Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #43

Default Double Stats!

This is a move set that I gave to my Confagrigus.

Nature: Bold
    Item: Lefties
    EVs: 252 HP, 189 Sp. Def, and 67 Defense
    Moves:
    Will-O-Wisp
    Toxic
    Hex
    Calm mind

In this set, you have two stats to choose from and use them at your disposal. Calm mind helps raise that low special defense even more plus it gives you some special attack to blast your foe with hex.

The only problem is that normal types with a possible ghost move will get in the way, especially Ursaring.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Bulky Ghost
    Cofagrigus @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Trait: Mummy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Rest / Haze / Will-o-Wisp

this is a calm mind cofagrigus. set calm minds till your low on health then rest up (saying you choose rest) and sweep with Shadow ball and HP Fighting which give you unresited coverage and a STAB. you can choose chesto berry so you wake up straight after your rest or leftovers for healing. haze and will-o-wisp are other options to use over rest, each with their pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryboy View Post
    Slaking could be a good partner in doubles and triples. Hit an unboosted cofagrigus with punishment and slaking will lose truant. Its an idea.
    Again, Archeops benefits from this strategy, too. However, Moves like Follow Me, Roar, and Whirlwind will disrupt this in a major way. So will Entrainment coming from (Arceus help you) Durant with Truant Ability...

Getting past Mummy with Simple Beam, Skill Swap, or Entrainment is another way of dealing with Cof' in Multi...or if you can force it to stay in Singles. Even then, Simple Beam is a bit risky due to Cof's Nasty Plot and Calm Mind access...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Again, Archeops benefits from this strategy, too. However, Moves like Follow Me, Roar, and Whirlwind will disrupt this in a major way. So will Entrainment coming from (Arceus help you) Durant with Truant Ability...

Getting past Mummy with Simple Beam, Skill Swap, or Entrainment is another way of dealing with Cof' in Multi...or if you can force it to stay in Singles. Even then, Simple Beam is a bit risky due to Cof's Nasty Plot and Calm Mind access...
    Who the heck runs Truant on Durant, when he has Hustle and Hone Claws?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Who the heck runs Truant on Durant, when he has Hustle and Hone Claws?
    Ones who use an Entrainment gimmick set. I can only see Multi usage and the DW Ability Durant hasn't been released yet, plus it helps if you can Simple Beam away Durant's Truant after sticking Cof' with the Ability.

As for an offense to hit the current PotW, Taunt helps with blocking Cof's Status arsenal. From there, it's easy to find Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse users to attack Cof's lower Sp.Def. Unfortunately, this leads to the Ghost mono-Type issue I mentioned a few posts back - Dark and Ghost being Cof's only Type Weaknesses give counters a little more predictability.

Blocking Ghost Type Moves with Normal Types or reaping the benefits of Justified Ability against Dark Type Moves are solid ways to protect Cof'. Even then, Soak can remove the Ghost Type to throw on the Water Type, allowing some Pokemon to better target Cof' and its Normal Type/Justified Ability backup.

Trick Room Sweeper @Leftovers:
    Relaxed/Quiet Nature
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
    -Shadow Ball/Hex
    -Hidden Power [Fighting]
    -Trick Room
    -Will-o-Wisp/Protect

Basic idea is to help the team set up Trick Room. Cofagrigus is fairly bulky, and Will-o-Wisp is used to hinder physical sweepers. Protect is to scout for moves and leftover recovery. Shadow Ball for STAB, and Hidden Power fighting for perfect neutral coverage with Shadow Ball. Hex may replace Shadow Ball, but not really recommended since Shadow Ball is more reliable and has the 20 % chance of a Sp. Def drop. Relaxed nature for extra bulk, Quiet nature to hit harder.
    Gen VI Pokedex, here I come!
    Gen V National Pokédex: 649/649

3DS FC: 3239-3604-9829

Quote Originally Posted by battle171 View Post
    Trick Room Sweeper @Leftovers:
    Relaxed/Quiet Nature
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
    -Shadow Ball/Hex
    -Hidden Power [Fighting]
    -Trick Room
    -Will-o-Wisp/Protect

Basic idea is to help the team set up Trick Room. Cofagrigus is fairly bulky, and Will-o-Wisp is used to hinder physical sweepers. Protect is to scout for moves and leftover recovery. Shadow Ball for STAB, and Hidden Power fighting for perfect neutral coverage with Shadow Ball. Hex may replace Shadow Ball, but not really recommended since Shadow Ball is more reliable and has the 20 % chance of a Sp. Def drop. Relaxed nature for extra bulk, Quiet nature to hit harder.
    That right there is part of why I love Cof'. Trick Room usage relies on your user being bulky enough to survive so it can activate it.

Bronzong and Slowbro/king are good examples of this, we know:
    -Bronzong has a semi-unique Type (only Metagross shares it, barring previous Evolution Stages) and Abilities to protect itself. Beyond that, not much aside from being a Wall.
    -Slowbro and Slowking also have a semi-unique Type (only Starmie and Slowpoke share it), except with good offense and a single good defense each.

Cof' has options beyond the setup phase that Bronzong doesn't have - Special Attacker and Status Annoyer - and simultaneously does Bronzong's job as a Wall; something the Slows can only dream of.

Base 95 Sp.Atk and huge defenses give the hungry coffin a few nails to hammer into others' coffins. Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Disable, and other Status harassment is just gravy. While your Type isn't so unique, you fill so many other niches.

Speaking back to Bronzong and the Slows, any one of them are great allies to Cof', especially on a Trick Room team. Slowbro/king can (mostly) soak what Cof' cannot take (barring Ghost or Dark Type Moves) and give a ton of other offensive options. Bronzong can block Toxic and is neutral to both of Cof's weaknesses.

The Mummy's Hex
    Quiet +SpAtk/-Spd
    252 Sp Atk/200 HP/52 SpDef
    Leftovers

Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
    Hex
    Nasty Plot/Fake Tears/Calm Mind
    Hidden Power (Fighting)

Hex + Toxic/Will-o-Wisp is a given. Hex gets stab and double the power if the opponent has a status condition. Toxic is super crippling, doubling in damage each turn, however, it can't be used on steels, which is where Will-o-Wisp comes in and works on everything except for fire types and it halves attack which totally cripples physical sweepers, not that Cofagrigus' high defense doesn't already cripple them. Then there's Nasty Plot, Fake Tears, and Calm Mind. Fake Tears lowers the opponent's Sp. Def two stages and Nasty Plot raises the user's attack two stages. They pretty much do the same thing, however Fake Tears may make the opponent switch. Also, you can use a special sweeper switch in or have a special sweeper as a partner while Nasty Plot requires you to switch or a status move to be used on you to get rid of its effects. Then Calm Mind raises Sp. Atk only one stage, but it also raises Cofagrigus' Sp. Def. Hidden Power (Fighting) covers more ground, especially Pokemon that have resistance to Hex such as Normal, Steel, and Dark types.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 28th October 2011 at 2:55 AM.

With amazing defences, and good Sp. attack, cofragrigus is great. It's only flaw is it's bad hp and speed, and speed doesn't matter much anywya.

Cofragrigus@Leftovers
    Ability: Mummy
    EVs: 252 hp/140 sp att/116 spdef
    Nature: Calm
    -Willowisp
    -Hex
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic

Calm Mind for bulk and power. Will-o-Wisp and Hex are destructive together. Psychic for extra coverage.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I like Mr. eats gold and people all day... he's got an intimidating set of stats...

Double Status Stall
    Relaxed @Leftovers
    EV: 252 HP, 128 Def/128 Sp. Def
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Disable/Protect

Or you could switch a few things around and get this here:

Double Status Abuse
    Quiet @ Wide Lens
    EV: 252 HP, 156 Sp. Att/100 Sp. Def
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Toxic
    -Hex
    -Swagger/Protect

Or you could get ballsy and run this:

Chesto-Rest Booster
    Quiet @ Chesto Berry
    EV: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def
    -Rest
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic/Energy Ball
    -Nasty Plot/Calm Mind

I LOVE this thing. Its a mutha fckin MOLESTER

Molester@Red card-Bold-Munny
    Shadow ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain split
    Grudge
    Ev's: 252 speed 252 HP and rest to spec. attack

MOLESTER

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    I LOVE this thing. Its a mutha fckin MOLESTER

Molester@Red card-Bold-Munny
    Shadow ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain split
    Grudge
    Ev's: 252 speed 252 HP and rest to spec. attack

MOLESTER
    no speed on cofagrigus. ever. put it in sdef or satk. and it doesnt get pain split, swap with calm mind or something

My Set!!!
    Cofagrigus@lefties
    relaxed/quiet nature
    252 satk 252 hp
    - Trick Room
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - HP Fighting

self explanatory TR sweeper, only works thanks to hp fighting and shadow ball getting perfect coverage.
    Rate my UU Team
    NOWZ!!!!!
    The Fallen

The Forbidden Empires are open!!!

(Click on the banner for a link)

Clan Chat

standard wall:
    @lefties
    bold
    252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
    - Rest
    - Haze
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp

pretty good wall, and with rest it can remedie its horrible hp stat
    haze is nice for bp chains

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post

Almost forgot a few other Moves to aid in removing Mummy. Worry Seed and Gastro Acid will work as well. I can't believe those slipped my mind...

I'd like to note that cof could very well PP-stall most walls that would try to counter it, if it has Rest and Calm Mind...especially that fat, pink.. thing...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123