Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Maractus Musical! (714)

I haven't seen this yet but the pictures did make it look a lot more fun than they seemed.

Emolga seemed quite funny having a go at the Maractus for something, and the Scolipede scene looks pretty cool too, guess i'll have to wait :P

I remember making a thread about Ash participating in a triple battle. To those who thought that the show would not show that aspect in the games I say HA!
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

So this was basically a completely pointless filler episode recycling the old classics from previous years and bungling them into a glorified uguu-fest. Not impressed.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

I'm so used to TR being the main source of antagonism in these sorts of filler episodes, it's so weird that there were no bad guys in the episode. I've been keeping up through Serebii and I know it's been like this for a while, but like I said... all those years of TR doing the same thing over and over and now it's the polar opposite.
    Last edited by Ktai; 27th October 2011 at 9:58 PM.

Cute episode, but not much. Not very memorable, but not very bad either. The Maractus were great, one of my favorite species from Black & White. I loved the group interactions in this one - wish we got to see some of the lesser-seen Poke's though too :\
    X Team:

Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    So this was basically a completely pointless filler episode recycling the old classics from previous years and bungling them into a glorified uguu-fest. Not impressed.
    Its a filller like any other.

It didn't recylce anything, it even had the first triple battle that didn't finish obviously.

This episode was great purely for the fact it played the most memorable background music of the Original Series.
    That moment sold the episode.

Besides it being filler and looking quite boring, it actually was quite funny, especially with Axew throwing the maracas at Oshawott and Pansage.
    Emolga's teaching session aswell to the Maractus was just as funny.

Did anybody picture EP001's most memorable moment dumbed down when the cotd stood infront of his Maractus to save it from the Scolipede?...

Overall it actually was quite enjoyable.

7/10.

Was the Triple Battle just a 3-on-3 free for all, or were any of the limits on them from the games noticeably put into place?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Was the Triple Battle just a 3-on-3 free for all, or were any of the limits on them from the games noticeably put into place?
    It seemed like it was just a free for all.

Wicked Witch got nothing on me

This episode was alright. It was cool to see Marakacchi and Doredia for the 1st time. Their Round to create a beautiful rainbow was very beautiful. The flashbacks of past Musicals looked very interesting, saw a Shimama which made me more excited. As usual Mijurmaru popped out of his Pokeball... Iris and Kibago were so cute with their little dancing they were doing. Dent and Yanappu were funny to watch when they did River Dancing (at least I think that's what it was.?) Ash's dancing was unique with a little bow. I like how the 1 Marakacchi that was struggling was actually the smallest of the 3. Tobio was definitely very mean to the little Marakacchi, and because of that, the little one ran away. Iris and Kibago ended up participating in the competition when Tobio and the Marakacchi were still not at the stage yet. It was great to see the 3 Marakacchi finally get the act correctly, it ended very beautifully and they won! It was funny to see the 1 trainer hit the Zen-Mode Hihidaruma with a mallet. Pendoraa was a victim again in this episode... The little Marakacchi was definitely very scared of heights. It was great to finally see a triple battle! Especially with Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Pikachu in it. It wasn't great however that they never finished the battle... It was different seeing a character singing the opening theme in this episode on stage. At the end of the episode a real rainbow was shown.

40/100
    Last edited by G50; 28th October 2011 at 4:11 AM.

Man I didn't finish watching everything...but when Dento/Iris/Ash and their Pokemon were dancing together it was just so cute X3333
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

The intro to triple battles was a big flop.

Only person who even commanded 2 or more pkmn at once was Tobio.

On Ash's behalf, it might have well been a 2 v. 3 or 3 vs.1.

Bonus points for the Young Lady who sung the BW OP theme for her stage performance <3

Finally watched the episode lol, it was pretty fun to watch and I wasn't pumped for this episode at all.

The first part with the pokemons and them being funny just remembers me of small animals playing around and say AWWWW cute, plus I though the trainers dancing with them was pretty funny, special Dent and Pansage Russian Cossack dance was fun XD.

Then we got to know about Tobio situation,some backstory and why he wanted to do that coreography.

The triple battle introduction while didn't get a finish, it gives me hope it will happen later, what was bothering me was the kid pokemons were attacking at the same time and Satoshi pokemons were attacking in turns but I think it was just for the sake of helping them perfect the moves.

Problems with the little one persist he runs away, Dent and Iris go to "stall" the talent show till Tobio gets there apparently, which ended up with Iris doing her weird dance and Kibago doing his stuff again, which was funny(mainly for Iris reaction, like "eh this isn't working").

The little one is attacked by a Pendora which then goes to attack Tobio, since he is protecting it, the little ones gathers his courage and protects its trainer, then with help of Pikachu they are able to escape and while doing it the Marakachi finally perfect their act.

They go back Tobio encourages the little one and tells him he can do it, they end up doing it and win the talent show.

Goodbyes, Tobio tells he is going to Raimon City to be part of musicals and the episode ends.

Anyway pretty fun and in some parts funny episode to watch, not a bad filler.

not much to say about this episode but i just got to say i love the pin missile animation in this it was bueatiful.

I liked this episode. It was filled with cute moments and that is what I love 8D. I wish the battle could've finished considering it was off to a great start. Snivy reflecting pin missile with vine whip = pro.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

-Ash starts off this episode raring to go fight a Gym Battle! ...but Dento points out that he's not in Driftveil City. But wait! There's a distraction nearby - some kid with a trio of Maractus!
    -I get the feeling that we'll be hearing this EXACT Maractus chant far too many times in this episode.
    -The kid orders them to do something called Over The Rainbow...which is ultimately messed up by the Maractis named "Cacchin."
    -Then we get a round of introductions. Apparently the kid's traveling to Nimbasa to take part in the musicals.
    -And of course, Dento loves musicals. At this point I think the only thing he doesn't love is supernatural stuff that freaks him out.
    -...oh god he's going all sing-songy about it, too!
    -There's a "Pokemon Performance Battle" going on in town...so...uh...a Pokemon Contest, basically?
    -They all decide to help the kid practice, and the first step is rhythm! Ash wonders what Pokemon could give them a rhythm...and Oshawott volunteers itself!
    -Oshawott makes a rhythm by banging on its scallsword. CUTEST. THING. EVER.
    -Dento sends out Pansage because...well, because. And then the kid gives it a tamborine.
    -Pansage playing the tamborine is cute, but Oshawott was still cuter! (of course, Dento shouts out an AH, FANTASTIC~ at Pansage anyway)
    -And Axew bangs on a tamborine too...and Iris starts dancing along!
    -Ash takes that as a challenge, and starts dancing with Oshawott and Pikachu! Why is this episode so cute already?!
    -Pansage sees that & starts doing a little can-can dance, and Dento promptly looks ridiculous by joining in.
    -And now the fun's over with. Time to get to work!
    -...and by "work", I mean "the Pokemon flailing around with instruments and producing the disjointed sound you'd expect."
    -Axew ends up losing its grip on one of its maraccas, which hits Oshawott, who gets pissed and yells at Pansage for some reason, and Pikachu tries to break it up. Then Axew(blissfully unaware that any of this happened & still playing the other maracca) accidently flings away the other maracca, hitting Pikachu and Pansage who get into a brawl with each other(and Oshawott!). And Axew is STILL happily dancing around!
    -Dento chooses to apologize to the kid instead of, you know, helping to break up the fight his Pokemon helped start.
    -After all that's sorted out, they seem to have gotten the bright idea of using an actual boombox.
    -Cacchin's still too chicken to do the Over The Rainbow right. ...and I just noticed that it's the runt of the Maractus trio. I guess they had to differentiate it somehow (...although you'd think the scarf would be enough).
    -Iris decides that Emolga is the perfect Pokemon to use to help train jumping skills. Yeah, sure, whatever.
    -It's somehow hilarious seeing Emolga getting to lecture a Pokemon twice its size on the proper way to jump on things.
    -And Cacchin gets it right on its second try!
    -Now the kid has the other two Maractus high-five, and Cacchin jump on top of that...but although it can jump up there, its balance isn't so great.
    -Ash decides the solution to this is...a Pokemon battle. Oh, Ash.
    -But Dento rationalizes this by saying it'll be a triple battle! About time we saw one of those.
    -Iris doesn't know what that is, though you'd think she'd know since Unova is the only place where they even do that kind of battle.
    -Ash is quite confident about this even though he's never done a triple battle before. Well, it's not like this battle is even about him in the first place...
    -Ash uses Tepig, Snivy, and...Pikachu. Come on, THAT close to using all three starters and he didn't?
    -...the kid kind of has an unfair advantage that he can command three Pokemon of the same species to use the same move at once. Whereas Ash has to command Pokemon individually.
    -Cacchin almost manages to balance on top of the other Maracatus in midair...but it's afraid of heights. This kid has literally only been practicing this **** for a day or two, right? Because COME ON.
    -Oh, and the battle's cut short because of that. Hopefully we'll get a PROPER triple battle some day.
    -Everyone starts getting hyped up about trying again...except Cacchin. But Best Wishes is kicking in, so it's okay!
    -And then some in-show lady starts singing along to Best Wishes. That's...kind of bizzare, if you think about it for a minute.
    -Also the kid's babbling about his dreams and why he chose Over The Rainbow as his performance but who cares about that since we won't see him again past this episode.
    -Cacchin still doesn't look too enthused about all this.
    -Cacchin screws up again, and the kid starts yelling at it instead of trying to find out why it's not doing the move right(but yelling at a Pokemon that was clearly unhappy even BEFORE this round of practice will make it magically perform well, right?!).
    -To nobody's surprise but the gang of idiots who are supposed to be good with Pokemon, Cacchin bails.
    -Oh, and the Performance Battle is about to start, too. Maybe this will teach the kid a lesson about not snapping at others, and about giving your group enough time to practice instead of charging into performances with what appears to have been less than a week of practice, and...
    -They finally find Cacchin(though Iris and Dento are searching the performance grounds even though it CLEARLY didn't run that way!), and...it runs into a Scolipede. Are those things going to be the Beedril of BW?
    -The kid bravely stands between Cacchin and the Scolipede(instead of Ash being smart and using his Pokemon to fight it off), which of course makes Cacchin save him and blah blah blah.
    -And NOW Ash decides to help.
    -Back at the stadium, the MC calls for any last-minute performers...and Iris goes up there to stall for time! Go Iris!
    -It's not as awe-inspiring as the tricks the other performers pulled, but Axew banging on a tamborine while Iris dances is still cute.
    -And then the others show up. Surely the Over The Rainbow trick will work perfectly this time even though the Maractus have never successfully pulled it off before.
    -Of course, the power of trust and friendship(and dumb luck) makes it work. Hopefully he's able to replicate that when it's time for REAL musical performances!
    -At the end, there's an actual rainbow in the sky even though it never rained during the episode. What.

The first half of this episode was pretty cute, but the second half was filled with so much idiocy(seriously, Tonio's Maractus didn't even get the Over The Rainbow right ONCE before he went and entered a performance competition? What the hell would he have done if his Maractus fell flat on their face in front of the crowd?) that I practically wanted to strangle Tonio.

I know, I know, it had to be that way for the plot to be dramatic enough. But there was a point where I couldn't not notice it. Maybe I'm just grumpy today?
    Last edited by Juputoru; 29th October 2011 at 5:26 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Geez, I think I have my least favorite episode of this season, maybe I'm in the wrong mood for an episode like this, but still, this was kinda boring. Half the episode was in a single spot, the cotd got on my nerves for some reason (I have no idea why really considering how generic he looks and acts.) The maractus falling over like seven times annoyed me, the maractus annoyed me, the random scolipede annoyed me, everything annoyed me. :/

heh, yeah, I must be not in the right mindset or something, ah well, maybe next week will be better.

^ exactly what he said

I have found a fridge horror in this episode: How did one of the contestants had her 3 darmanitan's zen mode activated?

Spoiler:- Added:
    Last edited by pikadon92; 29th October 2011 at 3:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Its a filller like any other.

It didn't recylce anything, it even had the first triple battle that didn't finish obviously.
    Not really. Debut of a proper triple battle and Ash has his first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Pansage sees that & starts doing a little can-can dance, and Dento promptly looks ridiculous by joining in.
    -Dento chooses to apologize to the kid instead of, you know, helping to break up the fight his Pokemon helped start.
    - Iris decides that Emolga is the perfect Pokemon to use to help train jumping skills. Yeah, sure, whatever.
    -Ash uses Tepig, Snivy, and...Pikachu. Come on, THAT close to using all three starters and he didn't?
    -...the kid kind of has an unfair advantage that he can command three Pokemon of the same species to use the same move at once. Whereas Ash has to command Pokemon individually.
    -They finally find Cacchin(though Iris and Dento are searching the performance grounds even though it CLEARLY didn't run that way!), and...it runs into a Scolipede. Are those things going to be the Beedril of BW?
    -And then the others show up. Surely the Over The Rainbow trick will work perfectly this time even though the Maractus have never successfully pulled it off before.
    -Of course, the power of trust and friendship(and dumb luck) makes it work. Hopefully he's able to replicate that when it's time for REAL musical performances!
    -At the end, there's an actual rainbow in the sky even though it never rained during the episode. What.

The first half of this episode was pretty cute, but the second half was filled with so much idiocy(seriously, Tonio's Maractus didn't even get the Over The Rainbow right ONCE before he went and entered a performance competition? What the hell would he have done if his Maractus fell flat on their face in front of the crowd?) that I practically wanted to strangle Tonio.
    Just to comment on your points.

That's not really the can-can dance.

Well, Ash and Iris went to sort if out, it was polite for Cilan to apologize for the Pokemon that were helping Tobio, getting into a fight.

Well Emolga can fly, so it can jump well and it would be a good Pokemon to help the Maractus and it did sort of help Cacchin out.

I agree, Maractus have a resistance to Pikachu and Oshawott could have been used. A triple battle with the 3 Unova starters would have been better in my opinion. I guess we'll just have that Trip Battle where Ash used his starters. I guess there could be another Triple battle later on where Ash uses all of his starters though.

The only move they all knew was Pin Missile. Pikachu is strong and Tepig had an advantage, so Tobio didn't have that much of an advantage.

Probably, except there won't be a group of Scolipede and they don't appear that often. This was like the Scolipede, Axew situation. There was no other situation involving a Scolipede like this before, unless you want to count BW027 where Bianca disturbed that one in the bushes.

Yes they did. Through the episode, Cacchin got it right by standing on the other two perfectly, it just kept stumbling, especially in the air and after the Scolipede situation, Cacchin landed on the other two perfectly. Then they landed on the ground perfectly. They pretty much got it right before the performance. Add in the talk that Tobio had with Cacchin which was probably something about him being sorry, or about the move he couldn't do and with the fact that it probably put more effort into it when it got on the stage.

That wasn't a musical performance, it was just the performance round for actually getting to do a musical in Nimbasa. And it wasn't actually dumb luck.

I guess it could have rained before the sunset and after the performance, probably not though. With the rainbow in the perormance, I wonder how that happened. I guess the Pin Missiles represented the rain, but still, how did the rainbow get there? From the Round move somehow? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    Geez, I think I have my least favorite episode of this season, maybe I'm in the wrong mood for an episode like this, but still, this was kinda boring. Half the episode was in a single spot, the cotd got on my nerves for some reason (I have no idea why really considering how generic he looks and acts.) The maractus falling over like seven times annoyed me, the maractus annoyed me, the random scolipede annoyed me, everything annoyed me. :/

heh, yeah, I must be not in the right mindset or something, ah well, maybe next week will be better.
    What did you want, them to move around whilst performing the move? It was best for them to stay there so that they're used to the ground, whilst practicing the move.

And yes they kept falling over. Ever hear of "Practice makes perfect" and "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again".

What did you want, them to try it twice and then everything was resolved?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Gee, wasn't there a promo pic that showed Ash and co. participating in the Musical with Cinccino debuting? Whatever happened to that?

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Gee, wasn't there a promo pic that showed Ash and co. participating in the Musical with Cinccino debuting? Whatever happened to that?
    Just a promo for the Musical in BW053, that's all really. Sorry if you were hoping for it to hint at something else :P

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Default lol

Iv'e maded a small comic of this episode, check my sig.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/51x11h.png[/IMG]

Black FC: 5329-0103-2325

Spoiler:- Chamber of Art:

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Just a promo for the Musical in BW053, that's all really. Sorry if you were hoping for it to hint at something else :P
    They lied to me about Iris and Cilan holding hands!

*shakes fist angrily*

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    They lied to me about Iris and Cilan holding hands!

*shakes fist angrily*
    What'd you expect lady? This is Pokemon, that stuff doesn't belong in this happy kid show :P

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast