Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Maractus Musical! (714)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    What'd you expect lady? This is Pokemon, that stuff doesn't belong in this happy kid show :P
    *cue Bianca hugging her father and saying that she loves him, incest not intended*

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Hmmm...the ep's good,not boring.Normally I skip lots of scenes while watching a filler.But then again it's not an episode that will be included in my "watch again" list.It's a filler that entertained for 20min.
    side note: I watched ash vs paul about 200 times by now o.o

I finally got to watch this episode. I loved this episode.

The character of the day was pretty interesting to me, I like his goal.

Maractus was great overall in my eyes.

I loved the "Over The Rainbow" performance.

It was really enjoyable for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

This episode was alright. My favorite part had to be Ash, Iris, and Dent doing their awkward dances but other than that it wasn't that great for me. Like gliscor&yanmega said, this kid's goal was just a notch more touching than the typical COTD.

I'm only disappointed that Dent didn't get a turn to 'stall' the audience D:

Oh, and OS music shocked me.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

I liked having the Triple Battle introduced, although it was short-lived.

Edit: Yay, level up! I'm Whitney now !

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Oshawott was so cute in this episode, and I love that everyone is stanning for him. As for the Maractus; I didn't pay them much attention. I knew that they were gonna be bland, but that still didn't make things easier. I think the writers could've selected a better Pokemon for a music-based episode, but that's just my opinion. The whole Scolipede incident near the end of the episode seemed too recycled for my tastes, but I guess I should be getting used to seeing recycled ideas. Overall, the episode wasn't that great. I give it two kisses out of five.

Worse episode to show triple battles.

My ideal battle ever!

Default First Review for the English Dub!

You know, I actually liked this fun filler episode, which is weird as from what I read it sounded terrible. I really liked how we got to see some of the Pokémon interact with each other and their trainers. Emolga teaching Tessy, Pikachu and Pansage beating up Oshawott, and Cilan and Pansage’s Russian looking dance were all funny moments for me.

I really did like the Maractus’ performance, and it was honestly nice to see people training on screen to reach their goals. I feel for Toby, and hopes that he someday does become successful enough to bring his town back to live. Too bad we will never see him again.

Now, did Toby need to win the competition to earn the chance to audition for the Pokémon Musical in Nimbassa, or was this just practice? And why is their performance so contest-like when the musical in Nimbassa was just basic dancing? I wish we saw the other competitor’s performances, as that flying Buffafro looked pretty sweet

If maracas and tambourines can be drawn without CGI, why does Oshawott’s clapper-thing need CGI? Are the animators just lazy, or is Oshawott so important that he is worth the CGI?

Does anyone find it odd or hypocritical that when Ash and co. talk about Triple battles helping Pokémon become “in sync” with each other during a triple battle, Ash had his Pokémon attack separately and they displayed zero teamwork unlike the Maractus? It was as though Toby was in a Triple battle while ash was in a Rotation battle.

Another thing is that I really feel the phrase “in sync” is overused in the anime. I wish that once in a while they would explain to the audience what that even means as a reminder. They remind us about water conducting electricity and type advantages all the time, so this isn’t any different.

When Ash, Toby, and the Maractus run into Scolipede, why is upset when being bumped into but not being attacked? Its face was grabbed and its feet were hit with a ball of electricity, so why was calm enough to not bother chasing its aggressors? I feel like there was suppose to be a fight that cut out for time.

I did like the Maractus’ voice, but Toby’s sounded… unpleasant to the ears, which is quite sad as I did like him. Despite this and my other concerns, I still fully enjoyed this episode.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

I found it funny his name was
    Toby since the night before I did a marathon of Tobuscus videos on Youtube. Anyway the ep felt like one of those Johto eps to me which was ok since we have had lots of canon eps lately.

It's a good episode. This is the first time Ash participates a Triple Battle. And they help the trainer with the Maractus.

I won't blame people if they find this episode boring, it IS. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    ......The dancing was cute at least. :3
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Does that women sing the theme song in the dub?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Stupid CN and its sudden schedule change. I lost this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Stupid CN and its sudden schedule change. I lost this episode.
    Its called DVR Or VCR. If you don't have either that is very sad lol

I don't like the music change for the performance that they did in the dub. It just didn't go well at all with the routine like it did in the Japanese version.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I watched the dub version of this episode. All in all, it was a pretty good episode. The only things I didn't like was the Maractus Trio owner's voice and that lady singing the dub opening seemed pretty cheesy. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Does that women sing the theme song in the dub?
    either that or she's a really good intimidator
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

How are the three Darmanitans in Zen Mode all the time? The trainer must really mistreat them.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Ok...this episode originally was pretty bland...I just don't get how the dub made it WORSE!! For starters, they gave a HORRIBLE voice for that Tobi kid...it just didn't fit...why did it have to sound like some kid going through puberty with all that voice cracking nonsense...but what really ruined the episode were all the music alterations...I actually found the music played during the maractus musical in the original episode its winning point. It was an upbeat type of music and the maractus sang along...the dub turned that into a mellow, watered down mess...I'm just glad that they didn't mess around with the whole Iris/ axew dance thing...that was still pretty cute...this episode was so bad that i was mostly focusing on the decor which made me realize something...In Tobi's flashback of the musical, there was one scene with a munna levitating two sandile with psychic...aren't sandile dark types!? Yeah you can tell, not one of the best days for the dub...and I thought them editing out Elesa's theme music was bad...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I expected Brock to return to sing his La La song and then vanish into thin air. *Sigh* Would of saved the episode.

This was just an alright filler, though I kinda felt that they could have done a bit more with Maractus considering this was its debut episode. I would have laughed if Iris' simple performance in the competition allowed her to win.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I really enjoyed this episode. The whole performance by the Maractus really had the feel of the appeals round at a Pokemon Contest, it was great! The whole episode centred around Tussy overcoming various problems instead of just one (which is unusual) which were jumping, timing and then the fear of heights.

Not only that we had a triple battle (well half), it was interesting to see that in the anime they have decided to keep it a free-for-all like double battles which I think is better. It would be very odd to have one pokemon only attacking two of the three opponents when it is perfectly possible to attack the other.

Very Enjoyable.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

The last thing I expected was an advertisment of the Triple Battle Feature in the games... To bad they couldn't finish it...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    The only good part was the short triple battle reference...but it couldn't save the whole episode
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast