Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Majesty

Default Rainbow Majesty

RAINBOW MAJESTY

I was really bored so I decided to make an RMT for a team I made for a war match with Cometk. The team is pretty cool, I was asking around for some good stuff to use alongside Hydreigon and someone suggested I pair it with Virizion. Which is a really great combination: Hydreigon lures in **** like Jirachi, Scizor, and blissey which all give Virizion a tough way to go and maims them or KOs them effectively giving Virizion a much easier time sweeping. Having a Expert Belt makes him so much better too since it fakes choice and means I don't have to rely so much on predicition when using him. The rest of the team kind of fell into place for specific needs, Heatran is a reliable user of Stealth Rock and an all around good check to Sun teams. Scarf Tar is so anti-meta its stupid catching **** like Tornadus, Ninetales, and other things that think they outspeed off guard getting key KOs that really help the team out. Gliscor came in because I desperately needed a solid fighting resist and he's an all around good check to most physcial threats. The last member of the team is a bit of an oddity; I originally had a CB Scizor in this slot, but I was really weak to Gyarados who's really been getting popular lately. I got a suggestion to try Metagross and even though I haven't battled a Gyara he does pretty good job at checking it since most people don't expect thunderpunch. He does basically the same job as Scizor anyways checking **** like reuniclus and taking random dragon moves/revenging with STAB Bullet Punch. Anyways this RMT is just for fun as this team was literally made a couple days ago and has only been used against Cometk haha. The only real reason I made this RMT is because I love Rainbow Majesty and felt like making an RMT with her as the theme haha.

| | | | |

|
    Tyranitar@ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Att | 252 Spe | 4 SpD
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Superpower

Scarf Tar is so anti-meta its ridiculous. With all the chople SpD sets running around, this set has a ton of surprise factor and often gets a ton of good KOs. Together with Virizion they basically checks rain completely which is really handy since Rain has become that much stronger since the exca ban. Scarf Tyranitar also checks random other **** like SD Lucario, other Tar, and and weakened/frail psychic or ghost types. Gengar is still a major pain as I usually have to end up saccing metagross to get him in for free to pursuit it. Tyranitar also checks Tornadus a pokemon that has become a major threat in the metagame since Exca and his brother Thundurus were banned. Stone Edge is his most powerful STAB move and hits anything that doesn't resist it like a truck. Crunch and Pursuit are used in tandom for secondary STAB and to trap **** that can be annoying to the team. Superpower provides really great coverage alongside his STAB and hits Steels like Heatran for great damage. The EVs are Standard being max att and max spe with a jolly nature so I can outspeed as much **** as possible. He also provides me a weather but I don't really care about that I used him more for his ability to check a lot of stuff that threatens me rather than for the weather boost. He's nice for taking out sun fast though because Ninetales almost always stay in thinking they'll be able to get a quick burn off, which really goes a long way in wearing them down. Ttar getting rid of **** like the lati twins and gengar also goes a long ways in helping Hydreigon break through teams since a lot of his checks rely on being faster and are fairly weak to being pursuited.

|
    Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP | 200 Def | 56 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Protect
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang

This is the standard Gliscor set for this generation and for good reason. He is extremely important to this team because he serves as the only fighting resist. He's my main switch-in to things like CB Terrakion since with protect+poison heal recovery makes him the best one available in OU. Swords Dance is there to help him break stall although without taunt he's not nearly as good at doing that, but I have Hydreigon as well so it evens out. He's basically my go to switch-in for the vast majority of physically based sweepers and I usually play him conservatively depending on the opponent's team. Since he's my only fighting resist I have to be careful about keeping him alive when I see powerful physical attackers on the opposing team. He's usually my first switch into things like blissey as well because he is immune to status as soon as I get my toxic orb activated. Gliscor is pretty useful overall and a valued member of the team, if he falls fighting types have a really easy time running through my team. The moveset is that of the standard Gliscor, with Swords Dance to help break through bulkier stuff and protect to help get back poison heal damage, which is always handy. Earthquake is obligatory STAB and Ice Fang rounds out hitting **** that is immune to EQ. Ground and Ice is pretty great coverage anyways so it helps him break through slower stuff. He often lures out **** like Rotom-w and other bulky waters for Virizion and Hydreigon to take advantage of. The EVs are pretty standard, I run enough speed to outrun adamant breloom because max speed non-scarf tar are so rare its really not worth running the extra EVs, I gave him maximum HP for overall bulk, and the rest went into defense so he can take physical hits really well. The impish nature bulks him up even more, making him really solid overall.

|
    Metagross@ Choice Band
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP | 212 Att | 48 Spe
    -Meteor Mash
    -Bullet Punch
    -Thunderpunch
    -Earthquake

Metagross is actually a pretty cool mon in this metagame. He has a ton of natural bulk and a massive attack stat: the perfect combination of things for a solid choice band pokemon. Metagross also has a handy ability in Clear Body which lets him ignore **** like intimidate and other stat lowering abilities and moves. He's also really handy at absorbing random dragon moves in case heatran falls. His natural bulk also lets him check calm mind pokemon that give me trouble like CM Reuniclus and apposing Virizion. Meteor Mash is obligatory STAB and anything that doesn't resist it is gonna take a huge chunk of damage from it. It also has the secondary ability of sometimes raising my attack which is always appreciated. Bullet Punch is awesome priority and with the STAB boost it can really handy in picking off random weakened mons on the opposing team. It also helps me have another decent check to CB Terrakion, one of the biggest threats in the current metagame. Thunderpunch may seem like an oddity, but it gives me my best shot at beating gyrados, a threat that has been coming up in usage recently. It also lets me hit Jellicent who would otherwise come in and wall me/burn me without a care in the world. Earthquake is pretty much coverage and hits stuff like heatran and other steels really hard when they try to come in on my STAB moves. The EVs are geared for maximum overall bulk, and then enough speed to outrun standard Jellicent so I can 2HKO on the switch. I stuck the rest in attack with an adamant nature so he can **** as hard as possible. People tend to underestimate the power of this set so it often ends up getting me a ton of surprise KOs.

|
    Heatran@ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roar
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Pulse

Due to the fact that there is so few good Stealth Rock users in BW OU Heatran has become one of the best mons around. He's also an excellent check to Volcarona and sun teams in general. With Air balloon, he can actually beat dugtrio making him an excellent mon to have on a team. With the air balloon he checks random other things like Landorus who have to pop his balloon before they can threaten him. He's another great lure for bulky waters so Virizion and Hydreigon can come in and do work. With max SpA he utterly destroys anything that doesn't resist Fire Blast and sometimes things that do. Dragon Pulse is coverage and helps me beat stuff like dragonite who have to pop the balloon to win against him. Even without SpD investment he makes a great switch-in to dragon type moves and can immediately threaten them afterwards. I have to be careful though as without reliable recovery he can only come in a couple times. Stealth Rock is necessary for any team turning all kinds of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Roar is really handy because it means I can stop things trying to set up on me and rack up some extra damage that can ensure me some extra KOs. The EVs are pretty self-explanatory, 252 SpA and 252 Spe with a modest nature so he can hit things as hard as possible. I slapped the last 4 in SpD though thats just filler of course.

|
    Hydreigon@ Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 SpD
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Dark Pulse
    -Focus Blast

Expert Belt Hydreigon is by far one of my favorite mons from the new generation. He's so great at what he does, and is one of the best partners to Virizion. With him faking choice sets he brings out things like Jirachi, Blissey, and Reuniclus all of whom counter Virizion pretty hard. He can 2HKO all of them with the appropriate move, and thanks to his item I can afford to mispredict because I can just use the appropriate move the following turn and destroy whatever swithces in. The only thing thats dissapointing about Hydreiogon is his speed stat which is below what it needs to be for Hydreigon to truly be a monster. Even with that he does his job as a wall breaker exceptionally well muscling through the majority of the metagame with the appropriate move. I love seeing Heatrans, Tyranitars, and Jirachis switching in thinking they can wall me and getting destroyed by the appropriate move the next turn. The moves given give him perfect coverage hitting everything for at least neutral coverage and a vast majority for super effective. Draco Meteor is his strongest move and obligatory STAB destroying most anything that doesn't resist it. I usually don't use it until I clear out steels because of the SpA lowering side effect. Dark Pulse is the other half of his dual STAB and destroys **** like Jellicent and Reuniclus. Focus Blast hits the steel types that wall my STABs and destroys Tyranitar and Heatran when they try to come in on Draco and even has the ability to 2HKO blissey with a little prior damage. The final move is Fire Blast to utterly destroy Jirachi and anything else weak to it that comes in trying to wall me. The EVs are simple max speed and special attack witha modest nature to hit things as hard as possible. Hydreigon is something that, if played right, will almost always take out a couple of pokemon per game. And when he does die, he's usually already cleared the way for Virizion to sweep through the remainder of the team.

|
    Virizion@ Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 Def
    -Calm Mind
    -Giga Drain
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power[Ice]

Virizion is one of the best pokemon from the new gen and one of my personal favorites. With its excellent typing, amazing special bulk, and ability to boost his SpA he makes one of the best rain counters around. The reason I didn't use Celebi on this team like I do on most of my teams, is that Hydreigon does sucha great job at removing his counters that I felt like using him for his better bulk and overall sweeping ability. Virzion can come in on something and start boosting taking little damage from special attacks after a boost or 2 and then proceed to rip through the opposing team. Calm Mind is of course the standard boosting move for Virizion, and it makes its awesome SpD sky high while boosting its average SpA to acceptable sweeping levels. Giga Drain is my main STAB move and with the power to heal off any damage I've calculated it comes in handy. Focus Blast is the other half of his STAB, and destroys most things that resist my first STAB move, its annoying to have to use it since the accuracy is less than acceptable. However when it does hit, it wrecks so much ****. Hidden Power[Ice] hits everything else and lets me clear out flying types and opposing grass types really well allowing my sweep to continue unhindered. With Hydreigon clearing out his counters, he has a much easier time sweeping and against rain he basically GGs them after Hyreigon does work. Overall out of the few battles I've done with this team it worked well and Virizion was a pretty strong player in it.

Conclusion
    The team has hardly been played honestly, but I enjoyed it when I did use it. I just used this as an excuse to make an RMT with Rainbow Majesty as the theme. As my closing words I'll explain why I used Rainbow Majesty. She is a horse featured in a series of school supplies, and a friend of mine has one such: a folder with Rainbow Majesty on the cover. Whenever we do things Rainbow Majesty is the feature of the group so I have come to enjoy her company and image. Virizion also looks like a horse so the theme kind of fits haha.
    Last edited by Fortunato; 29th October 2011 at 5:52 AM.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Rainbow majesty!!!!

HP Ground Volcarona is a GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Quote Originally Posted by theebay707 View Post
    Rainbow majesty!!!!

nah ***** cause Heatran has got dat balloon! haha yeah hp ground volc 6-0s but thats alright cause its pretty uncommon these days.

Quote Originally Posted by theebay707 View Post
    Rainbow majesty!!!!

Like Pure said, its very uncommon. Very sweet team Pure! Its awesome.

I suggest using this though:

Arceus@Masterball 100 EVs in all stats
    -Fling
    -Recycle
    -Natural Gift
    -Refresh

Fling to throw the masterball at the opponents pokemon to catch it and youze t against him. Recycle to get the masterball bak to either use natural gift to be a ohko or fling andd ctach another poekemon. Refresh to heal if you get burnded or posined

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

I love this team.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    I suggest using this though:

-Fling
    -Recycle
    -Natural Gift
    -Refresh

Fling to throw the masterball at the opponents pokemon to catch it and youze t against him. Recycle to get the masterball bak to either use natural gift to be a ohko or fling andd ctach another poekemon. Refresh to heal if you get burnded or posined
    This is a joke, right.

I like the team and the virzon/hyrdoen combo. It looks good, but watch out for starmine, it ice beams virzom and hyrdoem, hydro pumps heatran and t-tar. (t-tar might outspeed it though)

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Blue Dragon View Post
    This is a joke, right.

I like the team and the virzon/hyrdoen combo. It looks good, but watch out for starmine, it ice beams virzom and hyrdoem, hydro pumps heatran and t-tar. (t-tar might outspeed it though)
    Scarf Tyranitar outspeeds LO/Leftovers/Choice Specs Starmie.... hahahaha.

ooh, and pory wasn't joking. That Arceus set is pro

hahah glad u decided to go wit tht pic and not bays ;p

team seems pretty scarf karp/ specs machamp weak u should prob fix tht

i reccommend pory's set as this lets u capture the karp and machamp, letting it b useless

-Fling
    -Recycle
    -Natural Gift
    -Refresh

incase u forgot it ^ hahahah

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

The team looks a little weak to Scarf Magikarp, and Mixed Feebass could give you some problems too. Pory's arceus set would deal with both of those easily.

Anyway, once gliscor goes down, Infernape 6-0's with a little prediction, as far as i can see.

Now i'm going to take a leaf out of your mind and suggest a slowbro>gliscor. It would basically fix your ape weakness, at least, unless it dies. then ape still 6-0's you.
    Last edited by zerofield; 29th October 2011 at 4:18 AM.

so metal

Quick nitpick, you need 56 speed EVs on Gliscor to outrun Adamant Breloom, and you have 52 (I actually run that exact set, but with Taunt > Protect).

As for the team, it seems alright. MixApe does seem pretty dangerous, but I guess Tyranitar checks it alright. There are a few things here and there that are stopped by little on your team (i.e. Fighting types in general are dangerous if Gliscor goes down) but you should be able to play around them.

So yeah, nice team! ^_^

no this isn't joking use that arceus plz so you can eat 6-0s with it for breakfast huh
    Dude wth use this pokemon replace it for hydreigon

Machamp @draco plate
    -hp poison
    -brik brek
    -fling
    -focus blast
    C'mon you know what tjhis set does. Fling your draco plate or keep using hp poisons hits all types escept steel but idc since focus blast can kill

Now sorry but even with a thundapunchzzzz on metagross, SubDDance gyara with bounce and waterfall = gg specially with some halp of hazards

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Quick nitpick, you need 56 speed EVs on Gliscor to outrun Adamant Breloom, and you have 52 (I actually run that exact set, but with Taunt > Protect).

As for the team, it seems alright. MixApe does seem pretty dangerous, but I guess Tyranitar checks it alright. There are a few things here and there that are stopped by little on your team (i.e. Fighting types in general are dangerous if Gliscor goes down) but you should be able to play around them.

So yeah, nice team! ^_^
    Yeah Ape is a dick haha I made this team purely to fight comet for a war match so I didn't put a lot of long term thought or testing into it haha. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Farfan View Post
    no this isn't joking use that arceus plz so you can eat 6-0s with it for breakfast huh
    Dude wth use this pokemon replace it for hydreigon

Machamp @draco plate
    -hp poison
    -brik brek
    -fling
    -focus blast
    C'mon you know what tjhis set does. Fling your draco plate or keep using hp poisons hits all types escept steel but idc since focus blast can kill

Now sorry but even with a thundapunchzzzz on metagross, SubDDance gyara with bounce and waterfall = gg specially with some halp of hazards
    yeah gyarados will probably still win but metagross gives me a better shot at beating it haha.

You're also weak to a Scizor/Rotom-W combo, which is a lot more common than Ape or HP Ground Volcarona. Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can check that, so I'm not sure what to recommend.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    You're also weak to a Scizor/Rotom-W combo, which is a lot more common than Ape or HP Ground Volcarona. Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can check that, so I'm not sure what to recommend.

Hydreigon does a pretty cool job at stopping this, as I can usually lure one or the other in on a resisted hit and smash them the next turn. Otherwise yeah its gay as ****. Again though absolutely no time or effort for this team RMT was made purely for Rainbow Majesty!

hey cool team, i would like to point out that this team is decent at checking everything so no one can give a decent post for ya ^_^ anyways just dump all this crap and switch to TEAM MEDICHAM

ps: love ya, pure

Hammer Arm > EQ on Metagross? Hits pretty much the same things but 3HKOs Skarmory (2HKO when they Roost) while handling Ferrothorn, Bronzong and Rotom W better than your other moves. Hammer Arm OHKOs Balloon Heatran and Magnezone as well. It also OHKOs stuff like Scrafty (2HKOing even Bulk Up Scrafty) and blows away Tyranitar without risking a Meteor Miss or 2HKOing with EQ.

This team is... okay. It's really fighting-weak, though. What do you usually switch into Infernape or Terrakion? Nothing on your team seems to stand a chance against hard-hitting fighting types.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    This team is... okay. It's really fighting-weak, though. What do you usually switch into Infernape or Terrakion? Nothing on your team seems to stand a chance against hard-hitting fighting types.
    Gliscor and Metagross can take out terrakion, and many other fighters out there aren't fast enough/have typing disadvantages against team members. Ape is still a massive hole, and uturn ape/scarf rotom-w would wreck this team where the sun don't shine, even with slowbro>gliscor. feex eet.

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post

yep and thanks for not noticing anything said! I already stated a bunch of times this team isn't great and that I RMT'd it purely for the use of Rainbow Majesty. The team is extremely fighting weak I know this...jeez people don't be reading nothin' these days.

its fighting weak, you need a ghost. Use cofagrigus.

Credit: Sworn MetalHead

yeah you also have a huge ground weakness (once that air baloon pops)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    yeah you also have a huge ground weakness (once that air baloon pops)
    gliscor, hydreigon and air balloon tran ahahha

but i could see a jellicent fitting in nicely. cover fire types, stops infernape cold and completes a fgw core between tran and virizion

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Quote Originally Posted by dragonuser View Post
    gliscor, hydreigon and air balloon tran ahahha

but i could see a jellicent fitting in nicely. cover fire types, stops infernape cold and completes a fgw core between tran and virizion
    as if air baloon lasts a whole battle?

two out of 6 pokemon have a ground immunity and the rest have weaknesses to ground. That's ground weak.

What's with the Arceus and Machamp sets? Don't get it :s

But anyway.... WOOOOOOOOOO RAINBOW TEAM OF DOOOOOOOOOOMMM

ahem... Like Blue Harvest said, have Hammer Arm on Meta over EQ, with calcs it will 2HKO a roost Skamory and speed on Meta isn't really needed, you are a bit weak in certain bits but this is pure win!
    Black code: 3611 3351 1490 √-1

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2ln93l5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2rwubuh.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    as if air baloon lasts a whole battle?

two out of 6 pokemon have a ground immunity and the rest have weaknesses to ground. That's ground weak.
    no.

he switches into a ground move with Dreigon or Gliscor and boom, blocked, its not ground weak

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast