Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you catch your Pokemon?

Default How do you catch your Pokemon?

I just wanted to make a Thread about how people catch their Pokemon, 'cause I have had like 6 Critical Captures in like 3 days, and wanted to see how you catch them, and what type of Pokemon do you prefer to catch. (Read my Signature for why theres 2 Bulbasaurs.) Also, I caught Volcarona
    with 1 Pokeball! It was an Ultra ball and a Critical Capture!

Bulbasaur is my favorite pokemon, and nothing else will ever be my favorite pokemon, I play Pokemon Yellow daily, and I am a Shiny hunter, got 2 Shinies! My 2 LEGIT Shinies: Golem, Dratini!

Trading a level 1 FEMALE Zorua, just bred and untouched! Pm me for an offer!

I mostly use Quick Balls because I'm not patient enough to wait

Sometimes I'll try my luck with any ol' Pokeball on the first turn, but I normally just run their HP down a bit and then catch 'em.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

Pokémon in my main team, always using the official Pokéball.
    As for the others, I like throwing random Quick Balls to end this up quick, but usually the Ultra Ball is good with me.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I don't have a Pokémon for capturing others yet, so I just use what's currently in my team. The ball is use most of the time is the Dark Ball since I often play at night. If capturing takes longer, I may use Ultra Balls first and Dark Balls further in the battle.

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

LV 100 Technician Breloom, of course holding Leftovers. I love having False Swipe and Spore. Then if he faints I use other high level mons on my team to stall. I also go Ultra Balls as they're the most consistent; Quick Balls, Timers, and other specialty balls are too inconsistent in my opinion.

I was thinking for fun making a Breloom variant with Poison Heal, holding a Toxic Orb for more longevity...and fun.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3311-4853-5551

Currently Offering DWF
    Currently Seeking all DWFs not listed above/Any UT DW Starters

Feel free to message me for trades/battles. I'm always down

I use False Swipe and then throw normal Poke Balls just for the heck of it.

I catch them by catching them

I use stalling, until the Pokémon has to use Struggle, then I get it.

If it's a legendary, I use an offensive Pokémon with NVE moves, and then I use false swipe.

I normally use Ultra Balls on most Pokemon, and I almost never use Quick Balls, because i am very patient and wait for the right time to use Timer Balls. I use Premier Balls on DW Pokemon. Just wanted to say
    Bulbasaur is my favorite pokemon, and nothing else will ever be my favorite pokemon, I play Pokemon Yellow daily, and I am a Shiny hunter, got 2 Shinies! My 2 LEGIT Shinies: Golem, Dratini!

Depends on the situation. If it is a Pokemon that I already have (which happens all the time as I have completed the Pokedex), I usually go for a Repeat Ball. Other than that, I might use a Quick Ball if it is the first turn, otherwise probably Timer or Dusk depending on the circumstances. I sometimes use Great and Ultra Balls as well.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

I usually use an Absol with Night Slash and False Swipe, then spam Ultra Balls.
    Current Nuzlocke: Pokémon FireRed

My Team:

Go for the matching Poke Ball.

I just use poke balls and for harder to catch pokemon I usually fight them then throw pokeballs at them.

Usually I try to catch them with Ultra Balls once I weaken them first, and if that doesn't work then I resort to any of the balls I have left... such as Great Balls, Poke Balls, etc... XD
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

It depends entirely on what I'm trying to catch, but early on you're kind of restricted as to what Poke Balls you can use... Therefore I usually have to stick with regular Poke Balls and work my way up while I'm working on building a team.

Later on in the game, when there's more variety, I'll go for the matching one. Because Dusk Balls are my second-favourite kind of Poke Ball, I tend to use them a lot, too. Sometimes even if they don't quite match. But y'know, I don't want to spend half of the day trying to catch that one really irritating legendary.

And if it's something really, really important to me, I'll make a big fuss about catching it in my favourite Poke Ball, a Luxury Ball. No matter how low its catch rate is.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilcampincalf View Post
    I just wanted to make a Thread about how people catch their Pokemon, 'cause I have had like 6 Critical Captures in like 3 days, and wanted to see how you catch them, and what type of Pokemon do you prefer to catch. (Read my Signature for why theres 2 Bulbasaurs.) Also, I caught Volcarona
    with 1 Pokeball! It was an Ultra ball and a Critical Capture!

Volcarona with a critical capture. damn it took me several times to get volcarona though i was trying to get a good nature. usually i would use a specific capture pokemon like Bisharp, a thunder wave, false swipe, here and there. good stuff

The type of Poke Ball that I use to catch Pokemon really depends on the situation. For example, in Black version I didn't have a specific Pokemon that I used to hunt down wild Pokemon, so I used Quick Balls and Dusk Balls since they were reliable. However in White version I had an Ampharos with Thunder Wave that made catching Pokemon easier since I could paralyze them, so I mostly used Great Balls and Ultra Balls.

I always keep both a Paralyzer and a Sleeper on my team (sometimes they're the same Pokémon). I attack just enough to get their HP bar to the yellow, then inflict whichever status condition makes more sense at the time (Paralyze for potentially longer battles, Sleep for quick ones) and chuck Ultra Balls or Dusk Balls.

I also keep plenty of Quick Balls on me, though, and I'll usually attempt one first.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

wild encounter, try a Quick Ball, attack some, throw a Ultra Ball or two, bam

done
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Lower the HP of the opposing Pokemon, use Paralysis or Sleep, then chuck Pokeballs. I only use Pokeballs, I don't like the other ones. They look weird.

Default huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Go for the matching Poke Ball.
    what do you mean the matching pokeball?

I've always been an Ultra Ball kind of guy.

I like using Dusk balls (during nighttime) or Ultra Balls, but I'll throw a few Quick balls at the start of the battle just to see if I'm lucky. I guess I'm too impatient to use Pokeballs, especially on Pokemon with low catch rates.

Credits to Astral Shadow for both banners.

It depends, low level then quick ball, otherwise I would knock it down to the red zone on its hp and use an ultra ball :-).
    Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Duo!

My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast