Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White Forest & Black City Discussion

Default White Forest & Black City Discussion

I thought I'd make a thread to discuss these two new features of Pokemon Black & White.

I liked them, they're unique and it's fun to try and make your forest/city grow. They also each had their benefits - either helping you complete your pokedex or giving your pokemon ep points.

even though I have White, I like the idea of Black City better. Catching pokemon over and over did start to get boring after a while!
    White FC - 2494 3965 3624
    HeartGold FC - 0260 3014 9246
    PM me if you want to battle or trade!

While I agree that they were nice touches the Black City had a Glitch.
    A friend of mine was in the Black City And The building in the middle of the City disappeared.
    This disappointed me a little but nether the less The two locations are nice.

I prefer White Forest for the wild Pokemon and the occassional item(s) that appear everyday. I like that you get base Pokemon all at level 5. My favourite is Togepi because I love Togekiss and having the ability to catch infinite numbers of them is super :]

I like Black City for the trainer battles, but I hate the fact that you can't buy any good items unless you got the right trainers. I was unlucky that I got buyable Thunderstones because in-game you already get given three of them and only three Pokemon evolve using it - so pointless. I would prefer to buy able to buy Water Stone because a lot more Pokemon evolve using that and you don't get enough in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissel View Post
    While I agree that they were nice touches the Black City had a Glitch.
    A friend of mine was in the Black City And The building in the middle of the City disappeared.
    This disappointed me a little but nether the less The two locations are nice.
    Not a glitch. This happens if you don't visit or battle the trainers there after a long time. I have actually decided to let my Black City die because I have no use for it anyway.
    Last edited by Meowth City; 3rd July 2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

I have both Black and White. I don't really enjoy Black City, but I love White Forest. I enjoy being able to catch older gen Pokemon at Lv 5. I just wish it was easier to get the trainers to leave to be able to change the Pokemon that appear. For some reason, even if I ignore my Black City or White Forest, the people don't seem to want to go away
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Having both versions really makes a difference, I must say.

I really like both locations. Buying stuff in Black City is nice and I like the techno feel, but equally, I love the little log Cabin in White forest and all the cute little level fives.

I have both games and since I have two DS consoles now, I can easily update Black City and White Forest. Still, I usually only play Black version these days, so I don't really visit White City anymore. I tend to focus more on Black City and the trainer battles there.

I bought white because I loved the idea of the white forest. Unfortunately I didn't look into it enough because I don't own black and I don't know anyone that does so I can't get any trainers to move into the forest. All that aside I still enjoy the white forest
    White FC: 3396 4536 0418
    Name: Kirin

I just love both of them and found Black City to be extremely useful for training since I got both B/W and two DSs.

Credit to RocketFire for the banner

I'm not buying Black so I'm stuck with White Forest. Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed. To me it's a bit limited, since you can catch all the Pokemon in a day and after that there's nothing much to do. And plus the best ground item I found was a Yellow Shard.

Personally, I'd much prefer to battle everyday rather than have a place full of Pokemon I've already caught. I think my White Forest is pretty barren at the moment, to be honest I was a bit disappointed by it.
    Running for the thrill of it

I prefer Black City just for the extra thousand exp it gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Personally, I'd much prefer to battle everyday rather than have a place full of Pokemon I've already caught. I think my White Forest is pretty barren at the moment, to be honest I was a bit disappointed by it.
    I wish White version had Black City and Black version had White Forest. You know, to go with the whole yin and yang theme that these games have going on. I wouldn't have minded going to White Forest to capture Pokemon if that area were in Pokemon Black. I like the battles that Black City has to offer, but capturing Pokemon has always been my strong suit.

I prefer Black City for items, though i don't bother going there. White Forest if i want to get Pokemons i don't have.

Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

I really like black city because if you defeat the amount the person in rge building in the middle sayys, you get extra money.
    But its disapointed that the items are limited :/
    No.

I'm not sure why, but in my Black City, there is no large building where I can buy items. There never has been, even when I first went to Black City.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I'm not sure why, but in my Black City, there is no large building where I can buy items. There never has been, even when I first went to Black City.
    Sounds like you spent to much time enjoying pre E-4.

Personally I would much rather catch pokes so I went with White Forest. Now I am able to build a forest with some of my favorite Pokemon.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/295btk4.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/34f077p.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by FatalOmega View Post
    Sounds like you spent to much time enjoying pre E-4.
    It took me three days at most to go through the game and beat the E4. And the first thing I did after beating the E4 was go to Black City.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I have Japanese Black and English White, but I spend most of my time on White. I prefer Black City's music and looks, but like the idea of catching rare Pokemon in White Forest. Wonder if they will combine the two in the 3rd game, or something completely different altogether?
    Omega Ruby

Lol, my White Forest just have 1 guy in it and has no grass, just some trees, a pokecenter and a house.

I just wish Extralink was on wi-fi so I don't have to call people over to update the city.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/rw00t0.gif[/IMG]
    3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 4785-5575-1648 Name: Storm

I love white forest. You can catch hard to find pokemon, and so it's more useful than black city.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

I like White Forest more than Black City because the Pokemon are at Lvl 5, so you don't have to worry about relearning moves, and you can train them the way you want to. Which is a plus for me because I hate flying to Driftveil and going to my PC and getting the Pokemon with the right move just so I can get a Heart Scale!!! And because you have to battle people every day in Black City, and you only have to talk to people in White Forest. It's way easier .

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

I have the White Forest, but I'd rather have the Black City. It just sounds more fun.

I hate black city with a passion. I think it was a terrible decision to make it so that the city can disappear with tim. I switched the date of my ds so that i could get the different forms of deerling only to realize that black city had become a ghost town. o_O

I like the white forest better, I enjoy seeing the familiar faces from past games ^_^

Chaos made by Katatakat and Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by BossTrainer View Post
    I have the White Forest, but I'd rather have the Black City. It just sounds more fun.
    Trust me, no you don't. It's a dump when you first get there, and it doesn't even have any pokemon.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast