No exp still seems weird to me admittedly, but I wouldn't say battles are completely pointless (coins = stickers = ability to actually fight) and they're fun too from what I tried (yay kinda like TTYD).
    Exactly.

The General White stuff was just a single part. This is stuff where you'll need a sticker to progress that you might have missed and have no idea where to look for it.

Also you might have no idea what Thing Sticker to use because it's not clear enough, and if you use something that doesn't fit you'll lose it forever, and you might need that thing for later.

Plus I read something that the game is only five and a half worlds. I really hope the volcano world isn't where you end the game

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast