Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 641

Thread: Paper Mario Series

  1. #551
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Decided to go out and trade some games to get Paper Mario today. I've been playing around with it a bit, and I must admit it's already becoming addicting. I definitely enjoy the fact that it doesn't feel like a remake of a previous game. I'm not very far in the game, and a little bit confused as to how to proceed, but that adds to the fun of it all.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

    Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    And after 7 days, 21:24 hours of gameplay, I finally beat the game.

    Quite a satisfying final boss, I have to say.

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Anyone know what I'm supposed to do in the second lava level? I have no clue what to do with the second Chomp.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  4. #554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Anyone know what I'm supposed to do in the second lava level? I have no clue what to do with the second Chomp.
    Simple. Wouldn't it be easier if it was sleeping? Maybe you can do something about it...

    In case you don't understand what I'm saying,     Spoiler:- :

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you need to know?
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but there are definitely a few parts in this game I found to be awesome:
    The second boss. His weakness went so well with the arena you fight him in. Oh, and the music is cool.
    The third boss has awesome music.
    The Snifit or Whiffit part made me laugh
    The fourth boss was really creative in my opinion.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

    I am a proud Catholic.

    Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

    Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter


  6. #556
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Simple. Wouldn't it be easier if it was sleeping? Maybe you can do something about it...

    In case you don't understand what I'm saying,     Spoiler:- :
    And of course, I figure it out just as I posted the message -_-

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesquik3D View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but there are definitely a few parts in this game I found to be awesome:
    The second boss. His weakness went so well with the arena you fight him in. Oh, and the music is cool.
    The third boss has awesome music.
    The Snifit or Whiffit part made me laugh
    The fourth boss was really creative in my opinion.
    I went and downloaded the Gooper Blooper's Theme because I enjoyed it so much. As for the snowy world's boss, it was rather sad to me.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you need to know?
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I agree the story of the snow world's boss was a bit sad, but the giant statue forms reminded me of those Russian dolls that have smaller ones inside when you open them.
    I was really surprised to see Petey Piranha in this game. Come to think of it, a lot of Super Mario Sunshine characters had their paper debut. Bowser Jr., Gooper Blooper, Petey Piranha...

    Could Nintendo be hinting at a Super Mario Sunshine remake? No, I must be over thinking this.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

    I am a proud Catholic.

    Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

    Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter


  8. #558
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesquik3D View Post
    I agree the story of the snow world's boss was a bit sad, but the giant statue forms reminded me of those Russian dolls that have smaller ones inside when you open them.
    I was really surprised to see Petey Piranha in this game. Come to think of it, a lot of Super Mario Sunshine characters had their paper debut. Bowser Jr., Gooper Blooper, Petey Piranha...

    Could Nintendo be hinting at a Super Mario Sunshine remake? No, I must be over thinking this.
    Maybe a sequel. Also, any references to characters from the previous games? Specifically a certain character still in an egg.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  9. #559
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Maybe a sequel. Also, any references to characters from the previous games? Specifically a certain character still in an egg.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Unlike most paper mario games, there was no references to ANY previous games. It felt like a new developer made this game, even though it didn't

  10. #560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Unlike most paper mario games, there was no references to ANY previous games. It felt like a new developer made this game, even though it didn't
    There's still one, though. Try rummaging through the trash in the jungle.

  11. #561
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    After Sticker Star left a bad taste in my mouth, I decided to go back and play TTYD, and as I suspected, it is pretty much perfect.

    Why couldn't IS just make a follow-up to TTYD?

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you need to know?
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There's still one, though. Try rummaging through the trash in the jungle.
    I found that by complete accident. It was awesome to find, though. XD I also enjoyed seeing old characters have paper debuts. (except for you, Birdo...)

    I just beat the game earlier today. When will Miyamoto decide that the whole "OMG BOWSER TURNED HUGE" thing is getting old? Other than that, the final battle was pretty cool. But why did Bowser say absolutely NOTHING in this game? He was hilarious in the other Paper Mario games!
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

    I am a proud Catholic.

    Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

    Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter


  13. #563
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesquik3D View Post
    I just beat the game earlier today. When will Miyamoto decide that the whole "OMG BOWSER TURNED HUGE" thing is getting old? Other than that, the final battle was pretty cool. But why did Bowser say absolutely NOTHING in this game? He was hilarious in the other Paper Mario games!
    I think they wanted to make him seem more menacing and less of a joke. That's one story direction in sticker star that I actually agree with. Bowser as a comic relief was getting old.

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you need to know?
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I think they wanted to make him seem more menacing and less of a joke. That's one story direction in sticker star that I actually agree with. Bowser as a comic relief was getting old.
    Understandable. Since he is the main villain again they would want him to be more menacing. But, that doesn't justify the whole "BOWSER TURNED HUGE" thing. How many times in recent years have we seen that?

    But still, I would have liked at least one funny line from him.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

    I am a proud Catholic.

    Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

    Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter


  15. #565
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    868

    Default

    It does make me wonder if they will ever come up with a better gimmick for a final battle. Most of the recent Mario games have Bowser turning larger and more destruct able.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Turning huge? Yes, he did do that, but there's something a little more unique to it that would only make sense in a Paper Mario game.

    Basically, Bowser turned into cardboard.

    If you think about it, that's fitting. Paper Mario vs Cardboard Bowser.

    The game is nothing but a giant diorama, anyway.

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    So, if you ever wanted to know why PM:SS is the way it is....well....

    http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interv...papermario/0/0(Careful, it's a little spoilery)

    Miyamoto : (

    [Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world. Iwata That's a difficult task. In some ways that would be the exact opposite direction from recent games in the series. Tanabe Yeah.
    WHAT.

    With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting.
    WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?????
    And I didn't know they actually read those surveys >_> I guess I should take them more seriously from now now on.

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mt Silver
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    WHAT.
    That's insane. The whole reason this series is so enjoyable is due to the characters and the story, particularly in TTYD.
    Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting.
    So basically, that small percentage were the only ones who played the game, I bet.

  20. #570
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Well, those surveys probably happened when people's hate of SPM was still fresh. If those surveys were taken now it would be different.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    I liked the SPM story, it's just the gameplay was a big turn off.

    What if they took PMSS's battle system and SPM story? That would be a good game I'd think.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    I don't like how Nintendo got rid of badges entirely. If they were so worried about them being OP, they could've used the same system they used for the stickers in Sticker Star or the powers in Kid Icarus: Uprising and made it so that you had to fit the badges on a single page in order to use them. The better the badge, the more space it takes up on that page.

  23. #573
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    The reviews are kind of worrying me because I asked for this for Christmas. Is it at least kind of fun?
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  24. #574
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The cliff that time forgot.
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I don't like how Nintendo got rid of badges entirely. If they were so worried about them being OP, they could've used the same system they used for the stickers in Sticker Star or the powers in Kid Icarus: Uprising and made it so that you had to fit the badges on a single page in order to use them. The better the badge, the more space it takes up on that page.
    Isn't that the exact same thing as BP? Just visualized?

    Aside from having to place the badges tactically.



  25. #575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    The reviews are kind of worrying me because I asked for this for Christmas. Is it at least kind of fun?
    The humor is still as good, but it kind of falls back the first Paper Mario to me due to how the battles have been greatly altered...

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •