Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario Series

I really hate being a devil's advocate to such a fascinating series, but I must say, I do feel pessimistic. Anyway, here I go:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    (even though previous trailers have already shown partners
    They could not be partners. Someone suggested that the Chain Chomp is just a sticker, the Toad is like Flavio following you, and the crown is some item or something. I mean, the Chain Chomp and Toad look too normal to be partners, but that could just be their beta design.

but when a game isn't coming out until probably around a whole year or so, you begin to question what happened in the trailers, according to Electivire Addict it seems).
    I'm just saying Nintendo doesn't care about this game as much as others. Luigi's Mansion 2 also isn't coming out for awhile, yet they showed a trailer at the previous E3. For Paper Mario, they just put it on their site. Then again, the reason why they've been not showing that much about Paper Mario is that they're taking their time to make it good.

We have seen partners by the way.
    See comment above

[As I probably pointed out already, maybe trailers showing Mario partner-less aren't without partners when the game finally comes out, but they just want to show Mario by himself or he doesn't have partners at that particular point in the game.
    Realistically, I doubt that. We see Mario in many various areas without partners. If there are, they probably just removed it so they wouldn't spoil anything.

Again, I'm just expressing my doubts. But I really want to be wrong here. But after the whole Partners in Time/Bowser's Inside Story ordeal not being able to measure up to Superstar Saga it's ruined my hope in recent Mario RPG's

Eh, I'm having doubts about unique partners. Maybe a sticker thing. But I find that disappointing if true.

Talking

I'm really exited for Paper Mario 3DS. Sorry, I don't have anything else to say since I haven't looked it up in a while.

Credit to whoever made the lovely picture above. Unfortunately, I do not know who made it at this time. The hiragana reads: "Yoseatsume"

I type with only my left hand. If you do so, it is optional for you to copy and paste it in your signature.

After the insult that was Super Paper Mario, I am really looking forward to a return to the RPG format of Paper Mario and am also looking forward to the new twists in gameplay. The "Stage Format" of TTYD was INGENIOUS!
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

ah, it seems everyones getting skeptical about partners :S

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    After the insult that was Super Paper Mario
    Dude, it wasn't that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    After the insult that was Super Paper Mario
    Shut up. Dimentio was awesome.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Outside of Dimentio and some funny dialogue it wasn't even close to the typical Paper Mario standards.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

May not have been a good Paper Mario game, but it was still a good game.

It wasn't a typical Paper Mario game, but that doesn't mean it was bad! I personally loved it almost as much as the others

It would have been perfect in my eyes if it had the Paper Mario styled Battles, and Mario would take the lead, whiloe Bowser, Peach, and Luigi acted like Partners, and the Pixels would influence their powers.

But then the Pure Hearts would seem too much like Crystal Stars.

I wonder what the 7 collectable doomsday items are in the new Paper Mario///
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

But I kinda liked the gameplay tbh. It wasn't all that bad, and I wouldn't mind a SPM sequel

A sequel to SPM? No thank you.
    Yes it was a nice game....but it really doesn't hold a candle to the turnstyle battling games.

If Paper Mario 3ds is anything like TTYD I would be happy. TTYD was/is one of my favorite games of all times.

I'm just glad they've ditched the formula of super paper mario, which is easily the worst in the series. Pixls didn't even feel like proper partners, but luckily they seem to be bringing in common Mario enemies as partners again (based on the screenshots, one is a chain chomp), and the turn based battles are back too.

So hopefully they work the magic of the first two games again, and make chapters to rival glitzville and the other awesome chapters of past games!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    During your experience at SPPf, there is unfortunatley no protection or clause that states "Mods shall not be bitchy."
    That's right... I AM KIRA

3DS Friend code: 3351 4126 2678
    PM me your code if you add mine. Mainly up for Mario Kart 7 but don't mind other suggested games if I have them!

I was quite disaapointed the the wii version wasnt an rpg of sorts, It wasnt bad but its definitely my least favourite.

Long story short, Super Paper Mario was an excellent gaming that had a surprising RPG twist on a platformer formula that worked quite well. None the less, it wasn't an RPG like everyone was expecting and makes it looked down upon.

Okay, back to speculation of Paper Mario 3DS!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Super Paper Mario was fun, but far too easy and I found it to be on the short side, I would have much prefered it be a regular Paper Mario game. TTYD is one of my favorite games of all time.

As for the 3DS game, the lack of partners worries me, Mario must be alot more capable on his own in this game than he normally is, but I'm really gonna miss always having an ally follow me around.

Also if you could have one Paper Mario exclusive villain (regardless if they turned good) return in the future as an enemy, who would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    Also if you could have one Paper Mario exclusive villain (regardless if they turned good) return in the future as an enemy, who would you pick?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post

woot21 out dawgs
    NO.

I'll bet I'm the last person y'all expected here at this hour, and if you don't recognize my face around these parts, watch and learn; I'm the biggest and best fan of the series and don't forget it.

So I don't come off as cocky, I'll just end by saying something constructive, assuming the above is indeed the current topic in said thread. Dimentio is who I would pick, if I could choose any of the villains, but let's be honest, there really aren't many in a series that spans 3 games long and with 5 essential "factions" to them (If we are to assume Mario is one spanning all 3 games, Bowser's faction spanning at least the first two, the Palace of Shadow guards and minions as a third, the X-Nauts as a fourth and all of Bleck's forces as a final fifth). Grodus as a character is pretty one-dimensional, the Shadow Queen is a little cliche, Bowser's fun as an ally or enemy, though preferably as a role similar to that of his place in TTYD's story, and Bleck...Well, I did like him as well, to be honest. But there is a bit of mystery surrounding Dimentio and who he really is, given SPM's backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post

Somewhat salvaged the repetitiveness of Chapter 4...

Anywhom, I'm planning on replaying the series right up to the 3DS game release. I haven't actually played TTYD in a year or two as it got a bit stale for me due to overplaying, which is a shame since it's an amazing game...

I played the WII version, but thats all im going to play. Interesting series, just not exciting enough for me. And a little tricky.
    Signiture Underconstruction

PLAY THE SECOND GAME.

The Wii version is often thought of as the worst, so you really shouldn't judge the series on it. Also it changed the battle style majorly. Plus you can play TTYD (Gamecube) on the Wii, and it's widely accepted to be the best in the series :I

You should give it a try~

Super Paper Mario isn't a really bad game per-se. It's just that people became ticked off with the change of gameplay.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Aveil View Post
    PLAY THE SECOND GAME.

The Wii version is often thought of as the worst, so you really shouldn't judge the series on it. Also it changed the battle style majorly. Plus you can play TTYD (Gamecube) on the Wii, and it's widely accepted to be the best in the series :I

You should give it a try~
    Yeah Super Paper Mario is almost completely different from the other two games and not something you should judge the series on.
    At the very least, try the first game (it's on Wii virtual console)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    NO.

I'll bet I'm the last person y'all expected here at this hour, and if you don't recognize my face around these parts, watch and learn; I'm the biggest and best fan of the series and don't forget it.

So I don't come off as cocky, I'll just end by saying something constructive, assuming the above is indeed the current topic in said thread. Dimentio is who I would pick, if I could choose any of the villains, but let's be honest, there really aren't many in a series that spans 3 games long and with 5 essential "factions" to them (If we are to assume Mario is one spanning all 3 games, Bowser's faction spanning at least the first two, the Palace of Shadow guards and minions as a third, the X-Nauts as a fourth and all of Bleck's forces as a final fifth). Grodus as a character is pretty one-dimensional, the Shadow Queen is a little cliche, Bowser's fun as an ally or enemy, though preferably as a role similar to that of his place in TTYD's story, and Bleck...Well, I did like him as well, to be honest. But there is a bit of mystery surrounding Dimentio and who he really is, given SPM's backstory.
    Welcome back, you crazy old fool. Will you be sticking around for awhile this time?

As for Dimentio, yes he is the best character in SPM, which isn't saying much when you consider that most of the good characters in the Paper Mario games aren't the villains (not counting Bowser), but instead the partners. Which SPM lacked, the Pixls (or whatever they were called) don't count. So he didn't have much competetion in that department. Besides the Heel Face Turn of all of other Bleck's minions because of the power of love was extremely clichéd and sort of ruined the characters for me.

woot21 out dawgs

I honestly think Count Bleck is the best character of SPM, then probably Dimentio

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast