Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I'm sorry but beyond no badge/5 HP runs what challenges have people made for Paper Mario games? Pokemon games have an insane amount (scramble, monotype, Nuzlocke, solo, etc.), due to easiness. Plus Paper Mario games prevent grinding against weak enemies. Plus the puzzles are usually harder in the Paper Mario games.

woot21 out dawgs
    Well in Pokemon I actually lose from time to time. Paper Mario I don't get a game over, and I can beat it in two days.

UGH, I hate how I come across here as I don't like the game. They're my favourite games of all time, and forgive me for sounding bold, but I think I like them more than any of you

Then don't say things like "this looks like it's for 6-year olds", and don't base your opinion of the game on the damn soundtrack, which isn't even an extremely important part of the game.

Why does it matter who likes it more, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    UGH, I hate how I come across here as I don't like the game.
    Generally, to prove that you like a game, you don't make bland assumptions from a few trailers and the few music tracks we've heard :L

I think I like them more than any of you
    Fat chance C:

This may sound a little hypocritical after that little sentence up there, but I'm seriously worried about how much I'll like the 3DS game. It's mainly the partner thing, they're the primary reason that I like it over the Mario & Luigi series.

I loved them in the original, then they were greatly developed on in TTYD and then come SPM we got... the Pixls that gave maybe one speech throughout the story :I

That was one of the things that killed the game for me (and the fact that they completley changed the battle system), so if the 3DS game has no partners, I'd be crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    That was one of the things that killed the game for me (and the fact that they completley changed the battle system), so if the 3DS game has no partners, I'd be crushed.
    But...it does have partners. Chances are there is just a way to not have them out all the time. Like someone theorized that they will be stickers too

But...it does have partners. Chances are there is just a way to not have them out all the time. Like someone theorized that they will be stickers too
    Unconfirmed IIRC, Green Toad and the crown thing haven't been seen in battle and the Chain Chomp could easily be some kind of sticker that attacks all enemies (like the snowman doll).

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    Unconfirmed IIRC, Green Toad and the crown thing haven't been seen in battle and the Chain Chomp could easily be some kind of sticker that attacks all enemies (like the snowman doll).
    UGH. That would be awful then

plus RPG battles are boring if it's 1 Vs. max of 5 normally.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen concrete info about characters appearing beside Mario being actual partners. Why would they make a normal-looking Toad a partner or a Chain Chomp? That's not-so Paper Mario style.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Exactly, every partner is a member of a species with somthing setting them appart

(Kooper and Koops had a Bandana and Jacket respectively, Goombella's Awsome gettup, Bombette being Pink and having a braid etc...)

Heck Sushi was probally the most Generic looking of the partners.

Don't tell her I said that.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Sushie was a caring purple Cheep-Cheep grandma out of the water with closed eyes. That really stands out.

I honestly don't think the Toad is a partner. However, the Chain Chomp could have just been beta design and they hadn't created the uniqueness yet.

That being said, I like the partner-sticker thing, but I'd rather the partners to have characteristics

Lol I love Paper Mario. I need to replay the 3 before the 3ds one comes out.

I'm glad there's gonna be another addition. Can't wait to see a toad actually fight for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    and don't base your opinion of the game on the damn soundtrack, which isn't even an extremely important part of the game.
    I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that.
    I am a roleplayer. I have fun hanging out in the RP section of the forums. If you have a problem with that then I invite you to dance forever.

I honestly don't think the Toad is a partner. However, the Chain Chomp could have just been beta design and they hadn't created the uniqueness yet.

That being said, I like the partner-sticker thing, but I'd rather the partners to have characteristics
    We'll just have to wait and see. If the game comes out after E3 2012, hopefully we get a lot of info at E3 2012.

Probably going to end up buying Paper Mario from the Virtual Console Service when I get a chance to buy a 2000 points Wii Card (yes, I know it is only 1000 Wii Points, but I'm also going to get Super Smash Bros.).

Loving the theme music for Paper Mario 3DS.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon
    Loving the theme music for Paper Mario 3DS.
    Really? It sounds like the theme song for a show that's for six year olds

....It does sound like something for that, but the song does sound a little bit catchy to me.

White 2:

By god you're right!
    This makes it the worst thing ever known to man! How could anyone EVER like such a thing?!

Well its not like we aren't gonna buy a game because of ONE soundtrack we heard. It'll just be awesome as we expect it to be.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

I'm a bit disappointed that Paper Mario was unmentioned in Nintendo's list of upcoming game's releases. Does that mean we may be getting it later than we thought?

Maybe. I find it kinda annoying PM was one of the games I was looking forward too.

Maybe we aren't getting Paper Mario 3DS until after E3 2012, so hopefully we'll get loads of info about the game at E3. Nintendo does have a decent amount of games coming out before E3 at least.

White 2:

Yknow, I really think Nintendo doesn't care much for this game. They didn't show a trailer at e3, only on their website, and they haven't been advertising it that well.

Nevertheless, it doesn't lower my expectations it's just something I'm pointing out.

What is lowering my expectations is the lack of partners.

Yknow, I really think Nintendo doesn't care much for this game. They didn't show a trailer at e3, only on their website, and they haven't been advertising it that well.
    Obviously, they're working on it for last. I can probably say the same to Smash Bros. 4.

Dear god, man, you seem to hate the series a lot or something.

I love love love love Paper Mario. TTYD is my favourite game of all time. I just feel really unconfident about the most recent one. I hope I'm wrong though!

The reason Paper Mario 3DS wasn't a main focus this year is probably because IT IS COMING OUT IN 2012 (probably near the end).

Now I'm hoping E3 2012 comes faster, or some other thing earlier with a new Paper Mario 3DS trailer showing partners (even though previous trailers have already shown partners, but when a game isn't coming out until probably around a whole year or so, you begin to question what happened in the trailers, according to Electivire Addict it seems). We have seen partners by the way. As I probably pointed out already, maybe trailers showing Mario partner-less aren't without partners when the game finally comes out, but they just want to show Mario by himself or he doesn't have partners at that particular point in the game.

White 2:

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast