Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Maractus Musical! (714)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The only good part was the short triple battle reference...but it couldn't save the whole episode
    Yeah. This episode is one of those ones that is indisputably filler.

The triple battle could have been written better, but then again, they only wanted to use the situation to help the Cactus' performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Yeah. This episode is one of those ones that is indisputably filler.

The triple battle could have been written better, but then again, they only wanted to use the situation to help the Cactus' performance.
    My fear is that this will be the only representation of the Triple battle
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Fine episode, but I agree about the Triple Battle. It was cool, would like to see it utilized more.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Stupid CN and its sudden schedule change. I lost this episode.
    You lost nothing of worth.. Unless you're a huge Maractus fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    My fear is that this will be the only representation of the Triple battle
    Well there's also the ingame fights in Opelucid City that you can rechallenge each day. That could well be a good set up for another Don Battle.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Not a bad filler the Maractus were decent enough in it. I got a couple of minor quibbles Toby's English VA was horrible, I would've liked to seen them keep the Best Wishes insert even if it's instrumental, & Toby actually thinking Tussy would've gone to the stage when in plain sight of the group Tussy fled into the woods. What makes you think the Pokemon you just yelled at for not completing it's move would've actually headed for the stage when you saw it head into the woods, ya couldn't change the script or the improvise just to have Iris or Cilan say they'll delay the performance enough to give Toby time to apologize.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

the trio' trainer's voice was weird... and i don't think the woman singing was singing the black and white them, thats just music they had playing over it..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

WTF! ANYONE ELSE HEARD IT TOO?!

During the time Tobio did his performance (In the Japanese version of this episode), there was instrumental "Nanairo Achi" already playing! The fact is, when this episode was out, the ending was still "Can You Name All the Pokémon? BW." not Nanairo Achi. If you will listen closely to the part where Tobio says "Over the Rainbow" during their performance near the end, in the Japanese version, you can hear it playing! (instrumental version).

I like how the Maractus looked in the anime. There were kind of cute. Better than Cacturne. 7/10

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

I finished watching the dub version. I enjoyed it, only thing I didn't like was Toby's voice, just didn't sound good to me, voice sounded cracked to me which I probably would have liked better if it wasn't like that.

Maractus sounded alright to me as well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    The intro to triple battles was a big flop. Only person who even commanded 2 or more pkmn at once was Tobio. On Ash's behalf, it might have well been a 2 v. 3 or 3 vs.1.
    I agree, the battle was basically just them standing around, doing one attack at a time. Not anymore interesting to watch than the in-game battles. >_>

But, other than that, I thought it was enjoyable little episode. Cute to see everyone dancing and boogie-ing in the beginning! And Toby had an interesting goal, in my opinion. It was kinda slow at times and predictable, but I had a good time.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

A little late to post about this episode, but I haven't got to watch it up till now. Anyways:

Likes-
    The adorable performance by Pansage, Oshawott, Pikachu and Axew. It was hilarious when they got mad and started to fight.
    The pretty cool performances of the musical.
    The Triple Battle; sad it was too brief though.

Dislikes-
    Toby's voice; I just couldn't take it much longer.
    Toby yelling at Tessie; shouting doesn't make it feel any better. Glad he apologized.
    The woman singing the Season 14 song. Sorry doll, YOURE NOT gOING TO HOLLY WOOD TODAY.

I guess this episode makes it the one time we'll see some element of the once known "Pokemon Contests", with the appealing moves the Maractus did for their performance. Along with the others who performed.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Holy crap the dub sucked. Toby's voice was unbearable. The woman singing Black and White was also completely out of sync with the animation of her mouth.

At least the nicknames were decent.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Gah, didn't like this episode. Those maractus were really annoying. I was hoping a maractus would be James's latest grass pokemon gag, but after this episode I'm glad he hasn't gotten one yet.

2/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

i didn't like this episode it was horrible and was crap and was a filler and it sucked

Toby's voice was annoying, and I found the Maractus to be creepy. Also yay the 500th wild Scolipede attack. Brilliant. The woman singing Black and White was also completely out of sync with the animation of her mouth.

0/10
    e

This episode was cool. I loved the Maractus and loved how the musical was shown.

I didn't like This episode. Toby's dub voice was just ...... unbearable, I couldn't stand his voice. The woman singing 'Black and White' theme was stupid(the dubbers should, it was out of sync with her mouth movements. The dubbers should've make a song that matchs her mouth movement.
    The only good thing about this episode was the triple battle, but sadly it was short.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234